Skip to content

2019 Mock Drafts

The Browns Board
67 24 2.1k
  • has anyone but me used this site yet? https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/02/sweet-spots-for-every-position-in-2019-nfl-draft/  been using it for a while now. Seems loaded with good prospect information. Enjoy!! 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Mayfeild???

    I'd be careful about basing an argument on Rosen's part-time starter year in AZ.

    I had Mayfeild as the guy for the last month or so before the draft. 

    I don't see Rosen ever being better than an average QB.

    If we take a QB at 17 I will literally never watch the nfl again

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I had Mayfeild as the guy for the last month or so before the draft. 

    I don't see Rosen ever being better than an average QB.

    If we take a QB at 17 I will literally never watch the nfl again

    I'd say about zero percent chance of taking a QB EARLY, but I can certainly see us taking one eventually in the draft. I think the backup QB is an extremely important position, and I'm curious what we're going to do about it. Heck, if Josh McCown still wants to play, I'd love bringing him back for a year. 

    We're going to focus on DT, OL, and LB early on in the draft, if I had to bet. 

  • Pre draft is just not going to be as much fun this year.  There won't be any QB discussion.  We're picking way down at #17 where it's anybody's guess what will happen.  Of course draft day will be interesting.

  • Pre draft is just not going to be as much fun this year.  There won't be any QB discussion.  We're picking way down at #17 where it's anybody's guess what will happen.  Of course draft day will be interesting.

    @orion said:

    Pre draft is just not going to be as much fun this year.  There won't be any QB discussion.  We're picking way down at #17 where it's anybody's guess what will happen.  Of course draft day will be interesting.

    True, but there's going to be far less fighting going on here too. 

    The pre-draft talk got exhausting last season. 

  • @orion said:

    Pre draft is just not going to be as much fun this year.  There won't be any QB discussion.  We're picking way down at #17 where it's anybody's guess what will happen.  Of course draft day will be interesting.

    True, but there's going to be far less fighting going on here too. 

    The pre-draft talk got exhausting last season. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    True, but there's going to be far less fighting going on here too. 

    The pre-draft talk got exhausting last season. 

    Correct.  It's not going to be the same 'hot topic' that it's been every other year.  We finally have our QB.  Everything else is supporting cast.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    True, but there's going to be far less fighting going on here too. 

    The pre-draft talk got exhausting last season. 

    Correct.  It's not going to be the same 'hot topic' that it's been every other year.  We finally have our QB.  Everything else is supporting cast.

    @orion said:

    Correct.  It's not going to be the same 'hot topic' that it's been every other year.  We finally have our QB.  Everything else is supporting cast.

    Plus as far as I know no incoming college kid has blasted Trump so calfox won't be posting non-stop nonsense about it for months on end because he's butthurt... ?

  • @orion said:

    Correct.  It's not going to be the same 'hot topic' that it's been every other year.  We finally have our QB.  Everything else is supporting cast.

    Plus as far as I know no incoming college kid has blasted Trump so calfox won't be posting non-stop nonsense about it for months on end because he's butthurt... ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    Plus as far as I know no incoming college kid has blasted Trump so calfox won't be posting non-stop nonsense about it for months on end because he's butthurt... ?

    Give it time. The draft is at the end of April

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Plus as far as I know no incoming college kid has blasted Trump so calfox won't be posting non-stop nonsense about it for months on end because he's butthurt... ?

    Give it time. The draft is at the end of April

    @browns149 said:

    Give it time. The draft is at the end of April

    The draft talk here is not likely to be as overwhelming as in the past for two reasons:    A. as everyone said, we are now not looking for a QB...and B. The Browns pick #17.   When you are always picking top  1-5 you always have a debate about which few players would be the one to take.   Now...the field for the Browns opens up so widely because of all the teams picking ahead of them.    We could literally be talking about a range of  20-25 players that might be in consideration for that 17th pick.

    So, while maybe there will be a lot more players to consider....it is just not the same as the debate over a Top 5 pick.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Plus as far as I know no incoming college kid has blasted Trump so calfox won't be posting non-stop nonsense about it for months on end because he's butthurt... ?

    Give it time. The draft is at the end of April

    @browns149 said:

    Give it time. The draft is at the end of April

    nah - I had too much fun poking fun at the more popular super qb pick,

    the unchosen one. But Allen didn't score all that well this past season, either.

    Truth is, any qb talk is foolish - we have our qb, and iniquiring minds can note from above -

    I disputed that we should draft a developmental qb later on, and instead draft a kicker.

    I didn't like rosen for a lot of reasons, and politics was not one of em.

    I guarantee I'm delighted to not have qb's as part of the top draft rounds discussion.

    Baker is just flat out the guy who has IT in giant capital letters.

  • @browns149 said:

    Give it time. The draft is at the end of April

    nah - I had too much fun poking fun at the more popular super qb pick,

    the unchosen one. But Allen didn't score all that well this past season, either.

    Truth is, any qb talk is foolish - we have our qb, and iniquiring minds can note from above -

    I disputed that we should draft a developmental qb later on, and instead draft a kicker.

    I didn't like rosen for a lot of reasons, and politics was not one of em.

    I guarantee I'm delighted to not have qb's as part of the top draft rounds discussion.

    Baker is just flat out the guy who has IT in giant capital letters.

    @calfoxwc said:

    I didn't like rosen for a lot of reasons, and politics was not one of em.

    You are adorable when you lie through your teeth. ?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    I didn't like rosen for a lot of reasons, and politics was not one of em.

    You are adorable when you lie through your teeth. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    You are adorable when you lie through your teeth. ?

    Learned from the Master?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You are adorable when you lie through your teeth. ?

    Learned from the Master?

    @the-gipper said:

    Learned from the Master?

    Captain Covfefe? 

    The Hamberderglar? 

    ?

  • https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2818393-2019-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-post-super-bowl-predictions#slide27

    Has us going

    Round 1 Yodny Cajuste OT

    Round 2 Riley Ridley WR

    Round 3 Kendall Sheffield CB

    Round 4 isiah Buggs DL

    Round 5 Chris Lindstrom OG, Marvel Tell III S, Porter Huston EDGE

    Round 6 KeeSean Johnson WR

    Round 7 CeCe Jefferson EDGE, Donald Parham TE

  • For the Browns pick at 17 I would like either of these but they could all go before we pick

    Byron Murphy  CB ...... Shut down corner opposite Ward ...... 2 islands in one team

    Devin White  ILB/OLB   Bawl hawk, high intensity athlete, super fast

    DK Metcalf WR .... NFL ready,  number 1 receiver in first season

    Dremont Jones .. DT ..... Buckeye run stuffer alongside Larry O, ideally would like a vet next to Larry O like Grady Jarrett but Jones has huge potential

    @darren15 said:

    Dremont Jones .. DT ..... Buckeye run stuffer alongside Larry O, ideally would like a vet next to Larry O like Grady Jarrett but Jones has huge potential

     Dremont isn't much of a run stuffer. He's average at it maybe at best. He's much better as others have noted with speed and being a pass-rushing defensive tackle. Plus 17 is way too high for him. If we traded down and we picked him to rotate with Ogunjobi I can't say I would hate it but it still wouldn't be ideal in my mind

  • Jeffrey Simmons DT has torn his ACL