Skip to content

Your First-Pick Drafts... and Fanspeak's On the Clock, too...

The Browns Board
40 13 1.4k
  • I can never tell if I'm supposed to play for the high score or attempt something remotely realistic....? 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @tiamat63 said:

    I can never tell if I'm supposed to play for the high score or attempt something remotely realistic....? 

    Plus there's always On The Clock's sim... no trading, but you can select among a couple prospect rankings in the set up to their draft.

    https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

    Here's my first effort with it using DraftTek's rankings...

    17: R1P17 LB DEVIN WHITE (LSU) - More and more I'm wanting this IMPACT MLB...
    49: R2P17 WR N'KEAL HARRY (ARIZONA STATE) - 6'3 213 and runs in the 4.5's... great wingspan with a resume of spectacular catches...
    80: R3P16 CB JULIAN LOVE (NOTRE DAME) - tad undersized at 5'11, but skilled
    94: R3P30 TE T.J. HOCKENSON (IOWA) - a blocking TE who can catch...
    119: R4P17 EDGE D'ANDRE WALKER (GEORGIA) - situational, pass-rush DE with OLB possibilities...
    145: R5P6 WR HUNTER RENFROW (CLEMSON) - true possession WR... if he can stay healthy...
    156: R5P17 LB TERRILL HANKS (NEW MEXICO STATE) - tall (6'2) rangy OLB...
    170: R5P31 RB MIKE WEBER (OHIO STATE) - nice all-purpose RB...
    191: R6P16 G ROSS PIERSCHBACHER (ALABAMA) - BAMA's pulling Center and another swingman inside for us...
    223: R7P7 CB ISAIAH JOHNSON JR. (HOUSTON) - per drafttek I reached for this tall CB that I am liking more and more...
    245: R7P29 OT TYTUS HOWARD (ALABAMA STATE) - another reach, but a good enough prospect to not want to compete in UDFA market for him especially as I was shut out repeatedly from mmore well known prospects as teams reached more than I was willing to... 6'5, 322 and runs in low 5's...
     
    TEAM DRAFT ASSESSMENT
    DL NONE DRAFTED --- WRKEAL HARRY  --- LBDEVIN WHITE --- S NONE DRAFTED --- CBJULIAN LOVE  --- QB NONE DRAFTED
     

    @texasag1969 said:

    Sometimes you get lucky too, like Devin White @ #19 for Tour. Won't be there even if we keep our current spot @ #17. At this point I'm for moving up because I see him as the next great ILB who has All-Pro written all over him. He's got it all.

    Willing to do same, Ag... He's the impact MLB we need, IMO. But he may well fall to us which is not a knock on him, but more a recognition of the strength of other positions and team needs, e.g., a couple QBs sneaking into the top ten.

  • Thought I would try a non Browns one ..... I even got a moon walker in the 5th round, I bet all his games end in a Thriller ..... You know I'm Bad ....

    RAIDERS

    Your score is: 33394 (GRADE: A+) 

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 4: Bosa, Nick, DE, Ohio State (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 10 (DEN): White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 27: Metcalf, DK, WR, Mississippi (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 3: Jackson, Michael, CB, Miami (FL) (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 6 (DEN): Woods, Zedrick, SS, Mississippi (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 14 (BUF): Anderson, Rodney, RB, Oklahoma (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 28 (LAC): Daniels, Darrion, DT, Oklahoma State (A+)

    Your Future Picks: 
    2020 Round 1 Pick
    2020 Round 1 Pick
    2021 Round 1 Pick

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @darren15 said:

    Thought I would try a non Browns one .....

    Something I do as well usually in the role of our AFCN rivals. One of the interesting aspects of doing this is seeing what the sim does with the Browns picks.

  • Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    The crazy thing, in that one that I posted, I had been reserved to just draft without trades, so I just skipped right to Browns pick. I was SHOCKED, the pick before was Nick Bosa. So had I not skipped I could have gotten him at #16. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #20

    lol... I always go team by team to our first pick... and a few past it.

    Then in fives thru rounds 2 and 3.

    Then "skip to"...

  • lol... I always go team by team to our first pick... and a few past it.

    Then in fives thru rounds 2 and 3.

    Then "skip to"...

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... I always go team by team to our first pick... and a few past it.

    Then in fives thru rounds 2 and 3.

    Then "skip to"...

    I usually do to, but didnt want to waste a lot of time. That could have been a legendary draft lol maybe it's a sign Bosa falls that far lol

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I don't even really care now. They finally drafted THE GUY at QB. Looks like they also did that at RB & CB too. Hue is finally gone, and I trust Dorsey will make some more great decisions and this team will be primed to win a lot of games.

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Your score is: 34158 (GRADE: A+) 

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 11 (CINN): White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)
    Round 3 Pick 19 (PITT): Boyd, Kris, CB, Texas (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 10 (BUF): Beckner Jr, Terry, DT, Missouri (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 17: McGary, Kaleb, OT, Washington (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 20 (PITT): Campbell, Parris, WR, Ohio State (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 29 (BUF): Jelks, Jalen, DE, Oregon (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 6: Moss, Zack, RB, Utah (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 17: Jackson, Tyree, QB, Buffalo (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 31: Dean, Jamel, CB, Auburn (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 8 (BUF): Renfrow, Hunter, WR, Clemson (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 16: Sample, Drew, TE, Washington (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 7: Seibert, Austin, K, Oklahoma (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 20: Gant, Malik, FS/SS, Marshall (A+)

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Went and got Devin I see...

    Weird thing is he's your only pick not to get an "A+".

  • @mjp28 said:

    Why does everyone get an A or A+ on these mock drafts?  😕

    I am sure you could get a D if you tried .....

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @darren15 said:

    I am sure you could get a D if you tried .....

    That's what she said. 

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I done the Raiders as I have them in our draft and I only got a B+ for this ........ Raiders fans would build a statue of me if this was their draft ...... I got 4 first rounders and 3 of the top 10 players in the draft ..... whoever runs the site needs to rethink his grades

    Your score is: 29412 (GRADE: B+) 

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 8 (DET): Williams, Quinnen, DT, Alabama (A)
    Round 1 Pick 24: Sweat, Montez, DE, Mississippi State (A)
    Round 1 Pick 27: Metcalf, DK, WR, Mississippi (A-)
    Round 1 Pick 30 (G.B.): Oruwariye, Amani, CB, Penn State (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 12 (G.B.): Dillard, Andre, OT/OT, Washington State (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 2: Johnson, Jaquan, SS, Miami (FL) (A)
    Round 4 Pick 4: Hill, Justice, RB, Oklahoma State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 3: Bradbury, Garrett, C, North Carolina State (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 23: Brady, Tyre, WR, Marshall (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 4: Tauaefa, Josiah, ILB, Texas-San Antonio (A+)

    Your Future Picks: 
    2020 Round 1 Pick
    2020 Round 1 Pick
    2021 Round 1 Pick

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Just missed out on cracking the top 20 Browns score board 🙁

     

    Your score is: 35569 (GRADE: A+) 

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 17: White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)
    Round 2 Pick 29 (K.C.): Ridley, Riley, WR, Georgia (A)
    Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Dillard, Andre, OT/OT, Washington State (A)
    Round 3 Pick 28 (K.C.): Nelson, Anthony, DE, Iowa (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 5 (T.B.): Brown, Blace, CB, Troy (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 16 (G.B.): Hill, Justice, RB, Oklahoma State (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 17: Alexander, Ed, DT, LSU (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 18 (MINN): Pierschbacher, Ross, OG, Alabama (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 6: Wise, Daniel, DT, Kansas (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 29 (K.C.): Sample, Drew, TE, Washington (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 16: Rypien, Brett, QB, Boise State (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 7: Hansen, Chase, SS, Utah (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 20: Guyton, Jalen, WR, North Texas (A+)

    Your Future Picks: 
    2020 Round 1 Pick
    2021 Round 1 Pick

  • I done the Raiders as I have them in our draft and I only got a B+ for this ........ Raiders fans would build a statue of me if this was their draft ...... I got 4 first rounders and 3 of the top 10 players in the draft ..... whoever runs the site needs to rethink his grades

    Your score is: 29412 (GRADE: B+) 

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 8 (DET): Williams, Quinnen, DT, Alabama (A)
    Round 1 Pick 24: Sweat, Montez, DE, Mississippi State (A)
    Round 1 Pick 27: Metcalf, DK, WR, Mississippi (A-)
    Round 1 Pick 30 (G.B.): Oruwariye, Amani, CB, Penn State (A-)
    Round 2 Pick 12 (G.B.): Dillard, Andre, OT/OT, Washington State (B+)
    Round 3 Pick 2: Johnson, Jaquan, SS, Miami (FL) (A)
    Round 4 Pick 4: Hill, Justice, RB, Oklahoma State (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 3: Bradbury, Garrett, C, North Carolina State (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 23: Brady, Tyre, WR, Marshall (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 4: Tauaefa, Josiah, ILB, Texas-San Antonio (A+)

    Your Future Picks: 
    2020 Round 1 Pick
    2020 Round 1 Pick
    2021 Round 1 Pick

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @darren15 said:

    I done the Raiders as I have them in our draft and I only got a B+ for this ........ Raiders fans would build a statue of me if this was their draft ...... I got 4 first rounders and 3 of the top 10 players in the draft ..... whoever runs the site needs to rethink his grades

    ... but you got a B+ player in the mix and that kills your score.

    Great idea  to practice the teams you rep in our Mock. Be sure to look at who the sim picked for us... it'll make you feel better about the Browns' drafts you do.

  • Just missed out on cracking the top 20 Browns score board 🙁

     

    Your score is: 35569 (GRADE: A+) 

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 17: White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)
    Round 2 Pick 29 (K.C.): Ridley, Riley, WR, Georgia (A)
    Round 2 Pick 31 (K.C.): Dillard, Andre, OT/OT, Washington State (A)
    Round 3 Pick 28 (K.C.): Nelson, Anthony, DE, Iowa (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 5 (T.B.): Brown, Blace, CB, Troy (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 16 (G.B.): Hill, Justice, RB, Oklahoma State (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 17: Alexander, Ed, DT, LSU (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 18 (MINN): Pierschbacher, Ross, OG, Alabama (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 6: Wise, Daniel, DT, Kansas (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 29 (K.C.): Sample, Drew, TE, Washington (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 16: Rypien, Brett, QB, Boise State (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 7: Hansen, Chase, SS, Utah (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 20: Guyton, Jalen, WR, North Texas (A+)

    Your Future Picks: 
    2020 Round 1 Pick
    2021 Round 1 Pick

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @darren15 said:

    Just missed out on cracking the top 20 Browns score board 🙁

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 17: White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)d

    Totally unrealistic. He'll be gone long before that. The program needs to be adjusted for Combine performances. There were several players including him whose draft position went way up.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    Devin White is consistantly in the top 8 if nobody reaches at 2 QB's..top 10 if they do..get the feeling this is why the Steelers wanted AB in Buffalo & their pick..  

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    Would you give up next years 1 and this years 2 for this first round ?

    Your score is: 32657 (GRADE: A+) 

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 10 (DEN): Williams, Quinnen, DT, Alabama (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 14 (ATL): White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)
    Round 4 Pick 7 (JAX): Boyd, Kris, CB, Texas (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 15 (ATL): Johnson, Anthony, WR, Buffalo (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 17: Jackson, Tyree, QB, Buffalo (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 17: Granderson, Carl, DE, Wyoming (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 5 (JAX): Gaskin, Myles, RB, Washington (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 13 (ATL): Froholdt, Hjalte, OG, Arkansas (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 16: Pollard, Tony, WR/RB, Memphis (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 22 (HOU): Johnson, Isaiah, CB, Houston (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 7: Gray, Derwin, OT, Maryland (A+)

  • @darren15 said:

    Just missed out on cracking the top 20 Browns score board 🙁

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 17: White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)d

    Totally unrealistic. He'll be gone long before that. The program needs to be adjusted for Combine performances. There were several players including him whose draft position went way up.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @texasag1969 said:

    Totally unrealistic. He'll be gone long before that. The program needs to be adjusted for Combine performances. There were several players including him whose draft position went way up.

    Define "gone long"...

    They continually adjust "rankings" based upon many factors.

    Personally I think the QB scramble will emerge and push really good players down Day 1. I think White's easily a top ten talent, but think he has a great chance of being pushed out of the top ten.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Totally unrealistic. He'll be gone long before that. The program needs to be adjusted for Combine performances. There were several players including him whose draft position went way up.

    Define "gone long"...

    They continually adjust "rankings" based upon many factors.

    Personally I think the QB scramble will emerge and push really good players down Day 1. I think White's easily a top ten talent, but think he has a great chance of being pushed out of the top ten.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @tour2ma said:

    Define "gone long"...

    They continually adjust "rankings" based upon many factors.

    Personally I think the QB scramble will emerge and push really good players down Day 1. I think White's easily a top ten talent, but think he has a great chance of being pushed out of the top ten.

    I will bet right now he never makes it past Cincy @  #11 unless someone moves ahead of them to take him.

  • Would you give up next years 1 and this years 2 for this first round ?

    Your score is: 32657 (GRADE: A+) 

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 10 (DEN): Williams, Quinnen, DT, Alabama (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 14 (ATL): White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)
    Round 4 Pick 7 (JAX): Boyd, Kris, CB, Texas (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 15 (ATL): Johnson, Anthony, WR, Buffalo (A+)
    Round 4 Pick 17: Jackson, Tyree, QB, Buffalo (A+)
    Round 5 Pick 17: Granderson, Carl, DE, Wyoming (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 5 (JAX): Gaskin, Myles, RB, Washington (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 13 (ATL): Froholdt, Hjalte, OG, Arkansas (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 16: Pollard, Tony, WR/RB, Memphis (A+)
    Round 6 Pick 22 (HOU): Johnson, Isaiah, CB, Houston (A+)
    Round 7 Pick 7: Gray, Derwin, OT, Maryland (A+)

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @darren15 said:

    Would you give up next years 1 and this years 2 for this first round ?

    Your Picks:
    Round 1 Pick 10 (DEN): Williams, Quinnen, DT, Alabama (A+)
    Round 1 Pick 14 (ATL): White, Devin, ILB/OLB, LSU (A)

    In a word... no.

    DT is very, very deep. IMO Oliver and Simmons are both in the Williams mold... and Wilkens is only a step slower. So I don't have to spend as much to move into the bottom half of the 1st for them.

    There are even some very good Day 2 DT prospects.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Define "gone long"...

    They continually adjust "rankings" based upon many factors.

    Personally I think the QB scramble will emerge and push really good players down Day 1. I think White's easily a top ten talent, but think he has a great chance of being pushed out of the top ten.

    I will bet right now he never makes it past Cincy @  #11 unless someone moves ahead of them to take him.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @texasag1969 said:

    I will bet right now he never makes it past Cincy @  #11 unless someone moves ahead of them to take him.

    And I'll bet your bet would involve "rum".

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Did some practice runs for my Board Mock teams, DAL and HOU, using OTC's sim. Always interesting to see who the sim tabs for us and OTC makes it easy to check.

    Here's the 1st result... Note: that Devin White went in top 5.

    466670786_OTCSimPicks-CLE-01.png.251b59e9585087518747dff86247d782.png

    And here's the 2nd result. Note: White fell to us, but we passed on him and the next team up ran to the table where picks are turned in...

    664569597_OTCSimPicks-CLE-02.png.7c0384f3cf6294c9eb75d5300e3cd98e.png