Skip to content

Of Course You Do Idiot!: Terrell Pryor...

The Browns Board
37 18 944 1
  • 6'4 receiver worth a look in camp and pre-season.   If he's one of our 5 best... ya never know. 

  • 6'4 receiver worth a look in camp and pre-season.   If he's one of our 5 best... ya never know. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    6'4 receiver worth a look in camp and pre-season.   If he's one of our 5 best... ya never know. 

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

  • It was a bizarre scenario, and one that left Browns fans completely confused and especially angry, considering the whole Kenny Britt disaster. And the funny thing was, everyone KNEW it was bad advice from his agent. We knew Pryor wanted to stay here, he'd said as much, multiple times. What I cannot understand is how everyone can know it's bad advice except for the player. Still, I'd love to bring him in for competition.

    Pryor is a completely different player than anyone on our roster, and I believe comparisons to Derrick Willies are a bit premature at this point. Pryor isn't exactly an experienced WR per say, but a 1000 yard season is nothing to scoff at, and the guy made some plays for us. Additionally, he was terrific catching the ball and running with it, and Mayfield is extremely accurate and shines delivering the ball to people in stride. It's something to consider, and it's also important to remember that Pryor excels at high-pointing the ball, something we don't have other than Njoku. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    6'4 receiver worth a look in camp and pre-season.   If he's one of our 5 best... ya never know. 

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    Not that I want Pryor, but Willies has all of 3 career receptions. 

    Then again, Pryor has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth since playing for the Browns. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    6'4 receiver worth a look in camp and pre-season.   If he's one of our 5 best... ya never know. 

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    I guess I imagined that 1000 yard receiving season then.  

    Odd.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    6'4 receiver worth a look in camp and pre-season.   If he's one of our 5 best... ya never know. 

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    There's nothing bad in some competition for camp. Willies is not a proven asset either way...

  • Zombo said:

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    I guess I imagined that 1000 yard receiving season then.  

    Odd.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    I guess I imagined that 1000 yard receiving season then.  

    Odd.  

    Oh it happened.

    Now you want him to compete for a #5 spot.

    Who do you think Dorsey would rather have as a 5th receiver a youngster with potential or a vet that just failed with two teams?

    Gary Barnridge had a 1,000 yard season, should we bring him back?

    Z

  • Him and his agent thought he should be paid as one of the very best receivers in the game.  Nobody else agreed.  He screwed up.  Which lead to us screwing up and signing Britt.  Thanks a lot Pryor.  -  He was always a 15 yard unsportsman-like penalty waiting to happen anyway.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I guess I imagined that 1000 yard receiving season then.  

    Odd.  

    Oh it happened.

    Now you want him to compete for a #5 spot.

    Who do you think Dorsey would rather have as a 5th receiver a youngster with potential or a vet that just failed with two teams?

    Gary Barnridge had a 1,000 yard season, should we bring him back?

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Oh it happened.

    Now you want him to compete for a #5 spot.

    Who do you think Dorsey would rather have as a 5th receiver a youngster with potential or a vet that just failed with two teams?

    Gary Barnridge had a 1,000 yard season, should we bring him back?

    Z

    What's the issue with Pryor contending against a youngster?    I'm still not seeing the issue here.   You implied Pryor can't catch, I clearly proved you wrong and now you go full hyperbole. 

    I would have little issue with Terrelle coming back and working to earn a spot. 

  • Zombo said:

    Oh it happened.

    Now you want him to compete for a #5 spot.

    Who do you think Dorsey would rather have as a 5th receiver a youngster with potential or a vet that just failed with two teams?

    Gary Barnridge had a 1,000 yard season, should we bring him back?

    Z

    What's the issue with Pryor contending against a youngster?    I'm still not seeing the issue here.   You implied Pryor can't catch, I clearly proved you wrong and now you go full hyperbole. 

    I would have little issue with Terrelle coming back and working to earn a spot. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    What's the issue with Pryor contending against a youngster?    I'm still not seeing the issue here.   You implied Pryor can't catch, I clearly proved you wrong and now you go full hyperbole. 

    I would have little issue with Terrelle coming back and working to earn a spot. 

    Didn't say he couldnt catch, saying we've got more reliable options that are younger and in the system.

    If I'm John Dorsey I'm gonna keep drafting young prospects and developing them for those bottom of the roster spots.

    Pryor just failed with 3 teams. He had a big year with us when he was the only option. Career wise hes only 55% or lower catch rate and only 7 TDs in four seasons as a receiver. Not a model teammate. He has been given plenty of opportunities, no room for him on our roster anymore we are moving up and moving ahead with guys Dorsey is bringing aboard.

    Z

  • @tiamat63 said:

    What's the issue with Pryor contending against a youngster?    I'm still not seeing the issue here.   You implied Pryor can't catch, I clearly proved you wrong and now you go full hyperbole. 

    I would have little issue with Terrelle coming back and working to earn a spot. 

    Didn't say he couldnt catch, saying we've got more reliable options that are younger and in the system.

    If I'm John Dorsey I'm gonna keep drafting young prospects and developing them for those bottom of the roster spots.

    Pryor just failed with 3 teams. He had a big year with us when he was the only option. Career wise hes only 55% or lower catch rate and only 7 TDs in four seasons as a receiver. Not a model teammate. He has been given plenty of opportunities, no room for him on our roster anymore we are moving up and moving ahead with guys Dorsey is bringing aboard.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Didn't say he couldnt catch, saying we've got more reliable options that are younger and in the system.

    And you cited an option that you have no real ability to say is somehow more "reliable". 

    I get where you're going, but the example wasn't good.  

  • Zombo said:

    Didn't say he couldnt catch, saying we've got more reliable options that are younger and in the system.

    And you cited an option that you have no real ability to say is somehow more "reliable". 

    I get where you're going, but the example wasn't good.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    And you cited an option that you have no real ability to say is somehow more "reliable". 

    I get where you're going, but the example wasn't good.  

    If you want me to go through all six guys and why I think they are better options for a roster spot I can.

    I used Willies as an example because he has the height, he was catching everything in camp last year and he's young with potential to progress up, where as Pryor's career is trending down. And he's 6th ... I've got 5 more guys I like for that roster spot better too ... and that is predraft, pre free agency.

    Z

  • pryor's arrogance does NOT FIT the TEAM that the Browns have built.

    Not interested. There will be several ex-Browns who will be wishing they'd stayed with the Browns -

    who are probably/certainly going to the playoffs next year...after winning the division.

  • Phuck Pryor. 

  • Zombo said:

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    Not that I want Pryor, but Willies has all of 3 career receptions. 

    Then again, Pryor has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth since playing for the Browns. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Not that I want Pryor, but Willies has all of 3 career receptions. 

    Then again, Pryor has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth since playing for the Browns. 

    along with ah shit i forgot his name the dude that played for us that was on the cover of madden

  • He decided to bet on his potential when he should’ve played it safe and taken the 32 mil deal. If he stayed he’d have guaranteed money and a franchise QB. Who knows though..Dorsey probably would’ve traded him for a 4th anyways 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I guess I imagined that 1000 yard receiving season then.  

    Odd.  

    Oh it happened.

    Now you want him to compete for a #5 spot.

    Who do you think Dorsey would rather have as a 5th receiver a youngster with potential or a vet that just failed with two teams?

    Gary Barnridge had a 1,000 yard season, should we bring him back?

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Oh it happened.

    Now you want him to compete for a #5 spot.

    Who do you think Dorsey would rather have as a 5th receiver a youngster with potential or a vet that just failed with two teams?

    Gary Barnridge had a 1,000 yard season, should we bring him back?

    Z

    Well he signed Rod Streeter who proceeded to play a total of about 2 plays before he was out for the season, then he did the right thing by bringing in the young guy.... so....

  • id bring him in let him compete. As long as he understands he's part of a receiving corp. He's not the #1 option just cause he walked into camp. If the staff feels he still has that ego about him, which I doubt cause he hasn't really done well anywhere else...than cut him. Give him a chance tho. He could be extremely valuable and come at a very very good price. Of course if there's a "stud" WR available at 17 when we pick, than yeah..pass cause that WR room will be too full. But if not, I'd rather bring him in than Odell Beckham if that was even on the table. The reason is I don't think Odell would do well in Cleveland when things got rough again. Odell is just not a clevleand guy. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Not that I want Pryor, but Willies has all of 3 career receptions. 

    Then again, Pryor has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth since playing for the Browns. 

    along with ah shit i forgot his name the dude that played for us that was on the cover of madden

    @atom said:

    along with ah shit i forgot his name the dude that played for us that was on the cover of madden

    Hillis