Skip to content

Of Course You Do Idiot!: Terrell Pryor...

The Browns Board
37 18 944 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Not that I want Pryor, but Willies has all of 3 career receptions. 

    Then again, Pryor has pretty much fallen off the face of the earth since playing for the Browns. 

    along with ah shit i forgot his name the dude that played for us that was on the cover of madden

    @atom said:

    along with ah shit i forgot his name the dude that played for us that was on the cover of madden

    Hillis

  • Not that I want him.. I would only entertain him being here if hes on an incremental proven it deal with potential escalaters.. Other wise I'm fine with the guys we have....

  • Not that I want him.. I would only entertain him being here if hes on an incremental proven it deal with potential escalaters.. Other wise I'm fine with the guys we have....

    @nickers said:

    Not that I want him.. I would only entertain him being here if hes on an incremental proven it deal with potential escalaters.. Other wise I'm fine with the guys we have....

    I feel the same.

  • To late to look back now.  TP was offered a good contract and walked away.

    It is what it is.

  • Dislike. Those bottom of the roster WR's have to play ST, which Pryor's ego wouldn't let him do.

    Corey Coleman also is on the street... and for the same reason I don't want to see him in Berea either.

  • pryor's arrogance does NOT FIT the TEAM that the Browns have built.

    Not interested. There will be several ex-Browns who will be wishing they'd stayed with the Browns -

    who are probably/certainly going to the playoffs next year...after winning the division.

    @calfoxwc said:

    pryor's arrogance does NOT FIT the TEAM that the Browns have built.

    Not interested. There will be several ex-Browns who will be wishing they'd stayed with the Browns -

    who are probably/certainly going to the playoffs next year...after winning the division.

    LOL, not those two guys who just won rings with the Patriots. 🙂

  • To late to look back now.  TP was offered a good contract and walked away.

    It is what it is.

    @ballpeen said:

    To late to look back now.  TP was offered a good contract and walked away.

    It is what it is.

    And he turns 30 this year. Agreed 'Peen, that ship has sailed.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    And you cited an option that you have no real ability to say is somehow more "reliable". 

    I get where you're going, but the example wasn't good.  

    If you want me to go through all six guys and why I think they are better options for a roster spot I can.

    I used Willies as an example because he has the height, he was catching everything in camp last year and he's young with potential to progress up, where as Pryor's career is trending down. And he's 6th ... I've got 5 more guys I like for that roster spot better too ... and that is predraft, pre free agency.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    If you want me to go through all six guys and why I think they are better options for a roster spot I can.

    I used Willies as an example because he has the height, he was catching everything in camp last year and he's young with potential to progress up, where as Pryor's career is trending down. And he's 6th ... I've got 5 more guys I like for that roster spot better too ... and that is predraft, pre free agency.

    Z

    See,  that's better than just " He can't catch".     Correct? 

  • Zombo said:

    If you want me to go through all six guys and why I think they are better options for a roster spot I can.

    I used Willies as an example because he has the height, he was catching everything in camp last year and he's young with potential to progress up, where as Pryor's career is trending down. And he's 6th ... I've got 5 more guys I like for that roster spot better too ... and that is predraft, pre free agency.

    Z

    See,  that's better than just " He can't catch".     Correct? 

    @tiamat63 said:

    See,  that's better than just " He can't catch".     Correct? 

    No , Fucknuts, you should have been able to figure out my feelings on this from my original post.

    None of this should have had to been explained to you.

    I like what our 6th wr brings to the table better than your retread. 

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    I'm implying that Pryor is not a reliable receiving option. The Redskins, Jets and Bills agree.

    I'm also saying I really liked what I saw out of Willies in camp and limited action last year. He was catching everything thrown to him.

    So, I completely 100% stand by my original post, I'm sorry if it makes your butt hurt.

    Z

  • @tiamat63 said:

    See,  that's better than just " He can't catch".     Correct? 

    No , Fucknuts, you should have been able to figure out my feelings on this from my original post.

    None of this should have had to been explained to you.

    I like what our 6th wr brings to the table better than your retread. 

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    I'm implying that Pryor is not a reliable receiving option. The Redskins, Jets and Bills agree.

    I'm also saying I really liked what I saw out of Willies in camp and limited action last year. He was catching everything thrown to him.

    So, I completely 100% stand by my original post, I'm sorry if it makes your butt hurt.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    No , Fucknuts, you should have been able to figure out my feelings on this from my original post.

    None of this should have had to been explained to you.

    I like what our 6th wr brings to the table better than your retread. 

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    I'm implying that Pryor is not a reliable receiving option. The Redskins, Jets and Bills agree.

    I'm also saying I really liked what I saw out of Willies in camp and limited action last year. He was catching everything thrown to him.

    So, I completely 100% stand by my original post, I'm sorry if it makes your butt hurt.

    Z

    Intelligent rebuttal. 

    Edit: anyone over the age of 15 using the phrase butt hurt always struck me as....    just creepy.    But that's your business. 

    To recap.    Pryor can catch and has demonstrated so.   You however believe the combination of attitude,  age,  bad blood and some potential in the pups is worth a more meaningful look without Pryor's presence.

    There,  that wasn't so hard.  

  • Zombo said:

    No , Fucknuts, you should have been able to figure out my feelings on this from my original post.

    None of this should have had to been explained to you.

    I like what our 6th wr brings to the table better than your retread. 

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    I'm implying that Pryor is not a reliable receiving option. The Redskins, Jets and Bills agree.

    I'm also saying I really liked what I saw out of Willies in camp and limited action last year. He was catching everything thrown to him.

    So, I completely 100% stand by my original post, I'm sorry if it makes your butt hurt.

    Z

    Intelligent rebuttal. 

    Edit: anyone over the age of 15 using the phrase butt hurt always struck me as....    just creepy.    But that's your business. 

    To recap.    Pryor can catch and has demonstrated so.   You however believe the combination of attitude,  age,  bad blood and some potential in the pups is worth a more meaningful look without Pryor's presence.

    There,  that wasn't so hard.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Intelligent rebuttal. 

    Edit: anyone over the age of 15 using the phrase butt hurt always struck me as....    just creepy.    But that's your business. 

    To recap.    Pryor can catch and has demonstrated so.   You however believe the combination of attitude,  age,  bad blood and some potential in the pups is worth a more meaningful look without Pryor's presence.

    There,  that wasn't so hard.  

    Been there, done that.  Move along now.

    We don't know if there may be some stud WR that the Browns may want to pick up in FA or in the draft.

    I suspect they will look at several options.....but signing Pryor is about the remotest of those options.

  • Zombo said:

    No , Fucknuts, you should have been able to figure out my feelings on this from my original post.

    None of this should have had to been explained to you.

    I like what our 6th wr brings to the table better than your retread. 

    Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo

    I'm implying that Pryor is not a reliable receiving option. The Redskins, Jets and Bills agree.

    I'm also saying I really liked what I saw out of Willies in camp and limited action last year. He was catching everything thrown to him.

    So, I completely 100% stand by my original post, I'm sorry if it makes your butt hurt.

    Z

    Intelligent rebuttal. 

    Edit: anyone over the age of 15 using the phrase butt hurt always struck me as....    just creepy.    But that's your business. 

    To recap.    Pryor can catch and has demonstrated so.   You however believe the combination of attitude,  age,  bad blood and some potential in the pups is worth a more meaningful look without Pryor's presence.

    There,  that wasn't so hard.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Intelligent rebuttal. 

    Edit: anyone over the age of 15 using the phrase butt hurt always struck me as....    just creepy.    But that's your business. 

    To recap.    Pryor can catch and has demonstrated so.   You however believe the combination of attitude,  age,  bad blood and some potential in the pups is worth a more meaningful look without Pryor's presence.

    There,  that wasn't so hard.  

    Why is this so difficult for you?

    I'm going to do you a favor and break down my statement again.

    Maybe if you try to sound out the words in your head it will help.

    "Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo"

    OK, let's break this down:

    Pass. ... Here I am simply stating that we don't need him on the roster. This means that I feel we already have better options on our roster or can find better fits through the draft or free agency.

    Our current 6th receiver ... Here I am recognizing your point about him competing for a 5th receiver spot by going one lower, this is again done to show that there is no need for him on the roster.

    Derek Willies is 6'3 ... Here I am recognizing your point about Pryor's height by comparing him to a tall guy that we already have

    and actually catches balls throw his way ... Ok, this might be where I'm losing you. Here I am saying that, from what I have seen, this similarly tall guy that we are developing has looked, to me, like he is reliable at catching the football. I am basing this on watching last year's preseason games, I saw them all, and the limited action I saw from Willies on the field. Also from Hard Knocks where I saw all of the episodes, and he was a favorite target of Mayfield. And I am also weighing in the fact that our coaching staff thought enough of him to keep him on the final 47 and actually played him ahead our own draft pick, Ratley, when we needed to press another rookie into action when we had a couple guys go down. At the same time this is also a slight, or you may say "diss", toward Terrele Pryor because I feel he is not reliable at catching  footballs. This based at watching him when he played for the Browns and by looking at his career catch% of 53% which is lower than any one on our roster last year. I also noticed that Washington, the Jets, and Buffalo all let him walked and/or benched him when he got opportunities the past two season.

    OK, let's put it all together now:

    "Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way."

    Translation:

    I don't want him. Our 6th receiver provides height without being bad at catching passes.

    I hope this works for you, that is about the best I can do. If adding a 
    IMO" or "IMHO" helps, then maybe that is what is missing for you.

    Zombo

  • @calfoxwc said:

    pryor's arrogance does NOT FIT the TEAM that the Browns have built.

    Not interested. There will be several ex-Browns who will be wishing they'd stayed with the Browns -

    who are probably/certainly going to the playoffs next year...after winning the division.

    LOL, not those two guys who just won rings with the Patriots. 🙂

    @hoorta said:

    LOL, not those two guys who just won rings with the Patriots. 🙂

    LOL - but I was referring to other guys. It is great that Danny Shelton made one great play when he was in, and will get a superbowl ring, though.. Speakin of that...the Patriots booted corey coleman off their practice squad sometime in sept 2018...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Intelligent rebuttal. 

    Edit: anyone over the age of 15 using the phrase butt hurt always struck me as....    just creepy.    But that's your business. 

    To recap.    Pryor can catch and has demonstrated so.   You however believe the combination of attitude,  age,  bad blood and some potential in the pups is worth a more meaningful look without Pryor's presence.

    There,  that wasn't so hard.  

    Why is this so difficult for you?

    I'm going to do you a favor and break down my statement again.

    Maybe if you try to sound out the words in your head it will help.

    "Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo"

    OK, let's break this down:

    Pass. ... Here I am simply stating that we don't need him on the roster. This means that I feel we already have better options on our roster or can find better fits through the draft or free agency.

    Our current 6th receiver ... Here I am recognizing your point about him competing for a 5th receiver spot by going one lower, this is again done to show that there is no need for him on the roster.

    Derek Willies is 6'3 ... Here I am recognizing your point about Pryor's height by comparing him to a tall guy that we already have

    and actually catches balls throw his way ... Ok, this might be where I'm losing you. Here I am saying that, from what I have seen, this similarly tall guy that we are developing has looked, to me, like he is reliable at catching the football. I am basing this on watching last year's preseason games, I saw them all, and the limited action I saw from Willies on the field. Also from Hard Knocks where I saw all of the episodes, and he was a favorite target of Mayfield. And I am also weighing in the fact that our coaching staff thought enough of him to keep him on the final 47 and actually played him ahead our own draft pick, Ratley, when we needed to press another rookie into action when we had a couple guys go down. At the same time this is also a slight, or you may say "diss", toward Terrele Pryor because I feel he is not reliable at catching  footballs. This based at watching him when he played for the Browns and by looking at his career catch% of 53% which is lower than any one on our roster last year. I also noticed that Washington, the Jets, and Buffalo all let him walked and/or benched him when he got opportunities the past two season.

    OK, let's put it all together now:

    "Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way."

    Translation:

    I don't want him. Our 6th receiver provides height without being bad at catching passes.

    I hope this works for you, that is about the best I can do. If adding a 
    IMO" or "IMHO" helps, then maybe that is what is missing for you.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    Why is this so difficult for you?

    I'm going to do you a favor and break down my statement again.

    Maybe if you try to sound out the words in your head it will help.

    "Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way.

    Zombo"

    OK, let's break this down:

    Pass. ... Here I am simply stating that we don't need him on the roster. This means that I feel we already have better options on our roster or can find better fits through the draft or free agency.

    Our current 6th receiver ... Here I am recognizing your point about him competing for a 5th receiver spot by going one lower, this is again done to show that there is no need for him on the roster.

    Derek Willies is 6'3 ... Here I am recognizing your point about Pryor's height by comparing him to a tall guy that we already have

    and actually catches balls throw his way ... Ok, this might be where I'm losing you. Here I am saying that, from what I have seen, this similarly tall guy that we are developing has looked, to me, like he is reliable at catching the football. I am basing this on watching last year's preseason games, I saw them all, and the limited action I saw from Willies on the field. Also from Hard Knocks where I saw all of the episodes, and he was a favorite target of Mayfield. And I am also weighing in the fact that our coaching staff thought enough of him to keep him on the final 47 and actually played him ahead our own draft pick, Ratley, when we needed to press another rookie into action when we had a couple guys go down. At the same time this is also a slight, or you may say "diss", toward Terrele Pryor because I feel he is not reliable at catching  footballs. This based at watching him when he played for the Browns and by looking at his career catch% of 53% which is lower than any one on our roster last year. I also noticed that Washington, the Jets, and Buffalo all let him walked and/or benched him when he got opportunities the past two season.

    OK, let's put it all together now:

    "Pass. Our current 6th receiver, Derek Willies is 6'3 and actually catches balls thrown his way."

    Translation:

    I don't want him. Our 6th receiver provides height without being bad at catching passes.

    I hope this works for you, that is about the best I can do. If adding a 
    IMO" or "IMHO" helps, then maybe that is what is missing for you.

    Zombo

    tenor.gif?itemid=9210872

  • @tiamat63 said:

    What's the issue with Pryor contending against a youngster?    I'm still not seeing the issue here.   You implied Pryor can't catch, I clearly proved you wrong and now you go full hyperbole. 

    I would have little issue with Terrelle coming back and working to earn a spot. 

    Didn't say he couldnt catch, saying we've got more reliable options that are younger and in the system.

    If I'm John Dorsey I'm gonna keep drafting young prospects and developing them for those bottom of the roster spots.

    Pryor just failed with 3 teams. He had a big year with us when he was the only option. Career wise hes only 55% or lower catch rate and only 7 TDs in four seasons as a receiver. Not a model teammate. He has been given plenty of opportunities, no room for him on our roster anymore we are moving up and moving ahead with guys Dorsey is bringing aboard.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Didn't say he couldnt catch, saying we've got more reliable options that are younger and in the system.

    If I'm John Dorsey I'm gonna keep drafting young prospects and developing them for those bottom of the roster spots.

    Pryor just failed with 3 teams. He had a big year with us when he was the only option. Career wise hes only 55% or lower catch rate and only 7 TDs in four seasons as a receiver. Not a model teammate. He has been given plenty of opportunities, no room for him on our roster anymore we are moving up and moving ahead with guys Dorsey is bringing aboard.

    Z

    Pryor is locker room CANCER. 110%. He was also a dude who groped and grabbed females at Ohio State when my best friend was going there and he'd have parties at his frat. You don't get kicked out of multiple parties if you're a football campus hero unless you're a complete asshole.

  • Zombo said:

    Didn't say he couldnt catch, saying we've got more reliable options that are younger and in the system.

    If I'm John Dorsey I'm gonna keep drafting young prospects and developing them for those bottom of the roster spots.

    Pryor just failed with 3 teams. He had a big year with us when he was the only option. Career wise hes only 55% or lower catch rate and only 7 TDs in four seasons as a receiver. Not a model teammate. He has been given plenty of opportunities, no room for him on our roster anymore we are moving up and moving ahead with guys Dorsey is bringing aboard.

    Z

    Pryor is locker room CANCER. 110%. He was also a dude who groped and grabbed females at Ohio State when my best friend was going there and he'd have parties at his frat. You don't get kicked out of multiple parties if you're a football campus hero unless you're a complete asshole.

    @stillmotion said:

    Pryor is locker room CANCER. 110%. He was also a dude who groped and grabbed females at Ohio State when my best friend was going there and he'd have parties at his frat. You don't get kicked out of multiple parties if you're a football campus hero unless you're a complete asshole.

    Concurs!

  • First im hearing of pryor ever being lockeroom cancer. Also first im hearing he doesnt catch balls. But willies might be the go to burner i dunno. What i do know is pryor is still "fast". Thats the one thing we're missing,  downfield seperation. Maybe perriman can be that guy too...but pryor can still completely dislodge himself from downfield coverage even with the elite db's in this league. He's not going to outcut them, but he will dragstrip most of them. 

  • Dorsey isn't going to sign the guy, so there is that.