***Official Super Bowl LIII Game Thread***
-
No man... just no.
We all like Baker, but let's not elevate him too high just yet.
Two weeks to prepare and Belichick is going to be making rookie Baker look just as bad or worse.
im not going to say the Rams would have won the game with Baker, that's impossible to say......BUT, I will say that Goff looks awful once his 1st and 2nd reads aren't there. We saw the tape of Baker all season long with less talent to work with than the Rams. Baker go's through his reads far, far ,far better than Goff. They took the run game away from Goff so he became helpless without his play action reads. We've seen Baker be equally as effective under center doing PA and dropping back into shotgun. IMO, Baker would have just gone into shotgun and nickel and dimed Belichicks defense till he was forced to defend that, then Baker takes his shot deep. Goff's deep shots were horrible, even when he had time to step into them. There was one pass he overthrew his WR by prob close to 10 yds. And then when he got flushed, he got flustered hard. Baker looks "way" better running sideways. He would have made more plays in that game with his feet.
As I said, I can't predict an outright win....but I can say with Baker as their QB, they wouldn't have punted 30 straight times that game. No way.
im not going to say the Rams would have won the game with Baker, that's impossible to say......BUT, I will say that Goff looks awful once his 1st and 2nd reads aren't there. We saw the tape of Baker all season long with less talent to work with than the Rams. Baker go's through his reads far, far ,far better than Goff. They took the run game away from Goff so he became helpless without his play action reads. We've seen Baker be equally as effective under center doing PA and dropping back into shotgun. IMO, Baker would have just gone into shotgun and nickel and dimed Belichicks defense till he was forced to defend that, then Baker takes his shot deep. Goff's deep shots were horrible, even when he had time to step into them. There was one pass he overthrew his WR by prob close to 10 yds. And then when he got flushed, he got flustered hard. Baker looks "way" better running sideways. He would have made more plays in that game with his feet.
As I said, I can't predict an outright win....but I can say with Baker as their QB, they wouldn't have punted 30 straight times that game. No way.
Another thing about Goff that I didn't like- how many times when he got pressured- and was rolling out- I was screaming "THROW IT AWAY!" Nope, took a very unnecessary sack instead.
-
Last night just goes to show that Bill B. is the best coach in NFL history. I know people like Gipper might have a stroke to that statement (love ya buddy) but seriously, that game was was a master stroke. Make no mistake about it, the reason they won was on his shoulders. He turned the whole "NFL is changing to young offense" idea and flipped it upside down and peed on the ashes. Honestly, I "hate" the Pats as much as anyone else but I was in awe of how out coached the Rams were. Checkers v. Chess match without a doubt.
Last night just goes to show that Bill B. is the best coach in NFL history. I know people like Gipper might have a stroke to that statement (love ya buddy) but seriously, that game was was a master stroke. Make no mistake about it, the reason they won was on his shoulders. He turned the whole "NFL is changing to young offense" idea and flipped it upside down and peed on the ashes. Honestly, I "hate" the Pats as much as anyone else but I was in awe of how out coached the Rams were. Checkers v. Chess match without a doubt.
I don't have a stroke....its just that it is ludicrous...because of the following perfectly logical argument: BB is winning titles with the GOAT at QB.
Find me someone that can win without that advantage.
And....OK...I will help you out:
Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs wins championships with the likes of Joe Theismann, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien. (not a HOF in the bunch)
Don Shula. Wins titles with John Unitas and Bob Griese....and came close enough with Dan Marino. (OK, 3 HOF)
George Halas....Wins titles with guys name Charles Brumbaugh, Bill Wade, and Sid Luckman (Luckman HOF)
You can take Paul Brown also.....similar to BB in that he only won a title with just one arguably GOAT of a QB.
And you can take Lombardi.....won 5 titles in 7 years.....then his life was cut short by cancer. So, hard to tell what else he may have had in him.
So....BB can be put in a discussion with at least these 5 other guys. (some might also include the likes of Lambeau, Ewbank, Walsh, Landry)
So....he is in the mix of a conversation that may include like 10 guys including him..
But, I am NOT putting him head and shoulders above any of those. Not one bit.
All this game showed me is that he can outmatch a 33 year old kid HC....and make a kid QB play like a deer in the headlight. Which is fine....which an outstanding coach should do. And he has outmatched the likes of like Andy Reid, Dan Quinn, Mike Martz, and John Fox. Those guys had some decent QBs.....none had a Tom Brady. I mean, Brady vs. Delhomme? How much coaching did that take...really (and he only won that by 3 pts).
But twice Tom Coughlin had his number...and so did Doug Pederson...in title games.
Like I said....let me know when BB can do what Joe Gibbs did...and maybe we will have a conversation about who the best coach ever is.
-
Last night just goes to show that Bill B. is the best coach in NFL history. I know people like Gipper might have a stroke to that statement (love ya buddy) but seriously, that game was was a master stroke. Make no mistake about it, the reason they won was on his shoulders. He turned the whole "NFL is changing to young offense" idea and flipped it upside down and peed on the ashes. Honestly, I "hate" the Pats as much as anyone else but I was in awe of how out coached the Rams were. Checkers v. Chess match without a doubt.
I don't have a stroke....its just that it is ludicrous...because of the following perfectly logical argument: BB is winning titles with the GOAT at QB.
Find me someone that can win without that advantage.
And....OK...I will help you out:
Joe Gibbs. Joe Gibbs wins championships with the likes of Joe Theismann, Doug Williams, Mark Rypien. (not a HOF in the bunch)
Don Shula. Wins titles with John Unitas and Bob Griese....and came close enough with Dan Marino. (OK, 3 HOF)
George Halas....Wins titles with guys name Charles Brumbaugh, Bill Wade, and Sid Luckman (Luckman HOF)
You can take Paul Brown also.....similar to BB in that he only won a title with just one arguably GOAT of a QB.
And you can take Lombardi.....won 5 titles in 7 years.....then his life was cut short by cancer. So, hard to tell what else he may have had in him.
So....BB can be put in a discussion with at least these 5 other guys. (some might also include the likes of Lambeau, Ewbank, Walsh, Landry)
So....he is in the mix of a conversation that may include like 10 guys including him..
But, I am NOT putting him head and shoulders above any of those. Not one bit.
All this game showed me is that he can outmatch a 33 year old kid HC....and make a kid QB play like a deer in the headlight. Which is fine....which an outstanding coach should do. And he has outmatched the likes of like Andy Reid, Dan Quinn, Mike Martz, and John Fox. Those guys had some decent QBs.....none had a Tom Brady. I mean, Brady vs. Delhomme? How much coaching did that take...really (and he only won that by 3 pts).
But twice Tom Coughlin had his number...and so did Doug Pederson...in title games.
Like I said....let me know when BB can do what Joe Gibbs did...and maybe we will have a conversation about who the best coach ever is.
I don't have a stroke....its just that it is ludicrous...because of the following perfectly logical argument: BB is winning titles with the GOAT at QB.
I mean yes, every legendary coach had some legendary players there's no arguing that. However, Bill's career has been made with picking up the scraps of other teams and low draft picks and making elite defense and great skill players. There's a reason all the great WR's for the Patriots by in large are no-name guys who become elite. There's a reason the defense is rated in the top half of the league despite most of the guys out there being later round talent or the rejects from other teams (Danny Shelton anyone). No one can claim they built a dynasty the way Bill has in managing a roster.
There's a reason a guy like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc all only have 1-2 rings and Brady now has six. I wouldn't necessarily put Tom's skil set above any of those guys (at most, a 1A, 1B conversation). The difference is Bill Belichek.
-
NE dinked and dunked this game because the Rams D didn't allow anything else..
and Aaron Donald are both future HoF players, Suh is HoF-adjacent, Peters was a Pro Bowler in KC, Robey-Coleman was PFF's #6 CB, and John Johnson was PFF's #6 safety. -
I don't have a stroke....its just that it is ludicrous...because of the following perfectly logical argument: BB is winning titles with the GOAT at QB.
I mean yes, every legendary coach had some legendary players there's no arguing that. However, Bill's career has been made with picking up the scraps of other teams and low draft picks and making elite defense and great skill players. There's a reason all the great WR's for the Patriots by in large are no-name guys who become elite. There's a reason the defense is rated in the top half of the league despite most of the guys out there being later round talent or the rejects from other teams (Danny Shelton anyone). No one can claim they built a dynasty the way Bill has in managing a roster.
There's a reason a guy like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc all only have 1-2 rings and Brady now has six. I wouldn't necessarily put Tom's skil set above any of those guys (at most, a 1A, 1B conversation). The difference is Bill Belichek.
I mean yes, every legendary coach had some legendary players there's no arguing that. However, Bill's career has been made with picking up the scraps of other teams and low draft picks and making elite defense and great skill players. There's a reason all the great WR's for the Patriots by in large are no-name guys who become elite. There's a reason the defense is rated in the top half of the league despite most of the guys out there being later round talent or the rejects from other teams (Danny Shelton anyone). No one can claim they built a dynasty the way Bill has in managing a roster.
There's a reason a guy like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc all only have 1-2 rings and Brady now has six. I wouldn't necessarily put Tom's skil set above any of those guys (at most, a 1A, 1B conversation). The difference is Bill Belichek.
No...the reason that BB has 6 is Tom Brady....not the other way around. His coaching would have given us some good teams....some good defenses. some regular playoff contenders.
It is only with Tom Brady that he has 6 titles. The other guys you mention did ALL of the things you credit BB for. Picking up scraps and low draft picks, etc. etc.
And these other guys managed a roster just as well. Don Shula and Tom Landry, George Halas etc. were on top of that game for 30+ years.
Can you imagine what Joe Gibbs would have done with a real honest to god great QB? With Joe Gibbs....the scraps sometimes included the QB...and he won with that. He won but not have "legendary players...except maybe Darrell Green".
BBs career coaching record without TB is pretty well under .500. And its not like he was at it a short time. For the 5-6 years he has not had Brady...he made the playoffs one time.
BB has had perhaps the GOAT at 2 positions: QB and TE.
-
For me, it makes no sense discussing who is more important in the Belichick-Brady duo. I think they have achieved a lot of success simply because they fit perfectly and both are the best in their areas.
Brady might not seem as spectacular as other QBs that come to mind (Brees, Rodgers, Wilson to name a few), but he is mega competitive and he might be the smartest of the bunch. Belichick likes intelligent and commited players, not divas.
Belichick has won 2 Superbowls without Tom Brady and is specialy efficient in getting the best from his defensive team. I mean, that defense looked like crap during the season and stopped the freaking Rams and limited them to 3 sad points when they had to.
There have been many quaterbacks with bad coaches and many good coaches with bad quaterbacks. But each of them has the ability to make look better the ones around them.
Most of the times, if either of them are average or awful, they don't acomplish anything. So it is not the case.
-
No man... just no.
We all like Baker, but let's not elevate him too high just yet.
Two weeks to prepare and Belichick is going to be making rookie Baker look just as bad or worse.
how do you game plan against accuracy ? also baker throws the ball with something on it not sure what goff was doing looping the balls to his recievers
-
Congrats B.Hoyer & Jason McCourty & Big Danny Shelton....Belicheck the Browns are coming..later peeps..
-
And Josh Gordon.
Ring and playoff money.
He'll get his ring and playoff money- but getting reinstated- we'll just have to see about that. And FYI the Browns play the Patriots on the road in Foxboro.... Also for the record- Gordon has already gotten more chances from the League than anyone else in history, by an order of magnitude...
-
And Josh Gordon.
Ring and playoff money.
He'll get his ring and playoff money- but getting reinstated- we'll just have to see about that. And FYI the Browns play the Patriots on the road in Foxboro.... Also for the record- Gordon has already gotten more chances from the League than anyone else in history, by an order of magnitude...
He'll get his ring and playoff money- but getting reinstated- we'll just have to see about that. And FYI the Browns play the Patriots on the road in Foxboro.... Also for the record- Gordon has already gotten more chances from the League than anyone else in history, by an order of magnitude...
Is it definate that gordon will get a ring and playoff money? I would think that the Patriots would say "look, we gave you ANOTHER CHANCE, and you blew THAT ONE too." and tell him to shove it.
I suppose there is some kind of rule over it. Whatever, he'll be broke again after a while because he traded his ring and money for more pot.
-
He'll get his ring and playoff money- but getting reinstated- we'll just have to see about that. And FYI the Browns play the Patriots on the road in Foxboro.... Also for the record- Gordon has already gotten more chances from the League than anyone else in history, by an order of magnitude...
Is it definate that gordon will get a ring and playoff money? I would think that the Patriots would say "look, we gave you ANOTHER CHANCE, and you blew THAT ONE too." and tell him to shove it.
I suppose there is some kind of rule over it. Whatever, he'll be broke again after a while because he traded his ring and money for more pot.
Is it definite that gordon will get a ring and playoff money? I would think that the Patriots would say "look, we gave you ANOTHER CHANCE, and you blew THAT ONE too." and tell him to shove it.
I suppose there is some kind of rule over it. Whatever, he'll be broke again after a while because he traded his ring and money for more pot.
Kraft as much said when asked about Gordon before the Super Bowl, that he's a good guy in the locker room. (unsaid was with a serious drug problem) They're still supporting him financially in his umteenth rehab...
As far as a SB ring? Yes Cal, all reports are he's getting one. Playoff money? Depends how his contract is structured- he was on the last year of his rookie deal, and the Patriots didn't terminate his contract when he got suspended. Who knows how that one will turn out... He's a RFA this year, BTW.
As mjp pointed out- those Super Bowl rings cost around $35 grand, so hocking one would buy a lot of weed...
-
He'll get his ring and playoff money- but getting reinstated- we'll just have to see about that. And FYI the Browns play the Patriots on the road in Foxboro.... Also for the record- Gordon has already gotten more chances from the League than anyone else in history, by an order of magnitude...
Is it definate that gordon will get a ring and playoff money? I would think that the Patriots would say "look, we gave you ANOTHER CHANCE, and you blew THAT ONE too." and tell him to shove it.
I suppose there is some kind of rule over it. Whatever, he'll be broke again after a while because he traded his ring and money for more pot.
Is it definate that gordon will get a ring and playoff money? I would think that the Patriots would say "look, we gave you ANOTHER CHANCE, and you blew THAT ONE too." and tell him to shove it.
I suppose there is some kind of rule over it. Whatever, he'll be broke again after a while because he traded his ring and money for more pot.
Who cares? Really?
-
sadly, is what comes next.. https://cdn.dailycaller.com/2018/11/12/josh-gordon-child-support-case-pushed-back/ stay tuned Roger..
-
Gordon is gone, so who really gives a damn about him?
What I do hope is that he can become man enough to support that baby. Frankly, I have my doubts.
Mike
-
sadly, is what comes next.. https://cdn.dailycaller.com/2018/11/12/josh-gordon-child-support-case-pushed-back/ stay tuned Roger..
sadly, is what comes next.. https://cdn.dailycaller.com/2018/11/12/josh-gordon-child-support-case-pushed-back/ stay tuned Roger..
Sell ring to make child support... It could happen...
Gordon is gone, so who really gives a damn about him?
What I do hope is that he can become man enough to support that baby. Frankly, I have my doubts.
Mike
Why do people slow down to look at car wrecks Mike?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login