Skip to content

Worst Halftime EVER

The Browns Board
73 29 2.3k 1
  • Lets have Milli Vanilli next year .............

  • @nickers said:

    LOL! They are awesome... Probably a little too sophisticated for your taste.. A great band loaded with world class musicians... They have an amazing underground follwing since the early 90's... They had a hit with 'Pull Me Under" And they're about to release a new album soon... They cover an eclectic range of music.. Kind of like Yes meets Rush...

    I absolutely loathe Rush, so you are probably right. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I absolutely loathe Rush, so you are probably right. 

    I'm not surprised one bit... I can't stand cRAP!.. To me it's sub culture non sense

  • @clevfan4life said:

    cause nobody wanted to do it. SB is not the glamour spot it once was. NFL is in decline. 

    Record profits and ratings up 5% this year which raised it back up close to the record-setting ratings 3 years ago. Don't know how much of a decline it is in.

    I didn't like the halftime show either but I am curious what is the last halftime show you liked.

    @bjh2130 said:

    Record profits and ratings up 5% this year which raised it back up close to the record-setting ratings 3 years ago. Don't know how much of a decline it is in.

    I didn't like the halftime show either but I am curious what is the last halftime show you liked.

    I'll actually have to go back tomorrow to be able to listen to the halftime show to see if it was any good- visually it was OK. My pal had lots of people over that have sensitive ears... That was quiet background stuff by my standards... We'll see when I crank it up to at least 90db in the Man Cave...  More of the same old same old. Girlies waving their hands to make it look enthusiastic...  I know Adam Levine from him doing judging and coaching on "The Voice".  Yeah, I'm old- so the NFL is trying to cater to the Millennial crowd. Haven't bothered listening to any of Maroon Five, and I don't do Rap.  

    Damn, it was shades of Tom Morello wasting his immense talent doing Rage Against the Machine stuff....  

  • https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/every-super-bowl-halftime-show-performer-from-maroon-5-to-marching-bands-and-everything-in-between/amp/

    I had to skim the link to refresh my memory. I think l was the only guy l knew who was excited to see Coldplay do it, but they were forced to make their show a theme thing to past halftime performers of the past and it really brought it down.

    When Bruno Mars headlined was the last really good one l remember. Prince was really good too. 

  • OK, had a chance to watch\listen on my computer....  BORING....  Some of the Bud Lite commercials were more interesting...  would have been a good time to hit the bathroom, or get more food & booze...   I'll repeat what I said earlier.. they need new material- seeing the girlies waving their hands around the stage is getting real OLD. They want pyrotechnics- you need Kiss....    

  • @mld-woody said:

    Just because you don't know who the rappers are doesn't mean you can claim NO ONE knows ....

    Travis Scott is a big rapper right now

    Big Boi is a famous rapper too. 

    You can say you didn't like it, fine. But people know who these rappers are

    Hypothetically, let's say Cleveland had built a retractable dome and was awarded the Super Bowl... and the NFL told Cleveland: 

    "Get yourself three local acts..." Who do you get?

    I'd go with The Black Keys, Bone Thugs and Harmony and Joe Walsh. Talk about eclectic. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Hypothetically, let's say Cleveland had built a retractable dome and was awarded the Super Bowl... and the NFL told Cleveland: 

    "Get yourself three local acts..." Who do you get?

    I'd go with The Black Keys, Bone Thugs and Harmony and Joe Walsh. Talk about eclectic. 

    Easy Street Band

    ?

    WSS

  • @clevfan4life said:

    cause nobody wanted to do it. SB is not the glamour spot it once was. NFL is in decline. 

    Record profits and ratings up 5% this year which raised it back up close to the record-setting ratings 3 years ago. Don't know how much of a decline it is in.

    I didn't like the halftime show either but I am curious what is the last halftime show you liked.

    @bjh2130 said:

    I didn't like the halftime show either but I am curious what is the last halftime show you liked.

    When John Mellencamp played in Detroit, then flew to Dallas and played there too on Thanksgiving years ago.

    I'd rather watch highlights honestly. But the Super Bowl is about catering to non-fans and advertising revenue. 

  • @nickers said:

    LOL! They are awesome... Probably a little too sophisticated for your taste.. A great band loaded with world class musicians... They have an amazing underground follwing since the early 90's... They had a hit with 'Pull Me Under" And they're about to release a new album soon... They cover an eclectic range of music.. Kind of like Yes meets Rush...

    I absolutely loathe Rush, so you are probably right. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I absolutely loathe Rush, so you are probably right. 

    Put 2112 on in the car, you'll like that I bet.

  • A shirtless Adam from The Voice? Veggies with dill dip was a far better choice. Turned it down until 2nd half.

  • On the other hand Gladys Knight knocked it out of the park.

    WSS

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I absolutely loathe Rush, so you are probably right. 

    Put 2112 on in the car, you'll like that I bet.

    @bob806 said:

    Put 2112 on in the car, you'll like that I bet.

    My favorite Rush album is Hemispheres.. Great guitar sound.. Killer arrangements.. The album flows perefectly

  • I have no idea why people would watch, lol. 

  • Just because you don't know who the rappers are doesn't mean you can claim NO ONE knows ....

    Travis Scott is a big rapper right now

    Big Boi is a famous rapper too. 

    You can say you didn't like it, fine. But people know who these rappers are

    @mld-woody said:

    Just because you don't know who the rappers are doesn't mean you can claim NO ONE knows ....

    Travis Scott is a big rapper right now

    Big Boi is a famous rapper too. 

    You can say you didn't like it, fine. But people know who these rappers are

    I know what vinegar and grapefruit juice are.....that does not mean that consuming them would still not leave me with a sour stomach.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I can't stand MGK

    Why do I feel like I'm missing a big local act? 

    Joe Walsh, Trent Reznor, Bone Thugs, Machine Gun Kelly, Kid Cudi, The Black Keys, Marilyn Manson, Tracy Chapman, Devo, Macy Gray... I feel like I'm missing a big local act or two... 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Why do I feel like I'm missing a big local act? 

    Joe Walsh, Trent Reznor, Bone Thugs, Machine Gun Kelly, Kid Cudi, The Black Keys, Marilyn Manson, Tracy Chapman, Devo, Macy Gray... I feel like I'm missing a big local act or two... 

    The Raspberries/Eric Carmen   Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders (part local),   Glass Harp,/Phil Keaggy,   The James Gang/Joe Walsh,  Wild Cherry,  The Human Beinz,   the Leverts,  Michael Stanley, The Outsiders

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Why do I feel like I'm missing a big local act? 

    Joe Walsh, Trent Reznor, Bone Thugs, Machine Gun Kelly, Kid Cudi, The Black Keys, Marilyn Manson, Tracy Chapman, Devo, Macy Gray... I feel like I'm missing a big local act or two... 

    The Raspberries/Eric Carmen   Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders (part local),   Glass Harp,/Phil Keaggy,   The James Gang/Joe Walsh,  Wild Cherry,  The Human Beinz,   the Leverts,  Michael Stanley, The Outsiders

    @the-gipper said:

    The Raspberries/Eric Carmen   Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders (part local),   Glass Harp,/Phil Keaggy,   The James Gang/Joe Walsh,  Wild Cherry,  The Human Beinz,   the Leverts,  Michael Stanley, The Outsiders

    Let's not forget our own WSS.

  • @nickers said:

    LOL! They are awesome... Probably a little too sophisticated for your taste.. A great band loaded with world class musicians... They have an amazing underground follwing since the early 90's... They had a hit with 'Pull Me Under" And they're about to release a new album soon... They cover an eclectic range of music.. Kind of like Yes meets Rush...

    I absolutely loathe Rush, so you are probably right. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I absolutely loathe Rush, so you are probably right. 

    12yrs old, November 1980, Long Beach Arena, my 1st concert ever .....  Rush's Moving Pictures Tour with Golden Earring opening up.

    First time I ever smelled pot. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I absolutely loathe Rush, so you are probably right. 

    12yrs old, November 1980, Long Beach Arena, my 1st concert ever .....  Rush's Moving Pictures Tour with Golden Earring opening up.

    First time I ever smelled pot. 

    @d-bone said:

    12yrs old, November 1980, Long Beach Arena, my 1st concert ever .....  Rush's Moving Pictures Tour with Golden Earring opening up.

    First time I ever smelled pot. 

    Golden Earring should have been the headliner.

  • Am I the only one who thought the halftime show was fine? Obviously Levine losing his clothes to show the dad bod was...awkward but I appreciated him actually singing and his pop hits are fine. That's not one of those performances I'm going to tell my grandkids about, sure but it was fine. People acting like this was the worst thing of all time, I just don't see that

  • Am I the only one who thought the halftime show was fine? Obviously Levine losing his clothes to show the dad bod was...awkward but I appreciated him actually singing and his pop hits are fine. That's not one of those performances I'm going to tell my grandkids about, sure but it was fine. People acting like this was the worst thing of all time, I just don't see that

    @jrb12711 said:

    Am I the only one who thought the halftime show was fine? Obviously Levine losing his clothes to show the dad bod was...awkward but I appreciated him actually singing and his pop hits are fine. That's not one of those performances I'm going to tell my grandkids about, sure but it was fine. People acting like this was the worst thing of all time, I just don't see that

    Fine?  Depends on how you define  "fine".   When I think of something being "fine"...I usually think of it as being top notch, top rated.  Like...that Shiksa has one fine, fine boute'   on her.  Or...this is some of the finest wine I have ever had.

    Then there is fine as in "yea, fine, OK, whatever".    This performance fit into the  yea/OK/whatever category.....

    This is what I consider "fine":

    8b78b314ab0f1a4dbb2412da81d7056e.jpg

    This is not:

    1baf1d8f8b7588eab00aa23ef75c5c34--tatted

    We got the latter, not the former.

  • And I guess the other moral of the story is:

    Maroon 5 is to be heard and not seen.