Skip to content

Browns Season Tickets- the NFL has gone Millennial

The Browns Board
55 17 1.3k
  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #1

    And I'm not happy. As I expected, Jimmuh is making up for lost time raising prices. The speculated 7% is low in our case. Went from $95 to $110.  That's not what's bothering me.

    Going to all digital tickets? That's a problem for us oldsters. A little background history. I don't consider myself a computer illiterate. I took several college level courses on computer operating systems and ancillary software programs.  But this past year going to the Texans game was another story. Had to get a digital ticket to the game from Vivid Seats. It only took me around four hours spread over two days, two calls to the Texans ticket office, and loading the Houston Texans app on my phone- which I hated to do (I try to keep my phone as app free as humanly possible) to finally say- mission accomplished.  Easy? Like hell!!!!  Hey Browns fans- just make sure you load our Browns app on your phone, it will make it easy! So what if I don't want to? That shouldn't be a necessity to go to one of the games I'm paying you $110 for.  I was getting daily notifications from the Texans I had to waste time  deleting, before I removed their app I'm around 95% certain I'll never use again, and my Texans ticket account...  

    I'm having my lifelong good pal call the Browns CSR (he's the ticket holder of record) to ask them what they plan on doing if you don't own a smartphone. It will create a hassle for him transferring my two tickets over from his account. I could pay the $50 bucks and have the tickets put in my name, but then I'd lose all of our 35+ years of seniority...   And thinking about it- won't framing that QR code on the wall when the Browns get to their first playoff game bring back fond memories? NOT!!!  ☹️☹️☹️

    OK, Rant over....  

  • K kvozel wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Well Larry, glad this is the worst thing in your life  ?

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I guess you could just say:   thanks....I will see you guys play on TV.   Which is sort of what I will do.  Why?

    Because now if I want to go I will not be able to just get a ticket from a scalper on the street on the way into the stadium.  Which is basically the way I did it the last two times I went to Brown's home games.  

    I did do the digital tickets for the Houston game...went with Stubhub.  But I had to have my son download the app for me...and have my daughter's boyfriend basically handle it for me on game day.

    If I go again...I guess it will just have to be a wait and see deal. 

  • Well Larry, glad this is the worst thing in your life  ?

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @kvozel said:

    Well Larry, glad this is the worst thing in your life  ?

    Was about to say the same lol. I remember Larry mentioning something that night about the digital tickets. It was different not having a physical ticket but just opening the internet on my phone and having them scan it was kinda nice. 

  • I guess you could just say:   thanks....I will see you guys play on TV.   Which is sort of what I will do.  Why?

    Because now if I want to go I will not be able to just get a ticket from a scalper on the street on the way into the stadium.  Which is basically the way I did it the last two times I went to Brown's home games.  

    I did do the digital tickets for the Houston game...went with Stubhub.  But I had to have my son download the app for me...and have my daughter's boyfriend basically handle it for me on game day.

    If I go again...I guess it will just have to be a wait and see deal. 

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess you could just say:   thanks....I will see you guys play on TV.   Which is sort of what I will do.  Why?

    Because now if I want to go I will not be able to just get a ticket from a scalper on the street on the way into the stadium.  Which is basically the way I did it the last two times I went to Brown's home games.  

    I did do the digital tickets for the Houston game...went with Stubhub.  But I had to have my son download the app for me...and have my daughter's boyfriend basically handle it for me on game day.

    If I go again...I guess it will just have to be a wait and see deal. 

    The scalper thing I had not thought of. Bet that pissed them off. 

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #6

    wait till you have 60k people all burning bandwidth to try and bring up the tickets.  hows the wifi in teh stadium? XD

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I prefer digital tickets.

    Only downside I see is that you don't have that paper ticket momento from a big game you were at.

    Zombo

  • I prefer digital tickets.

    Only downside I see is that you don't have that paper ticket momento from a big game you were at.

    Zombo

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #8

    Zombo said:

    I prefer digital tickets.

    Only downside I see is that you don't have that paper ticket momento from a big game you were at.

    Zombo

    I prefer the digital tickets too & few here would be worse than I when it comes to technology. LOL

    Mike

  • Well Larry, glad this is the worst thing in your life  ?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #9

    @kvozel said:

    Well Larry, glad this is the worst thing in your life  ?

    It's an unmitigated disaster...  😁 

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess you could just say:   thanks....I will see you guys play on TV.   Which is sort of what I will do.  Why?

    Because now if I want to go I will not be able to just get a ticket from a scalper on the street on the way into the stadium.  Which is basically the way I did it the last two times I went to Brown's home games.  

    I did do the digital tickets for the Houston game...went with Stubhub.  But I had to have my son download the app for me...and have my daughter's boyfriend basically handle it for me on game day.

    If I go again...I guess it will just have to be a wait and see deal. 

    Gipper, some of us are going to have to  complain to the Browns it's a violation of the AWCDA. Americans With Cellphone Dislike Act...   It never occured to me this will effectively put scalpers out of business....  Or was that the plan all along? And I am not putting Google wallet on my phone either!  People are entirely too trusting of the security on their cell phones... FWIW, my phone is a little more sophisticated than the Jitterbug AARP advertises in their publications. Seems like the younger crowd feels the need to have their phone glued to their body 24\7.  Not having it around results in an immediate feeling of helplessness...  

    And for those who are guffawing at us oldsters who have the quaint idea of liking paper tickets... I'd bet the ranch the number of season ticket holders on the high side of 60 is at least double of those who are under 30....  

  • @kvozel said:

    Well Larry, glad this is the worst thing in your life  ?

    It's an unmitigated disaster...  😁 

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess you could just say:   thanks....I will see you guys play on TV.   Which is sort of what I will do.  Why?

    Because now if I want to go I will not be able to just get a ticket from a scalper on the street on the way into the stadium.  Which is basically the way I did it the last two times I went to Brown's home games.  

    I did do the digital tickets for the Houston game...went with Stubhub.  But I had to have my son download the app for me...and have my daughter's boyfriend basically handle it for me on game day.

    If I go again...I guess it will just have to be a wait and see deal. 

    Gipper, some of us are going to have to  complain to the Browns it's a violation of the AWCDA. Americans With Cellphone Dislike Act...   It never occured to me this will effectively put scalpers out of business....  Or was that the plan all along? And I am not putting Google wallet on my phone either!  People are entirely too trusting of the security on their cell phones... FWIW, my phone is a little more sophisticated than the Jitterbug AARP advertises in their publications. Seems like the younger crowd feels the need to have their phone glued to their body 24\7.  Not having it around results in an immediate feeling of helplessness...  

    And for those who are guffawing at us oldsters who have the quaint idea of liking paper tickets... I'd bet the ranch the number of season ticket holders on the high side of 60 is at least double of those who are under 30....  

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @hoorta said:

    And for those who are guffawing at us oldsters who have the quaint idea of liking paper tickets... I'd bet the ranch the number of season ticket holders on the high side of 60 is at least double of those who are under 30....  

    I'm 72 & my 2018 paper tickets (last year for paper) will still be in sheet form & framed on my ManCave wall soon. I have forgotten my tickets before & had to get them printed at Guest Services. I NEVER forget my phone & with a pocket charger, I never have to worry about the phone being dead.

    Mike

  • K kvozel wrote on last edited by
    #11

    My good friend Larry just needs to move into the 20th century.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I'm 43 and hate this too hoorta.

    Just bought a six-pack of Indians tickets, which of course will not be honest to dog tickets but downloaded to my phone. Annoying. 

    I was born in the wrong time. 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    MN1s.gif      Cmb.gif  PNp.gif      Your going to do the extra work yourself & pay extra for it.. Larry! Larry! Larry!               

  • My good friend Larry just needs to move into the 20th century.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @kvozel said:

    My good friend Larry just needs to move into the 20th century.

    "Your going to do the extra work yourself & pay extra for it.. Larry! Larry! Larry!"

    Not all technology is progress...   Believe it or not, there are still people living in the United States who don't have cable or satellite- or cell phones.                

  • wait till you have 60k people all burning bandwidth to try and bring up the tickets.  hows the wifi in teh stadium? XD

    5150k95 5150k9 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @choco said:

    wait till you have 60k people all burning bandwidth to try and bring up the tickets.  hows the wifi in teh stadium? XD

    If you have an iPhone you should be able to load them into your apple wallet (app already on the iPhone) and no WiFi/data used. But I’m only 53 and if it wasn’t for my kids I wouldn’t have known that ?

  • @choco said:

    wait till you have 60k people all burning bandwidth to try and bring up the tickets.  hows the wifi in teh stadium? XD

    If you have an iPhone you should be able to load them into your apple wallet (app already on the iPhone) and no WiFi/data used. But I’m only 53 and if it wasn’t for my kids I wouldn’t have known that ?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #16

    @5150k9 said:

    If you have an iPhone you should be able to load them into your apple wallet (app already on the iPhone) and no WiFi/data used. But I’m only 53 and if it wasn’t for my kids I wouldn’t have known that ?

    Yeah, and if you have an Android, my pal's 30 something son showed me how to take a screenshot of the QR code. It saves to your pictures. No wifi necessary. Doesn't mean I have to like doing it that way. ? I'll adapt, you can still teach this old dog new tricks.

    Remains to be seen how you would have to handle 40 Browns Backers that you bought group tickets for. Loading tickets on that many different phones compared to paper would be a relative pain in the a$$. 

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #17

    as ya said, screenshot then text it to the ticket holder ?

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    How did you get notice of your increase? Ive revieved no info on mine but expect it.....

  • How did you get notice of your increase? Ive revieved no info on mine but expect it.....

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @jcam222 said:

    How did you get notice of your increase? Ive revieved no info on mine but expect it.....

    Where are your seats. Some did not increase. For example, mine are in the north side upper level, section 536, row 19, seats 25 & 26 on the aisle. Only the 4 sections closest to the 50 were increased. That would be sections 532, 533, 534, & 535. I renewed mine last night.

    Mike

  • @jcam222 said:

    How did you get notice of your increase? Ive revieved no info on mine but expect it.....

    Where are your seats. Some did not increase. For example, mine are in the north side upper level, section 536, row 19, seats 25 & 26 on the aisle. Only the 4 sections closest to the 50 were increased. That would be sections 532, 533, 534, & 535. I renewed mine last night.

    Mike

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @canton-mike said:

    Where are your seats. Some did not increase. For example, mine are in the north side upper level, section 536, row 19, seats 25 & 26 on the aisle. Only the 4 sections closest to the 50 were increased. That would be sections 532, 533, 534, & 535. I renewed mine last night.

    Mike

    I’m in 136