Skip to content

AAF

The Browns Board
63 18 3.5k
  • Myles would have been sent to.gitmo for doing this to ben...

    No flag thrown, color me intrigued now by this new league

  • My AAF team is terrible and they misuse my favorite player. 

    It's the 2017 Browns all over again

    @mld-woody said:

    My AAF team is terrible and they misuse my favorite player. 

    It's the 2017 Browns all over again

    Of course, you pretty much bring suckitude to everything, and maybe that player ain't even much good for this league....so maybe you should get a new favorite player.   Some guy named Smith...who is from FMU...scored a couple of TDs for the other team...Orlando.

    I still haven't made up my mind about "my team":   San Antonio/San Diego/Birmingham.

    Scores

    Sunday

    Birmingham Iron 26, Memphis Express 0
    Arizona Hotshots 38, Salt Lake City Stallions 22

    Saturday

    Orlando Apollos 40, Atlanta Legends 6
    San Antonio Commanders 15, San Diego Fleet 6 

  • Nfl refs would have thrown every flag they had then dropped their pants and shit in their hands so they had more shit to throw....

  • Trent Richardson overcomes slow start with two TDs

    This was supposed to be Richardson's comeback, but the former Cleveland Browns and Indianapolis Colts running back got off to a slow start with eight carries for 17 yards through the first half. His third quarter wasn't looking any better with a lost fumble on one of his better runs of the day. However, Richardson finally found the end zone in the fourth quarter to put the Iron up 15-0 and scored the ensuing two-point conversion. He also had a late-game touchdown, his second of the day, to finish with 56 yards in a 26-0 victory. 

    It's been an overall tough day for Richardson as he tries to make his way back to theNFL -- his yards per carry was still under 3.0 -- but at least it ended better than it started. 

  • Iron shut down Express with strong defensive effort

    Similar to Saturday night's defensive struggle between San Antonio and San Diego, Memphis-Birmingham was a rock fight for about three quarters The Iron lead 9-0, but were absolutely stout on defense. One of the best plays of the day came on a tip-drill interception of Express quarterback Christian Hackenberg, who has struggled to find any consistency in his career following his breakout freshman season at Penn State. 

  • Trent Richardson overcomes slow start with two TDs

    This was supposed to be Richardson's comeback, but the former Cleveland Browns and Indianapolis Colts running back got off to a slow start with eight carries for 17 yards through the first half. His third quarter wasn't looking any better with a lost fumble on one of his better runs of the day. However, Richardson finally found the end zone in the fourth quarter to put the Iron up 15-0 and scored the ensuing two-point conversion. He also had a late-game touchdown, his second of the day, to finish with 56 yards in a 26-0 victory. 

    It's been an overall tough day for Richardson as he tries to make his way back to theNFL -- his yards per carry was still under 3.0 -- but at least it ended better than it started. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Trent Richardson overcomes slow start with two TDs

    This was supposed to be Richardson's comeback, but the former Cleveland Browns and Indianapolis Colts running back got off to a slow start with eight carries for 17 yards through the first half. His third quarter wasn't looking any better with a lost fumble on one of his better runs of the day. However, Richardson finally found the end zone in the fourth quarter to put the Iron up 15-0 and scored the ensuing two-point conversion. He also had a late-game touchdown, his second of the day, to finish with 56 yards in a 26-0 victory. 

    It's been an overall tough day for Richardson as he tries to make his way back to theNFL -- his yards per carry was still under 3.0 -- but at least it ended better than it started. 

    When I saw "Trent Richardson" I thought it must be some new guy. And 3 year $250,000 zero guarantees to play is a real comedown, used to be a typical NFL game check.

    Good luck to him.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Trent Richardson overcomes slow start with two TDs

    This was supposed to be Richardson's comeback, but the former Cleveland Browns and Indianapolis Colts running back got off to a slow start with eight carries for 17 yards through the first half. His third quarter wasn't looking any better with a lost fumble on one of his better runs of the day. However, Richardson finally found the end zone in the fourth quarter to put the Iron up 15-0 and scored the ensuing two-point conversion. He also had a late-game touchdown, his second of the day, to finish with 56 yards in a 26-0 victory. 

    It's been an overall tough day for Richardson as he tries to make his way back to theNFL -- his yards per carry was still under 3.0 -- but at least it ended better than it started. 

    When I saw "Trent Richardson" I thought it must be some new guy. And 3 year $250,000 zero guarantees to play is a real comedown, used to be a typical NFL game check.

    Good luck to him.

    @mjp28 said:

    When I saw "Trent Richardson" I thought it must be some new guy. And 3 year $250,000 zero guarantees to play is a real comedown, used to be a typical NFL game check.

    Good luck to him.

    Screen_Shot_2019-02-11_at_9.41.26_AM.png

  • @mjp28 said:

    When I saw "Trent Richardson" I thought it must be some new guy. And 3 year $250,000 zero guarantees to play is a real comedown, used to be a typical NFL game check.

    Good luck to him.

    Screen_Shot_2019-02-11_at_9.41.26_AM.png

    @the-gipper said:

    Screen_Shot_2019-02-11_at_9.41.26_AM.png

    I watched the highlight reel and didn't think that Richardson had a good game, but damn those stats...

    And Hackember was plain awful.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Screen_Shot_2019-02-11_at_9.41.26_AM.png

    I watched the highlight reel and didn't think that Richardson had a good game, but damn those stats...

    And Hackember was plain awful.

    @nero said:

    I watched the highlight reel and didn't think that Richardson had a good game, but damn those stats...

    And Hackember was plain awful.

    For what its worth, in checking the stats, a guy named A. Hunt from Orlando had the most rushing yards with like 78...another guy had 64...and TR had 58 for third.

  • I should watch more than the 5 minutes I did last Saturday.  Too bad Qualcomm stadium sucks.  Like municipal stadium bad. Anyone who's been there knows exactly what I mean. 

  • I should watch more than the 5 minutes I did last Saturday.  Too bad Qualcomm stadium sucks.  Like municipal stadium bad. Anyone who's been there knows exactly what I mean. 

    @sd_tom said:

    I should watch more than the 5 minutes I did last Saturday.  Too bad Qualcomm stadium sucks.  Like municipal stadium bad. Anyone who's been there knows exactly what I mean. 

    Ah yes the Ol' Muni, you could smell the men's room from 50 yards away.  😆

    I miss that old dump, great memories there like the hot dogs with stadium mustard and a beer.......sitting behind a pole. Loved it!

  • I should watch more than the 5 minutes I did last Saturday.  Too bad Qualcomm stadium sucks.  Like municipal stadium bad. Anyone who's been there knows exactly what I mean. 

    @sd_tom said:

    I should watch more than the 5 minutes I did last Saturday.  Too bad Qualcomm stadium sucks.  Like municipal stadium bad. Anyone who's been there knows exactly what I mean. 

    saying it sucks is an insult to suckage.    It's worse than sucks. 

  • Why are they more lax on the AAF on defensive rules since its affiliated with the NFL? I mean popping a qb's helmet off and driving him to the ground landing on him? Clay matthews must be like.......

  • I honestly think the AAF may be a testing ground for NFL rule changes.

    Mike

  • I honestly think the AAF may be a testing ground for NFL rule changes.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I honestly think the AAF may be a testing ground for NFL rule changes.

    Mike

    Once a formal contract is in place beyond airing of some games, that almost a certainty. I'm more intrigued by other testing ground opportunities tho...the new tech they are using is going to collect more data than has ever been compiled before, and will further analytics use throughout the sport.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/aaf-trent-richardson-td-flag/amp

  • @sd_tom said:

    I should watch more than the 5 minutes I did last Saturday.  Too bad Qualcomm stadium sucks.  Like municipal stadium bad. Anyone who's been there knows exactly what I mean. 

    Ah yes the Ol' Muni, you could smell the men's room from 50 yards away.  😆

    I miss that old dump, great memories there like the hot dogs with stadium mustard and a beer.......sitting behind a pole. Loved it!

    @mjp28 said:

    Ah yes the Ol' Muni, you could smell the men's room from 50 yards away.  😆

    I miss that old dump, great memories there like the hot dogs with stadium mustard and a beer.......sitting behind a pole. Loved it!

    Last game I saw there was the wild card game against the patriots in 94 

  • I honestly think the AAF may be a testing ground for NFL rule changes.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    I honestly think the AAF may be a testing ground for NFL rule changes.

    Mike

    Oh yeah that is quite apparent, kind of working with rather than against the NFL. 

    Look for kickoffs to eventually be gone -but- why no 1 point EPs? Should be an option.

  • can you all imagine Heinz field after watching Ben get his helmet popped off like a shuttle launch? No seriously close ur eyes and imagine it, put a Browns player in there if you must....but honestly it's satisfying either way. 

  • can you all imagine Heinz field after watching Ben get his helmet popped off like a shuttle launch? No seriously close ur eyes and imagine it, put a Browns player in there if you must....but honestly it's satisfying either way. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    can you all imagine Heinz field after watching Ben get his helmet popped off like a shuttle launch? No seriously close ur eyes and imagine it, put a Browns player in there if you must....but honestly it's satisfying either way. 

    Worth a 15 yard penalty.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    can you all imagine Heinz field after watching Ben get his helmet popped off like a shuttle launch? No seriously close ur eyes and imagine it, put a Browns player in there if you must....but honestly it's satisfying either way. 

    Worth a 15 yard penalty.

    @the-gipper said:

    Worth a 15 yard penalty.

    No browns player that goes turky jones on ben would ever pay for his drinks in NE ohio or not have his meals comped.