Browns sign Kareem Hunt
-
He lost most of this past season. Why the fuck would THAT not be considered his suspension?
Because the Commissioner is an asshole. Also I could be wrong here all of Josh's "leave of absences" or BS wellness checks never counted toward his suspension time.
-
He lost most of this past season. Why the fuck would THAT not be considered his suspension?
Because the Commissioner is an asshole. Also I could be wrong here all of Josh's "leave of absences" or BS wellness checks never counted toward his suspension time.
Because the Commissioner is an asshole. Also I could be wrong here all of Josh's "leave of absences" or BS wellness checks never counted toward his suspension time.
Absurd. The only possible difference that I could see is that if you are on the exempt list....you are not paid....but if you are suspended, you are.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
I think him and to a lesser extent Baker are scumbags no matter what.
I divorce my personal feelings from employability concerning most job. Never asked a waiter if he has had a DWI, never asked a Walmart Clerk if they have a past history of domestic violence and don’t care about NFL players history. It’s up to the NFL to collectively bargain penalties for actions and employability and if a person is eligible to play, so be it.
Baking up Turnovers said:
No. I just want good wholesome clean guys on the Browns, not the biggest scumbags that Dorsey can find.
Isn't that exactly what I said? You want a team of Holly Roller Choirboys.... That doesn't happen in the NFL... And I pointed out there's guys in the HOF who have done far worse.
Baking up Turnovers said:
I think him and to a lesser extent Baker are scumbags no matter what.
Now you're doubling down that people can't learn from past mistakes and change for the better- if you think once a scumbag, always a scumbag... If the Browns didn't give Kareem a second chance, some other team certainly would have.
I divorce my personal feelings from employability concerning most jobs. Never asked a waiter if he has had a DWI, never asked a Walmart Clerk if they have a past history of domestic violence and don’t care about NFL players history. It’s up to the NFL to collectively bargain penalties for actions and employability and if a person is eligible to play, so be it.
You nailed it Bacon... If they're doing their job (in this case being a great football player) it's up to the employer in this case the Browns and NFL- to set the rules of employment. How many guys are still working at (pick a motor company) after they got accused of beating up on their wife\girlfriend? I'd bet plenty.
he is going to be a RFA at seasons end and if he play's well couldn't we just tag him and get something in return ?
Others already have said, low risk, high potential reward. Hunt keeps his act together- the Browns are in line to cash in. The first round tender for a RFA was $4.1 million last year. That's bargain basement compared to what LeVeon Bell thinks he's worth. So we'd get to keep him on the cheap for another year, or get a first round draft pick from another team. Brilliant move by Dorsey to collect a nice bargaining chip for a million bucks....
-
Because the Commissioner is an asshole. Also I could be wrong here all of Josh's "leave of absences" or BS wellness checks never counted toward his suspension time.
Absurd. The only possible difference that I could see is that if you are on the exempt list....you are not paid....but if you are suspended, you are.
Absurd.
I know, but it seem Godell just makes up rules and punishments on the fly.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
No. I just want good wholesome clean guys on the Browns, not the biggest scumbags that Dorsey can find.
Isn't that exactly what I said? You want a team of Holly Roller Choirboys.... That doesn't happen in the NFL... And I pointed out there's guys in the HOF who have done far worse.
Baking up Turnovers said:
I think him and to a lesser extent Baker are scumbags no matter what.
Now you're doubling down that people can't learn from past mistakes and change for the better- if you think once a scumbag, always a scumbag... If the Browns didn't give Kareem a second chance, some other team certainly would have.
I divorce my personal feelings from employability concerning most jobs. Never asked a waiter if he has had a DWI, never asked a Walmart Clerk if they have a past history of domestic violence and don’t care about NFL players history. It’s up to the NFL to collectively bargain penalties for actions and employability and if a person is eligible to play, so be it.
You nailed it Bacon... If they're doing their job (in this case being a great football player) it's up to the employer in this case the Browns and NFL- to set the rules of employment. How many guys are still working at (pick a motor company) after they got accused of beating up on their wife\girlfriend? I'd bet plenty.
he is going to be a RFA at seasons end and if he play's well couldn't we just tag him and get something in return ?
Others already have said, low risk, high potential reward. Hunt keeps his act together- the Browns are in line to cash in. The first round tender for a RFA was $4.1 million last year. That's bargain basement compared to what LeVeon Bell thinks he's worth. So we'd get to keep him on the cheap for another year, or get a first round draft pick from another team. Brilliant move by Dorsey to collect a nice bargaining chip for a million bucks....
Isn't that exactly what I said? You want a team of Holly Roller Choirboys.... That doesn't happen in the NFL... And I pointed out there's guys in the HOF who have done far worse.
Now you're doubling down that people can't learn from past mistakes and change for the better- if you think once a scumbag, always a scumbag... If the Browns didn't give Kareem a second chance, some other team certainly would have.
The only thing that I can think is that Eating Turds is himself a former criminal perhaps, miscreant....at minimum an asshole who has done all kinds of dumb/bad things in his life and he has been harshly treated by the law...or society...or family, or someone. And he is resentful that anyone else who has also strayed off the beaten path should be allowed to show redemption and remorse, and attempt to improve themselves.
-
Absurd.
I know, but it seem Godell just makes up rules and punishments on the fly.
I know, but it seem Godell just makes up rules and punishments on the fly.
I doubt that. I assume that is all worked out under the CBA. I also assume that an entirely new disciplinary procedure will be worked out in the next CBA.
-
I know, but it seem Godell just makes up rules and punishments on the fly.
I doubt that. I assume that is all worked out under the CBA. I also assume that an entirely new disciplinary procedure will be worked out in the next CBA.
I doubt that. I assume that is all worked out under the CBA. I also assume that an entirely new disciplinary procedure will be worked out in the next CBA.
Before the Ray Rice thing they had nothing in place, since that whole media shit-storm they have implemented a framework on how to deal with Domestic Violence. But you said it yourself and are correct this isn't Domestic Violence. His on tape kicking some racist bitch while she was the ground while his boys are trying to hold him back. What does he get for that I dunno? Does Roger know? The only thing his been consistence at is being inconsistence. Doubt he gets time served because of optics of it. With that said we have by far the best backfield in the league. Go Browns!!!
-
I know, but it seem Godell just makes up rules and punishments on the fly.
I doubt that. I assume that is all worked out under the CBA. I also assume that an entirely new disciplinary procedure will be worked out in the next CBA.
I doubt that. I assume that is all worked out under the CBA. I also assume that an entirely new disciplinary procedure will be worked out in the next CBA.
ya man thats why there is a strike looming in not so distant future
-
Assuming Hunt is cleared to play we improved our Offense and our STs...
I wonder how Duke will do in NE?

-
Baking up Turnovers said:
Wow. Does this team have no morals or ethics anymore? First they decide to draft a QB who's running from cops and grabbing his stuff and now they are signing a woman beater.
You misspelled Joe Mixon.
-
I'm trusting Dorsey on this. PERIOD!
Mike
-
I doubt that. I assume that is all worked out under the CBA. I also assume that an entirely new disciplinary procedure will be worked out in the next CBA.
Before the Ray Rice thing they had nothing in place, since that whole media shit-storm they have implemented a framework on how to deal with Domestic Violence. But you said it yourself and are correct this isn't Domestic Violence. His on tape kicking some racist bitch while she was the ground while his boys are trying to hold him back. What does he get for that I dunno? Does Roger know? The only thing his been consistence at is being inconsistence. Doubt he gets time served because of optics of it. With that said we have by far the best backfield in the league. Go Browns!!!
Before the Ray Rice thing they had nothing in place, since that whole media shit-storm they have implemented a framework on how to deal with Domestic Violence. But you said it yourself and are correct this isn't Domestic Violence. His on tape kicking some racist bitch while she was the ground while his boys are trying to hold him back. What does he get for that I dunno? Does Roger know? The only thing his been consistence at is being inconsistence. Doubt he gets time served because of optics of it. With that said we have by far the best backfield in the league. Go Browns!!!
Yeah what's worse a kick- or the Joe Mixon one punch KO in college that IIRC cost him nothing in the way of a suspension. Rappoport was opining six games for Kareem....
You misspelled Joe Mixon.
LOL, you beat me to it... Let's not forget while were at it about Packman Jones' multiple run ins with the law.... bustin' up bars, spitting on cops....
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
No. I just want good wholesome clean guys on the Browns, not the biggest scumbags that Dorsey can find.
Please point me to the nearest successful NFL team with a roster of nothing but wholesome clean guys, Hell forget successful, point me to ANY NFL team that has that.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
No. I just want good wholesome clean guys on the Browns, not the biggest scumbags that Dorsey can find.
Please point me to the nearest successful NFL team with a roster of nothing but wholesome clean guys, Hell forget successful, point me to ANY NFL team that has that.
-
I guess this board is going to stop pretending it cares about women with our collective holier than thou treatment of the Steelers regarding the continued employment of Ben Roethlisberger, right? I mean, we can finally put that to bed.
-
Baking up Turnovers said:
No. I just want good wholesome clean guys on the Browns, not the biggest scumbags that Dorsey can find.
Please point me to the nearest successful NFL team with a roster of nothing but wholesome clean guys, Hell forget successful, point me to ANY NFL team that has that.
-
I guess this board is going to stop pretending it cares about women with our collective holier than thou treatment of the Steelers regarding the continued employment of Ben Roethlisberger, right? I mean, we can finally put that to bed.
I guess this board is going to stop pretending it cares about women with our collective holier than thou treatment of the Steelers regarding the continued employment of Ben Roethlisberger, right? I mean, we can finally put that to bed.
Yup that ship has sailed my friend.
-
I guess this board is going to stop pretending it cares about women with our collective holier than thou treatment of the Steelers regarding the continued employment of Ben Roethlisberger, right? I mean, we can finally put that to bed.
I guess this board is going to stop pretending it cares about women with our collective holier than thou treatment of the Steelers regarding the continued employment of Ben Roethlisberger, right? I mean, we can finally put that to bed.
Guess the only difference is Ben never admitted he did anything wrong... Hunt has owned up to it. Too bad there was no surveillance video in that bar down south... What Hunt did was minor league compared to what Greg Hardy did to his ex girlfriend...
That doesn't make what he did right, or mean he gets out of a significant suspension...
-
I guess this board is going to stop pretending it cares about women with our collective holier than thou treatment of the Steelers regarding the continued employment of Ben Roethlisberger, right? I mean, we can finally put that to bed.
Guess the only difference is Ben never admitted he did anything wrong... Hunt has owned up to it. Too bad there was no surveillance video in that bar down south... What Hunt did was minor league compared to what Greg Hardy did to his ex girlfriend...
That doesn't make what he did right, or mean he gets out of a significant suspension...
-
Why trade him? Is there some wrong with having good depth players?
Duke can't be happy with the snaps hes getting and now we bring in a Hunt to take away even more playing time. He is going to be nothing more then depth and special teams at this point. Granted hes making like 5 mil a year and hes not destroying his body.
Duke can't be happy with the snaps hes getting and now we bring in a Hunt to take away even more playing time. He is going to be nothing more then depth and special teams at this point. Granted hes making like 5 mil a year and hes not destroying his body.
First and foremost, look into kitchens use or 3 RB sets and wing T. Considering Duke and hunts ability to catch the ball, having a stable of versatile backs allows for an immense amount of offensive creativity. Baker spreads the ball around anyway, so if Duke values stats over winning, he can go.
Depth isn't a bad thing. In this case, hunts getting some type of suspension. 4...6...8 games ... Who knows maybe more. Under no circumstances is Duke going anywhere until there's a replacement and hunt gets on the field. Hyde hung around till they were sure Chubb was good to go. By the time hunts ready, we're in a playoff push, hunt has fresh legs, no one has any film on his usage, and dukes already gonna have an established role.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login