Skip to content

Linebacker Analysis 101.. Kollmann explains why Devin White has boom&bust potential

The Browns Board
6 6 239
  • Just watched it and I was going to post it... Damn you got to the gap faster 😉

    It was an interesting watch for me. I would like to know the opinion of those in this board who know better than I do about his flaws. 

    In my humble opinion, I'd say that we have some decent linebackers but their tackling ain't the best so it might not be the ideal landing place for him (looking it from the player's side). Thoughts?

  • Like the commentator I see this kid as having an incredible upside with his speed, power and athleticism. I'm not too worried about the coachable stuff. That will happen very well when you are talking about pro coaching. And as he said this kid was a RB newly converted to ILB. He has the "It" factor. I see him having that Canton potential.

  • That speed to the sideline.... good lord. 

  • Like the commentator I see this kid as having an incredible upside with his speed, power and athleticism. I'm not too worried about the coachable stuff. That will happen very well when you are talking about pro coaching. And as he said this kid was a RB newly converted to ILB. He has the "It" factor. I see him having that Canton potential.

    @texasag1969 said:

     And as he said this kid was a RB newly converted to ILB. 

    This tells me "the kid is coachable"...Draftees coming to the NFL takes a special athletic talent first..Then coach them up at the position..You can't coach speed, but taking proper sideline tackling angles with speed, puts White way ahead in this LB class..White plays with some nasty too. We can certainly use that..Tackling high can damage pecs & other body parts. Pro coaches/players such as G.Williams teach kids league tech. longevity...Take the gifted talent first 

  • I like Whites upside but I would rather have a player like Germaine Pratt and/or Khalil Hodge. White MAY learn to be stud but as of today he is an athlete and not a LBer

    Pratt is a 1st round talent that every site projects to go in the 2-3 rounds. Hes great athlete in his own regard but he plays the positions like a true LBer. Quick decisions, get to the gap, finishes. Hes pretty good in coverage too. I would compare him to a K.J. Wright type of player.

    Hodge is a traditional tackling machine. Not as athletic as the other 2 but he is a player that can come in and play right away.