Old Browns Football question
-
I have done a little research but could not find any images of one like it online to compare it to. I was gonna ask my uncle because he used to work for the browns but he is retired and his memory doesn't go back that far these days.
-
Thanks, ill give that a try.
-
-
I know they are not "real" ones. They seem like something you would have bought this way back in the day.
Yes but you can try and see the "as is" value and if it's worth repairing to get a retail value.
You can go to a memorabilla store but they might just give you $5 or $10 bucks for it if that.
Kind of like Antiques Roadshow BROWNS Edition.
-
One thing I will say beyond a shadow of a doubt. The signed football is definitely not "THE DUKE" . It's a pre-stamped souvenier ball. Sorry, but I doubt that you could get 1 buck for it.
Mike
-
One thing I will say beyond a shadow of a doubt. The signed football is definitely not "THE DUKE" . It's a pre-stamped souvenier ball. Sorry, but I doubt that you could get 1 buck for it.
Mike
One thing I will say beyond a shadow of a doubt. The signed football is definitely not "THE DUKE" . It's a pre-stamped souvenier ball. Sorry, but I doubt that you could get 1 buck for it.
Mike
I'll give him $15.
Z
-
One thing I will say beyond a shadow of a doubt. The signed football is definitely not "THE DUKE" . It's a pre-stamped souvenier ball. Sorry, but I doubt that you could get 1 buck for it.
Mike
One thing I will say beyond a shadow of a doubt. The signed football is definitely not "THE DUKE" . It's a pre-stamped souvenir ball. Sorry, but I doubt that you could get 1 buck for it.
Mike
One piece of Browns memorabilia I've seen that I do know is "authentic". My pal inherited it from his Dad (won in a contest). A 1950 football signed by everyone on the team- and the coaches... The bidding will start at.... (it's not for sale)
-
Have a question for you guys. Found this old football in storage. Was from some of my dads stuff when he was a kid. My guess is the 60's or 70s. I dont know much about it. It appears to have a bunch on old famous browns players names on it. They dont seem to be real signatures but something you would have bought in the store back then. I was wondering if anyone could help me shed some light on it.
Thanks,
Have a question for you guys. Found this old football in storage. Was from some of my dads stuff when he was a kid. My guess is the 60's or 70s. I dont know much about it. It appears to have a bunch on old famous browns players names on it. They dont seem to be real signatures but something you would have bought in the store back then. I was wondering if anyone could help me shed some light on it.
Thanks,
Tough to make out a lot of these signatures. Jim Houston, Ron Johnson, Chip Glass, I think I see Paul Warfield. Howard Brinker, I think was a coach.
-
I wasnt sure if it would be worth anything or not because it doesn't hold air anymore and some of the leather as cracked from being deflated so long.
I wasnt sure if it would be worth anything or not because it doesn't hold air anymore and some of the leather as cracked from being deflated so long.
Just thinking again on this, if you want this as a keepsake a football bladder can be replaced......might have to be careful to save the original laces.
Looks like it had some "backyard activity" from the general condition.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

