Skip to content

Grossi - isms

The Browns Board
34 14 852
  • I think Gip is right. Also I think that anybody that makes it to the playoffs is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Maybe Wild Card teams are long shots but it happens. Especially in the NFL where games are often decided by one or two scores or one or two bad calls.

    WSS

  • I think Gip is right. Also I think that anybody that makes it to the playoffs is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Maybe Wild Card teams are long shots but it happens. Especially in the NFL where games are often decided by one or two scores or one or two bad calls.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Also I think that anybody that makes it to the playoffs is a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Maybe Wild Card teams are long shots but it happens. Especially in the NFL where games are often decided by one or two scores or one or two bad calls.

    WSS

    Good point Steve!  Just off the top of my head, Aron Rodgers' Packers were a wild card team that beat Pittsburgh in the SB; and Pittsburgh was a wild card team that beat Seattle in the SB.

  • @darren15 said:

    I am just glad he does not get a say and that 90% of his comments are negative, he and Cabot must be closet Steeler fans .... Browns winning some games last year sure put a dent in both Grossi and Cabot's output

    But Grossi did admit on Red Zone he was wrong about Baker. Where would we be if Mary Kay's fawning over busted knee Jimmy G had come to pass?

    If you ever read the comments on cleveland.com, there's still plenty of Negative Nancy's out there sucking up their spew. Why they still have jobs.

    @hoorta said:

    But Grossi did admit on Red Zone he was wrong about Baker. Where would we be if Mary Kay's fawning over busted knee Jimmy G had come to pass?

    If you ever read the comments on cleveland.com, there's still plenty of Negative Nancy's out there sucking up their spew. Why they still have jobs.

    Did he have any choice Larry?  That doesn't change his reputation for being a shit starter. One of my favorite things Gregg Williams did was put a very overconfident Grossi in his place in his very first presser.

  • Players didn't want anything to do with coming to the Browns because what Wickersham wrote was well-known in NFL circles. That's why players and coaches steered clear of here, not because reporters in town reported those facts. 

    If you think the Cleveland media can hold a candle to the media in Philly, Boston, New York in terms of being "tough" you are sadly mistaken. They are cream puffs in comparison. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    If you think the Cleveland media can hold a candle to the media in Philly, Boston, New York in terms of being "tough" you are sadly mistaken. They are cream puffs in comparison. 

    Let's tackle each large market you carefully selected:

    Philly seats 65,000 Ghoolies every home game and they're 5 Superbowl Championship Victories behind the NFL Team in Western PA but they have quite the barometer.

    As a resident of NY State the first 30 years of my life - the Giants have won 4 Superbowls (2 under Parcels and 2 over NE under Coughlin) so their expectation was to WIN the SB while Buffalo's smaller market expectation was to MAKE the SB (which they did 4 consecutive times).

    NE has 6 SB Championships today and a way higher expectation than they had in the 60s, 70s, and 80s.

    None of that gives me a reason to suddenly respect Mary Kay Cabot and Tony Grossi today.  That said, I've always respected the work of Pluto and I still do.  If you can't tell the difference why - it's because you don't want to. 

  • @hoorta said:

    But Grossi did admit on Red Zone he was wrong about Baker. Where would we be if Mary Kay's fawning over busted knee Jimmy G had come to pass?

    If you ever read the comments on cleveland.com, there's still plenty of Negative Nancy's out there sucking up their spew. Why they still have jobs.

    Did he have any choice Larry?  That doesn't change his reputation for being a shit starter. One of my favorite things Gregg Williams did was put a very overconfident Grossi in his place in his very first presser.

    @flugel said:

    Did he have any choice Larry?  That doesn't change his reputation for being a shit starter. One of my favorite things Gregg Williams did was put a very overconfident Grossi in his place in his very first presser.

    I've always kind of enjoyed listening to Tony Grossi even in the old days when he was doing the Doom and Gloom show with Les Levine, but the guy really doesn't know anything more about football than quite a few of the guys here on this board and probably doesn't write as well as some of them. I suppose his claim to fame is that in his position he has access to talking to a lot of the Insiders members and front-office people have the Cleveland Browns organization. That again I remember his reports, that he got from somebody, during the Johnny era when he would report how well things were going how hard Johnny was working at cetera Etc. Somebody was blowing smoke up his ass and when you have to fill a daily column how about the Cleveland Browns you pretty much have to write what you have.

    WSS

  • People are bitching about Grossi being negative? This team was soo bad that fans held a parade for going 0-16. I would be negative as fuck too if I was forced to watch that trash for a living, at least with the casual fan you can it turn off. I can't phantom enduring all the blown drafts, terrible WR signings, incompetent F/Os, idiotic owners he's had write about. Would it have made people feel better if he wrote puff pieces about a 1-15 team and that it was all sunshine and rainbows for Deshone Kizer

  • People are bitching about Grossi being negative? This team was soo bad that fans held a parade for going 0-16. I would be negative as fuck too if I was forced to watch that trash for a living, at least with the casual fan you can it turn off. I can't phantom enduring all the blown drafts, terrible WR signings, incompetent F/Os, idiotic owners he's had write about. Would it have made people feel better if he wrote puff pieces about a 1-15 team and that it was all sunshine and rainbows for Deshone Kizer

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    Would it have made people feel better if he wrote puff pieces about a 1-15 team and that it was all sunshine and rainbows for Deshone Kizer

    For many Browns fans, yes.

    It's why a hack like Nathan Zegura has a job. We know posters on here who probably love his mindless, homer drivel.  

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    Would it have made people feel better if he wrote puff pieces about a 1-15 team and that it was all sunshine and rainbows for Deshone Kizer

    For many Browns fans, yes.

    It's why a hack like Nathan Zegura has a job. We know posters on here who probably love his mindless, homer drivel.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    For many Browns fans, yes.

    It's why a hack like Nathan Zegura has a job. We know posters on here who probably love his mindless, homer drivel.  

    Why the hell not?

    ?‍♂️?‍♀️

    Or you can sit around and bitch and moan, how much fun is that? 31 teams aren't going to win the Superbowl.

    WSS

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For many Browns fans, yes.

    It's why a hack like Nathan Zegura has a job. We know posters on here who probably love his mindless, homer drivel.  

    Why the hell not?

    ?‍♂️?‍♀️

    Or you can sit around and bitch and moan, how much fun is that? 31 teams aren't going to win the Superbowl.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Why the hell not?

    ?‍♂️?‍♀️

    Or you can sit around and bitch and moan, how much fun is that? 31 teams aren't going to win the Superbowl.

    WSS

    Some people don't mind being pissed on and told it's rain, I guess. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    Why the hell not?

    ?‍♂️?‍♀️

    Or you can sit around and bitch and moan, how much fun is that? 31 teams aren't going to win the Superbowl.

    WSS

    Some people don't mind being pissed on and told it's rain, I guess. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Some people don't mind being pissed on and told it's rain, I guess. 

    Hey Nobody's forcing us to watch I guess. If it's that fucking painful there's always Lifetime, Oxygen or the Hallmark Channel.

    WSS

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Some people don't mind being pissed on and told it's rain, I guess. 

    Hey Nobody's forcing us to watch I guess. If it's that fucking painful there's always Lifetime, Oxygen or the Hallmark Channel.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Hey Nobody's forcing us to watch I guess. If it's that fucking painful there's always Lifetime, Oxygen or the Hallmark Channel.

    WSS

    HGTV. Project Runway 

  • @warriorsrpussies said:

    Would it have made people feel better if he wrote puff pieces about a 1-15 team and that it was all sunshine and rainbows for Deshone Kizer

    For many Browns fans, yes.

    It's why a hack like Nathan Zegura has a job. We know posters on here who probably love his mindless, homer drivel.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    For many Browns fans, yes.

    It's why a hack like Nathan Zegura has a job. We know posters on here who probably love his mindless, homer drivel.  

    I felt bad for him at times during the 1-31 run. He has to know his cring inducing takes but what can he do? He work directly for the Browns.

  • @westside-steve said:

    Hey Nobody's forcing us to watch I guess. If it's that fucking painful there's always Lifetime, Oxygen or the Hallmark Channel.

    WSS

    HGTV. Project Runway 

    @the-gipper said:

    HGTV. Project Runway 

    Project Runway is on Bravo.

    But that will work for anybody who is too angry to watch the Browns.

    WSS

  • @the-gipper said:

    HGTV. Project Runway 

    Project Runway is on Bravo.

    But that will work for anybody who is too angry to watch the Browns.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Project Runway is on Bravo.

    But that will work for anybody who is too angry to watch the Browns.

    WSS

    Project Runway is now back on Bravo....after a long run on Lifetime.

    But now, Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn are no longer a part of the show. They gave it up after many years.

  • I have no idea why so many of you love to hate Grossi. He simply reports what he sees and knows, and gives his opinion. On Baker Mayfield...how many of you can honestly say you wanted him as the first pick in the draft? I said HONESTLY. It sure as Hell wasn't me. I wanted Darnold. Thank God I'm not the GM. I've been listening to Grossi since the 80's....he may be wrong on his predictions, and choices of players, at times, but who isn't?  He criticizes when the team sucks. So do I. I don't see anything wrong with that. I've never seen him as being overly negative. He admits when he's wrong. A lot of you say he's too negative. It seems to me, now that the team shows it's becoming competitive, after 20 years of crap, Grossi is becoming a little too optimistic, if anything. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    HGTV. Project Runway 

    Project Runway is on Bravo.

    But that will work for anybody who is too angry to watch the Browns.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Project Runway is on Bravo.

    But that will work for anybody who is too angry to watch the Browns.

    WSS

    I thought Project Runway was about the Browns getting run-over during all those bad years. I guess I should have tuned in.?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Project Runway is on Bravo.

    But that will work for anybody who is too angry to watch the Browns.

    WSS

    I thought Project Runway was about the Browns getting run-over during all those bad years. I guess I should have tuned in.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I thought Project Runway was about the Browns getting run-over during all those bad years. I guess I should have tuned in.?

    Or a Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary

    WSS

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I thought Project Runway was about the Browns getting run-over during all those bad years. I guess I should have tuned in.?

    Or a Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Or a Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary

    WSS

    Too soon. ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I thought Project Runway was about the Browns getting run-over during all those bad years. I guess I should have tuned in.?

    Or a Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Or a Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary

    WSS

    Damn it, I don't know if I fully get the reference... It is because of the plane accident? Runway are the taking off/landing places in airports, aren't they?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I thought Project Runway was about the Browns getting run-over during all those bad years. I guess I should have tuned in.?

    Or a Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Or a Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary

    WSS

    Project Freebird straight from Sweet Home Alabama!?