Draft Day Trivia, First round QBs
-
No, you put it up, didn't get the answers and then replied they weren't going to answer themselves. You have also on others replied that nobody answered because they weren't smart enough.
Again I have NO ISSUE with you doing them. You just shouldn't hop on your high horse the way you do and always try and tell everyone how wrong they are. I have read so many times where you tell everyone how wrong they are on something, yet refuse to see their side (whether I agree or not). You don't just say, well I disagree and this is why, no you say "you are wrong..."
Again, as it is the one that sticks in my head, you said something about Clemson being the 1st one to go 15-0. And said how are they the 1st. When pointed out how, instead of saying, "yea I forgot about that one, etc" your answer is "I know how it happened."
Honestly, I don't think you are a bad guy, and most of the time I enjoy reading your stuff. Even if I don't answer, I actually like looking at your trivia stuff, but it runs me the wrong way when you seem like you always want to tell people they are wrong definitively, like you are smarter than everyone. At times, you seem to post like you deserve to be more of a fan than someone else, and deserve to be right about everything. To me, even if I think I am right, I try to realize that others have different opinions and are entitled to those.
Take care man, God Bless
No, you put it up, didn't get the answers and then replied they weren't going to answer themselves. You have also on others replied that nobody answered because they weren't smart enough.
I have probably only said that to you because of your kuntlike behavior
Again I have NO ISSUE with you doing them. You just shouldn't hop on your high horse the way you do and always try and tell everyone how wrong they are. I have read so many times where you tell everyone how wrong they are on something, yet refuse to see their side (whether I agree or not). You don't just say, well I disagree and this is why, no you say "you are wrong..."
I never have had problem with people giving wrong answers. I do respond "NO" in red when an answer is wrong. That is just for color coding purposes. Green is right, blue is partial answer, red is no. Maybe you get butthurt because you are offended at a Red NO..and you think that somehow that is me being pissy with people. Its not.
Again, as it is the one that sticks in my head, you said something about Clemson being the 1st one to go 15-0. And said how are they the 1st. When pointed out how, instead of saying, "yea I forgot about that one, etc" your answer is "I know how it happened."
I have made any number of mistakes on these. Even though it may seem that way, I am not infallible. I even overlooked something in this one that you caught...the Rams. I admit when I make a mistake of fact. And, in fact, on the Clemson one...I indeed said "I didn't catch that one".
Honestly, I don't think you are a bad guy, and most of the time I enjoy reading your stuff. Even if I don't answer, I actually like looking at your trivia stuff, but it runs me the wrong way when you seem like you always want to tell people they are wrong definitively,
Again, I just think you get butthurt at the big red NO's. That is all I can figure. So, maybe just for your future answers, I will give you a tiny pink no...just so you won't be offended.
like you are smarter than everyone. At times, you seem to post like you deserve to be more of a fan than someone else, and deserve to be right about everything.
Its not a matter of deserving to be right. Its just that I know this shit pretty good....and if I know that I am right....why should I cowtow to less informed persons.
See my Streets of Tombstone thread.
As for deserving to more of a fan....I have never said that. Nor think that. There are guys on here that have gone just as long as I have without having seen the Browns win a title....and a few of these guys spend thousands and thousands of dollars on PSLs, tickets, travel, concessions....a hell of a lot more than I have ever been willing to spend. Those guys are likely more "die hard" than I am...I readily admit that.
To me, even if I think I am right, I try to realize that others have different opinions and are entitled to those.
It is as I told my nephew who was with me on that Arizona/New Mex trip: Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but not everyone is entitled to their own set of facts.
And, of course, as you should know, in my business, facts are all important. It is my job to discern what the actual facts are. To weigh factual evidence. To gauage its credibility, to comprehend how two people can interpret the same facts differently.
Take care man, God Bless
-
Sorry Gipper, but I didn't go back and read the original post, since the others said 1950 in the post. Guess what, after seeing that I WAS WRONG there.
But, you might have contact nfl.com with this: 1960 it says Lucas with Bills. And no round with Norton.
Oops. I miscounted, so WRONG by me again, I have count of 7 for USC and Cal. Again, going of nfl.com.
And from my count, which certainly could be wrong, I have by what is listed, Colts with 9, Redskins with 8.
Sorry Gipper, but I didn't go back and read the original post, since the others said 1950 in the post. Guess what, after seeing that I WAS WRONG there.
But, you might have contact nfl.com with this: 1960 it says Lucas with Bills. And no round with Norton.
Oops. I miscounted, so WRONG by me again, I have count of 7 for USC and Cal. Again, going of nfl.com.
And from my count, which certainly could be wrong, I have by what is listed, Colts with 9, Redskins with 8.
Recall this: from like 1960-1965 there were drafts by both the AFL and the NFL. Lucas was likely drafted by both the Bills and the Redskins. (Joe Namath was drafted by the Cardinals of the NFL)
And I have given you the data from PFR. I don't know how PFR and NFL.com can have different information. I think the PFR stuff that I listed and referenced may have just been from the NFL...and not the AFL draft.
On Cal/USC....those ARE the two schools with the most QBs taken in round one since 1950...but on second check it is only 6 each, not 8. I think I just wrote down the wrong number when I listed this.
And fyi, Notre Dame, Oregon, and Stanford have 5 each, just after those two. (4 of those 5 schools are Pac 12!)
-
No, you put it up, didn't get the answers and then replied they weren't going to answer themselves. You have also on others replied that nobody answered because they weren't smart enough.
I have probably only said that to you because of your kuntlike behavior
Again I have NO ISSUE with you doing them. You just shouldn't hop on your high horse the way you do and always try and tell everyone how wrong they are. I have read so many times where you tell everyone how wrong they are on something, yet refuse to see their side (whether I agree or not). You don't just say, well I disagree and this is why, no you say "you are wrong..."
I never have had problem with people giving wrong answers. I do respond "NO" in red when an answer is wrong. That is just for color coding purposes. Green is right, blue is partial answer, red is no. Maybe you get butthurt because you are offended at a Red NO..and you think that somehow that is me being pissy with people. Its not.
Again, as it is the one that sticks in my head, you said something about Clemson being the 1st one to go 15-0. And said how are they the 1st. When pointed out how, instead of saying, "yea I forgot about that one, etc" your answer is "I know how it happened."
I have made any number of mistakes on these. Even though it may seem that way, I am not infallible. I even overlooked something in this one that you caught...the Rams. I admit when I make a mistake of fact. And, in fact, on the Clemson one...I indeed said "I didn't catch that one".
Honestly, I don't think you are a bad guy, and most of the time I enjoy reading your stuff. Even if I don't answer, I actually like looking at your trivia stuff, but it runs me the wrong way when you seem like you always want to tell people they are wrong definitively,
Again, I just think you get butthurt at the big red NO's. That is all I can figure. So, maybe just for your future answers, I will give you a tiny pink no...just so you won't be offended.
like you are smarter than everyone. At times, you seem to post like you deserve to be more of a fan than someone else, and deserve to be right about everything.
Its not a matter of deserving to be right. Its just that I know this shit pretty good....and if I know that I am right....why should I cowtow to less informed persons.
See my Streets of Tombstone thread.
As for deserving to more of a fan....I have never said that. Nor think that. There are guys on here that have gone just as long as I have without having seen the Browns win a title....and a few of these guys spend thousands and thousands of dollars on PSLs, tickets, travel, concessions....a hell of a lot more than I have ever been willing to spend. Those guys are likely more "die hard" than I am...I readily admit that.
To me, even if I think I am right, I try to realize that others have different opinions and are entitled to those.
It is as I told my nephew who was with me on that Arizona/New Mex trip: Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but not everyone is entitled to their own set of facts.
And, of course, as you should know, in my business, facts are all important. It is my job to discern what the actual facts are. To weigh factual evidence. To gauage its credibility, to comprehend how two people can interpret the same facts differently.
Take care man, God Bless
I wasn't just speaking about being right on the trivia, so the red doesn't constitute what I meaning. One example I can recall, and I actually agreed with you, was the thing with the Browns moving and being the same or different franchise. You just would not let the other person have their opinion, you just kept on telling him how wrong he was.
Facts are facts, but some of the things I have seen aren't just fact based. That is the ones I have an issue with. With trivia, 99% of time it is right or wrong.
As for only saying that to me, well this is the 1st one I remember doing, and as I said, I wasn't really trying to do it. The one that I recall, it was something with Ghoolie, maybe Steelers, and when nobody answered, your response was something of the effect of nobody was smart enough to answer them. That just came off arrogant to me. As I said earlier, I enjoy reading them, but don't feel like participating, but there are many reasons why they don't get answered.
In all honesty, I think a lot of my issues come from more than you, or this board. It just seems like with a lot of things now days that there is no more real discussion, its always an argument and nasty things. While I honestly didn't see an issue when I asked a pointed question a few weeks ago, you took it way too far in my opinion. Instead of just going with the "I don't find that question right to include my family" your reaction was to insult me.
I think we as people can disagree with people, but I don't think you will ever see me be cruel.
But it is what it is. You do you
Have a good one, God Bless
-
I wasn't just speaking about being right on the trivia, so the red doesn't constitute what I meaning. One example I can recall, and I actually agreed with you, was the thing with the Browns moving and being the same or different franchise. You just would not let the other person have their opinion, you just kept on telling him how wrong he was.
Facts are facts, but some of the things I have seen aren't just fact based. That is the ones I have an issue with. With trivia, 99% of time it is right or wrong.
As for only saying that to me, well this is the 1st one I remember doing, and as I said, I wasn't really trying to do it. The one that I recall, it was something with Ghoolie, maybe Steelers, and when nobody answered, your response was something of the effect of nobody was smart enough to answer them. That just came off arrogant to me. As I said earlier, I enjoy reading them, but don't feel like participating, but there are many reasons why they don't get answered.
In all honesty, I think a lot of my issues come from more than you, or this board. It just seems like with a lot of things now days that there is no more real discussion, its always an argument and nasty things. While I honestly didn't see an issue when I asked a pointed question a few weeks ago, you took it way too far in my opinion. Instead of just going with the "I don't find that question right to include my family" your reaction was to insult me.
I think we as people can disagree with people, but I don't think you will ever see me be cruel.
But it is what it is. You do you
Have a good one, God Bless
I wasn't just speaking about being right on the trivia, so the red doesn't constitute what I meaning. One example I can recall, and I actually agreed with you, was the thing with the Browns moving and being the same or different franchise. You just would not let the other person have their opinion, you just kept on telling him how wrong he was.
Facts are facts, but some of the things I have seen aren't just fact based. That is the ones I have an issue with. With trivia, 99% of time it is right or wrong.
The situation with the Browns is like the Trivia....there are FACTS that people must adhere to. There is NO opinion to whether or not the Browns franchised moved or did not move....It did NOT....and anyone that holds an "opinion" otherwise would be dead ass wrong factually. So, NO, I am NOT going to let anyone have an "opinion" that is at variance with the actual facts.
They can have an opinion on whether or not say, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady is the better QB....but the Cannot have an opinion on who threw more TD passes, or something definitive of that nature.
As for only saying that to me, well this is the 1st one I remember doing, and as I said, I wasn't really trying to do it. The one that I recall, it was something with Ghoolie, maybe Steelers, and when nobody answered, your response was something of the effect of nobody was smart enough to answer them. That just came off arrogant to me. As I said earlier, I enjoy reading them, but don't feel like participating, but there are many reasons why they don't get answered.
OK, so you are going to base it all on something I may have said to Ghoolie to get his goat. I think you know where that could have come from. Oi!
In all honesty, I think a lot of my issues come from more than you, or this board.
Have you talked to your therapist?
It just seems like with a lot of things now days that there is no more real discussion, its always an argument and nasty things. While I honestly didn't see an issue when I asked a pointed question a few weeks ago, you took it way too far in my opinion. Instead of just going with the "I don't find that question right to include my family" your reaction was to insult me.
I found you question insulting....ergo to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I guess you just gotta learn more physics.
I think we as people can disagree with people, but I don't think you will ever see me be cruel.
Nothing I have ever seen on here can be categorized as "cruel". Hell, back in the mid 60s in junior high school we had "slam fests" that were worse than anything I have seen on here. In my profession I have seen cruelty of various natures, including having had a serial killer for a client. Plus there are thing that spouses do to each other, and what they have done to their kids.
Nothing here is anything at all to be concerned with comparatively.
But it is what it is. You do you
Actually, I am known in my profession for being a bit too kind...too nice. I could never be the rabid raccoon that some clients have wanted me to be. That does not mean I don't present a point of view if necessary.....nor be a stern...corrective teacher at times.
-
You want cruelty?
Here you go.....my former client:
-
I wasn't just speaking about being right on the trivia, so the red doesn't constitute what I meaning. One example I can recall, and I actually agreed with you, was the thing with the Browns moving and being the same or different franchise. You just would not let the other person have their opinion, you just kept on telling him how wrong he was.
Facts are facts, but some of the things I have seen aren't just fact based. That is the ones I have an issue with. With trivia, 99% of time it is right or wrong.
The situation with the Browns is like the Trivia....there are FACTS that people must adhere to. There is NO opinion to whether or not the Browns franchised moved or did not move....It did NOT....and anyone that holds an "opinion" otherwise would be dead ass wrong factually. So, NO, I am NOT going to let anyone have an "opinion" that is at variance with the actual facts.
They can have an opinion on whether or not say, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady is the better QB....but the Cannot have an opinion on who threw more TD passes, or something definitive of that nature.
As for only saying that to me, well this is the 1st one I remember doing, and as I said, I wasn't really trying to do it. The one that I recall, it was something with Ghoolie, maybe Steelers, and when nobody answered, your response was something of the effect of nobody was smart enough to answer them. That just came off arrogant to me. As I said earlier, I enjoy reading them, but don't feel like participating, but there are many reasons why they don't get answered.
OK, so you are going to base it all on something I may have said to Ghoolie to get his goat. I think you know where that could have come from. Oi!
In all honesty, I think a lot of my issues come from more than you, or this board.
Have you talked to your therapist?
It just seems like with a lot of things now days that there is no more real discussion, its always an argument and nasty things. While I honestly didn't see an issue when I asked a pointed question a few weeks ago, you took it way too far in my opinion. Instead of just going with the "I don't find that question right to include my family" your reaction was to insult me.
I found you question insulting....ergo to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. I guess you just gotta learn more physics.
I think we as people can disagree with people, but I don't think you will ever see me be cruel.
Nothing I have ever seen on here can be categorized as "cruel". Hell, back in the mid 60s in junior high school we had "slam fests" that were worse than anything I have seen on here. In my profession I have seen cruelty of various natures, including having had a serial killer for a client. Plus there are thing that spouses do to each other, and what they have done to their kids.
Nothing here is anything at all to be concerned with comparatively.
But it is what it is. You do you
Actually, I am known in my profession for being a bit too kind...too nice. I could never be the rabid raccoon that some clients have wanted me to be. That does not mean I don't present a point of view if necessary.....nor be a stern...corrective teacher at times.
Yes, I agree with you on the franchise thing, but they are looking at it semantically. In any case, I believe that anything can be pointed out without the need to be harsh with it.
And no, you weren't saying it to Ghoolie, it was something about him being a jerk to Squealer fans, and you made a quiz, and then nobody answered and that was your response. Something like that.
And I guess you missed my point, while I don't find the question I asked insulting or offensive, the answer shouldn't be to one up the offensive act. It would be to explain why you found it offensive.
And sure, that is a lot crueler. I just used that work instead of mean, as I am sure someone could construe telling Ghoolie how he looked was mean. For lack of a better word, I meant cruel as in unnecessary meanness. Not to say you have done this, at least I don't remember it, you can have the same answer with a simple, "no that's wrong" or "you're an idiot." One comes off one way, the other a totally different way.
-
Yes, I agree with you on the franchise thing, but they are looking at it semantically. In any case, I believe that anything can be pointed out without the need to be harsh with it.
And no, you weren't saying it to Ghoolie, it was something about him being a jerk to Squealer fans, and you made a quiz, and then nobody answered and that was your response. Something like that.
And I guess you missed my point, while I don't find the question I asked insulting or offensive, the answer shouldn't be to one up the offensive act. It would be to explain why you found it offensive.
And sure, that is a lot crueler. I just used that work instead of mean, as I am sure someone could construe telling Ghoolie how he looked was mean. For lack of a better word, I meant cruel as in unnecessary meanness. Not to say you have done this, at least I don't remember it, you can have the same answer with a simple, "no that's wrong" or "you're an idiot." One comes off one way, the other a totally different way.
Yes, I agree with you on the franchise thing, but they are looking at it semantically. In any case, I believe that anything can be pointed out without the need to be harsh with it.
And no, you weren't saying it to Ghoolie, it was something about him being a jerk to Squealer fans, and you made a quiz, and then nobody answered and that was your response. Something like that.
And I guess you missed my point, while I don't find the question I asked insulting or offensive, the answer shouldn't be to one up the offensive act. It would be to explain why you found it offensive.
And sure, that is a lot crueler. I just used that work instead of mean, as I am sure someone could construe telling Ghoolie how he looked was mean. For lack of a better word, I meant cruel as in unnecessary meanness. Not to say you have done this, at least I don't remember it, you can have the same answer with a simple, "no that's wrong" or "you're an idiot." One comes off one way, the other a totally different way.
You’re really obsessed about this aren’t you. Why don’t you just try to be honest and answer the questions I put it on here honestly and we would be fine
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login