Skip to content

Zeitler

The Browns Board
66 25 2.8k
  • Beckham is a superstar. He and Landry are best friends and go waaay baaack. Two receivers that are on that level... who needs an offensive line. And Corbett is a freaking monster, Zeitler is good but he's 28 and good luck being able to get that level of value for him in a year or two from now. Strike while the iron is hot. It's playoff time! 

    @poeticg said:

    Two receivers that are on that level... who needs an offensive line. 

    Matty ice and the 2014 Falcons say hi. 

  • Beckham is a superstar. He and Landry are best friends and go waaay baaack. Two receivers that are on that level... who needs an offensive line. And Corbett is a freaking monster, Zeitler is good but he's 28 and good luck being able to get that level of value for him in a year or two from now. Strike while the iron is hot. It's playoff time! 

    @poeticg said:

    Beckham is a superstar. He and Landry are best friends and go waaay baaack. Two receivers that are on that level... who needs an offensive line. And Corbett is a freaking monster, Zeitler is good but he's 28 and good luck being able to get that level of value for him in a year or two from now. Strike while the iron is hot. It's playoff time! 

    28 is young for an OL....many of whom play til their late 30s.  At 28 he would be right in his prime.

  • why hate mess with ol if you can get beckham a superstar wr you got to do it!!!!

  • Not a chance on earth they cut him. The only way he is being moved is if its to acquire a huge signing impact player. Now one Twitter I read said NYC sports radio believes the Giants are getting Zeitler, Ogbah and 2nd and 4th for OBJ. Who knows, its silly season. The REALLY cool thing about silly season? All the big time players WANT to come here. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Not a chance on earth they cut him. The only way he is being moved is if its to acquire a huge signing impact player. Now one Twitter I read said NYC sports radio believes the Giants are getting Zeitler, Ogbah and 2nd and 4th for OBJ. Who knows, its silly season. The REALLY cool thing about silly season? All the big time players WANT to come here. 

    Said it before, the Browns are now in a position they don't have to be way too generous when trade discussions come up. And that's some Giants fans fantasy fleecing Cleveland.

    @poeticg said:

    Oh damn! Explosive~ 

    See above Po. Dorsey isn't going to overspend to bring in a head case second only to Antonio Brown just to make Landry happy. There's also a concept you're missing out on. It's called positional cap spending. We're already paying Jarvis a ton of money, and bringing in Beckham will cost even more. 

    Hey you want explosive? We'll throw Chubb and our first in on the above deal, if the Giants give us Saquon too. 😁

  • ”I wouldn’t feel confident describing them (the rumors) as serious. I think it’s the time of year where there are lots and lots and lots of conversations.”

    In addition, Kinkhabwala revealed that the Giants “laughed” at Dorsey’s offer of right guard Kevin Zeitler, defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah and an additional unnamed player in exchange for Beckham, who in his five years with the Giants has averaged 78 receptions, 1,095 yards and 8.8 touchdowns per year, while making three Pro Bowls. (Sadly, she did not report if the Giants responded to the trade request with the use of emojis.)

    Cleveland, Oakland, and San Fran are the biggest trade names...That would wipe a need off of the board..

  • ”I wouldn’t feel confident describing them (the rumors) as serious. I think it’s the time of year where there are lots and lots and lots of conversations.”

    In addition, Kinkhabwala revealed that the Giants “laughed” at Dorsey’s offer of right guard Kevin Zeitler, defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah and an additional unnamed player in exchange for Beckham, who in his five years with the Giants has averaged 78 receptions, 1,095 yards and 8.8 touchdowns per year, while making three Pro Bowls. (Sadly, she did not report if the Giants responded to the trade request with the use of emojis.)

    Cleveland, Oakland, and San Fran are the biggest trade names...That would wipe a need off of the board..

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    ”I wouldn’t feel confident describing them (the rumors) as serious. I think it’s the time of year where there are lots and lots and lots of conversations.”

    In addition, Kinkhabwala revealed that the Giants “laughed” at Dorsey’s offer of right guard Kevin Zeitler, defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah and an additional unnamed player in exchange for Beckham, who in his five years with the Giants has averaged 78 receptions, 1,095 yards and 8.8 touchdowns per year, while making three Pro Bowls. (Sadly, she did not report if the Giants responded to the trade request with the use of emojis.)

    Cleveland, Oakland, and San Fran are the biggest trade names...That would wipe a need off of the board..

    They can keep right on laughing if they think Dorsey is going to offer even that much...  I'm merging this with the Zeitler thread...   

  • ”I wouldn’t feel confident describing them (the rumors) as serious. I think it’s the time of year where there are lots and lots and lots of conversations.”

    In addition, Kinkhabwala revealed that the Giants “laughed” at Dorsey’s offer of right guard Kevin Zeitler, defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah and an additional unnamed player in exchange for Beckham, who in his five years with the Giants has averaged 78 receptions, 1,095 yards and 8.8 touchdowns per year, while making three Pro Bowls. (Sadly, she did not report if the Giants responded to the trade request with the use of emojis.)

    Cleveland, Oakland, and San Fran are the biggest trade names...That would wipe a need off of the board..

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    ”I wouldn’t feel confident describing them (the rumors) as serious. I think it’s the time of year where there are lots and lots and lots of conversations.”

    In addition, Kinkhabwala revealed that the Giants “laughed” at Dorsey’s offer of right guard Kevin Zeitler, defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah and an additional unnamed player in exchange for Beckham, who in his five years with the Giants has averaged 78 receptions, 1,095 yards and 8.8 touchdowns per year, while making three Pro Bowls. (Sadly, she did not report if the Giants responded to the trade request with the use of emojis.)

    Cleveland, Oakland, and San Fran are the biggest trade names...That would wipe a need off of the board..

    What would the Giants want in a trade?

  • @jcam222 said:

    Not a chance on earth they cut him. The only way he is being moved is if its to acquire a huge signing impact player. Now one Twitter I read said NYC sports radio believes the Giants are getting Zeitler, Ogbah and 2nd and 4th for OBJ. Who knows, its silly season. The REALLY cool thing about silly season? All the big time players WANT to come here. 

    Said it before, the Browns are now in a position they don't have to be way too generous when trade discussions come up. And that's some Giants fans fantasy fleecing Cleveland.

    @poeticg said:

    Oh damn! Explosive~ 

    See above Po. Dorsey isn't going to overspend to bring in a head case second only to Antonio Brown just to make Landry happy. There's also a concept you're missing out on. It's called positional cap spending. We're already paying Jarvis a ton of money, and bringing in Beckham will cost even more. 

    Hey you want explosive? We'll throw Chubb and our first in on the above deal, if the Giants give us Saquon too. 😁

    @hoorta said:

    See above Po. Dorsey isn't going to overspend to bring in a head case second only to Antonio Brown just to make Landry happy. There's also a concept you're missing out on. It's called positional cap spending. We're already paying Jarvis a ton of money, and bringing in Beckham will cost even more. 

    Hey you want explosive? We'll throw Chubb and our first in on the above deal, if the Giants give us Saquon too. 😁

    We have 80 Million in cap space for the 2019 season. I would worry about money if it gets us to the Superbowl. 

    I would trade Zeitler, Ogbah, Duke Johnson, Nick Chubb and a first, a second and a third for OBJ and Saquon. 

    The Browns offense would score 50 points a game. 

  • @hoorta said:

    See above Po. Dorsey isn't going to overspend to bring in a head case second only to Antonio Brown just to make Landry happy. There's also a concept you're missing out on. It's called positional cap spending. We're already paying Jarvis a ton of money, and bringing in Beckham will cost even more. 

    Hey you want explosive? We'll throw Chubb and our first in on the above deal, if the Giants give us Saquon too. 😁

    We have 80 Million in cap space for the 2019 season. I would worry about money if it gets us to the Superbowl. 

    I would trade Zeitler, Ogbah, Duke Johnson, Nick Chubb and a first, a second and a third for OBJ and Saquon. 

    The Browns offense would score 50 points a game. 

    @poeticg said:

    We have 80 Million in cap space for the 2019 season. I would worry about money if it gets us to the Superbowl. 

    I would trade Zeitler, Ogbah, Duke Johnson, Nick Chubb and a first, a second and a third for OBJ and Saquon. 

    The Browns offense would score 50 points a game. 

    tenor.gif

  • @poeticg said:

    We have 80 Million in cap space for the 2019 season. I would worry about money if it gets us to the Superbowl. 

    I would trade Zeitler, Ogbah, Duke Johnson, Nick Chubb and a first, a second and a third for OBJ and Saquon. 

    The Browns offense would score 50 points a game. 

    tenor.gif

    @tiamat63 said:

    tenor.gif

    It works awesome on Madden....

  • @hoorta said:

    See above Po. Dorsey isn't going to overspend to bring in a head case second only to Antonio Brown just to make Landry happy. There's also a concept you're missing out on. It's called positional cap spending. We're already paying Jarvis a ton of money, and bringing in Beckham will cost even more. 

    Hey you want explosive? We'll throw Chubb and our first in on the above deal, if the Giants give us Saquon too. 😁

    We have 80 Million in cap space for the 2019 season. I would worry about money if it gets us to the Superbowl. 

    I would trade Zeitler, Ogbah, Duke Johnson, Nick Chubb and a first, a second and a third for OBJ and Saquon. 

    The Browns offense would score 50 points a game. 

    @poeticg said:

    We have 80 Million in cap space for the 2019 season. I would worry about money if it gets us to the Superbowl. 

    I would trade Zeitler, Ogbah, Duke Johnson, Nick Chubb and a first, a second and a third for OBJ and Saquon. 

    The Browns offense would score 50 points a game. 

    Do you rate Saquon ?

  • Trading Zeitler (and others) for OBJr.     And since somebody mentioned Ghoolie in another thread:   Ghoolie would say, Trade that fatass and any other fatassess the Giants want for him.  Because fatasses are a dime a dozen and worth less than zero.

    But I maintain that part of the Giants problem has been their OL  (the fatasses).  I mean, the receivers and the QB can only make the OL look 'so' good.  The OL has fundamentally got to be able to pass block to some extent.  And I don't want OUR OL to wind up making Baker look more like Eli has looked.

  • @hoorta said:

    See above Po. Dorsey isn't going to overspend to bring in a head case second only to Antonio Brown just to make Landry happy. There's also a concept you're missing out on. It's called positional cap spending. We're already paying Jarvis a ton of money, and bringing in Beckham will cost even more. 

    Hey you want explosive? We'll throw Chubb and our first in on the above deal, if the Giants give us Saquon too. 😁

    We have 80 Million in cap space for the 2019 season. I would worry about money if it gets us to the Superbowl. 

    I would trade Zeitler, Ogbah, Duke Johnson, Nick Chubb and a first, a second and a third for OBJ and Saquon. 

    The Browns offense would score 50 points a game. 

    @poeticg said:

    We have 80 Million in cap space for the 2019 season. I would worry about money if it gets us to the Superbowl. 

    I would trade Zeitler, Ogbah, Duke Johnson, Nick Chubb and a first, a second and a third for OBJ and Saquon. 

    The Browns offense would score 50 points a game. 

    Let's scratch the Saquon part of the deal- because that's not happening, no way no how. Yanking your chain Po.  Let's see what (if the latest hot rumor comes to pass) how much the Bills have to give up to get Antonio Brown. That's pretty much going to set the market. If you think OBJ is worth a lot more, you'd be wong. Maybe a little more, because he's younger. But the Giants are going to want top dollar for him- they don't have to trade him- and we can just as easily draft one of the top WRs that's going to be there in the second round- at a way cheaper price. We don't absolutely need OBJ either.  Dorsey drafted Tyreek Hill, in case you forgot. 

  • @poeticg said:

    We have 80 Million in cap space for the 2019 season. I would worry about money if it gets us to the Superbowl. 

    I would trade Zeitler, Ogbah, Duke Johnson, Nick Chubb and a first, a second and a third for OBJ and Saquon. 

    The Browns offense would score 50 points a game. 

    Let's scratch the Saquon part of the deal- because that's not happening, no way no how. Yanking your chain Po.  Let's see what (if the latest hot rumor comes to pass) how much the Bills have to give up to get Antonio Brown. That's pretty much going to set the market. If you think OBJ is worth a lot more, you'd be wong. Maybe a little more, because he's younger. But the Giants are going to want top dollar for him- they don't have to trade him- and we can just as easily draft one of the top WRs that's going to be there in the second round- at a way cheaper price. We don't absolutely need OBJ either.  Dorsey drafted Tyreek Hill, in case you forgot. 

    @hoorta said:

    Let's scratch the Saquon part of the deal- because that's not happening, no way no how. Yanking your chain Po.  Let's see what (if the latest hot rumor comes to pass) how much the Bills have to give up to get Antonio Brown. That's pretty much going to set the market. If you think OBJ is worth a lot more, you'd be wong. Maybe a little more, because he's younger. But the Giants are going to want top dollar for him- they don't have to trade him- and we can just as easily draft one of the top WRs that's going to be there in the second round- at a way cheaper price. We don't absolutely need OBJ either.  Dorsey drafted Tyreek Hill, in case you forgot. 

    Yeah, I know we don't need him. I'd be happy with DK Metcalf but the chemistry with Landry and Baker would be amazing.

  • @hoorta said:

    Let's scratch the Saquon part of the deal- because that's not happening, no way no how. Yanking your chain Po.  Let's see what (if the latest hot rumor comes to pass) how much the Bills have to give up to get Antonio Brown. That's pretty much going to set the market. If you think OBJ is worth a lot more, you'd be wong. Maybe a little more, because he's younger. But the Giants are going to want top dollar for him- they don't have to trade him- and we can just as easily draft one of the top WRs that's going to be there in the second round- at a way cheaper price. We don't absolutely need OBJ either.  Dorsey drafted Tyreek Hill, in case you forgot. 

    Yeah, I know we don't need him. I'd be happy with DK Metcalf but the chemistry with Landry and Baker would be amazing.

    @poeticg said:

    Yeah, I know we don't need him. I'd be happy with DK Metcalf but the chemistry with Landry and Baker would be amazing.

    Metcalf is a physical freak. Some have questioned his ability to get in and out of breaks though. Some mocks have us taking Marquise Brown, but I just don't see it. He's sub smurf in size.  5' 9", 166. The Ohio State homer in me says take a serious look at Parris Campbell.Just as fast as Metcalf, and decent sized at 6' 0" 205. (which is an inch taller and 7 pounds heavier than OBJ) 

  • I know OBJ is an explosive player, but it would be unwise to trade Zeitler for  him and deplete that side of our line.

    It's great to have explosive players, but when Baker is taking hit after hit cause Corbett can't hang.... he will get injured..

    Go after that Metcalf kid, or Marquise Brown if we're gonna go the WR route..

  • @hoorta said:

    Let's scratch the Saquon part of the deal- because that's not happening, no way no how. Yanking your chain Po.  Let's see what (if the latest hot rumor comes to pass) how much the Bills have to give up to get Antonio Brown. That's pretty much going to set the market. If you think OBJ is worth a lot more, you'd be wong. Maybe a little more, because he's younger. But the Giants are going to want top dollar for him- they don't have to trade him- and we can just as easily draft one of the top WRs that's going to be there in the second round- at a way cheaper price. We don't absolutely need OBJ either.  Dorsey drafted Tyreek Hill, in case you forgot. 

    Yeah, I know we don't need him. I'd be happy with DK Metcalf but the chemistry with Landry and Baker would be amazing.

    @poeticg said:

    Yeah, I know we don't need him. I'd be happy with DK Metcalf but the chemistry with Landry and Baker would be amazing.

    You think Metcalf is worth trading UP for? Browns have traded back and aquired picks for as long as I can remember. Not too much trading up, especially in the higher rounds.. he would have to fall considerably for it to happen, I think

    Njoku is the best trade-up pick I would imagine, by a long margin. And Callaway, who the Browns traded up with the Patriots for ??

  • Our QB got hit like 9 times in the last 8 games or something like that.  Not sacked, HIT.  (I could be wrong on this stat, but I don't think so)

    If you have a stat like that, you don't have salary cap problems, and you want to run the ball...YOU DON'T TRADE AWAY ONE OF THE BEST OL IN FOOTBALL.  

  • Our QB got hit like 9 times in the last 8 games or something like that.  Not sacked, HIT.  (I could be wrong on this stat, but I don't think so)

    If you have a stat like that, you don't have salary cap problems, and you want to run the ball...YOU DON'T TRADE AWAY ONE OF THE BEST OL IN FOOTBALL.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Our QB got hit like 9 times in the last 8 games or something like that.  Not sacked, HIT.  (I could be wrong on this stat, but I don't think so)

    If you have a stat like that, you don't have salary cap problems, and you want to run the ball...YOU DON'T TRADE AWAY ONE OF THE BEST OL IN FOOTBALL.  

    You also don't use damn near a first rounder on a guy like Corbett to have him sit on the bench for a second season in a row. 

    Now, you might be right jiggins, but Corbett was taking someone's job this coming season. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Our QB got hit like 9 times in the last 8 games or something like that.  Not sacked, HIT.  (I could be wrong on this stat, but I don't think so)

    If you have a stat like that, you don't have salary cap problems, and you want to run the ball...YOU DON'T TRADE AWAY ONE OF THE BEST OL IN FOOTBALL.  

    You also don't use damn near a first rounder on a guy like Corbett to have him sit on the bench for a second season in a row. 

    Now, you might be right jiggins, but Corbett was taking someone's job this coming season. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    You also don't use damn near a first rounder on a guy like Corbett to have him sit on the bench for a second season in a row. 

    Now, you might be right jiggins, but Corbett was taking someone's job this coming season. 

    Earned or by "see what we have approach"...?  

    As history has shown, the latter tends to fail.