Skip to content

College Homer Thread - Draft Prospects

The Browns Board
12 5 222
  • Only player from tOSU this year that might be available to us is Parris Campbell.   Both as a potential BPA and need at some point.    Although Terry Mclaurin is certainly someone with potential late round interest.  

  • off topic but what do you think of playing peppers at LB

  • off topic but what do you think of playing peppers at LB

    @atom said:

    off topic but what do you think of playing peppers at LB

    Who you asking?

  • @atom said:

    off topic but what do you think of playing peppers at LB

    Who you asking?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Who you asking?

    whoever would like to answer but woody watched his career at m he may have some insight

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Who you asking?

    whoever would like to answer but woody watched his career at m he may have some insight

    @atom said:

    whoever would like to answer but woody watched his career at m he may have some insight

    In that case I'll bow out.  

  • @atom said:

    whoever would like to answer but woody watched his career at m he may have some insight

    In that case I'll bow out.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    In that case I'll bow out.  

    o.k 

    but do y think he would be able to make the switch ? hey  woody 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    In that case I'll bow out.  

    o.k 

    but do y think he would be able to make the switch ? hey  woody 

    @atom said:

    o.k 

    but do y think he would be able to make the switch ? hey  woody 

    He's primarily a box defender as is, which is exactly what he was drafted for - to help create 7 and 8man fronts when called on.   That tweener spot coaches call a Star, Rover, Spur, etc etc.    He can hold up in man underneath, shift out when needed, be the 5th man in pressure or come up as a fill/spill.      

    He has off ball linebacker like responsibilities now, the only difference is where else is aligns and the range of his abilities beyond that.    But if you're trying to have him man a classic WILL backer for somebody like Kirksey? Then not so much.  Doesn't really have the makeup to fill a role like that all season long.   

  • More or less what Tia said. New NFL, passing league, etc etc Pep can be that cover LB. Dime LB. Whatever. And he does stuff like that now.

    But he isn't big enough to take on blocks during a running play. He couldn't be a traditional LB. 

    I liked how he was used last year on D. New DC needs to stay creative with him on passing downs. But he isn't gonna line up on 1st down as a traditional LB

  • In the 1st round am a huge fan of drafting DT Christian Wilkins.. edge-Clelin Ferrell & C/G Garrett Bradbury of NC State i will keep my eyes on no matter where they play..In the 2nd/3rd rounds Chris Lindstrom will be a good Guard we won't draft but I have a list of 2 LB's Germaine Pratt/Tre Lamar, CB-Trayvon Mullen & WR Kelvin Harmon am keeping hopes on..RB- Bryce Love of Stanford went to a small high school in Raleigh,NC i use to watch & I wish him well recovering from injury.My Small School guy is T Olisaemeka Udoh..He comes from the Larry Ogun Small school of Elon College in NC.. he's 6'5" 323lbs..his prospect rank hangs around #180's--Like Matthew Dayes, I root for the long shots! he's my guy making a squad somewhere in the NFL..why not us?   

  • Draft as many Cleveland State football players as we can One of my alma mater’s

  • I think I change my pick. I didn't realize Jones bombed the combine so bad. 

    Maybe Michael Jordan then?