Skip to content

Who needs a QB?

The Browns Board
9 6 286 1
  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Which NFL team needs a QB  at this point in Free agency, or in the draft?

    As far as I can see, the following teams are set:

    NFC West:  Seattle/Wilson,  SFO/Garrapolo, Rams/Goff

    NFC South: ATL/Ryan,  Saints/Brees backed up by Bridgewater,  Carolina/Newton

    NFC North:  GB/Rodgers,  Chicago/Trubisky,  Lions/Stafford, Vikings/Cousins

    NFC East:  Dallas/Prescott,  Philly/Wentz

    AFC West: Raiders/Carr,  Chiefs/Mahomes

    AFC South:  Texans/Watson, Indy/Luck, Jags with Foles now, Titans/Mariota

    AFC North: Browns/Mayfield, Steelers/Ben R.,  Ravens/committed to Jackson

    AFC East: Jets/Darnold,  Bills/Allen

    The following teams seem to be on the fence with the guy they got:

    Cardinals....with Rosen?   Or do they want Murray

    Tampa Bay...sold on Winston? some say no

    Broncos with Flacco?   Is he just a stopgap?

    Cincinnati:   Dalton.  New coach may mean his mediocrity could cause change

    The following teams, in my mind, are definitely in the market for a new QB:

    New York Giants..for the eventual replacement for  Eli

    Washington Redskins.....Keenum, to me, just a guy to hold the spot until they draft someone

    Chargers....like Giants, need a guy to eventually take over for Rivers

    Dolphins....need a new guy instead of Tannehill.

    Patriots....eventual replacement for Brady needed.

    (also....should Steelers still be in the market for BR's eventual replacement.  Have Dobbs/Rudolph)

    What, if any solutions do you see to any of these team's needs?

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I would also think Derek Carr is on thin ice in Oakland...

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I just have a feeling that Josh Rosen we'll go to New England in a trade to be the eventual replacement for Tom Brady

  • I would also think Derek Carr is on thin ice in Oakland...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @nickers said:

    I would also think Derek Carr is on thin ice in Oakland...

    I think they give him this year for sure, what with AB now there....plus they got a LT to protect his blind side.  Plus, do not be surprised if they get a RB.

    They could use one of their 3 first round picks on a top rookie RB.  

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
    #5

    Gee I'd be completely surprised if Dorsey failed to tell all the other 31 teams in the league exactly what his plans are! Shocking.

    General managers in the NFL are known for their transparency and complete honesty.

    WSS

  • @nickers said:

    I would also think Derek Carr is on thin ice in Oakland...

    I think they give him this year for sure, what with AB now there....plus they got a LT to protect his blind side.  Plus, do not be surprised if they get a RB.

    They could use one of their 3 first round picks on a top rookie RB.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @the-gipper said:

    I think they give him this year for sure, what with AB now there....plus they got a LT to protect his blind side.  Plus, do not be surprised if they get a RB.

    They could use one of their 3 first round picks on a top rookie RB.  

    I heard some rumblings the Bell might wind up there...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #7

    Who needs a QB???     finally, Not Us ?  nickers  

  • @nickers said:

    I would also think Derek Carr is on thin ice in Oakland...

    I think they give him this year for sure, what with AB now there....plus they got a LT to protect his blind side.  Plus, do not be surprised if they get a RB.

    They could use one of their 3 first round picks on a top rookie RB.  

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @the-gipper said:

    I think they give him this year for sure, what with AB now there....plus they got a LT to protect his blind side.  Plus, do not be surprised if they get a RB.

    They could use one of their 3 first round picks on a top rookie RB.  

    While I agree with you that he probably gets this year, he should probably be in one of the other categories as I don't think they are set like the others. I'd say he's like Winston, Flacco, etc.

    I wouldn't be shocked to see him moved. And having AB there could also be a hindrance to him.

    Just a thought 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I think they give him this year for sure, what with AB now there....plus they got a LT to protect his blind side.  Plus, do not be surprised if they get a RB.

    They could use one of their 3 first round picks on a top rookie RB.  

    While I agree with you that he probably gets this year, he should probably be in one of the other categories as I don't think they are set like the others. I'd say he's like Winston, Flacco, etc.

    I wouldn't be shocked to see him moved. And having AB there could also be a hindrance to him.

    Just a thought 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @gunz41 said:

    While I agree with you that he probably gets this year, he should probably be in one of the other categories as I don't think they are set like the others. I'd say he's like Winston, Flacco, etc.

    I wouldn't be shocked to see him moved. And having AB there could also be a hindrance to him.

    Just a thought 

    I guess we shall see.