OBJ is a BROWN!!!!!
-
by Jack Winter March 25, 2019
https://clutchpoints.com/browns-news-odell-beckham-jr-promises-to-give-cleveland-his-all/
The NFL world was giddy earlier this month when the New York Giants finally caved under the pressure of an onerous rebuild and rumors of discontent by trading Odell Beckham, Jr.
Not only would the superstar wide receiver get a better opportunity to live up to his distinction as one of the league’s most gifted players while catching passes from rising star quarterback Baker Mayfield, but his presence on the Cleveland Browns – super aggressive in the opening days of the offseason – immediately made the league’s longest-suffering franchise more relevant than it had been in years.
Suddenly, the Browns were being talked about as perhaps the most exciting young team in football, with game-changing talent on both sides of the ball that even led some sports books to making them prohibitive favorites in the AFC North next season.
Beckham, though, didn’t quite share in that widespread excitement. In a deleted Instagram post last week, the three-time Pro Bowler wrote that he needed “some time to just vibe and get away” and “gather all my thoughts” after his trade to the Browns, which former Giants teammate Saquon Barkley said Beckham was not “really happy” about.
Less than a week later, Beckham’s mindset seems to have changed, sparked by a viral video of an exhilarated Browns fan’s audible yelps in reaction to news of the trade.
-
-
-
-
-
-
Pretty sure I "understood"... but lemme check...
Yup... I did...

Yeah, If I had hit the lottery, I'd want to spend April in Paris too... But I digress, just saw this little blurb.... We will introduce our new stud WR when he feels like it's time...
And don't ask stupid questions MKC....
-
-
Pretty sure I "understood"... but lemme check...
Yup... I did...

Yeah, If I had hit the lottery, I'd want to spend April in Paris too... But I digress, just saw this little blurb.... We will introduce our new stud WR when he feels like it's time...
And don't ask stupid questions MKC....
Yeah, If I had hit the lottery, I'd want to spend April in Paris too... But I digress, just saw this little blurb.... We will introduce our new stud WR when he feels like it's time...
And don't ask stupid questions MKC....
I once spent some of April in Paris....well, actually, it was May 1st when I arrived there. Springtime though...beautiful.
-
Pretty sure I "understood"... but lemme check...
Yup... I did...

Yeah, If I had hit the lottery, I'd want to spend April in Paris too... But I digress, just saw this little blurb.... We will introduce our new stud WR when he feels like it's time...
And don't ask stupid questions MKC....
-
Q: "What will be the first thing you say when you meet
@obj?" Freddie Kitchens: "Umm. I love you? Like, show me how to catch the ball with one hand?"OBJ responds
Odell Beckham Jr Retweeted Cleveland Browns


done and done
-
And don't ask stupid questions MKC....
Did you just go to Europe too?
H ommitted the noun (OBJ) and Tour asked if it was directed to him the question about the European vacances...
From Europe with love,
Nero
-
And don't ask stupid questions MKC....
Did you just go to Europe too?
H ommitted the noun (OBJ) and Tour asked if it was directed to him the question about the European vacances...
From Europe with love,
Nero
-
-
Here's how... http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26432284/this-real-how-browns-pulled-odell-beckham-jr-trade
Great read, darren, thanks...
My major takeaway is how this is a relationship-driven league when it comes to deal making. The fact that there's 30+ years between the Dorsey-Gettleman connection is testimony to this. But even that is not enough... deals have to be win-win in the minds of the GMs... especially when one (Gettleman in this case) has to endure fan disapproval.
And it's easy to see this latter part in deals JD has made that even his biggest backers 'round here have questioned as to whether we got enough for what we gave up. Sometimes you win a little less now to set up bigger deals in the future.
As big of a Sashi backer as I was, I know this was something he never understood. He tried to win every deal and that doesn't make friends which, unlike player evaluation, was part of his job description. Further he did not have the advantage of the past in football that Dorsey has which led to his relationship with Gettleman.
Other cool bits in the article that caught my eye:
- Kitch being "in the room" (JD's office) during the negotiations... love not only the trust this shows JD has in Kitch, but also the educational growth of Kitch.
- The Mayfield-Shepard connection that helped OBJ to get comfy with the move to CLE... not something I was aware of prior to this read.
- Ditto the LBJ-OBJ convo on CLE... namely "You'll love it."
- Lastly... Jimmah's apparent ease with having given up "control" to JD and... dare I say... apparent patience in saying, " "We're a lot better, but I think you have to realize we're two years away from not winning a game, right?"
-
Here's how... http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26432284/this-real-how-browns-pulled-odell-beckham-jr-trade
Great read, darren, thanks...
My major takeaway is how this is a relationship-driven league when it comes to deal making. The fact that there's 30+ years between the Dorsey-Gettleman connection is testimony to this. But even that is not enough... deals have to be win-win in the minds of the GMs... especially when one (Gettleman in this case) has to endure fan disapproval.
And it's easy to see this latter part in deals JD has made that even his biggest backers 'round here have questioned as to whether we got enough for what we gave up. Sometimes you win a little less now to set up bigger deals in the future.
As big of a Sashi backer as I was, I know this was something he never understood. He tried to win every deal and that doesn't make friends which, unlike player evaluation, was part of his job description. Further he did not have the advantage of the past in football that Dorsey has which led to his relationship with Gettleman.
Other cool bits in the article that caught my eye:
- Kitch being "in the room" (JD's office) during the negotiations... love not only the trust this shows JD has in Kitch, but also the educational growth of Kitch.
- The Mayfield-Shepard connection that helped OBJ to get comfy with the move to CLE... not something I was aware of prior to this read.
- Ditto the LBJ-OBJ convo on CLE... namely "You'll love it."
- Lastly... Jimmah's apparent ease with having given up "control" to JD and... dare I say... apparent patience in saying, " "We're a lot better, but I think you have to realize we're two years away from not winning a game, right?"
Great read, darren, thanks...
The Mayfield-Shepard connection that helped OBJ to get comfy with the move to CLE... not something I was aware of prior to this read.
Ditto the LBJ-OBJ convo on CLE... namely "You'll love it."
I'm surprised you didn't make that first connection with Shepard having been at Ok with Baker.
And I would think the connection between the two ex-LSU receivers had to be likely one hellofan influence as well.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


