Skip to content

Eric Berry?

The Browns Board
49 17 1.5k 1
  • nope...cant get on board with this...

  • Dorsey should have given them ogbah and another later round pick next year instead of pep. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I see you dumped My Ha Ha Clinton Dix post.

    Nevertheless......what about him?   

    Only 26 years old.   Free agent.

    He was rated behind Thomas, but ahead of the Honey Badger.

    I heard Redskins were trying to re-sign him. And thanks for sparing us the actual bag of dicks this time.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I heard Redskins were trying to re-sign him. And thanks for sparing us the actual bag of dicks this time.

    Z

    I heard the Browns were going to sign Thomas....and that didn't happen.   So, maybe we can still get him....if they want to get a  younger guy  (Berry is 30...Thomas is 30 in May, Dix is 26)

  • I would sign Thomas before Berry. I like them both, but the latter has been out of action for way too long.

  • I would sign Thomas before Berry. I like them both, but the latter has been out of action for way too long.

    @nero said:

    I would sign Thomas before Berry. I like them both, but the latter has been out of action for way too long.

    Wake UP!!!   Thomas is gone to the Ratfuckers.

  • @nero said:

    I would sign Thomas before Berry. I like them both, but the latter has been out of action for way too long.

    Wake UP!!!   Thomas is gone to the Ratfuckers.

    @the-gipper said:

    Wake UP!!!   Thomas is gone to the Ratfuckers.

    I entered this thread before noticing the other one. My fault. I still prefer Earl.

  • Was just released by the Chiefs 

  • Berry?  That's gonna be a no from me,  dawg - Randy Jackson style. 

  • Berry?  That's gonna be a no from me,  dawg - Randy Jackson style. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Berry?  That's gonna be a no from me,  dawg - Randy Jackson style. 

    Better than nothing.  And with his release, no compensation required.   Still only 30....as noted, only a few months older than Earl Thomas. 

    Not sure about his physical status.....or his current serviceability.  Can't trust the Chiefs to believe that "a guy they cut is no good"...hell, they cut or traded half their defense.

    Who has the scoop there?

    Can he fill the role?

  • Dorsey should have given them ogbah and another later round pick next year instead of pep. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Dorsey should have given them ogbah and another later round pick next year instead of pep. 

    Not done in a vacuum, they would have wanted/been willing to accept that over Peppers

  • If Berry is affordable. For a 1 or 2 year deal, I don’t see why not..

    Kindred showed that he can deliver some big hits but is he a starter? 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Dorsey should have given them ogbah and another later round pick next year instead of pep. 

    Not done in a vacuum, they would have wanted/been willing to accept that over Peppers

    @gunz41 said:

    Not done in a vacuum, they would have wanted/been willing to accept that over Peppers

    Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to move it that way, and they pushed back for Pep.

  • @gunz41 said:

    Not done in a vacuum, they would have wanted/been willing to accept that over Peppers

    Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to move it that way, and they pushed back for Pep.

    @mld-woody said:

    Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to move it that way, and they pushed back for Pep.

    Well that's why I would have offered an extra pick. Obviously 1 to 1 pep is FAR more valuable than ogbah. Who I think if he gets cut, might be in the AAF soon.

  • Berry?  That's gonna be a no from me,  dawg - Randy Jackson style. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Berry?  That's gonna be a no from me,  dawg - Randy Jackson style. 

    Curious why you feel that way. Tbh hes not gonna get any sort of big money contract and even though hes 30 he essentially has been off two years.

    Is it injury bug or level of play you've seen?

  • @mld-woody said:

    Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to move it that way, and they pushed back for Pep.

    Well that's why I would have offered an extra pick. Obviously 1 to 1 pep is FAR more valuable than ogbah. Who I think if he gets cut, might be in the AAF soon.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Well that's why I would have offered an extra pick. Obviously 1 to 1 pep is FAR more valuable than ogbah. Who I think if he gets cut, might be in the AAF soon.

    Then why would the Giants do that? I understand looking at it from a Browns perspective, but there is the other side. Maybe the Giants value Peppers at a 2nd, so that would then be 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Ogbah. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Berry?  That's gonna be a no from me,  dawg - Randy Jackson style. 

    Curious why you feel that way. Tbh hes not gonna get any sort of big money contract and even though hes 30 he essentially has been off two years.

    Is it injury bug or level of play you've seen?

    @jrb12711 said:

    Curious why you feel that way. Tbh hes not gonna get any sort of big money contract and even though hes 30 he essentially has been off two years.

    Is it injury bug or level of play you've seen?

    Injury bug effecting play and possibly taking away snaps from younger players in need that have a better shot of staying healthy thus available. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to move it that way, and they pushed back for Pep.

    Well that's why I would have offered an extra pick. Obviously 1 to 1 pep is FAR more valuable than ogbah. Who I think if he gets cut, might be in the AAF soon.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Well that's why I would have offered an extra pick. Obviously 1 to 1 pep is FAR more valuable than ogbah. Who I think if he gets cut, might be in the AAF soon.

    There are two or three teams interested in Ogbah including Dallas & Philly.

  • I could get down with Berry. He's cheaper than ET3 would be anyway. Sure he's been injured, but he's a hard hitter and we could get him for cheaper. I doubt we get him though because I think we're going to go for a younger safety.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Berry?  That's gonna be a no from me,  dawg - Randy Jackson style. 

    Better than nothing.  And with his release, no compensation required.   Still only 30....as noted, only a few months older than Earl Thomas. 

    Not sure about his physical status.....or his current serviceability.  Can't trust the Chiefs to believe that "a guy they cut is no good"...hell, they cut or traded half their defense.

    Who has the scoop there?

    Can he fill the role?

    @the-gipper said:

    Better than nothing.  And with his release, no compensation required.   Still only 30....as noted, only a few months older than Earl Thomas. 

    Not sure about his physical status.....or his current serviceability.  Can't trust the Chiefs to believe that "a guy they cut is no good"...hell, they cut or traded half their defense.

    Who has the scoop there?

    Can he fill the role?

    Chiefs released him instead of paying him $7 million guaranteed on 3\15.  I'm no cap guru, but it looks like the Chiefs are eating around $14 million in dead money this year. 

    Physical status?  played in a total of three games the past two seasons. Far too big a health risk in my book, but ESPN says the Cowboys are interested. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Better than nothing.  And with his release, no compensation required.   Still only 30....as noted, only a few months older than Earl Thomas. 

    Not sure about his physical status.....or his current serviceability.  Can't trust the Chiefs to believe that "a guy they cut is no good"...hell, they cut or traded half their defense.

    Who has the scoop there?

    Can he fill the role?

    Chiefs released him instead of paying him $7 million guaranteed on 3\15.  I'm no cap guru, but it looks like the Chiefs are eating around $14 million in dead money this year. 

    Physical status?  played in a total of three games the past two seasons. Far too big a health risk in my book, but ESPN says the Cowboys are interested. 

    @hoorta said:

    Chiefs released him instead of paying him $7 million guaranteed on 3\15.  I'm no cap guru, but it looks like the Chiefs are eating around $14 million in dead money this year. 

    Physical status?  played in a total of three games the past two seasons. Far too big a health risk in my book, but ESPN says the Cowboys are interested. 

    I say we take chance and move back up into the first to get Devin White by giving them our first next year, Duke Johnson and some cash...