Skip to content

RB Group

The Browns Board
19 9 473
  • @orion said:

    So, in my world, I wouldn't trade Duke. 

    Not for anything???

    Not in Week 9?

    @tour2ma said:

    Not for anything???  ...certainly not just to move on from him.  

    Not in Week 9?  ...did they push back the trade deadline?

    My point here is that if Chubb gets dinged or hurt...who's gonna play?  Do we really like HIlliard better than Duke?  (by 'we' I mean Dorsey & Kitchens I guess)

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not for anything???  ...certainly not just to move on from him.  

    Not in Week 9?  ...did they push back the trade deadline?

    My point here is that if Chubb gets dinged or hurt...who's gonna play?  Do we really like HIlliard better than Duke?  (by 'we' I mean Dorsey & Kitchens I guess)

    @orion said:

    Do we really like HIlliard better than Duke? 

    Probably not, but the right question is what draft pick(s) plus Hilliard do we like better than Duke?

  • Also must consider that Hunt's return would allow us to upgrade a position where we have suffered injury in a player-for-player trade with a team in need of quality, 3rd-down RB.

  • @orion said:

    Do we really like HIlliard better than Duke? 

    Probably not, but the right question is what draft pick(s) plus Hilliard do we like better than Duke?

    @tour2ma said:

    Probably not, but the right question is what draft pick(s) plus Hilliard do we like better than Duke?

    ....I understand that there's a price for everybody (almost everybody).  I just think Duke's kinda' valuable this season, with the Hunt suspension.

  • Also must consider that Hunt's return would allow us to upgrade a position where we have suffered injury in a player-for-player trade with a team in need of quality, 3rd-down RB.

    @tour2ma said:

    Also must consider that Hunt's return would allow us to upgrade a position where we have suffered injury in a player-for-player trade with a team in need of quality, 3rd-down RB.

    Hilliard has more value on St as well, decent returner iirc

  • @tour2ma said:

    Probably not, but the right question is what draft pick(s) plus Hilliard do we like better than Duke?

    ....I understand that there's a price for everybody (almost everybody).  I just think Duke's kinda' valuable this season, with the Hunt suspension.

    @orion said:

    ....I understand that there's a price for everybody (almost everybody).  I just think Duke's kinda' valuable this season, with the Hunt suspension.

    So keep him thru the Hunt suspension... then trade him... easy peasy...

  • Duke Johnson’s days with the Cleveland Browns ‘have been numbered’

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/03/16/duke-johnsons-days-playing-for-the-cleveland-browns-have-been-numbered/

    But even with Hunt’s suspension, his signing in February likely signaled the end of Johnson’s time in a Cleveland Browns uniform. During an interview with 92.3 The Fan, Browns reporter Daryl Ruiter said Hunt’s suspension will not prevent general manager John Dorsey from trading Johnson and the team will have time to replace the running back.

    “They don’t play a game for six months, so you’ve got free agency, you’ve still got the draft, you can still make a trade. They’ve got plenty of time to figure that aspect out. Once they signed Kareem Hunt in February, Duke Johnson’s days with the Cleveland Browns became numbered. It’s just a matter of when does that come to an end.” – Daryl Ruiter

  • Duke Johnson’s days with the Cleveland Browns ‘have been numbered’

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/03/16/duke-johnsons-days-playing-for-the-cleveland-browns-have-been-numbered/

    But even with Hunt’s suspension, his signing in February likely signaled the end of Johnson’s time in a Cleveland Browns uniform. During an interview with 92.3 The Fan, Browns reporter Daryl Ruiter said Hunt’s suspension will not prevent general manager John Dorsey from trading Johnson and the team will have time to replace the running back.

    “They don’t play a game for six months, so you’ve got free agency, you’ve still got the draft, you can still make a trade. They’ve got plenty of time to figure that aspect out. Once they signed Kareem Hunt in February, Duke Johnson’s days with the Cleveland Browns became numbered. It’s just a matter of when does that come to an end.” – Daryl Ruiter

    @tour2ma said:

    Duke Johnson’s days with the Cleveland Browns ‘have been numbered’

    https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/03/16/duke-johnsons-days-playing-for-the-cleveland-browns-have-been-numbered/

    But even with Hunt’s suspension, his signing in February likely signaled the end of Johnson’s time in a Cleveland Browns uniform. During an interview with 92.3 The Fan, Browns reporter Daryl Ruiter said Hunt’s suspension will not prevent general manager John Dorsey from trading Johnson and the team will have time to replace the running back.

    “They don’t play a game for six months, so you’ve got free agency, you’ve still got the draft, you can still make a trade. They’ve got plenty of time to figure that aspect out. Once they signed Kareem Hunt in February, Duke Johnson’s days with the Cleveland Browns became numbered. It’s just a matter of when does that come to an end.” – Daryl Ruiter

    So how good are your inside contacts Daryl?  With all the background noise that there was something up with the Browns and OBJ- that I thought was clickbait nonsense- Well, there's an equal amount floating around regarding Duke. 

    Means:

    1) Dorsey is sure HIlliard is an adequate stopgap.

    2) JD is looking for another draft pick in April to have some ammo to move up if he sees a player he wants. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Probably not, but the right question is what draft pick(s) plus Hilliard do we like better than Duke?

    ....I understand that there's a price for everybody (almost everybody).  I just think Duke's kinda' valuable this season, with the Hunt suspension.

    @orion said:

    ....I understand that there's a price for everybody (almost everybody).  I just think Duke's kinda' valuable this season, with the Hunt suspension.

     unless Dorsey truly does walk on water😉..we are on the hook for Duke's new dollars of 1.8M guaranteed by June 1st..He gets no roster bonus. Duke gets 400k/per game bonus..dorsey should try the other golden Giant, Tom Coughlin at Jags to see if Jalen Ramsey is about to cause him a stroke..Come one..Come all..  

  • @orion said:

    So, in my world, I wouldn't trade Duke. 

    Not for anything???

    Not in Week 9?

    @tour2ma said:

    Not for anything???

    Not in Week 9?

    Second rounder. Week 12

  • I would keep him until week 8 and trade him after Hunt joins the team. That said I really dont know a thing about our other 2 guys. If the staff thinks they are better than Duke I would move him now. Hate it as he seems a super nice and loyal kid but its a business. 

    I really do not understand why he as been utilized so little over the last 3 years. There has to be some reason. Out of the backfield as a receiver he is dynamic IMO. 

  • I would keep him until week 8 and trade him after Hunt joins the team. That said I really dont know a thing about our other 2 guys. If the staff thinks they are better than Duke I would move him now. Hate it as he seems a super nice and loyal kid but its a business. 

    I really do not understand why he as been utilized so little over the last 3 years. There has to be some reason. Out of the backfield as a receiver he is dynamic IMO. 

    @jcam222 said:

    about our other 2 guys. If the staff thinks they are better than Duke I would move him now.

    If that's the case then his value to us is quite low.

    ...I can't find a date for this year's trading deadline.  Last year it was Oct 30th.

  • @jcam222 said:

    about our other 2 guys. If the staff thinks they are better than Duke I would move him now.

    If that's the case then his value to us is quite low.

    ...I can't find a date for this year's trading deadline.  Last year it was Oct 30th.

    @orion said:

    ...I can't find a date for this year's trading deadline.  Last year it was Oct 30th.

    the nfl league suits set the date at their annual league meetings march 24th-27th..They are in Phoenix AZ, where Roger will ignore Kyler Murray as the door greeter 😁 

  • True, but end of October is pretty normal...