Skip to content

Baker Mayfield bats left handed

The Browns Board
45 16 4.9k 1
  • @ibleedbrown said:

    That’s all l got. Just thought it was interesting.

    273DAA2D-0D94-4DDE-ACD8-E8989ECDD541.png

    Have your dominant hand leading... 

    When we got OT regarding tennis players, several great lefties...  McEnroe, and Nadal. As a leftie myself, that's the first thing I notice when another person picks up a pen... In one handed sports (tennis bowling), I'm left handed all the way. In golf, it doesn't matter so much. Before I gave up the incredibly frustrating game, I golf right. Yeah, I tried a set of left handed clubs for kicks and giggles. 

    My all-time favorite, and trivia- one of the all- time greats golfs right, and is left handed- Jack Nicklaus. Nickers will know in music the famous lefties are\were Hendrix and Cobain. (Yeah I play guitar left handed, and not very well either) 

    I still don't understand, and there's no logical reason why a person would favor one hand over the other, but I believe it's about 70-80% of people are right handed.  (in my family of eight, where our parents made no big deal out of it, it's R6, L2) go figure. 

    @hoorta said:

    Have your dominant hand leading... 

    When we got OT regarding tennis players, several great lefties...  McEnroe, and Nadal. As a leftie myself, that's the first thing I notice when another person picks up a pen... In one handed sports (tennis bowling), I'm left handed all the way. In golf, it doesn't matter so much. Before I gave up the incredibly frustrating game, I golf right. Yeah, I tried a set of left handed clubs for kicks and giggles. 

    My all-time favorite, and trivia- one of the all- time greats golfs right, and is left handed- Jack Nicklaus. Nickers will know in music the famous lefties are\were Hendrix and Cobain. (Yeah I play guitar left handed, and not very well either) 

    I still don't understand, and there's no logical reason why a person would favor one hand over the other, but I believe it's about 70-80% of people are right handed.  (in my family of eight, where our parents made no big deal out of it, it's R6, L2) go figure. 

    Rafael Nadal is right handed but was forced by his uncle to play left handed in his childhood. I don't know if it was forced or something like 'if you can play with both, play with left.' He does everything else with his right hand I believe.

  • Buncha switch hitters in here...

    ???

    @kvoethe said:

    Buncha switch hitters in here...

    ???

    In more ways than one if you get my drift?

  • @hoorta said:

    Since you want to bring up guns- I'm probably right eye dominant- I shoot a long gun right handed. I just found it easier to hold the gun steady with my stronger hand. Add in, without a left handed shotgun, you're seeing spent ammo flying across your face with a semi-auto if you try and shoot left handed.  More trivia for those who don't realize it- besides the vast majority of people having a dominant hand (there are a few, very few truly ambidextrous people) you also have a dominant eye.  

    PS- thanks to those Ursuline Sisters back in grade school if I ever lost the use of my left hand- I can write semi-legibly with my right, but it's a real struggle. 

    However the truly best ambidextrous pro sports players have to be soccer players. They handle that ball equally well with either leg/foot. It's years and years of practice starting as very small kids. I first encountered it in Venezuela where it is one of the two national sports (baseball being the other). Even though I was a decent athlete, I was never up to the level of the best Venezuelan soccer players I encountered. They just had too many more years of daily practice than I did. Now baseball I could match. But not soccer. I sometimes watched in awe as they dribbled right through us. Fortunately we had a few Venezuelan players in our school that kept our loses reasonable and our few wins cause for major celebration.

    @texasag1969 said:

    However the truly best ambidextrous pro sports players have to be soccer players. They handle that ball equally well with either leg/foot. It's years and years of practice starting as very small kids. I first encountered it in Venezuela where it is one of the two national sports (baseball being the other). Even though I was a decent athlete, I was never up to the level of the best Venezuelan soccer players I encountered. They just had too many more years of daily practice than I did. Now baseball I could match. But not soccer. I sometimes watched in awe as they dribbled right through us. Fortunately we had a few Venezuelan players in our school that kept our loses reasonable and our few wins cause for major celebration.

    I can kick ass with both legs. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Have your dominant hand leading... 

    When we got OT regarding tennis players, several great lefties...  McEnroe, and Nadal. As a leftie myself, that's the first thing I notice when another person picks up a pen... In one handed sports (tennis bowling), I'm left handed all the way. In golf, it doesn't matter so much. Before I gave up the incredibly frustrating game, I golf right. Yeah, I tried a set of left handed clubs for kicks and giggles. 

    My all-time favorite, and trivia- one of the all- time greats golfs right, and is left handed- Jack Nicklaus. Nickers will know in music the famous lefties are\were Hendrix and Cobain. (Yeah I play guitar left handed, and not very well either) 

    I still don't understand, and there's no logical reason why a person would favor one hand over the other, but I believe it's about 70-80% of people are right handed.  (in my family of eight, where our parents made no big deal out of it, it's R6, L2) go figure. 

    Rafael Nadal is right handed but was forced by his uncle to play left handed in his childhood. I don't know if it was forced or something like 'if you can play with both, play with left.' He does everything else with his right hand I believe.

    @nero said:

    Rafael Nadal is right handed but was forced by his uncle to play left handed in his childhood. I don't know if it was forced or something like 'if you can play with both, play with left.' He does everything else with his right hand I believe.

    Didn't know that- and with the preponderance of guys using two handed backhands today probably not unusual. On lower level tennis, lots of guys have trouble with left handed players because of the reverse spin on serves. But my good friend and doubles partner- we were almost equal in ability- we practiced against each other so much- for him,  it was pretty easy when he ran across a left handed player in a tournament. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    However the truly best ambidextrous pro sports players have to be soccer players. They handle that ball equally well with either leg/foot. It's years and years of practice starting as very small kids. I first encountered it in Venezuela where it is one of the two national sports (baseball being the other). Even though I was a decent athlete, I was never up to the level of the best Venezuelan soccer players I encountered. They just had too many more years of daily practice than I did. Now baseball I could match. But not soccer. I sometimes watched in awe as they dribbled right through us. Fortunately we had a few Venezuelan players in our school that kept our loses reasonable and our few wins cause for major celebration.

    I can kick ass with both legs. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I can kick ass with both legs. 

    Hmmmm, now that you're into legs- I was the designated punter in our street football games, and I punt with my right foot.  

  • Want some real fun?

    Try to pitch, from the stretch, with your off-hand. 

    Not only are you trying to throw with your wrong arm, but your whole mechanics get thrown off. You'll instinctively try to raise your wrong leg the first few times. ?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I can kick ass with both legs. 

    Hmmmm, now that you're into legs- I was the designated punter in our street football games, and I punt with my right foot.  

    @hoorta said:

    Hmmmm, now that you're into legs- I was the designated punter in our street football games, and I punt with my right foot.  

    In kickball l kicked with my left foot! It was also my most natural feeling leading leg over hurdles. 

  • Want some real fun?

    Try to pitch, from the stretch, with your off-hand. 

    Not only are you trying to throw with your wrong arm, but your whole mechanics get thrown off. You'll instinctively try to raise your wrong leg the first few times. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    You'll instinctively try to raise your wrong leg the first few times. ?

    At my age I only raise my leg to pee...

    Meanwhile... why was Baker effin' around with the Brewers instead of the Tribe?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You'll instinctively try to raise your wrong leg the first few times. ?

    At my age I only raise my leg to pee...

    Meanwhile... why was Baker effin' around with the Brewers instead of the Tribe?

    @tour2ma said:

    At my age I only raise my leg to pee...

    So your wife's idea of "dogging it" is to take you for a walk on your leash??? Very entertaining for the cat anyway.?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You'll instinctively try to raise your wrong leg the first few times. ?

    At my age I only raise my leg to pee...

    Meanwhile... why was Baker effin' around with the Brewers instead of the Tribe?

    @tour2ma said:

    At my age I only raise my leg to pee...

    Meanwhile... why was Baker effin' around with the Brewers instead of the Tribe?

    He's good friends with Christian Yelich I believe. 

  • As a climber, congrats Haloti, great way to go out...  

  • Still salty the Browns didn't draft him. 

  • Still salty the Browns didn't draft him. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Still salty the Browns didn't draft him. 

    But we got Kameron Wimbley!!! 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Still salty the Browns didn't draft him. 

    But we got Kameron Wimbley!!! 

    @hoorta said:

    But we got Kameron Wimbley!!! 

    A serious waste of a draft selection

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Still salty the Browns didn't draft him. 

    But we got Kameron Wimbley!!! 

    @hoorta said:

    But we got Kameron Wimbley!!! 

    He had a weird career... great start, then 'eh', but stuck around the league for quite awhile. 

  • Haloti, you were a beast.

    Congrats and good luck in your retirement.

  • I saw Baker at the Tribe game Saturday. It’s great to see him hanging out and getting to know the city and it’s people.  Looks like he’s in the process of adopting a city. I’m sure the people of Cleveland will show their appreciation at that. 

  • I saw Baker at the Tribe game Saturday. It’s great to see him hanging out and getting to know the city and it’s people.  Looks like he’s in the process of adopting a city. I’m sure the people of Cleveland will show their appreciation at that. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I saw Baker at the Tribe game Saturday. It’s great to see him hanging out and getting to know the city and it’s people.  Looks like he’s in the process of adopting a city. I’m sure the people of Cleveland will show their appreciation at that. 

    There are several Browns players like Baker, Myles, Jarvis, etc. who are involved in various community activities in the Cleveland area together. Most are for charity. Love these guys!

  • A little OT, but guess who else bats left handed. 😁 Must be a trend...