Skip to content

WR assignments

The Browns Board
8 8 379
  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    I see almost everywhere people talking about having OBJ and Jarvis outside with Callaway in the slot. Do you all think that will be the 3 wide set? I would think it makes sense to put OBJ and Callaway on the outside and put Jarvis back in the slot where he excelled most of his pro career. Thoughts?

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Totally agree.

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Obj and Higgins wide with Landry in the slot. Callaway secret weapon that lines up all over.

    Z

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Landry is a slot receiver

    He wants OBJ here to free it up for him 

  • I see almost everywhere people talking about having OBJ and Jarvis outside with Callaway in the slot. Do you all think that will be the 3 wide set? I would think it makes sense to put OBJ and Callaway on the outside and put Jarvis back in the slot where he excelled most of his pro career. Thoughts?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #5

    @jcam222 said:

    I see almost everywhere people talking about having OBJ and Jarvis outside with Callaway in the slot. Do you all think that will be the 3 wide set? I would think it makes sense to put OBJ and Callaway on the outside and put Jarvis back in the slot where he excelled most of his pro career. Thoughts?

    I think that's going to be the principle set, but we are going to see all three get turns at the slot in any given game.

    And we are going to see a lot of 3-WR sets...

  • CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by
    #6

    Landry does thrive in the slot. That being said, I’m sure they’ll mix it up to keep teams off balance.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #7

    11 personnel is going to be the staple of this offense moving forward.  

    So you can expect our rotations from OBD,  Landry,  Higgy, Njoku and Callaway to be all over.    But of all the receivers I would expect the favorable matchups on nickel DB's,  backers and safeties to be engineered for Landry and Njoku.  

    Then again that depends on formation and what we're trying to do.   Ever cover a #3 on a deep over in a single single high?  It's a MF.  Especially if that #3 is OBD. 

    Keep in mind there are a lot of looks beyond the simple 2x2 in line.  You can  have 3x1 inline, Trey, quads, 2x2 split,  etc etc.  

    A lot of good players to be creative with. 

  • Landry is a slot receiver

    He wants OBJ here to free it up for him 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @browns149 said:

    Landry is a slot receiver

    He wants OBJ here to free it up for him 

    And he will