Skip to content

Gettleman Speaks RE OBJ Trade

The Browns Board
15 10 565
  • @darren15 said:

    D187AjZWwAAl5tW.jpg

    That shirt instantly made my gift list when I saw it recently.

    Mike

  • @darren15 said:

    D187AjZWwAAl5tW.jpg

    That shirt instantly made my gift list when I saw it recently.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    That shirt instantly made my gift list when I saw it recently.

    Mike

    I thought the same thing.  

    I'm also considering buying an Eric Kush jersey. Too hilarious he'll be listed as OG Kush on the stat sheet

  • When you look at the total trade, I don't think the Giants got rooked.  They needed a interior lineman and got a good one in Zeitler.  Peppers can step in the the Landry role and do well.  Add in a good 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder and they can be a much better team then had they kept OBJ.

    It was a win/win deal IMO.

  • When you look at the total trade, I don't think the Giants got rooked.  They needed a interior lineman and got a good one in Zeitler.  Peppers can step in the the Landry role and do well.  Add in a good 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder and they can be a much better team then had they kept OBJ.

    It was a win/win deal IMO.

    @ballpeen said:

    When you look at the total trade, I don't think the Giants got rooked.  They needed a interior lineman and got a good one in Zeitler.  Peppers can step in the the Landry role and do well.  Add in a good 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder and they can be a much better team then had they kept OBJ.

    It was a win/win deal IMO.

    I think we won overall but both teams won. Also while including Zeitler in the trade don't forget they lost the pass rush of Vernon also not just obj.

  • When you look at the total trade, I don't think the Giants got rooked.  They needed a interior lineman and got a good one in Zeitler.  Peppers can step in the the Landry role and do well.  Add in a good 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder and they can be a much better team then had they kept OBJ.

    It was a win/win deal IMO.

    @ballpeen said:

    When you look at the total trade, I don't think the Giants got rooked.  They needed a interior lineman and got a good one in Zeitler.  Peppers can step in the the Landry role and do well.  Add in a good 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder and they can be a much better team then had they kept OBJ.

    It was a win/win deal IMO.

    The way I look at it, a lot of value on each side, but we got the only game-changer in Beckham. He's a rare talent at a true weapon position. Possible HOFer, they don't grown on trees at #19 overall. I understand it though, the Giants are building for the future, we are building for NOW.

    Zombo

  • Article i can't find now put it best: "Locker room camraderie" is something you worry about after you get talented players.

  • obj was a headache because eli sux and was torpedoing his career.  i worry none about how he's going to fit in with the browns.

  • OBJ wasn't late to meetings. OBJ didn't pop positive for drugs. OBJ didn't beat up women. He's a hard worker and is yet another guy who is bringing the attitude to Cleveland. Look what a difference Jarvis Landry made, Baker Mayfield made, and so on. You get guys who have the FIRE, and yes....maybe they drive you nuts from time to time. But lemme tell you something:  OBJ played his entire young career with an aging QB past his prime. If you watched Eli, you could tell he wasn't the same. OBJ is playing with a much different animal now, and don't be surprised to read stories about how shocked OBJ is at Baker's arm strength. That ball sneaks up on you in a hurry, and he's just about as accurate as anybody I've seen as a rookie. 

    Baker throwing to OBJ in stride? Oh hell yes. 

  • obj was a headache because eli sux and was torpedoing his career.  i worry none about how he's going to fit in with the browns.

    @choco said:

    obj was a headache because eli sux and was torpedoing his career.  i worry none about how he's going to fit in with the browns.

    I mostly agree.  Odell is still going to have his moments, but who cares?  It will all be forgotten with his next 20 yard catch and run.

  • @choco said:

    obj was a headache because eli sux and was torpedoing his career.  i worry none about how he's going to fit in with the browns.

    I mostly agree.  Odell is still going to have his moments, but who cares?  It will all be forgotten with his next 20 yard catch and run.

    @ballpeen said:

    I mostly agree.  Odell is still going to have his moments, but who cares?  It will all be forgotten with his next 20 yard catch and run.

    No doubt...not everything is going to be roses, struggles and frustrations abound as this young team learn to play together. I don't think the attitude follows on this particular case...nice to have his good friend, but I think the glue is gonna be Adam Henry. More of a college atmosphere for them I imagine, harkening back to their old days. So I just think it plays out differently...baker gets him the ball and we wins some games, he ain't gonna be proposing to the kicking net. ?

  • NFL UK & Ireland@NFLUKIRE
    Those hands!

    @obj doing @JerryRice's legendary Brick catching workout is incredible 😲

    #WorkoutWednesday
  • Some steel-toes would be good. Doing that in bare feet not the best idea.  A broken big toe puts you out for a few months.