Skip to content

Puppy Pound

The Browns Board
9 6 356 1
  • I personally welcome any new or bandwagon fan.  Being born and raised in Arizona before we had an NFL team there were many fans of different teams.  Most were Cowboys fans and a good majority were Steelers fans. Both sets of fans were obnoxious and made me vomit, but the combination of watching the exciting 80s Cardiac Kids and rooting against the Steelers led me to be a die hard fan for 40 years now.  That being said, it will be fun to watch younger 25 and under folks root for the Browns in the Phoenix area, however, I have a list of rules and responsibilities associated with this:

    1. Realize and give respect to older Browns fans.  Accept what we say as truth even if your millennial analytics "prove" our theories wrong.

    2. If we catch a bandwagon fan lie about being a fan of many years then the true Browns fan will be released of all legal repurcussions for hitting them in the face.  A good litmus test is to ask "what number did Joe Thomas wear'?

    3. If you have been a fan of 5 years or less and complain or boast about your "suffering through the years" then you also will get a punch in the face.

    4. You are allowed to make amends for your "noobian" remarks at a bar by disrespecting a Steeler fan in view of two or more other Browns fans that can certify a terrible towel being used to wipe their tears after the verbal assault. This act will release you from the face punching and actually earn you a free beer.

    Welcome to the grit and grind and responsibility of being a member of the Dawg Pound!

  • I don't care about old grumpy bastards, Joe Thomas wore #62, I've been suffering through the years (fan since '16) and I don't have anything against Steelers fans.

  • I don't care about old grumpy bastards, Joe Thomas wore #62, I've been suffering through the years (fan since '16) and I don't have anything against Steelers fans.

    @nero said:

    I don't care about old grumpy bastards, Joe Thomas wore #62, I've been suffering through the years (fan since '16) and I don't have anything against Steelers fans.

    Your sarcasm will make you a fine addition to the Pound then. Haha. Oh and you WILL become a grumpy old bastard, it is part of the acceptance policy.

  • I was young and grumpy.  Now I am old and grumpier.

  • I personally welcome any new or bandwagon fan.  Being born and raised in Arizona before we had an NFL team there were many fans of different teams.  Most were Cowboys fans and a good majority were Steelers fans. Both sets of fans were obnoxious and made me vomit, but the combination of watching the exciting 80s Cardiac Kids and rooting against the Steelers led me to be a die hard fan for 40 years now.  That being said, it will be fun to watch younger 25 and under folks root for the Browns in the Phoenix area, however, I have a list of rules and responsibilities associated with this:

    1. Realize and give respect to older Browns fans.  Accept what we say as truth even if your millennial analytics "prove" our theories wrong.

    2. If we catch a bandwagon fan lie about being a fan of many years then the true Browns fan will be released of all legal repurcussions for hitting them in the face.  A good litmus test is to ask "what number did Joe Thomas wear'?

    3. If you have been a fan of 5 years or less and complain or boast about your "suffering through the years" then you also will get a punch in the face.

    4. You are allowed to make amends for your "noobian" remarks at a bar by disrespecting a Steeler fan in view of two or more other Browns fans that can certify a terrible towel being used to wipe their tears after the verbal assault. This act will release you from the face punching and actually earn you a free beer.

    Welcome to the grit and grind and responsibility of being a member of the Dawg Pound!

    @azboy73 said:

    I personally welcome any new or bandwagon fan.  Being born and raised in Arizona before we had an NFL team there were many fans of different teams.  Most were Cowboys fans and a good majority were Steelers fans. Both sets of fans were obnoxious and made me vomit, but the combination of watching the exciting 80s Cardiac Kids and rooting against the Steelers led me to be a die hard fan for 40 years now.  That being said, it will be fun to watch younger 25 and under folks root for the Browns in the Phoenix area, however, I have a list of rules and responsibilities associated with this:

    1. Realize and give respect to older Browns fans.  Accept what we say as truth even if your millennial analytics "prove" our theories wrong.

    2. If we catch a bandwagon fan lie about being a fan of many years then the true Browns fan will be released of all legal repurcussions for hitting them in the face.  A good litmus test is to ask "what number did Joe Thomas wear'?

    3. If you have been a fan of 5 years or less and complain or boast about your "suffering through the years" then you also will get a punch in the face.

    4. You are allowed to make amends for your "noobian" remarks at a bar by disrespecting a Steeler fan in view of two or more other Browns fans that can certify a terrible towel being used to wipe their tears after the verbal assault. This act will release you from the face punching and actually earn you a free beer.

    Welcome to the grit and grind and responsibility of being a member of the Dawg Pound!

    As a browns fan, up until the jets game last season I had never seen them win. There was no 'cardiac kids' bandwagon for me to jump on back then. You old bastards don't know you're born ?

  • @azboy73 said:

    I personally welcome any new or bandwagon fan.  Being born and raised in Arizona before we had an NFL team there were many fans of different teams.  Most were Cowboys fans and a good majority were Steelers fans. Both sets of fans were obnoxious and made me vomit, but the combination of watching the exciting 80s Cardiac Kids and rooting against the Steelers led me to be a die hard fan for 40 years now.  That being said, it will be fun to watch younger 25 and under folks root for the Browns in the Phoenix area, however, I have a list of rules and responsibilities associated with this:

    1. Realize and give respect to older Browns fans.  Accept what we say as truth even if your millennial analytics "prove" our theories wrong.

    2. If we catch a bandwagon fan lie about being a fan of many years then the true Browns fan will be released of all legal repurcussions for hitting them in the face.  A good litmus test is to ask "what number did Joe Thomas wear'?

    3. If you have been a fan of 5 years or less and complain or boast about your "suffering through the years" then you also will get a punch in the face.

    4. You are allowed to make amends for your "noobian" remarks at a bar by disrespecting a Steeler fan in view of two or more other Browns fans that can certify a terrible towel being used to wipe their tears after the verbal assault. This act will release you from the face punching and actually earn you a free beer.

    Welcome to the grit and grind and responsibility of being a member of the Dawg Pound!

    As a browns fan, up until the jets game last season I had never seen them win. There was no 'cardiac kids' bandwagon for me to jump on back then. You old bastards don't know you're born ?

    @claretbrown said:

    As a browns fan, up until the jets game last season I had never seen them win. There was no 'cardiac kids' bandwagon for me to jump on back then. You old bastards don't know you're born ?

    Did you become a fan after the Chargers win two years ago or what?

  • @claretbrown said:

    As a browns fan, up until the jets game last season I had never seen them win. There was no 'cardiac kids' bandwagon for me to jump on back then. You old bastards don't know you're born ?

    Did you become a fan after the Chargers win two years ago or what?

    @comeonman said:

    Did you become a fan after the Chargers win two years ago or what?

    We both became fans expecting a rebound season... A 0-16 is what we got. The good thing is that losing THAT MUCH made me feel amazing when we won against the Jets. What a night.

  • Well, when I became a Browns fan,  the likes of Leroy Kelly and Paul Warfield hadn't even been drafted by them yet. No, I don't remember Otto Graham, but I do remember Frank Ryan, and Bill Glass and Paul Wiggin and Vince Costello and Jim Houston and Jim Brown and Shafrath/Hickerson/Clark and Ernie Green and Gary Collins and etc. etc. etc. 

    And I DO remember the Browns winning a Championship.

    And I know a few of you here likely go a bit farther back than even I do.

  • @claretbrown said:

    As a browns fan, up until the jets game last season I had never seen them win. There was no 'cardiac kids' bandwagon for me to jump on back then. You old bastards don't know you're born ?

    Did you become a fan after the Chargers win two years ago or what?

    @comeonman said:

    Did you become a fan after the Chargers win two years ago or what?

    Yes. It was drafting deshone that swung it for me ?