Skip to content

Backup QB?

The Browns Board
36 18 1.1k 1
  • Johnny Manziel is available now that the AAF has folded. Sorry couldn’t do pink on my phone

  • I'd take Toledo's former QB Woodside or Gilbert who led the AAF in QB stats..Good chance they'd both make it to PS. And would think, they all become FA's to any* NFL team..  

  • If Baker gets hurt early and is out for the year than I don’t despise bringing in a Colin kaepernicky for a few game try out sample. Probably would trade for someone though. The only other options would be a mid to late round rookie quarterback. There’s no free agent quarterbacks left besides osweiler kaepernickwand mark sanchez. 

  • If Baker gets hurt early and is out for the year than I don’t despise bringing in a Colin kaepernicky for a few game try out sample. Probably would trade for someone though. The only other options would be a mid to late round rookie quarterback. There’s no free agent quarterbacks left besides osweiler kaepernickwand mark sanchez. 

    @rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

    If Baker gets hurt early and is out for the year than I don’t despise bringing in a Colin kaepernicky for a few game try out sample.  

    queen chud, you missed april fools day by 2 full days..btw Kap ended up in Miami that day..1) WTF is up with you?  1Bui.gif   2) seek help sicko!    

  • @rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

    If Baker gets hurt early and is out for the year than I don’t despise bringing in a Colin kaepernicky for a few game try out sample.  

    queen chud, you missed april fools day by 2 full days..btw Kap ended up in Miami that day..1) WTF is up with you?  1Bui.gif   2) seek help sicko!    

    @gumby73 said:

    queen chud, you missed april fools day by 2 full days..btw Kap ended up in Miami that day..1) WTF is up with you?  1Bui.gif   2) seek help sicko!    

    He's still a FA, AFAIK.  If he was such a hot backup prospect he would already have been signed- for vet minimum somewhere. The Dolphins have Fitzpatrick- and a lot of nothing behind him, if they don't want him in as competition, no team will after Colin sat out a couple years. 

    Regarding Cardale Jones, the Chargers resigned him on a one year contract for vet minimum. I suppose if Dorsey wanted him, he could be had for a 2020 7th round pick.  😁 And this coming from a guy who thought "Fail for Cardale" was a good idea. Well, turns out my idea there was dead wrong. 

  • There isn't anybody out there right now that I'd take over Stanton. As far as veteran QBs, I think we are done until final cuts, when we see what is out there versus Stanton. But I do think we will bring in two young arms, one perhaps in the late draft and one off the street.

    Zombo

  • How about that kid from the AAF.  He needs a job.

  • How about that kid from the AAF.  He needs a job.

    @lbc-mike said:

    How about that kid from the AAF.  He needs a job.

      Pretty interesting idea - later round pick - that could actually happen maybe.

    Garrett Gilbert, QB, Orlando Apollos

    https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/03/14/garrett-gilbert-orlando-apollos-aaf-texas-longhorns

  • There isn't anybody out there right now that I'd take over Stanton. As far as veteran QBs, I think we are done until final cuts, when we see what is out there versus Stanton. But I do think we will bring in two young arms, one perhaps in the late draft and one off the street.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    There isn't anybody out there right now that I'd take over Stanton. As far as veteran QBs, I think we are done until final cuts, when we see what is out there versus Stanton. But I do think we will bring in two young arms, one perhaps in the late draft and one off the street.

    Been saying Stanton for a while. And we will absolutely add a late pick or UDFA who can be parked on a PS.

    However, if we want to spend a roster spot on a young vet who is capable of going .500 over a four-game substitute stint...

    ... don't laugh...

    ... the best option I see out there is...

    ... I'm being serious...

    ... The Brockmeister.

    The dude went 2-3 in 5 starts for MIA last season completing 63.5% for 6 TDs vs 4 INTs.

  • Zombo said:

    There isn't anybody out there right now that I'd take over Stanton. As far as veteran QBs, I think we are done until final cuts, when we see what is out there versus Stanton. But I do think we will bring in two young arms, one perhaps in the late draft and one off the street.

    Been saying Stanton for a while. And we will absolutely add a late pick or UDFA who can be parked on a PS.

    However, if we want to spend a roster spot on a young vet who is capable of going .500 over a four-game substitute stint...

    ... don't laugh...

    ... the best option I see out there is...

    ... I'm being serious...

    ... The Brockmeister.

    The dude went 2-3 in 5 starts for MIA last season completing 63.5% for 6 TDs vs 4 INTs.

    @tour2ma said:

    .. The Brockmeister.

    sorry. LOL too late. dammit.

  • The brock maestro it is. We paid him 16 million dollars to come jizz on the face of our finest young women but he probably would never come back 

  • Would rather have Clipboard Jesus 

  • Would rather have Clipboard Jesus 

    @7moses7 said:

    Would rather have Clipboard Jesus 

    Why?

  • @7moses7 said:

    Would rather have Clipboard Jesus 

    Why?

    @tour2ma said:

    Why?

    Brock SUCKS!!  That’s why!

  • @tour2ma said:

    Why?

    Brock SUCKS!!  That’s why!

    @7moses7 said:

    Brock SUCKS!!  That’s why!

    😁 But we're talking relative levels of suckiness here. He probably sucks less than other options. Unless you would want to roll the political backlash dice on old Colin Take a Knee.  

  • Whatever happened to that local kid , Roback we had in camp last season.. He did pretty darn good...

  • Whatever happened to that local kid , Roback we had in camp last season.. He did pretty darn good...

    @nickers said:

    Whatever happened to that local kid , Roback we had in camp last season.. He did pretty darn good...

    Steelers signed him....damnit!

    Mike 

  • Whatever happened to that local kid , Roback we had in camp last season.. He did pretty darn good...

    @nickers said:

    Whatever happened to that local kid , Roback we had in camp last season.. He did pretty darn good...

    Moved east.... to Pittsburgh.

    @7moses7 said:

    Brock SUCKS!!  That’s why!

    So.... anybody, but Osweiler.... got it.

    Brock's not "the guy".... we don't need him to be "the guy"... just the fill-in as needed who can steal a win here and there and doesn't eff up Stanton's mentorship of Baker... and he can do that. Better than any other FA I see out there.

  • Zombo said:

    There isn't anybody out there right now that I'd take over Stanton. As far as veteran QBs, I think we are done until final cuts, when we see what is out there versus Stanton. But I do think we will bring in two young arms, one perhaps in the late draft and one off the street.

    Been saying Stanton for a while. And we will absolutely add a late pick or UDFA who can be parked on a PS.

    However, if we want to spend a roster spot on a young vet who is capable of going .500 over a four-game substitute stint...

    ... don't laugh...

    ... the best option I see out there is...

    ... I'm being serious...

    ... The Brockmeister.

    The dude went 2-3 in 5 starts for MIA last season completing 63.5% for 6 TDs vs 4 INTs.

    @tour2ma said:

    ... don't laugh...  spit up a little Oiler-ball, thanks! 

    ... the best option I see out there is...

    ... I'm being serious...

    ... The Brockmeister.

    What's your OL thoughts on T Dalton Risner if he falls to day 2?

    @7moses7 said:

    Would rather have Clipboard Jesus 

    mgV.gif      Save the Whales, Dawgpound & the 53 man roster spot

  • @tour2ma said:

    ... don't laugh...  spit up a little Oiler-ball, thanks! 

    ... the best option I see out there is...

    ... I'm being serious...

    ... The Brockmeister.

    What's your OL thoughts on T Dalton Risner if he falls to day 2?

    @7moses7 said:

    Would rather have Clipboard Jesus 

    mgV.gif      Save the Whales, Dawgpound & the 53 man roster spot

    @gumby73 said:

    What's your OL thoughts on T Dalton Risner if he falls to day 2?

    Torn....

    I like his tape and tech, but his measurables suck... 6'4 with 34" arms at OT??? Plus his 3-cone was weak and his burst as indicated by his 10-yd split and Vertical was non-existent. Only his standing broad showed any sign of "hip snap".

    Overall I just feel he'll struggle making the adjustment to the next level.

    There's a Day 3 kid I really like as a sleeper, who I have cued up as my next pick for the Texans in our mock. 😎 shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...