Backup QB?
-
How about that kid from the AAF. He needs a job.
Pretty interesting idea - later round pick - that could actually happen maybe.
Garrett Gilbert, QB, Orlando Apollos
https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/03/14/garrett-gilbert-orlando-apollos-aaf-texas-longhorns
-
There isn't anybody out there right now that I'd take over Stanton. As far as veteran QBs, I think we are done until final cuts, when we see what is out there versus Stanton. But I do think we will bring in two young arms, one perhaps in the late draft and one off the street.
Zombo
Zombo said:
There isn't anybody out there right now that I'd take over Stanton. As far as veteran QBs, I think we are done until final cuts, when we see what is out there versus Stanton. But I do think we will bring in two young arms, one perhaps in the late draft and one off the street.
Been saying Stanton for a while. And we will absolutely add a late pick or UDFA who can be parked on a PS.
However, if we want to spend a roster spot on a young vet who is capable of going .500 over a four-game substitute stint...
... don't laugh...
... the best option I see out there is...
... I'm being serious...
... The Brockmeister.
The dude went 2-3 in 5 starts for MIA last season completing 63.5% for 6 TDs vs 4 INTs.
-
Zombo said:
There isn't anybody out there right now that I'd take over Stanton. As far as veteran QBs, I think we are done until final cuts, when we see what is out there versus Stanton. But I do think we will bring in two young arms, one perhaps in the late draft and one off the street.
Been saying Stanton for a while. And we will absolutely add a late pick or UDFA who can be parked on a PS.
However, if we want to spend a roster spot on a young vet who is capable of going .500 over a four-game substitute stint...
... don't laugh...
... the best option I see out there is...
... I'm being serious...
... The Brockmeister.
The dude went 2-3 in 5 starts for MIA last season completing 63.5% for 6 TDs vs 4 INTs.
-
The brock maestro it is. We paid him 16 million dollars to come jizz on the face of our finest young women but he probably would never come back
-
Whatever happened to that local kid , Roback we had in camp last season.. He did pretty darn good...
-
Whatever happened to that local kid , Roback we had in camp last season.. He did pretty darn good...
Whatever happened to that local kid , Roback we had in camp last season.. He did pretty darn good...
Moved east.... to Pittsburgh.
Brock SUCKS!! That’s why!
So.... anybody, but Osweiler.... got it.
Brock's not "the guy".... we don't need him to be "the guy"... just the fill-in as needed who can steal a win here and there and doesn't eff up Stanton's mentorship of Baker... and he can do that. Better than any other FA I see out there.
-
Zombo said:
There isn't anybody out there right now that I'd take over Stanton. As far as veteran QBs, I think we are done until final cuts, when we see what is out there versus Stanton. But I do think we will bring in two young arms, one perhaps in the late draft and one off the street.
Been saying Stanton for a while. And we will absolutely add a late pick or UDFA who can be parked on a PS.
However, if we want to spend a roster spot on a young vet who is capable of going .500 over a four-game substitute stint...
... don't laugh...
... the best option I see out there is...
... I'm being serious...
... The Brockmeister.
The dude went 2-3 in 5 starts for MIA last season completing 63.5% for 6 TDs vs 4 INTs.
... don't laugh... spit up a little Oiler-ball, thanks!
... the best option I see out there is...
... I'm being serious...
... The Brockmeister.
What's your OL thoughts on T Dalton Risner if he falls to day 2?
Would rather have Clipboard Jesus
Save the Whales, Dawgpound & the 53 man roster spot
-
... don't laugh... spit up a little Oiler-ball, thanks!
... the best option I see out there is...
... I'm being serious...
... The Brockmeister.
What's your OL thoughts on T Dalton Risner if he falls to day 2?
Would rather have Clipboard Jesus
Save the Whales, Dawgpound & the 53 man roster spot
What's your OL thoughts on T Dalton Risner if he falls to day 2?
Torn....
I like his tape and tech, but his measurables suck... 6'4 with 34" arms at OT??? Plus his 3-cone was weak and his burst as indicated by his 10-yd split and Vertical was non-existent. Only his standing broad showed any sign of "hip snap".
Overall I just feel he'll struggle making the adjustment to the next level.
There's a Day 3 kid I really like as a sleeper, who I have cued up as my next pick for the Texans in our mock.
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
-
On the other hand PFF loves Risner...
He's their #4 OT behind BAMA's Williams, Dilliard and Taylor, and their #19 prospect overall.
-
On the other hand PFF loves Risner...
He's their #4 OT behind BAMA's Williams, Dilliard and Taylor, and their #19 prospect overall.
On the other hand PFF loves Risner...
He's their #4 OT behind BAMA's Williams, Dilliard and Taylor, and their #19 prospect overall.
I've heard a bunch of his radio interviews, which he's strong as hell at..but, my gametape room lacks some big name DE's that he has faced..still digging..
-
On the other hand PFF loves Risner...
He's their #4 OT behind BAMA's Williams, Dilliard and Taylor, and their #19 prospect overall.
I've heard a bunch of his radio interviews, which he's strong as hell at..but, my gametape room lacks some big name DE's that he has faced..still digging..
I've heard a bunch of his radio interviews, which he's strong as hell at..but, my gametape room lacks some big name DE's that he has faced..still digging..
lol... stronger than his 22 bench reps anyway.
Here he is vs. MSU... Montez Sweat's opposite gives him some issues early. Feet are not good and his early pull is chuckle-worthy...
-
Garrett Gilbert it is baby. no need to draft a guy this year. Unlike a lot of moves in the Dorset era this was as good as it gets
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
But we're talking relative levels of suckiness here. He probably sucks less than other options. Unless you would want to roll the political backlash dice on old Colin Take a Knee.