Skip to content

BROWNS SIGN QB GARRETT GILBERT

The Browns Board
25 15 872
  • I dig it. I like the upside of Gilbert compared to Stanton, that's for sure. Gilbert was honestly balling in the AAF and has some limited NFL experience, so it's not a Shane Falco type situation.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I dig it. I like the upside of Gilbert compared to Stanton, that's for sure. Gilbert was honestly balling in the AAF and has some limited NFL experience, so it's not a Shane Falco type situation.

    he was on track for the league MVP apparently, so maybe more than a camp arm.  like how dorsey is stacking depth vets and youth at every position...the playoff push is serious this year.

  • someone already mentioned him on this board, and it seems like a no-brainer - a few other teams were interested, the Browns apparently outsmarted those other two teams I read about.

  • ... or offered more money...

    Seems to fit the role, but I'm getting a Charlie McCarthy vibe...

    GIL072219.png

  • images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRtp_DUD7tetHmgYOwDVdsimilar to Sam Darnold vibe?

  • Damn... cal... that's doppleganger shit...

  • ... or offered more money...

    Seems to fit the role, but I'm getting a Charlie McCarthy vibe...

    GIL072219.png

    @tour2ma said:

    ... or offered more money...

    Seems to fit the role, but I'm getting a Charlie McCarthy vibe...

    GIL072219.png

    510586_300.jpg

  • Unfortunately I remember his brother Justin

    Justin-Gilbert-Browns.jpg

    @darren15 said:

    Unfortunately I remember his brother Justin

    Justin-Gilbert-Browns.jpg

    All bust talk aside That’s a big dong on that man 

  • @darren15 said:

    Unfortunately I remember his brother Justin

    Justin-Gilbert-Browns.jpg

    All bust talk aside That’s a big dong on that man 

    @rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

    All bust talk aside That’s a big dong on that man 

    Rob checking out the nob, that makes you gay 

  • @rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

    All bust talk aside That’s a big dong on that man 

    Rob checking out the nob, that makes you gay 

    @7moses7 said:

    Rob checking out the nob, that makes you gay 

    It does??? Damn it...

  • @rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

    All bust talk aside That’s a big dong on that man 

    Rob checking out the nob, that makes you gay 

    @7moses7 said:

    Rob checking out the nob, that makes you gay 

    Ya, we have nothing against Homos here, Rob, but if you start trying to convert the members, and their members ... you'll have to go.

    Z

  • @darren15 said:

    Unfortunately I remember his brother Justin

    Justin-Gilbert-Browns.jpg

    All bust talk aside That’s a big dong on that man 

    @rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

    All bust talk aside That’s a big dong on that man 

    This guy may not be a bird watcher but its obvious hes seen a cockatoo...

  • am stealing this ^^ on zoo trips ?..So Gilbert flips the bill for the QB RV mini camp rental?  RxqA.gif   bring back the Bus, that seemed like fun?     

  • as someone that watched the AAF, Gilbert was definitely the best QB

  • as someone that watched the AAF, Gilbert was definitely the best QB

    @mld-woody said:

    as someone that watched the AAF, Gilbert was definitely the best QB

    I didn't watch, but it's my understanding that the QB play in general was not good.

    (his highlight reel isn't overwhelming)  

  • @mld-woody said:

    as someone that watched the AAF, Gilbert was definitely the best QB

    I didn't watch, but it's my understanding that the QB play in general was not good.

    (his highlight reel isn't overwhelming)  

    @orion said:

    I didn't watch, but it's my understanding that the QB play in general was not good.

    (his highlight reel isn't overwhelming)  

    Some teams were just completely unwatchable because of their QB situation (see: Hackenberg). It was impossible for them to be competitive.

    Others though were very solid, with flashes here and there. That included Gilbert. I think it's a smart pickup 

  • listened to a interview with Gilbert on the boat today. Gilbert was almost home from Fla., to his wife & fam in Charlotte,NC till his agent had Gilbert on the phone with the browns getting him on a plane to Cleveland the next day..He's excited to hook up with his good HS friend Baker & trust that this team is headed in the right direction.Thrilled he's getting his chance & thanks the AAF for it..seemed like a solid,respectful dude..

  • This dude has Cody Kessler and Bruce gradkowski syndrome written all over him. I’m sure if Charlie Frye would’ve went to a new start up league after the browns cut him he could’ve looked brilliant for 4-6 games versus defenses that are less organized and talented than some college defenses 

  • This dude has Cody Kessler and Bruce gradkowski syndrome written all over him. I’m sure if Charlie Frye would’ve went to a new start up league after the browns cut him he could’ve looked brilliant for 4-6 games versus defenses that are less organized and talented than some college defenses 

    @rob_chudzinksi2000 said:

    This dude has Cody Kessler and Bruce gradkowski syndrome written all over him. I’m sure if Charlie Frye would’ve went to a new start up league after the browns cut him he could’ve looked brilliant for 4-6 games versus defenses that are less organized and talented than some college defenses 

    Kunta Knute 

  • Don't know anything about him. Can't wait to get a look at him. We need football players on this team and Dorsey is getting them.....

  • Don't know anything about him. Can't wait to get a look at him. We need football players on this team and Dorsey is getting them.....

    @trophyhill said:

    Don't know anything about him. Can't wait to get a look at him. We need football players on this team and Dorsey is getting them.....

    Welcome Aboard the BB!! These kinda pickups can get tricky sometimes getting to PS if Gilbert shines in preseason games also. He's certainly a good camp arm, that could push Drew Stanton, that can't go PS..With the roster that JD has put together, there's really no room to carry 3 active QB's on the 53 man roster