Skip to content

Building The Browns

The Browns Board
93 21 4.4k 1
  • @d-bone said:

    You guys have never witnessed a rowing match at USC....... some would pay a lot of money to experience it. 

    A&M completed the renovation of Kyle Field rounding out the bowl with over 100,000 seats. It is now the loudest venue I have ever experienced and that includes Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge and Denver's Mile High Bowl against K.C. & Mahomes this past year. All 3 are deafening, even for this guy with both hearing aids out.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    A&M completed the renovation of Kyle Field rounding out the bowl with over 100,000 seats. It is now the loudest venue I have ever experienced and that includes Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge and Denver's Mile High Bowl against K.C. & Mahomes this past year. All 3 are deafening, even for this guy with both hearing aids out.?

    Some fans are going to need hearing aids... Never been to Mile HIgh, though I might make the trip this year.  But.......

    "According to the Guinness Book of World Records, no sports fans in the world are louder than Chiefs fans are at Arrowhead Stadium. Chiefs fans registered a record 142.2 decibels on Sept. 29, 2014, when the team hosted the Patriots in a Week 4 Monday Night Showdown that season. That volume is louder than a jet taking off from an aircraft carrier.

    The Seattle Seahawks' CenturyLink Field was previously recorded as the NFL's loudest stadium after crowd noise reached 137.6 decibels during a 2013 Monday Night Football game against the New Orleans Saints."

    I can attest to how loud it is at Arrowhead, been there a couple times.There's a series of  speakers on top of the endzone in a box that's the size of some of the new video boards. I have to debate that 142 db though. Peak? Maybe. For those who don't know, the db scale is logarithmic. An increase of 10 db is double the volume.  Why my scepticism?  Because I had always heard that 110 db was live rock concert volume. Using progressively more powerful amps in my man cave, (the latest being seven channel 1,000 watts+) I was able to crank out- according to my trusty db meter- 110 db continuous for Rush's tune Limelight. That's not just rock concert loud, that's stupid rock concert loud. My ears were ringing after 30 seconds at that volume, and I had to dial it back.  I can put you on the beach for "Saving Private Ryan". 140 db is eight times as loud. Really?  

  • @clevfan4life said:

    i need that bar speed reader.

    Quite a brilliant little invention.  Really gives you an idea of how well you're exploding out of your stance.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Quite a brilliant little invention.  Really gives you an idea of how well you're exploding out of your stance.  

    velocity based training in general is superior. I was astounded to read that ur 1rm can neurologically vary by +-18% on any given day for various reasons. And determining max load for that day based on early set bar speed keeps u from frying ur CNS. I gotta get me one of these. 

  • Episode 4

  • LOVE our new Defensive Coordinator. Seems passionate and has a lot to prove in the way his previous employers treated him..

  • The energy feels real this year. I remember watching early season footage from this show and the HBO show and feeling cringie at times even as I was getting very excited..

    I feel that they are getting along, and the feelings are real...  I am so looking forward to this season.

    BobPound!

  • LOVE our new Defensive Coordinator. Seems passionate and has a lot to prove in the way his previous employers treated him..

    @bobpound said:

    LOVE our new Defensive Coordinator. Seems passionate and has a lot to prove in the way his previous employers treated him..

    He brings the same firey passion as Gregg Williams without the senseless sound bites...

  • @bobpound said:

    LOVE our new Defensive Coordinator. Seems passionate and has a lot to prove in the way his previous employers treated him..

    He brings the same firey passion as Gregg Williams without the senseless sound bites...

    @nickers said:

    He brings the same firey passion as Gregg Williams without the senseless sound bites...

    It will be interesting to see how Greg's Jets defense tries to handle the "new" Browns offense on MNF.?

  • @nickers said:

    He brings the same firey passion as Gregg Williams without the senseless sound bites...

    It will be interesting to see how Greg's Jets defense tries to handle the "new" Browns offense on MNF.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    It will be interesting to see how Greg's Jets defense tries to handle the "new" Browns offense on MNF.?

    Williams won't try to handle the totality of the offense, he realizes the Jets don't have the horses to go 1 on 1 at the skill positions.  

    And that worries me because the Jets now have an even more kick ass Dline with the addition of Q Williams.   You don't have to beat "the offense"... you just have to beat Baker and the Oline.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    It will be interesting to see how Greg's Jets defense tries to handle the "new" Browns offense on MNF.?

    Williams won't try to handle the totality of the offense, he realizes the Jets don't have the horses to go 1 on 1 at the skill positions.  

    And that worries me because the Jets now have an even more kick ass Dline with the addition of Q Williams.   You don't have to beat "the offense"... you just have to beat Baker and the Oline.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Williams won't try to handle the totality of the offense, he realizes the Jets don't have the horses to go 1 on 1 at the skill positions.  

    And that worries me because the Jets now have an even more kick ass Dline with the addition of Q Williams.   You don't have to beat "the offense"... you just have to beat Baker and the Oline.

    Nick gonna get eat that day....keep the pass rush honest. 

  • Draft Day 3 - Episode 4.

  • Hmmm! Keep an eye out for Jhavonte Dean, 6'2" CB with long arms now signed as an UDFA after rookie mini-camp.  Former #1 JUCO CB with 4.3 40 times. Has STs written all over him and maybe work his way in to CB play with that length and speed.

  • Hmmm! Keep an eye out for Jhavonte Dean, 6'2" CB with long arms now signed as an UDFA after rookie mini-camp.  Former #1 JUCO CB with 4.3 40 times. Has STs written all over him and maybe work his way in to CB play with that length and speed.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Hmmm! Keep an eye out for Jhavonte Dean, 6'2" CB with long arms now signed as an UDFA after rookie mini-camp.  Former #1 JUCO CB with 4.3 40 times. Has STs written all over him and maybe work his way in to CB play with that length and speed.

    Maybe he can be our Nnamdi of the future?

  • If you're not watching this show, you're missing out!  It's awesome to have our own media production, and it's not some half-ass deal either.  They do a tremendous job and take you within the inner workings of the program.  I love it!  Youtube has so many cool things to watch...it's very easy to fall into a Youtube vortex and get lost for a couple hours.  hahaha

    Speaking of good Youtube shows, if you guys haven't watched seasons 1 and 2 of "Cobra Kai", you are completely missing out.  I honestly thought the show would be a total joke, and I didn't give it a second thought, but when I saw that it basically had the highest review of any show ever on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, I gave it a shot.  Man, what a show!  If you're a nostalgia guy like I am, this show is for you.  I mean, who didn't love the Karate Kid when they were young, right?  ?

  • If you're not watching this show, you're missing out!  It's awesome to have our own media production, and it's not some half-ass deal either.  They do a tremendous job and take you within the inner workings of the program.  I love it!  Youtube has so many cool things to watch...it's very easy to fall into a Youtube vortex and get lost for a couple hours.  hahaha

    Speaking of good Youtube shows, if you guys haven't watched seasons 1 and 2 of "Cobra Kai", you are completely missing out.  I honestly thought the show would be a total joke, and I didn't give it a second thought, but when I saw that it basically had the highest review of any show ever on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, I gave it a shot.  Man, what a show!  If you're a nostalgia guy like I am, this show is for you.  I mean, who didn't love the Karate Kid when they were young, right?  ?

    @jiggins7919 said:

      I mean, who didn't love the Karate Kid when they were young, right?  ?

    Switch on, switch off. LOL!?

  • Ok. Who got a tear in their eye when the alumni's were speaking, especially Jim Brown.. He can't have many seasons left in him, would love to see us win something,(AFC North, playoff game, Super bowl 🙂 )  before he leaves us.

    BobPound!

  • Ok. Who got a tear in their eye when the alumni's were speaking, especially Jim Brown.. He can't have many seasons left in him, would love to see us win something,(AFC North, playoff game, Super bowl 🙂 )  before he leaves us.

    BobPound!

    @bobpound said:

    Ok. Who got a tear in their eye when the alumni's were speaking, especially Jim Brown.. He can't have many seasons left in him, would love to see us win something,(AFC North, playoff game, Super bowl 🙂 )  before he leaves us.

    BobPound!

    I'm  sure most of  us noticed when JB announced  Greedy at the  draft, he got the year  wrong. Hope  it's  not  early Alzheimers \ Dementia setting in.  🙁

  • If you're not watching this show, you're missing out!  It's awesome to have our own media production, and it's not some half-ass deal either.  They do a tremendous job and take you within the inner workings of the program.  I love it!  Youtube has so many cool things to watch...it's very easy to fall into a Youtube vortex and get lost for a couple hours.  hahaha

    Speaking of good Youtube shows, if you guys haven't watched seasons 1 and 2 of "Cobra Kai", you are completely missing out.  I honestly thought the show would be a total joke, and I didn't give it a second thought, but when I saw that it basically had the highest review of any show ever on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, I gave it a shot.  Man, what a show!  If you're a nostalgia guy like I am, this show is for you.  I mean, who didn't love the Karate Kid when they were young, right?  ?

    @jiggins7919 said:

    If you're not watching this show, you're missing out!  It's awesome to have our own media production, and it's not some half-ass deal either.  They do a tremendous job and take you within the inner workings of the program.  I love it!  Youtube has so many cool things to watch...it's very easy to fall into a Youtube vortex and get lost for a couple hours.  hahaha

    Speaking of good Youtube shows, if you guys haven't watched seasons 1 and 2 of "Cobra Kai", you are completely missing out.  I honestly thought the show would be a total joke, and I didn't give it a second thought, but when I saw that it basically had the highest review of any show ever on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, I gave it a shot.  Man, what a show!  If you're a nostalgia guy like I am, this show is for you.  I mean, who didn't love the Karate Kid when they were young, right?  ?

    I didn’t actually care for it much. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    If you're not watching this show, you're missing out!  It's awesome to have our own media production, and it's not some half-ass deal either.  They do a tremendous job and take you within the inner workings of the program.  I love it!  Youtube has so many cool things to watch...it's very easy to fall into a Youtube vortex and get lost for a couple hours.  hahaha

    Speaking of good Youtube shows, if you guys haven't watched seasons 1 and 2 of "Cobra Kai", you are completely missing out.  I honestly thought the show would be a total joke, and I didn't give it a second thought, but when I saw that it basically had the highest review of any show ever on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, I gave it a shot.  Man, what a show!  If you're a nostalgia guy like I am, this show is for you.  I mean, who didn't love the Karate Kid when they were young, right?  ?

    I didn’t actually care for it much. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I didn’t actually care for it much. 

    *gasp*

    Oh well, I guess you can't always please everyone. Speaking of YouTube, I did the trial 90 days of their "YouTube Red" (access to all music, downloadable video rights, no ads ever, etc) and it's totally worth the measly $10 a month if you're a YouTube person, or if your kids are too. 

    Ok, back on target. I think what I love the most about Building the Browns is we actually have several interesting players to follow, and I find myself wanting to know more about them as people. It really shines the "human light" on them. 

    This is going to be the longest offseason ever, lol! 

  • Who cares....about the subject matter of this thread....lets fucking hijack it: