Skip to content

Browns Off Season Moves

The Browns Board
23 10 775
  • Zombo said:

    He went from LT of the future to a guy we don't talk about at all pretty quickly ... I just wonder with Hue gone and his OL coach gone ... what is his expected role?

    I think he's still looked upon as a prospect...

    Per PFF he graded out as our best PassPro OT... and not by a little... and our worst run block OT... and not by double a little. I don't think too many of us were surprised that this gap existed. Many, including me, were surprised on the size of the gap.

    And I think we have to remember that his PassPro grade was earned under Hue and Haley. PassPro became a lot easier under Freddy...

    So I think he's still here to develop physically and gain experience.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    Per PFF he graded out as our best PassPro OT... and not by a little... and our worst run block OT... and not by double a little. I don't think too many of us were surprised that this gap existed. Many, including me, were surprised on the size of the gap.

    All this^^ The Harrison, out illness*,bothered me, but am glad (somehow?) they kept the media hounds away from Des..Sadly, It seemed liked the refs tagged Des as a rookie holding target.But he earned every holding call he got..his failure in run blocking,does it seem to you? Des can't get his hands inside to ster any of his defenders?     

  • @tour2ma said:

    Per PFF he graded out as our best PassPro OT... and not by a little... and our worst run block OT... and not by double a little. I don't think too many of us were surprised that this gap existed. Many, including me, were surprised on the size of the gap.

    All this^^ The Harrison, out illness*,bothered me, but am glad (somehow?) they kept the media hounds away from Des..Sadly, It seemed liked the refs tagged Des as a rookie holding target.But he earned every holding call he got..his failure in run blocking,does it seem to you? Des can't get his hands inside to ster any of his defenders?     

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @gumby73 said:

    All this^^ The Harrison, out illness*,bothered me, but am glad (somehow?) they kept the media hounds away from Des..Sadly, It seemed liked the refs tagged Des as a rookie holding target.But he earned every holding call he got..his failure in run blocking,does it seem to you? Des can't get his hands inside to ster any of his defenders?     

    Think I agree... my decoder ring was rushed to the ER. 😉

    Bottom line, gum, is I think he's a dancer and not a mauler. He's simply not built to maul. That it's more physicality than it is tech.... but if he can keep most of the former and develop a chunk of the latter, then he'll be a helluva OT someday.

    Do have the luxury of being patient? Dunno for sure, but I suspect not... at least not past 2019... we'll see...

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Not sure Witzmann will beat out Harrison.. Witzmann lost his KC role to someone named Cameron "Human Turnstile" Erving.

  • Not sure Witzmann will beat out Harrison.. Witzmann lost his KC role to someone named Cameron "Human Turnstile" Erving.

    Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @unsympathetic said:

    Not sure Witzmann will beat out Harrison.. Witzmann lost his KC role to someone named Cameron "Human Turnstile" Erving.

    I think they see Witzmann as a guard, someone to battle Corbett in camp and then take a backup role.

    Kush could get in that battle too and end up as the backup center.

    Lamm as the swing tackle.

    So Harrison battles Robinson in camp at LT and I think a lot depends on how he performs.

    ... Then you throw in injuries and the draft and we are having a whole different conversation in September most likely.

    Zombo

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Not sure Witzmann will beat out Harrison.. Witzmann lost his KC role to someone named Cameron "Human Turnstile" Erving.

    I think they see Witzmann as a guard, someone to battle Corbett in camp and then take a backup role.

    Kush could get in that battle too and end up as the backup center.

    Lamm as the swing tackle.

    So Harrison battles Robinson in camp at LT and I think a lot depends on how he performs.

    ... Then you throw in injuries and the draft and we are having a whole different conversation in September most likely.

    Zombo

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #18

    Zombo said:

    So Harrison battles Robinson in camp at LT and I think a lot depends on how he performs.

    Genius! I tells ya! GENIUS!!!

  • Zombo said:

    So Harrison battles Robinson in camp at LT and I think a lot depends on how he performs.

    Genius! I tells ya! GENIUS!!!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @tour2ma said:

     Genius! I tell ya! GENIUS!!!

    Zombo gets this years T-shirt prize!

    Captain Obvious White T-Shirt

     
  • Zombo said:

    So Harrison battles Robinson in camp at LT and I think a lot depends on how he performs.

    Genius! I tells ya! GENIUS!!!

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @tour2ma said:

    Genius! I tells ya! GENIUS!!!

    If Harrison does beat out Robinson or we draft an OT it saves us over $6.5m against the cap

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    LOL, well I meant it looks like he is going to have to play himself onto the roster, but that is self-evident too.

    p1c00gsl0d9uhahr1qaf1b4gn3u3.jpg

  • LOL, well I meant it looks like he is going to have to play himself onto the roster, but that is self-evident too.

    p1c00gsl0d9uhahr1qaf1b4gn3u3.jpg

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Zombo said:

    LOL, well I meant it looks like he is going to have to play himself onto the roster, but that is self-evident too.

    p1c00gsl0d9uhahr1qaf1b4gn3u3.jpg

    Nelson_haha.jpg

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #23