Browns Off Season Moves
-
Signed or re-signed 16 players ....... Some obvious starters and other depth additions ..... Dorsey said this off season would be quiet compared to last .....never trust what the Dorse says
ODELL BECKHAM WR
OLIVIER VERNON DE/OLB
SHELDON RICHARDSON DT
GREG ROBINSON OT
RAY RAY ARMSTRONG LB
DEMETRIUS HARRIS TE
ADARIUS TAYLOR LB
ERIC KUSH OG
PHILIP GAINES CB
KENDALL LAMM OT
BRYAN WITZMANN OG
MORGAN BURNETT S
ERIC MURRAY S
GARRETT GILBERT QB
DAMON SHEEHY _ GUISEPPI KR/PR
ORSON CHARLES FB/TE
-
I love what Dorsey has done but every offseason he makes one head scratcher. Last year it was Carl Nassib this year it was Kindred. I also though Fells should have been kept for blocking duties and goaline jump balls. Harris and Fells are 6'7 and you cant double both
-
I love what Dorsey has done but every offseason he makes one head scratcher. Last year it was Carl Nassib this year it was Kindred. I also though Fells should have been kept for blocking duties and goaline jump balls. Harris and Fells are 6'7 and you cant double both
I love what Dorsey has done but every offseason he makes one head scratcher. Last year it was Carl Nassib this year it was Kindred. I also though Fells should have been kept for blocking duties and goaline jump balls. Harris and Fells are 6'7 and you cant double both
Agree with Nassib ....loved him as a player and also Fells over De Valve ........ Kindred was meh tho .... prefer Murray and Burnett
-
I love what Dorsey has done but every offseason he makes one head scratcher. Last year it was Carl Nassib this year it was Kindred. I also though Fells should have been kept for blocking duties and goaline jump balls. Harris and Fells are 6'7 and you cant double both
Harris and Fells are 6'7 and you cant double both
True, but how many TEs can you keep? Njoku's the future and the staff must see something in DeValve... as do I... to keep investing a roster spot in him.
Plus there's the bringing of Charles back into the TE/H-back role...
... and trhen, of course, there's OBJ...
-
I love what Dorsey has done but every offseason he makes one head scratcher. Last year it was Carl Nassib this year it was Kindred. I also though Fells should have been kept for blocking duties and goaline jump balls. Harris and Fells are 6'7 and you cant double both
Agree with Nassib ....loved him as a player and also Fells over De Valve ........ Kindred was meh tho .... prefer Murray and Burnett
-
I love what Dorsey has done but every offseason he makes one head scratcher. Last year it was Carl Nassib this year it was Kindred. I also though Fells should have been kept for blocking duties and goaline jump balls. Harris and Fells are 6'7 and you cant double both
I love what Dorsey has done but every offseason he makes one head scratcher. Last year it was Carl Nassib this year it was Kindred. I also though Fells should have been kept for blocking duties and goaline jump balls. Harris and Fells are 6'7 and you cant double both
I would actually posit that getting rid of Shelton for a third was a questionable move. Also, he got rid of Austin Reiter in the last round of cuts so he could pillage the waiver wire. Reiter latched on with KC and played well enough in their high powered offense that he got a 2 year extension as a super sub/spot starter with them. In the meantime, we signed 4 O linemen with the hopes of shoring up our O line.
-
Now that we have the most expensive WR room in the league, no more room for an assertion of problems with the playmakers..
-
I love what Dorsey has done but every offseason he makes one head scratcher. Last year it was Carl Nassib this year it was Kindred. I also though Fells should have been kept for blocking duties and goaline jump balls. Harris and Fells are 6'7 and you cant double both
I would actually posit that getting rid of Shelton for a third was a questionable move. Also, he got rid of Austin Reiter in the last round of cuts so he could pillage the waiver wire. Reiter latched on with KC and played well enough in their high powered offense that he got a 2 year extension as a super sub/spot starter with them. In the meantime, we signed 4 O linemen with the hopes of shoring up our O line.
I would actually posit that getting rid of Shelton for a third was a questionable move. Also, he got rid of Austin Reiter in the last round of cuts so he could pillage the waiver wire. Reiter latched on with KC and played well enough in their high powered offense that he got a 2 year extension as a super sub/spot starter with them. In the meantime, we signed 4 O linemen with the hopes of shoring up our O line.
What? Shelton sucks, barely played last year, a third for him was a steal. Reiter is a good backup who would not have a played a single snap last year, as the OL was healthy.
I mean really, if the only guys to complain about are bit players, then we really don't have anything to complain about. Nassib, kindred, Shelton, reiter, were nothing special and replaceable.
-
-
I would actually posit that getting rid of Shelton for a third was a questionable move. Also, he got rid of Austin Reiter in the last round of cuts so he could pillage the waiver wire. Reiter latched on with KC and played well enough in their high powered offense that he got a 2 year extension as a super sub/spot starter with them. In the meantime, we signed 4 O linemen with the hopes of shoring up our O line.
What? Shelton sucks, barely played last year, a third for him was a steal. Reiter is a good backup who would not have a played a single snap last year, as the OL was healthy.
I mean really, if the only guys to complain about are bit players, then we really don't have anything to complain about. Nassib, kindred, Shelton, reiter, were nothing special and replaceable.
-
Derek Willies who did OK before getting injured could be our 5th string WR
-
Signed or re-signed 16 players ....... Some obvious starters and other depth additions ..... Dorsey said this off season would be quiet compared to last .....never trust what the Dorse says
ODELL BECKHAM WR
OLIVIER VERNON DE/OLB
SHELDON RICHARDSON DT
GREG ROBINSON OT
RAY RAY ARMSTRONG LB
DEMETRIUS HARRIS TE
ADARIUS TAYLOR LB
ERIC KUSH OG
PHILIP GAINES CB
KENDALL LAMM OT
BRYAN WITZMANN OG
MORGAN BURNETT S
ERIC MURRAY S
GARRETT GILBERT QB
DAMON SHEEHY _ GUISEPPI KR/PR
ORSON CHARLES FB/TE
KENDALL LAMM OT
This was a nice signing that was met with little fanfare. This guy should be a nice swing tackle that can start in a pinch.
Which brings me to Desmond Harrison.
The guy never saw the field again after being replaced by Robinson. Obviously Robinson manned the position much better, but Dez didn't even block on extra points or even dress. At first he was on the injury report as "illness" which was never specified, then he was just inactive every week. So as a guy who never blocked a down for Freddie Kitchens offense, where does he stand now?
He went from LT of the future to a guy we don't talk about at all pretty quickly ... I just wonder with Hue gone and his OL coach gone ... what is his expected role? Could be a cut if they keep 8 lineman because we have Lamm at T, and Witzmann and Kush inside, and we haven't drafted yet.
Zombo
-
KENDALL LAMM OT
This was a nice signing that was met with little fanfare. This guy should be a nice swing tackle that can start in a pinch.
Which brings me to Desmond Harrison.
The guy never saw the field again after being replaced by Robinson. Obviously Robinson manned the position much better, but Dez didn't even block on extra points or even dress. At first he was on the injury report as "illness" which was never specified, then he was just inactive every week. So as a guy who never blocked a down for Freddie Kitchens offense, where does he stand now?
He went from LT of the future to a guy we don't talk about at all pretty quickly ... I just wonder with Hue gone and his OL coach gone ... what is his expected role? Could be a cut if they keep 8 lineman because we have Lamm at T, and Witzmann and Kush inside, and we haven't drafted yet.
Zombo
Zombo said:
He went from LT of the future to a guy we don't talk about at all pretty quickly ... I just wonder with Hue gone and his OL coach gone ... what is his expected role?
I think he's still looked upon as a prospect...
Per PFF he graded out as our best PassPro OT... and not by a little... and our worst run block OT... and not by double a little. I don't think too many of us were surprised that this gap existed. Many, including me, were surprised on the size of the gap.
And I think we have to remember that his PassPro grade was earned under Hue and Haley. PassPro became a lot easier under Freddy...
So I think he's still here to develop physically and gain experience.
-
Zombo said:
He went from LT of the future to a guy we don't talk about at all pretty quickly ... I just wonder with Hue gone and his OL coach gone ... what is his expected role?
I think he's still looked upon as a prospect...
Per PFF he graded out as our best PassPro OT... and not by a little... and our worst run block OT... and not by double a little. I don't think too many of us were surprised that this gap existed. Many, including me, were surprised on the size of the gap.
And I think we have to remember that his PassPro grade was earned under Hue and Haley. PassPro became a lot easier under Freddy...
So I think he's still here to develop physically and gain experience.
Per PFF he graded out as our best PassPro OT... and not by a little... and our worst run block OT... and not by double a little. I don't think too many of us were surprised that this gap existed. Many, including me, were surprised on the size of the gap.
All this^^ The Harrison, out illness*,bothered me, but am glad (somehow?) they kept the media hounds away from Des..Sadly, It seemed liked the refs tagged Des as a rookie holding target.But he earned every holding call he got..his failure in run blocking,does it seem to you? Des can't get his hands inside to ster any of his defenders?
-
Per PFF he graded out as our best PassPro OT... and not by a little... and our worst run block OT... and not by double a little. I don't think too many of us were surprised that this gap existed. Many, including me, were surprised on the size of the gap.
All this^^ The Harrison, out illness*,bothered me, but am glad (somehow?) they kept the media hounds away from Des..Sadly, It seemed liked the refs tagged Des as a rookie holding target.But he earned every holding call he got..his failure in run blocking,does it seem to you? Des can't get his hands inside to ster any of his defenders?
All this^^ The Harrison, out illness*,bothered me, but am glad (somehow?) they kept the media hounds away from Des..Sadly, It seemed liked the refs tagged Des as a rookie holding target.But he earned every holding call he got..his failure in run blocking,does it seem to you? Des can't get his hands inside to ster any of his defenders?
Think I agree... my decoder ring was rushed to the ER.

Bottom line, gum, is I think he's a dancer and not a mauler. He's simply not built to maul. That it's more physicality than it is tech.... but if he can keep most of the former and develop a chunk of the latter, then he'll be a helluva OT someday.
Do have the luxury of being patient? Dunno for sure, but I suspect not... at least not past 2019... we'll see...
-
Not sure Witzmann will beat out Harrison.. Witzmann lost his KC role to someone named Cameron "Human Turnstile" Erving.
-
Not sure Witzmann will beat out Harrison.. Witzmann lost his KC role to someone named Cameron "Human Turnstile" Erving.
Not sure Witzmann will beat out Harrison.. Witzmann lost his KC role to someone named Cameron "Human Turnstile" Erving.
I think they see Witzmann as a guard, someone to battle Corbett in camp and then take a backup role.
Kush could get in that battle too and end up as the backup center.
Lamm as the swing tackle.
So Harrison battles Robinson in camp at LT and I think a lot depends on how he performs.
... Then you throw in injuries and the draft and we are having a whole different conversation in September most likely.
Zombo
-
Not sure Witzmann will beat out Harrison.. Witzmann lost his KC role to someone named Cameron "Human Turnstile" Erving.
I think they see Witzmann as a guard, someone to battle Corbett in camp and then take a backup role.
Kush could get in that battle too and end up as the backup center.
Lamm as the swing tackle.
So Harrison battles Robinson in camp at LT and I think a lot depends on how he performs.
... Then you throw in injuries and the draft and we are having a whole different conversation in September most likely.
Zombo
-
Zombo said:
So Harrison battles Robinson in camp at LT and I think a lot depends on how he performs.
Genius! I tells ya! GENIUS!!!
-
Zombo said:
So Harrison battles Robinson in camp at LT and I think a lot depends on how he performs.
Genius! I tells ya! GENIUS!!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
