Skip to content

Regular Season Schedule

The Browns Board
98 31 5.2k
  • B beare wrote on last edited by
    #62

    my thoughts

    Think we def have improved and sced def lot easier then last year. can see us with 10+ wins possible

    Dont get why put the 2 steelers games so close

    Dont really like fact only 2 of first 7 are at home

    DO like division games mostly in 2nd half when hunts back

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #63

    Browns board tailgate party? For Z and Marco And the BRITs etc to come into town? That Sunday night  versus the Rams seems like the ticket. I am seriously thinking about doing the road trip to Arizona for the December game and combining it with a week in Sedona. I think that almost worked out perfect with the schedule if I want to do that 

  • Could very well start 2-0.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @tiamat63 said:

    Could very well start 2-0.

    We'd better get the jump early... gets brutal quick.

    @gumby73 said:

    got a football week in the land..Bills at Browns Sunday week 10..Pitt at Browns Thursday starts week 11...see ya there ?

    I think you may be onto something there...

  • @gumby73 said:

    got a football week in the land..Bills at Browns Sunday week 10..Pitt at Browns Thursday starts week 11...see ya there ?

    I think Thursday Night football should avoid division rivalry games, but what do I know.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #65

    @bob806 said:

    I think Thursday Night football should avoid division rivalry games, but what do I know.  

    They like division games for Thursday night because the travel is typically on the shorter side.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #66

    Misc thoughts on the real sched...

    • Week 7 BYE is better timed than the fake sched...
    • ... and we get the week to prep for NE.
    • the Week 5/6 turnaround is brutal... return from MNF on west coast to host the Seahawks? Scheduler could have kept us out west by making the 'Hawks an away game.
    • gets a lot more normal after the BYE...
  • Browns board tailgate party? For Z and Marco And the BRITs etc to come into town? That Sunday night  versus the Rams seems like the ticket. I am seriously thinking about doing the road trip to Arizona for the December game and combining it with a week in Sedona. I think that almost worked out perfect with the schedule if I want to do that 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @the-gipper said:

    Browns board tailgate party? For Z and Marco And the BRITs etc to come into town? That Sunday night  versus the Rams seems like the ticket. I am seriously thinking about doing the road trip to Arizona for the December game and combining it with a week in Sedona. I think that almost worked out perfect with the schedule if I want to do that 

    That will be up to Z, Mark, and the Brits which week they prefer. The original tentative plan was for the opener- which is the Titans. Either game is OK by me. Yup, December road trip to Glendale doesn't sound too hateful....   

  • htownbrownH htownbrown wrote on last edited by
    #68

    I love this schedule.  The Titans to open the season sounds better to me than Pitt.  I'd rather hit those assholes in full stride anyway.  3 primetime games in the first 5 weeks.  The AFCE are very winnable games outside NE.  Plus, the Bungs 2x, Fins, and Cards in the last 6 weeks of the season.  

    This is the kindest I can ever remember the schedule maker's being to the Browns.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #69

    Guys... We have 3 home games (TEN, LAR, SEA) among first 7 games, not 2.

    Game 8 is away, though.

  • Guys... We have 3 home games (TEN, LAR, SEA) among first 7 games, not 2.

    Game 8 is away, though.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @nero said:

    Guys... We have 3 home games (TEN, LAR, SEA) among first 7 games, not 2.

    Game 8 is away, though.

    You are correct. When I posted that game 3 was tagged on the same line as game 2 (home) and I did not catch it. Makes me feel somewhat better since that run of 8 is followed by 3 home games. Corrected my posts.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #71

    The Titans game to start with Derrick Henry pounding away will show us how much or how little we have improved run defense. We MUST solve the ILB weakness from this point on or he will crush us 5-6 yds at a time. He runs over inferior ILBs.

  • ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by
    #72

    only one divisional game before Hunt can join the team 

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Let's not jump ahead of ourselves... 

    We are still a few defensive pieces away from being playoff contenders..

    8-8 is where I expect this team to finish... Maybe 9-7 if were lucky

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by
    #74

    So I guess we need an entire squad of all pros to be considered contenders?

  • So I guess we need an entire squad of all pros to be considered contenders?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #75

    @choco said:

    So I guess we need an entire squad of all pros to be considered contenders?

    Nah... but we need to actually win games.

    Being 2-4 after six games is a real possibility. That will test the cohesion of a young team trying to gel... not to mention a fan base with oversized expectations.

    Week 6 will be huge. We will face a good Seattle team, who has 10 days to prepare for us (their Week 5 game is hosting LAR on TNF), on the Sunday after our MNF game at SF. We will take the result of that game into the BYE with NE waiting on the other side.

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    Zombo said:

    So we are a half game better with Richardson, Vernon, OBJ, Hunt (4 Pro Bowlers) an improving Mayfield and another Dorsey draft ... not too mention a half season without Hue?

    If you look at our front four, it is playoff-ready. Secondary is solid. I think Avery will make more plays than Collins did ... I think the optimism is warranted.

    Zombo

    We aren't shit until we can win consistently.. Remember expectations after 2007?

    Whose to say we don't flame out and go 6-10? 

    Not saying I want that, but all this talk about winning the division, sweeping the AFCN, I mean it sounds great and all,

    but we haven't put together back-to-back seasons of AT LEAST 7 wins in well over a decade!

    9-7 is where they will finish... Maybe.

    Still a young team, first year HC.

    Injuries are always a concern... 

    I just hope these "expectations" don't have the opposite effect on this team like we've seen in the past.. 

  • @choco said:

    So I guess we need an entire squad of all pros to be considered contenders?

    Nah... but we need to actually win games.

    Being 2-4 after six games is a real possibility. That will test the cohesion of a young team trying to gel... not to mention a fan base with oversized expectations.

    Week 6 will be huge. We will face a good Seattle team, who has 10 days to prepare for us (their Week 5 game is hosting LAR on TNF), on the Sunday after our MNF game at SF. We will take the result of that game into the BYE with NE waiting on the other side.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @tour2ma said:

    Nah... but we need to actually win games.

    Being 2-4 after six games is a real possibility. That will test the cohesion of a young team trying to gel... not to mention a fan base with oversized expectations.

    Week 6 will be huge. We will face a good Seattle team, who has 10 days to prepare for us (their Week 5 game is hosting LAR on TNF), on the Sunday after our MNF game at SF. We will take the result of that game into the BYE with NE waiting on the other side.

    Both the first two are winnable Tour. That happens, the train starts a rollin'.  Don't see 0-4 after that... I agree playing the 49ers on MNF, and then a real short week to play the Seahawks coming off a bye in Cleveland, the schedule makers didn't exactly do us a favor there... 

  • @tour2ma said:

    Nah... but we need to actually win games.

    Being 2-4 after six games is a real possibility. That will test the cohesion of a young team trying to gel... not to mention a fan base with oversized expectations.

    Week 6 will be huge. We will face a good Seattle team, who has 10 days to prepare for us (their Week 5 game is hosting LAR on TNF), on the Sunday after our MNF game at SF. We will take the result of that game into the BYE with NE waiting on the other side.

    Both the first two are winnable Tour. That happens, the train starts a rollin'.  Don't see 0-4 after that... I agree playing the 49ers on MNF, and then a real short week to play the Seahawks coming off a bye in Cleveland, the schedule makers didn't exactly do us a favor there... 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @hoorta said:

    Both the first two are winnable Tour. That happens, the train starts a rollin'.  Don't see 0-4 after that... I agree playing the 49ers on MNF, and then a real short week to play the Seahawks coming off a bye in Cleveland, the schedule makers didn't exactly do us a favor there... 

    Seattle playing a 1pm eastern game isn’t easy for them either

  • @the-gipper said:

    Browns board tailgate party? For Z and Marco And the BRITs etc to come into town? That Sunday night  versus the Rams seems like the ticket. I am seriously thinking about doing the road trip to Arizona for the December game and combining it with a week in Sedona. I think that almost worked out perfect with the schedule if I want to do that 

    That will be up to Z, Mark, and the Brits which week they prefer. The original tentative plan was for the opener- which is the Titans. Either game is OK by me. Yup, December road trip to Glendale doesn't sound too hateful....   

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @hoorta said:

    That will be up to Z, Mark, and the Brits which week they prefer. The original tentative plan was for the opener- which is the Titans. Either game is OK by me. Yup, December road trip to Glendale doesn't sound too hateful....   

    Week 1 vs. Titans will be the annual trip and tailgate.   There's also talk of coming in for the 11/10 game and possibly a tailgate to also remember Stan.    But the official Browns Board Tailgate game will be week 1. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by
    #80

    Got 9/23 and 11/17 off from work

  • @hoorta said:

    That will be up to Z, Mark, and the Brits which week they prefer. The original tentative plan was for the opener- which is the Titans. Either game is OK by me. Yup, December road trip to Glendale doesn't sound too hateful....   

    Week 1 vs. Titans will be the annual trip and tailgate.   There's also talk of coming in for the 11/10 game and possibly a tailgate to also remember Stan.    But the official Browns Board Tailgate game will be week 1. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @mark-o said:

    Week 1 vs. Titans will be the annual trip and tailgate.   There's also talk of coming in for the 11/10 game and possibly a tailgate to also remember Stan.    But the official Browns Board Tailgate game will be week 1. 

    I will be out of town that first game so I guess I won’t see you then but hopefully November.