Skip to content

2 Round 2019 NFL Draft

The Browns Board
14 7 985
  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by darren15
    #1

    I did one last year ( 2 rounder) and I thought I would do another ......surfed the internet for each teams needs, who has visited ...watched videos of around 80% of them ....so enjoy or hate whatever you want to do with it ....

    ROUND 1

    ARIZONA CARDINALS  :   KYLER MURRAY QB  OKLAHOMA

    SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS   :   NICK BOSA   DE   OHIO STATE

    NEW YORK JETS   :   JOSH ALLEN   OLB   KENTUCKY

    OAKLAND RAIDERS   :   QUINNEN WILLIAMS   DT   ALABAMA

    TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS   :   DEVIN WHITE   LB   LSU

    NEW YORK GIANTS   :   CLELLIN FERRELL   DE   CLEMSON

    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS   :   JAWAAN TAYLOR   OT   FLORIDA

    DETROIT LIONS   :   RASHAN GARY   DE   MICHIGAN

    BUFFALO BILLS   :   JONAH WILLIAMS   OT   ALABAMA

    DENVER BRONCOS   :   DREW LOCK   QB   MISSOURI

    CINCINNATI BENGALS   :     DWAYNE HASKINS  QB   OHIO STATE

    GREEN BAY PACKERS    :    TJ HOCKENSON   TE   IOWA

    MIAMI DOLPHINS   :   ED OLIVER   DT   HOUSTON

    ATLANTA FALCONS   :   JERRY TILLERY   DT   NOTRE DAME

    WASHINGTON REDSKINS   :   BYRON MURPHY   CB    WASHINGTON

    CAROLINA PANTHERS   :   MONTEZ SWEAT   DE   MISS STATE

    NEW YORK GIANTS   :   DANIEL JONES   QB   DUKE

    MINNESOTA VIKINGS   :   ANDRE DILLARD   OT   WASHINGTON STATE

    TENNESSEE TITANS   :   DK METCALF   WR   OLE MISS

    PITTSBURGH STEELERS   :   DEVIN BUSH   LB   MICHIGAN

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS   :  GARRETT BRADBURY   C   NC STATE

    BALTIMORE RAVENS   :   HAKEEM BUTLER   WR   IOWA STATE

    HOUSTON TEXANS   :   CODY FORD   OG   OKLAHOMA

    OAKLAND RAIDERS   :   BRIAN BURNS   DE   FLORIDA STATE

    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES   :   JOSH JACOBS   RB   ALABAMA

    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS   :   KALEB MCGARY   OT   WASHINGTON

    OAKLAND RAIDERS   :   NOAH FANT   TE   IOWA

    LOS ANGELES CHARGERS   :  CHRISTIAN WILKINS   DT   CLEMSON

    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS   :   NASIR ADDERLEY   S   DELAWARE

    GREEN BAY PACKERS   :   TAYLOR RAPP   S   WASHINGTON

    LOS ANGELES RAMS   :   GREEDY WILLIAMS   CB   LSU

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS   :   DEIONTE THOMPSON   S   ALABAMA

    ROUND 2

    ARIZONA CARDINALS   :   MARQUISE BROWN   WR   OKLAHOMA

    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS   :  AJ BROWN   WR   OLE MISS

    OAKLAND RAIDERS   :   DEANDRE BAKER   CB   GEORGIA

    SAN FRANCISCO 49RS   :   DALTON RISNER   OT   KANSAS STATE

    NEW YORK GIANTS   :   CHRIS LINDSTROM   OG   BOSTON COLLEGE

    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS   :   IRV SMITH   TE   ALABAMA

    TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS   :   JULIAN LOVE   CB   NOTRE DAME

    BUFFALO BILLS   :   OSHANE XIMINES   DE   OLD DOMINION

    DENVER BRONCOS   :   CHAUNCEY GARDNER   LB   FLORIDA

    CINCINNATI BENGALS   :   JEFFERY SIMMONS   DT   MISS ST

    DETROIT LIONS   :   GREG LITTLE   OT   OLE MISS

    GREEN BAY PACKERS   :   JAYLON  FERGUSON   DE   LOUISIANA TECH

    ATLANTA FALCONS   :   MACK WILSON   LB   ALABAMA

    WASHINGTON REDSKINS   :   WILL GRIER   QB   WEST VIRGINIA

    CAROLINA PANTHERS   :   N'KEAL HARRY   WR   ARIZONA STATE

    MIAMI DOLPHINS   :   ROCK YA SIN   CB   TEMPLE

    CLEVELAND BROWNS   :   JUAN THORNHILL   S   VIRGINIA

    MINNESOTA VIKINGS   :   DEXTER LAWRENCE   DT   CLEMSON

    TENNESSEE TITANS   :   JACHAI POLITE   DE   FLORIDA

    PITTSBURGH STEELERS   :    JJ ARCECIA  WHITESIDE   WR   STANFORD

    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES   :   ANTHONY NELSON  DE    IOWA

    HOUSTON TEXANS   :   AMANI ORUWARIYE   CB   PENN STATE

    HOUSTON TEXANS   :   CHASE WINOVICH   DE   MICHIGAN

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS   :  PARRIS CAMPBELL   WR   OHIO STATE

    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES   :   D'ANDRE WALKER   LB   GEORGIA

    DALLAS COWBOYS   :   JONATHAN ABRAM   S   MISS ST

    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS   :   ANDY ISABELLA   WR   MASS

    LOS ANGELES CHARGERS   :   ERIC MCCOY   C   TEXAS A&M

    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS   :   JUSTIN LAYNE   CB   MICHIGAN

    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS   :   ELGTON JENKINS   MISS ST

    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS   :   ZACH ALLEN   DE   BOSTON COLLEGE

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS   :   DEEBO SAMUEL   WR   SOUTH CAROLINA

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Unless we trade up I think there is a very good chance we take Thornhill  @49.

  • Unless we trade up I think there is a very good chance we take Thornhill  @49.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #3

    @texasag1969 said:

    Unless we trade up I think there is a very good chance we take Thornhill  @49.

    At 1st look, I could see JD hitting up Gettleman again ahead of his buds at GB.. A) Simmons B)Love C)Little..I can also see the giants passing on G with Will Hernandez & Big Z at NYG's?..Maybe a giant right Tackle Darren?(or screw Shanny of Risner😉)   

  • I did one last year ( 2 rounder) and I thought I would do another ......surfed the internet for each teams needs, who has visited ...watched videos of around 80% of them ....so enjoy or hate whatever you want to do with it ....

    ROUND 1

    ARIZONA CARDINALS  :   KYLER MURRAY QB  OKLAHOMA

    SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS   :   NICK BOSA   DE   OHIO STATE

    NEW YORK JETS   :   JOSH ALLEN   OLB   KENTUCKY

    OAKLAND RAIDERS   :   QUINNEN WILLIAMS   DT   ALABAMA

    TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS   :   DEVIN WHITE   LB   LSU

    NEW YORK GIANTS   :   CLELLIN FERRELL   DE   CLEMSON

    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS   :   JAWAAN TAYLOR   OT   FLORIDA

    DETROIT LIONS   :   RASHAN GARY   DE   MICHIGAN

    BUFFALO BILLS   :   JONAH WILLIAMS   OT   ALABAMA

    DENVER BRONCOS   :   DREW LOCK   QB   MISSOURI

    CINCINNATI BENGALS   :     DWAYNE HASKINS  QB   OHIO STATE

    GREEN BAY PACKERS    :    TJ HOCKENSON   TE   IOWA

    MIAMI DOLPHINS   :   ED OLIVER   DT   HOUSTON

    ATLANTA FALCONS   :   JERRY TILLERY   DT   NOTRE DAME

    WASHINGTON REDSKINS   :   BYRON MURPHY   CB    WASHINGTON

    CAROLINA PANTHERS   :   MONTEZ SWEAT   DE   MISS STATE

    NEW YORK GIANTS   :   DANIEL JONES   QB   DUKE

    MINNESOTA VIKINGS   :   ANDRE DILLARD   OT   WASHINGTON STATE

    TENNESSEE TITANS   :   DK METCALF   WR   OLE MISS

    PITTSBURGH STEELERS   :   DEVIN BUSH   LB   MICHIGAN

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS   :  GARRETT BRADBURY   C   NC STATE

    BALTIMORE RAVENS   :   HAKEEM BUTLER   WR   IOWA STATE

    HOUSTON TEXANS   :   CODY FORD   OG   OKLAHOMA

    OAKLAND RAIDERS   :   BRIAN BURNS   DE   FLORIDA STATE

    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES   :   JOSH JACOBS   RB   ALABAMA

    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS   :   KALEB MCGARY   OT   WASHINGTON

    OAKLAND RAIDERS   :   NOAH FANT   TE   IOWA

    LOS ANGELES CHARGERS   :  CHRISTIAN WILKINS   DT   CLEMSON

    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS   :   NASIR ADDERLEY   S   DELAWARE

    GREEN BAY PACKERS   :   TAYLOR RAPP   S   WASHINGTON

    LOS ANGELES RAMS   :   GREEDY WILLIAMS   CB   LSU

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS   :   DEIONTE THOMPSON   S   ALABAMA

    ROUND 2

    ARIZONA CARDINALS   :   MARQUISE BROWN   WR   OKLAHOMA

    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS   :  AJ BROWN   WR   OLE MISS

    OAKLAND RAIDERS   :   DEANDRE BAKER   CB   GEORGIA

    SAN FRANCISCO 49RS   :   DALTON RISNER   OT   KANSAS STATE

    NEW YORK GIANTS   :   CHRIS LINDSTROM   OG   BOSTON COLLEGE

    JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS   :   IRV SMITH   TE   ALABAMA

    TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS   :   JULIAN LOVE   CB   NOTRE DAME

    BUFFALO BILLS   :   OSHANE XIMINES   DE   OLD DOMINION

    DENVER BRONCOS   :   CHAUNCEY GARDNER   LB   FLORIDA

    CINCINNATI BENGALS   :   JEFFERY SIMMONS   DT   MISS ST

    DETROIT LIONS   :   GREG LITTLE   OT   OLE MISS

    GREEN BAY PACKERS   :   JAYLON  FERGUSON   DE   LOUISIANA TECH

    ATLANTA FALCONS   :   MACK WILSON   LB   ALABAMA

    WASHINGTON REDSKINS   :   WILL GRIER   QB   WEST VIRGINIA

    CAROLINA PANTHERS   :   N'KEAL HARRY   WR   ARIZONA STATE

    MIAMI DOLPHINS   :   ROCK YA SIN   CB   TEMPLE

    CLEVELAND BROWNS   :   JUAN THORNHILL   S   VIRGINIA

    MINNESOTA VIKINGS   :   DEXTER LAWRENCE   DT   CLEMSON

    TENNESSEE TITANS   :   JACHAI POLITE   DE   FLORIDA

    PITTSBURGH STEELERS   :    JJ ARCECIA  WHITESIDE   WR   STANFORD

    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES   :   ANTHONY NELSON  DE    IOWA

    HOUSTON TEXANS   :   AMANI ORUWARIYE   CB   PENN STATE

    HOUSTON TEXANS   :   CHASE WINOVICH   DE   MICHIGAN

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS   :  PARRIS CAMPBELL   WR   OHIO STATE

    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES   :   D'ANDRE WALKER   LB   GEORGIA

    DALLAS COWBOYS   :   JONATHAN ABRAM   S   MISS ST

    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS   :   ANDY ISABELLA   WR   MASS

    LOS ANGELES CHARGERS   :   ERIC MCCOY   C   TEXAS A&M

    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS   :   JUSTIN LAYNE   CB   MICHIGAN

    NEW ORLEANS SAINTS   :   ELGTON JENKINS   MISS ST

    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS   :   ZACH ALLEN   DE   BOSTON COLLEGE

    NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS   :   DEEBO SAMUEL   WR   SOUTH CAROLINA

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @darren15 said:

    I did one last year ( 2 rounder) and I thought I would do another ......surfed the internet for each teams needs, who has visited ...watched videos of around 80% of them ....so enjoy or hate whatever you want to do with it ....

    ROUND 1

    ARIZONA CARDINALS  :   KYLER MURRAY QB  OKLAHOMA

    SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS   :   JOEY BOSA   DE   OHIO STATE

    Thanks for putting that together.  Well done!

    The only nit-pick is poor Clevs has to watch another West Coast team stealing his Joey Bosa away all over again.   It took us 3 years to get him to exhale.

  • @darren15 said:

    I did one last year ( 2 rounder) and I thought I would do another ......surfed the internet for each teams needs, who has visited ...watched videos of around 80% of them ....so enjoy or hate whatever you want to do with it ....

    ROUND 1

    ARIZONA CARDINALS  :   KYLER MURRAY QB  OKLAHOMA

    SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS   :   JOEY BOSA   DE   OHIO STATE

    Thanks for putting that together.  Well done!

    The only nit-pick is poor Clevs has to watch another West Coast team stealing his Joey Bosa away all over again.   It took us 3 years to get him to exhale.

    darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @flugel said:

    Thanks for putting that together.  Well done!

    The only nit-pick is poor Clevs has to watch another West Coast team stealing his Joey Bosa away all over again.   It took us 3 years to get him to exhale.

    LOL....just noticed

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #6

    With the 17th pick in the 2019 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select - Odell Beckham Jr - WR, New York Giants 

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I dont get all of this thornhill love. He is a decent prospect, but doesn't look like a special player. I have him ranked behind Gardener-Johnson, Savage, Adderly, Thompson, and Abrams.

    I would go with Tytus Howard in this scenario. We dont need a safety with Randall, Burnett, and Murray on the roster. OL is paper thin in this draft so if you can land Jonah, Taylor, McGary, or Howard you have to do it or you're not going to get an OT.

    CB is another position that is incredibly thin. I don't see a stud corner outside of Murphy, and he maybe overrated because the field is so bad. I dont even see a sleeper either. M. Jackson, Isiah johnson and Moreland would be the only ones I would take a late round flyer on.

  • I dont get all of this thornhill love. He is a decent prospect, but doesn't look like a special player. I have him ranked behind Gardener-Johnson, Savage, Adderly, Thompson, and Abrams.

    I would go with Tytus Howard in this scenario. We dont need a safety with Randall, Burnett, and Murray on the roster. OL is paper thin in this draft so if you can land Jonah, Taylor, McGary, or Howard you have to do it or you're not going to get an OT.

    CB is another position that is incredibly thin. I don't see a stud corner outside of Murphy, and he maybe overrated because the field is so bad. I dont even see a sleeper either. M. Jackson, Isiah johnson and Moreland would be the only ones I would take a late round flyer on.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I dont get all of this thornhill love. He is a decent prospect, but doesn't look like a special player. I have him ranked behind Gardener-Johnson, Savage, Adderly, Thompson, and Abrams.

    I would go with Tytus Howard in this scenario. We dont need a safety with Randall, Burnett, and Murray on the roster. OL is paper thin in this draft so if you can land Jonah, Taylor, McGary, or Howard you have to do it or you're not going to get an OT.

    CB is another position that is incredibly thin. I don't see a stud corner outside of Murphy, and he maybe overrated because the field is so bad. I dont even see a sleeper either. M. Jackson, Isiah johnson and Moreland would be the only ones I would take a late round flyer on.

    Lindy's Draft Guide has him as the 10th ranked Safety (4th rd projection) while Pro Football Weekly him ranked 7th (2-3 rd projection).  Sounds like they agree with you but Pro Football Weekly thinks he can start as a rookie.

    Louisville, I think the intrigue people have for him is that he can play Free or Strong Safety after beginning his college career as a Corner. He had 6 INTs in 2018 which doesn't suck.  Lindy's Guide says this "Thornhill did a little bit of everything during his Virginia career, starting out at cornerback, moving to safety as an upperclassman and lining up as a linebacker many times."    Then in their positional prototype category for Ball Skills - they list him for that with this rationale: "An instinctive defender with soft hands, Thornhill intercepted 12 passes over his career, showing off the desired playmaking for the NFL."   All that and they only project him as a 4th rd Safety. It's like they're pumped up to tell us - "We have the perfect Jack of all trades but master of none."   More specifically?  "You'll be in love with this guy after 5-6 beers."

    My dime store take?  Love the resume for the middle of round 2 especially considering he could play corner in some packages with the understanding of how many corners here got injured and re-injured in 2018.

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    I dont get all of this thornhill love. He is a decent prospect, but doesn't look like a special player. I have him ranked behind Gardener-Johnson, Savage, Adderly, Thompson, and Abrams.

    I would go with Tytus Howard in this scenario. We dont need a safety with Randall, Burnett, and Murray on the roster. OL is paper thin in this draft so if you can land Jonah, Taylor, McGary, or Howard you have to do it or you're not going to get an OT.

    CB is another position that is incredibly thin. I don't see a stud corner outside of Murphy, and he maybe overrated because the field is so bad. I dont even see a sleeper either. M. Jackson, Isiah johnson and Moreland would be the only ones I would take a late round flyer on.

    Lindy's Draft Guide has him as the 10th ranked Safety (4th rd projection) while Pro Football Weekly him ranked 7th (2-3 rd projection).  Sounds like they agree with you but Pro Football Weekly thinks he can start as a rookie.

    Louisville, I think the intrigue people have for him is that he can play Free or Strong Safety after beginning his college career as a Corner. He had 6 INTs in 2018 which doesn't suck.  Lindy's Guide says this "Thornhill did a little bit of everything during his Virginia career, starting out at cornerback, moving to safety as an upperclassman and lining up as a linebacker many times."    Then in their positional prototype category for Ball Skills - they list him for that with this rationale: "An instinctive defender with soft hands, Thornhill intercepted 12 passes over his career, showing off the desired playmaking for the NFL."   All that and they only project him as a 4th rd Safety. It's like they're pumped up to tell us - "We have the perfect Jack of all trades but master of none."   More specifically?  "You'll be in love with this guy after 5-6 beers."

    My dime store take?  Love the resume for the middle of round 2 especially considering he could play corner in some packages with the understanding of how many corners here got injured and re-injured in 2018.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @flugel said:

    My dime store take?  Love the resume for the middle of round 2 especially considering he could play corner in some packages with the understanding of how many corners here got injured and re-injured in 2018.

         Interesting - I hope Adderly falls to 49. He has some serious skills - a few recognition lapses here and there at safety...however- Chances are, Thornhill will start quicker at safety...

    Overview

    Defensive back with good size and length, but tape that is filled with inconsistencies over the last couple of years. Adderley's issues revolve around inconsistencies with recognition and response as a safety, which is why teams might opt to move him back to cornerback where his size, athletic ability and ball skills will be coveted.

    Overview

    Three-year starter who proved he could bring his instincts and ball skills with him from cornerback to safety in 2018. Thornhill's size and cover talent should allow defensive coordinators the freedom to deploy him around the field in a variety of ways depending on the matchups and his running mate at safety. While he could garner consideration as a corner, safety gives him his best opportunity to become an early starter.

  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
    #10

    After reading what I wrote I think I came off a little hard on thornhill. I meant from a value stand point I dont get why everybody is mocking thornhill to us. If he can compete at CB then I'm all for it but dont need a safety that early 

  • @flugel said:

    My dime store take?  Love the resume for the middle of round 2 especially considering he could play corner in some packages with the understanding of how many corners here got injured and re-injured in 2018.

         Interesting - I hope Adderly falls to 49. He has some serious skills - a few recognition lapses here and there at safety...however- Chances are, Thornhill will start quicker at safety...

    Overview

    Defensive back with good size and length, but tape that is filled with inconsistencies over the last couple of years. Adderley's issues revolve around inconsistencies with recognition and response as a safety, which is why teams might opt to move him back to cornerback where his size, athletic ability and ball skills will be coveted.

    Overview

    Three-year starter who proved he could bring his instincts and ball skills with him from cornerback to safety in 2018. Thornhill's size and cover talent should allow defensive coordinators the freedom to deploy him around the field in a variety of ways depending on the matchups and his running mate at safety. While he could garner consideration as a corner, safety gives him his best opportunity to become an early starter.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @calfoxwc said:

         Interesting - I hope Adderly falls to 49. He has some serious skills - a few recognition lapses here and there at safety...however- Chances are, Thornhill will start quicker at safety...

    Overview

    Defensive back with good size and length, but tape that is filled with inconsistencies over the last couple of years. Adderley's issues revolve around inconsistencies with recognition and response as a safety, which is why teams might opt to move him back to cornerback where his size, athletic ability and ball skills will be coveted.

    Overview

    Three-year starter who proved he could bring his instincts and ball skills with him from cornerback to safety in 2018. Thornhill's size and cover talent should allow defensive coordinators the freedom to deploy him around the field in a variety of ways depending on the matchups and his running mate at safety. While he could garner consideration as a corner, safety gives him his best opportunity to become an early starter.

    Good point about Thornhill; and I totally agree with you Cal. He's going to play Safety; but in the extra DB downs/situations he could very well be sliding to the extra Corner spot for that particular scenario/play and then back to Safety for the next 2 downs or so.  That's what I meant when I said "in some packages."  His perceived flexibility at this time offers that intangible and temptation which ups his value.  Randall played some corner for us despite his regular position with us was Safety.  The flexibility is invaluable especially when we lose backup corners to injury. 

  • After reading what I wrote I think I came off a little hard on thornhill. I meant from a value stand point I dont get why everybody is mocking thornhill to us. If he can compete at CB then I'm all for it but dont need a safety that early 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @louisville-slugger said:

    After reading what I wrote I think I came off a little hard on thornhill. I meant from a value stand point I dont get why everybody is mocking thornhill to us. If he can compete at CB then I'm all for it but dont need a safety that early 

    I understand what you meant.  The 2 Draft Guides I got agreed with you in terms of how many guys they rated ahead of him. 

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I sneaked in 5 correct picks, had Ferrell going high but to the wrong team and had McGary as a 1st round pick

  • I sneaked in 5 correct picks, had Ferrell going high but to the wrong team and had McGary as a 1st round pick

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @darren15 said:

    I sneaked in 5 correct picks, had Ferrell going high but to the wrong team and had McGary as a 1st round pick

    I wonder if Denver will now take Drew Lock in the 2nd. Only Jax and TB needing QBs are ahead of them in rd 2, so now would be a good time to trade up since they traded down yesterday. A little draft capital can go a long way to get the QB you want if he is still on the board in rd 2. Any bets?