Skip to content

***Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread***

The Browns Board
227 35 6.4k 1
  • @nickers said:

    I guess the NFL remembers what Josh Rosen said last draft.. Apparently Josh is NOT well liked around the league.. Hence no one has lifted a finger or inquired about his services.. I'm glad.. Rosen is a complete snobby asshole.. I hate dickhead snobs...

    Honestly, I think they got too cute with it. They trotted him out on the voluntary workouts, etc to throw a smokescreen when it was really obvious they were going Murray. A high 2nd round pick would have been easily gotten, but now they're kinda stuck. The Dolphins, Broncos and Bengals are the only teams I see now who may throw them a bone. Honestly, why not keep the guy? Give him the Jimmy G treatment and in two years see what you can get.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Honestly, I think they got too cute with it. They trotted him out on the voluntary workouts, etc to throw a smokescreen when it was really obvious they were going Murray. A high 2nd round pick would have been easily gotten, but now they're kinda stuck. The Dolphins, Broncos and Bengals are the only teams I see now who may throw them a bone. Honestly, why not keep the guy? Give him the Jimmy G treatment and in two years see what you can get.

    Patriots could be in the mix....as an eventual replacement for TB. Chargers too as eventual replacement for Rivers.

  • Jawaan Taylor is still unsigned, but the Falcons picked people named McGary and Lindstrom.. who would/should have both been available after the Browns pick tonight.

    Titans take... Titus Howard?

    Broncos picked.. a TE instead of a QB? They must not be aware who they actually signed to run their team next season..

  • Jawaan Taylor is still unsigned, but the Falcons picked people named McGary and Lindstrom.. who would/should have both been available after the Browns pick tonight.

    Titans take... Titus Howard?

    Broncos picked.. a TE instead of a QB? They must not be aware who they actually signed to run their team next season..

    @unsympathetic said:

    Jawaan Taylor is still unsigned, but the Falcons picked people named McGary and Lindstrom.. who would/should have both been available after the Browns pick tonight.

    Titans take... Titus Howard?

    Broncos picked.. a TE instead of a QB? They must not be aware who they actually signed to run their team next season..

    I think Broncos will rue the day they passed on Haskins.

    Remember that time we passed on a QB for a TE? Bit us in the ass twice a year.

    I think Elway is getting QB gun shy and Flacco is safe but mediocre.

    Giants better pray they got Jones right too, because Haskins beating their ass twice a year will not sit well with the fanbase.

    Zombo

  • Smartest move:  Pitt moving up for Devin Bush. Fills their greatest need with one of the top 2 clearly separated from the rest of the ILBs.

    Biggest reach: Tie NYG for the QB Jones from Duke and Seattle for L.J. Collier DE  TCU

    @texasag1969 said:

    Smartest move:  DENVER--they must have locked Elway in a closet, passing on QB's & target was getting Flacco a TE. Hock went 2 picks ahead of Den. #10,they traded to 20 & got TE Fant, a Pitt. #52 & 3rd in 2020

     Biggest reach: Tie NYG for the QB Jones from Duke and HOUSTON- reaching on a OT-- Tytus Howard was no way near the best 23rd player on board nor T..

    ^^Just arrived in Na-Ville, and done setting up hotel camp & ready to hit the streets..this place is jacked up with football junkies..off to Breakfast ?☕...Jersey of choice? Clay Matthews..Here we  Go Brownies, here we GOOOOoooo!!!

  • Not entirely opposed to Dorse potentially looking to get back into the 2nd or 3rd.  The depth in this draft looks amazing. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Smartest move:  Pitt moving up for Devin Bush. Fills their greatest need with one of the top 2 clearly separated from the rest of the ILBs.

    Biggest reach: Tie NYG for the QB Jones from Duke and Seattle for L.J. Collier DE  TCU

    Strongly disagree. I love the LBers in this draft. If you are giving up future picks it better be for an impact player and LBers just aren't that valuable.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Strongly disagree. I love the LBers in this draft. If you are giving up future picks it better be for an impact player and LBers just aren't that valuable.

    Pitt has a glaring weakness at ILB that kept them from going anywhere deep in the playoffs. They are drafting for now, so with that in mind it was a good pick.

  • They could have stayed where they were and he could have fallen to them or they could have got better value with players like Pratt, Watson, Hodge, and a few others. Now he is kind of the ideal Pitt LBer. 

  • They could have stayed where they were and he could have fallen to them or they could have got better value with players like Pratt, Watson, Hodge, and a few others. Now he is kind of the ideal Pitt LBer. 

    @louisville-slugger said:

    They could have stayed where they were and he could have fallen to them or they could have got better value with players like Pratt, Watson, Hodge, and a few others. Now he is kind of the ideal Pitt LBer. 

    Based on recent mocks, insights, etc Bush wasn't dropping to them. There was a lot of talk about Cincy taking him too 

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    They could have stayed where they were and he could have fallen to them or they could have got better value with players like Pratt, Watson, Hodge, and a few others. Now he is kind of the ideal Pitt LBer. 

    Based on recent mocks, insights, etc Bush wasn't dropping to them. There was a lot of talk about Cincy taking him too 

    @mld-woody said:

    Based on recent mocks, insights, etc Bush wasn't dropping to them. There was a lot of talk about Cincy taking him too 

    A a Squeeler. Sorry Woody that has to suck.

    WSS

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    They could have stayed where they were and he could have fallen to them or they could have got better value with players like Pratt, Watson, Hodge, and a few others. Now he is kind of the ideal Pitt LBer. 

    Based on recent mocks, insights, etc Bush wasn't dropping to them. There was a lot of talk about Cincy taking him too 

    @mld-woody said:

    Based on recent mocks, insights, etc Bush wasn't dropping to them. There was a lot of talk about Cincy taking him too 

    I agree. Bush was going to Cincy and Pitt knew that. They have missed Shazier immensely and that position is key for this team to win right now.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Based on recent mocks, insights, etc Bush wasn't dropping to them. There was a lot of talk about Cincy taking him too 

    A a Squeeler. Sorry Woody that has to suck.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    A a Squealer. Sorry Woody that has to suck.

    WSS

    Woodley and Foote both had great careers with the Steelers. I'm fine with it. 

  • @westside-steve said:

    A a Squealer. Sorry Woody that has to suck.

    WSS

    Woodley and Foote both had great careers with the Steelers. I'm fine with it. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Woodley and Foote both had great careers with the Steelers. I'm fine with it. 

    I've got nothing against the kid for where he went to school but now I hope he sucks. Sorry bud.

    Then again if Buckeyes go to Pittsburgh I hope they suck too.

    WSS

  • @nickers said:

    I guess the NFL remembers what Josh Rosen said last draft.. Apparently Josh is NOT well liked around the league.. Hence no one has lifted a finger or inquired about his services.. I'm glad.. Rosen is a complete snobby asshole.. I hate dickhead snobs...

    Not true, the Dolphins,  Chargers and Giants all asked about him.    As for value...sure, no other NFL team was going to offer a first rounder.  They are smart.  the Cardinals depleted his value when they drafted Murray.

    In my opinion, Miami could be the perfect place for him.

    @the-gipper said:

    Not true, the Dolphins,  Chargers and Giants all asked about him.    As for value...sure, no other NFL team was going to offer a first rounder.  They are smart.  the Cardinals depleted his value when they drafted Murray.

    In my opinion, Miami could be the perfect place for him.

    Personally I hope the douche falls flat on his head..... He's Jay Cutler 2.0 and a snobby douche nozzle.. I can't stand pricks like him...

  • Jawaan Taylor is still unsigned, but the Falcons picked people named McGary and Lindstrom.. who would/should have both been available after the Browns pick tonight.

    Titans take... Titus Howard?

    Broncos picked.. a TE instead of a QB? They must not be aware who they actually signed to run their team next season..

    @unsympathetic said:

    Jawaan Taylor is still unsigned, but the Falcons picked people named McGary and Lindstrom.. who would/should have both been available after the Browns pick tonight.

    word on the streets in Nashville is :: J.Taylor has serious medical issues pointing at his reason to fall..Browns met with Taylor at Combine but never followed up with later medical checks..all means nothing if Dorsey see's different.. EDit---Dee' awesome Freddie Kitchen sink Omelette with Bloody Mary.. $18 bucks 🙂!! 

  • Found the browns media tents..Lots of talk of whom JD's 3 targets might have been to move-up mid 1st round? the Hot names are Simmons, Dillard, Fant, a maybe on Tillery...phone dying, your in luck, I'll be off for a while 😎 

  • The way Dorsey mentioned it,  made it sound like Tillery was a target. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Smartest move:  Pitt moving up for Devin Bush. Fills their greatest need with one of the top 2 clearly separated from the rest of the ILBs.

    Biggest reach: Tie NYG for the QB Jones from Duke and Seattle for L.J. Collier DE  TCU

    Strongly disagree. I love the LBers in this draft. If you are giving up future picks it better be for an impact player and LBers just aren't that valuable.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Strongly disagree. I love the LBers in this draft. If you are giving up future picks it better be for an impact player and LBers just aren't that valuable.

    What? Based on what exactly? Linebackers are extremely important. The entire steeler defense suffered when shazier got hurt and Bush is 100% an impact player. I could put together a 20+ player list in 2 minutes of impact players just at the linebacker position currently on n the league. 

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    Strongly disagree. I love the LBers in this draft. If you are giving up future picks it better be for an impact player and LBers just aren't that valuable.

    What? Based on what exactly? Linebackers are extremely important. The entire steeler defense suffered when shazier got hurt and Bush is 100% an impact player. I could put together a 20+ player list in 2 minutes of impact players just at the linebacker position currently on n the league. 

    @vagitron said:

    What? Based on what exactly? Linebackers are extremely important. The entire steeler defense suffered when shazier got hurt and Bush is 100% an impact player. I could put together a 20+ player list in 2 minutes of impact players just at the linebacker position currently on n the league. 

    And I'm sure that list will be as accurate as your memory of last year's stooler free agent signings. 

  • The way Dorsey mentioned it,  made it sound like Tillery was a target. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    The way Dorsey mentioned it,  made it sound like Tillery was a target. 

    2 of 5 at media tent had Fant as maybe..3 of 5 had Tillery as maybe..Simmons makes sense, the other 2, will turn into Dorsey saying, "he won't talk about other teams players"..doubtful we'll ever get the other 2 names..

  • Only one corner taken in first round...