Skip to content

Greedy Williams

Locked The Browns Board
348 38 8.9k 1
  • @hoorta said:

    Guess what? Neither are you.  You didn't win it last year, your draft and FA pickups pale in comparison to what the Browns have done, and I won't be surprised if you're looking up at the Ravens besides the Browns come January.   

    You got a running back named Benny Hill? I thought he was a comedian. Um, the Browns will have a guy named Kareem Hunt in the lineup the first time we play Pittsburgh. Ever hear of him?  Landry is a volume guy that makes the Pro Bowl every year. 

    Yup, that's all the Steeler fans got to hope for this season- that all the talent the Browns have amassed doesn't mesh. 

    Sure, some Browns fans are acting irrational and all but have the Super Bowl tickets printed already. Regarding the national media- hate to tell you, they're just reporting what they see. The talking heads that are saying pump the brakes, and you're overrating the Browns are WAY in the minority- so don't try and tell me 90%+ of them are biased. Could the Browns flop? Sure- everyone had the Jags penciled in for at least a repeat trip to the AFC Championship game last year, and they laid a major turd instead.  

    I can't wait for the season to start. Vernon is no better than either of the steeler defensive ends. Obj is really good but the steelers are a wr factory and have invested high draft picks in wr's for a while now. Juju was the last hit and Washington turned it on to end the season despite playing behind two 100 catch over 1000 yard receivers.  

    Ben > Baker

    Our offensive line > yours by a country mile.

    Our cancer in antonio brown is gone. Addition by subtraction. You need to get ready to be disappointed.

    Edit: and benny snell has been compared to nick chubb for a while. Hunt isn't any better than Connor. Go watch some benny snell tape.

    @vagitron said:

     in antonio brown is gone. Addition by subtraction. You need to get ready to be disappointed.

    Edit: and benny snell has been compared to nick chubb for a while. Hunt isn't any better than Connor. Go watch some benny snell tape.

    You don't add by losing a HoF receiver.  I don't care how you would like to spin it.  

    Snell is a solid RB, not sure I would put him in the Nick category even pre-draft.  

    Hunt and Connor are two very different backs that, when healthy, are both arguably top 10 producers.   So they're comparable in that regard at least. 

  • @hoorta said:

    And you don't know much about the Cleveland if you don't think the Browns have surpassed you in talent, at a lot of positions. Don't believe me, if you want to, but take this one, from what I heard on ESPN this afternoon. "The only question is if the Browns will be able to get all the talent they've amassed to play together."

    Ju Ju isn't Antonio Brown, and if you think he'd beat out Beckham for #1 wr, you're nuts. You don't have a #2 wr that's anywhere close to Landry, and I'll take Chubb over Connor.  

    I'll agree with Gunz, the only area where the Steelers still have a big advantage is offensive line, somewhat at LB- and that's about it. 

    I lived in ohio now off and on for over 10 years. I know the shit stains and the Bengals. What I find most hilarious is the national media all over the Browns. The talent is there no doubt about it. You can have all the talent in the world and it doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't put it to the field. The Steelers lose brown and blood is in the water despite it being irrational. Juju is really damn good. He's better than Landry and different than obj. The Steelers are a wide receiver factory and just drafted another potentially good one at the top of the third. We have Washington and moncrief as well. Check the latter's stats with Andrew luck. Jarvis Landry is a volume guy, he's not a dynamic wr. He catches a lot of balls and that's always been his m.o. And if the Browns did surpass the steelers on PAPER you can thank all the horrendous years where the team picked inside the top ten permanently. I would hope eventually they would get more even talent wise with that draft capital. 

    The steelers had a strong draft this year, our line is the best in the league and our qb is a hall of famer. Bush fills a large hole in the middle of the defense hence the uncharacteristic trade up by the steelers. You may also want to watch tape on benny snell if you haven't already before you go crowing your running backs. We can also revisit the offensive line difference which isn't even close even with munchak gone. You all act like the steelers are chopped liver now and wirh the media expectations of the Browns comes a lot of added pressure. I'm glad the Browns will be better but crowning yourselves is fucking hilarious and irrational.

    Browns aren't winning the division

    Edit: Ben isn't better than Mayfield? Lmao

    I also can't wait until you all need to start paying everyone, this isn't madden.

    I'm also happy to not post here for a while but people keep replying and I keep getting dinged so shut the fuck up and you can get a break. Xoxo

    @vagitron said:

    I lived in ohio now off and on for over 10 years. I know the shit stains and the Bengals. What I find most hilarious is the national media all over the Browns. The talent is there no doubt about it. You can have all the talent in the world and it doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't put it to the field. The Steelers lose brown and blood is in the water despite it being irrational. Juju is really damn good. He's better than Landry and different than obj. The Steelers are a wide receiver factory and just drafted another potentially good one at the top of the third. We have Washington and moncrief as well. Check the latter's stats with Andrew luck. Jarvis Landry is a volume guy, he's not a dynamic wr. He catches a lot of balls and that's always been his m.o. And if the Browns did surpass the steelers on PAPER you can thank all the horrendous years where the team picked inside the top ten permanently. I would hope eventually they would get more even talent wise with that draft capital. 

    The steelers had a strong draft this year, our line is the best in the league and our qb is a hall of famer. Bush fills a large hole in the middle of the defense hence the uncharacteristic trade up by the steelers. You may also want to watch tape on benny snell if you haven't already before you go crowing your running backs. We can also revisit the offensive line difference which isn't even close even with munchak gone. You all act like the steelers are chopped liver now and wirh the media expectations of the Browns comes a lot of added pressure. I'm glad the Browns will be better but crowning yourselves is fucking hilarious and irrational.

    Browns aren't winning the division

    Edit: Ben isn't better than Mayfield? Lmao

    I also can't wait until you all need to start paying everyone, this isn't madden.

    I'm also happy to not post here for a while but people keep replying and I keep getting dinged so shut the fuck up and you can get a break. Xoxo

    Well....the Steelers weren't as good as the Ravens last year  (in case you forgot).  

    The Browns, yes, on paper, have vastly improved in this offseason from  a team that was a couple of bad calls and  couple of missed kicks away from being in the playoffs. 

    The Steelers have NOT improved commensurately, not at all.   You lost AB...and your touting of your WR corps and how good you think it is is based on a WR corps that includes AB.   Juju does not come close to OBJ in talent.  You think that you disparage Landry by calling him a "volume guy"..and that he is not dynamic.  What he IS dynamic as is as a first down maker, a drive sustainer.  No one in the league has been as good as him at that over the past few years.

    Ben IS a Hall of Famer, but he just turned  37, but it remains to be seen if he will sustain with age like Brady/Brees.....or become like Eli Manning who may be pretty much done.  We know he is no longer as mobile as he was. (he may be in between).  Mayfield is an up and comer....and a new generation of QBs (including the likes of Darnold/Rosen/Allen etc.) may end up toppling the old guard as soon as this year.

    The Steelers OL, yes, IS, on paper (and in past production) better than the Browns. But despite plausibly better talent...I think it may have lost its mojo with the departure of Munchak...remains to be seen.

    So, you have one single unit that is probably better than the Browns unit.  (maybe 2 with the LB corps...).

    And while you may be right....the Browns may not win the division, the fact is, no one...not even your sorry delusional ass, can claim that they will not be a factor in the division race.

  • @hoorta said:

    Guess what? Neither are you.  You didn't win it last year, your draft and FA pickups pale in comparison to what the Browns have done, and I won't be surprised if you're looking up at the Ravens besides the Browns come January.   

    You got a running back named Benny Hill? I thought he was a comedian. Um, the Browns will have a guy named Kareem Hunt in the lineup the first time we play Pittsburgh. Ever hear of him?  Landry is a volume guy that makes the Pro Bowl every year. 

    Yup, that's all the Steeler fans got to hope for this season- that all the talent the Browns have amassed doesn't mesh. 

    Sure, some Browns fans are acting irrational and all but have the Super Bowl tickets printed already. Regarding the national media- hate to tell you, they're just reporting what they see. The talking heads that are saying pump the brakes, and you're overrating the Browns are WAY in the minority- so don't try and tell me 90%+ of them are biased. Could the Browns flop? Sure- everyone had the Jags penciled in for at least a repeat trip to the AFC Championship game last year, and they laid a major turd instead.  

    I can't wait for the season to start. Vernon is no better than either of the steeler defensive ends. Obj is really good but the steelers are a wr factory and have invested high draft picks in wr's for a while now. Juju was the last hit and Washington turned it on to end the season despite playing behind two 100 catch over 1000 yard receivers.  

    Ben > Baker

    Our offensive line > yours by a country mile.

    Our cancer in antonio brown is gone. Addition by subtraction. You need to get ready to be disappointed.

    Edit: and benny snell has been compared to nick chubb for a while. Hunt isn't any better than Connor. Go watch some benny snell tape.

    @vagitron said:

    I can't wait for the season to start. Vernon is no better than either of the steeler defensive ends. Obj is really good but the steelers are a wr factory and have invested high draft picks in wr's for a while now. Juju was the last hit and Washington turned it on to end the season despite playing behind two 100 catch over 1000 yard receivers.  

    Ben > Baker

    Our offensive line > yours by a country mile.

    Our cancer in antonio brown is gone. Addition by subtraction. You need to get ready to be disappointed.

    Edit: and benny snell has been compared to nick chubb for a while. Hunt isn't any better than Connor. Go watch some benny snell tape.

    Don't know if Vernon is better than either of the DEs the Steelers have....but he is at least just as good. And Garrett certainly is better.  And now with Sheldon Richardson, and Ogunjobi, the Browns DTs are better than the Steelers. 

    And your belief in your WRs is based pretty much on the fact that BR is the one throwing to them. OBJ was possibly better than AB...who you know longer have.  Juju is good, but in their way both OBJ and Landry are better....one as  a #1 WR, the other as a possession man. James Washington could be lucky to make the Browns 5th string WR, behind OBJ/Landry/Calloway/Higgins.  Moncrief?  I don't know a lot about him. Is he a burner? Possession guy?  He too would be fighting for the Browns #5 spot. 

    And your cancer is BR...not the other guys.  

    And Conner is not as good as either Chubb nor Hunt.    In case you don't recall...Kareem Hunt led the NFL in rushing year before last...so that puts him in a class with guys like Ezekiel Elliot and Adrian Peterson over the last 5 years.

  • @vagitron said:

     in antonio brown is gone. Addition by subtraction. You need to get ready to be disappointed.

    Edit: and benny snell has been compared to nick chubb for a while. Hunt isn't any better than Connor. Go watch some benny snell tape.

    You don't add by losing a HoF receiver.  I don't care how you would like to spin it.  

    Snell is a solid RB, not sure I would put him in the Nick category even pre-draft.  

    Hunt and Connor are two very different backs that, when healthy, are both arguably top 10 producers.   So they're comparable in that regard at least. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    You don't add by losing a HoF receiver.  I don't care how you would like to spin it.  

    Snell is a solid RB, not sure I would put him in the Nick category even pre-draft.  

    Hunt and Connor are two very different backs that, when healthy, are both arguably top 10 producers.   So they're comparable in that regard at least. 

    Well....FYI,   Chubb had more gross  yards than Conner....on fewer attempts.   996 vs. 973.

    Chubb was 5th in the leagues in Yards per attempt.   Conner was 28th.

    While Conner had more yards per game.....he had a lot more attempts....and started more games than Chubb.

  • You're a fucking idiot gipper. You are always wrong too. I hope you start getting shit right for a change. It has to be hard on your psyche.

    And it's clear that you ONLY watch Browns games. You mention Peterson who has been a shell of himself for several years now as a bench mark because he's one of the few non-browns you know without using Google. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Guess what? Neither are you.  You didn't win it last year, your draft and FA pickups pale in comparison to what the Browns have done, and I won't be surprised if you're looking up at the Ravens besides the Browns come January.   

    You got a running back named Benny Hill? I thought he was a comedian. Um, the Browns will have a guy named Kareem Hunt in the lineup the first time we play Pittsburgh. Ever hear of him?  Landry is a volume guy that makes the Pro Bowl every year. 

    Yup, that's all the Steeler fans got to hope for this season- that all the talent the Browns have amassed doesn't mesh. 

    Sure, some Browns fans are acting irrational and all but have the Super Bowl tickets printed already. Regarding the national media- hate to tell you, they're just reporting what they see. The talking heads that are saying pump the brakes, and you're overrating the Browns are WAY in the minority- so don't try and tell me 90%+ of them are biased. Could the Browns flop? Sure- everyone had the Jags penciled in for at least a repeat trip to the AFC Championship game last year, and they laid a major turd instead.  

    I can't wait for the season to start. Vernon is no better than either of the steeler defensive ends. Obj is really good but the steelers are a wr factory and have invested high draft picks in wr's for a while now. Juju was the last hit and Washington turned it on to end the season despite playing behind two 100 catch over 1000 yard receivers.  

    Ben > Baker

    Our offensive line > yours by a country mile.

    Our cancer in antonio brown is gone. Addition by subtraction. You need to get ready to be disappointed.

    Edit: and benny snell has been compared to nick chubb for a while. Hunt isn't any better than Connor. Go watch some benny snell tape.

    @vagitron said:

    Hunt isn't any better than Connor.

    This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

  • @vagitron said:

     in antonio brown is gone. Addition by subtraction. You need to get ready to be disappointed.

    Edit: and benny snell has been compared to nick chubb for a while. Hunt isn't any better than Connor. Go watch some benny snell tape.

    You don't add by losing a HoF receiver.  I don't care how you would like to spin it.  

    Snell is a solid RB, not sure I would put him in the Nick category even pre-draft.  

    Hunt and Connor are two very different backs that, when healthy, are both arguably top 10 producers.   So they're comparable in that regard at least. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    You don't add by losing a HoF receiver.  I don't care how you would like to spin it.  

    Snell is a solid RB, not sure I would put him in the Nick category even pre-draft.  

    Hunt and Connor are two very different backs that, when healthy, are both arguably top 10 producers.   So they're comparable in that regard at least. 

    Look at the mental gymnastics he has to perform to convince himself. There a big segment of their fanbase that does this...

    I'm eagerly waiting Monday mornings this year, stool fans gonna lose their minds.

  • @vagitron said:

    Hunt isn't any better than Connor.

    This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

    @canton-dawg said:

    This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

    He isn't?  Connor missed several games last season, scored 12 td's and would have gone well over 1000 yards had he not got hurt. Why is it dumb? have you watched either play at great length? or is it just because it serves you to say it's dumb?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

    He isn't?  Connor missed several games last season, scored 12 td's and would have gone well over 1000 yards had he not got hurt. Why is it dumb? have you watched either play at great length? or is it just because it serves you to say it's dumb?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

    He isn't?  Connor missed several games last season, scored 12 td's and would have gone well over 1000 yards had he not got hurt. Why is it dumb? have you watched either play at great length? or is it just because it serves you to say it's dumb?

    @vagitron said:

    Why is it dumb? 

    Because you're a Homer and an idiot. Besides his fumbling issue, and being prone to injury, he still isn't close to the rookie who led the league in yardage. Doesn't mean he's garbage either, but to say Connor is better than hunt is hilariously misguided, misinformed, and frankly, and lazy. What genius nugget you gonna offer next....that bid the dud is better than Garret? 

    You're a fuking clown man...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You don't add by losing a HoF receiver.  I don't care how you would like to spin it.  

    Snell is a solid RB, not sure I would put him in the Nick category even pre-draft.  

    Hunt and Connor are two very different backs that, when healthy, are both arguably top 10 producers.   So they're comparable in that regard at least. 

    Look at the mental gymnastics he has to perform to convince himself. There a big segment of their fanbase that does this...

    I'm eagerly waiting Monday mornings this year, stool fans gonna lose their minds.

    @choco said:

    Look at the mental gymnastics he has to perform to convince himself. There a big segment of their fanbase that does this...

    I'm eagerly waiting Monday mornings this year, stool fans gonna lose their minds.

    Or you are going to look like a damn moron.  Antonio Brown was a full on cancer and it only started shaking out when he started forcing his way out.  He also didn't force his way out because of Ben he forced his way out because of money. I've been here a long time, even longer than this name suggests.  I joined this board when i was in college because so many of my college friends are diehard browns fans and I wanted to be able to talk shit intelligently and I've been here every since. During that time I've read countless times the Steelers were headed for the gutter and not once has that rung true.  What makes you think it's going to be true now? Antonio Brown was the entire team?

    As far as your current residential status is concerned there is something you need to understand.  The Steeler fans you encounter aren't likely the same kind of Steeler fan I am.  I seek out information on the entire division.  I follow over 30 beat writers via twitter, pay for access with at least one.  I don't get my info from kdka, wpxi, wtae, mark madden or 93.7 the fan. The latter being fucking terrible and the fans that get their info exclusively there are some of the least informed in the entire fan base.  They are the "fire tomlin crowd" they are the "Ben is washed up crowd" they are the "why did we let hines ward retire crowd" and the "polamalu still had gas in the tank crowd".  You don't have the pulse of the fan base in your little office choco and you never will because those fans function on the base level.  It's time you stop acting like you know anything more than those kinds of fans because you are exactly the same.  I don't live in Pittsburgh currently but i follow the teams like I always have and it's never going to change.  You, along with dementia santa gipper have been two of the worst when it comes to the demise of the Steelers and you are ALWAYS wrong.  Who knows maybe you will be right one of these times but based on what I know, what i see and certainly what I read it's going to be yet another season of you being wrong.

  • You're a fucking idiot gipper. You are always wrong too. I hope you start getting shit right for a change. It has to be hard on your psyche.

    And it's clear that you ONLY watch Browns games. You mention Peterson who has been a shell of himself for several years now as a bench mark because he's one of the few non-browns you know without using Google. 

    @vagitron said:

    You're a fucking idiot gipper. You are always wrong too. I hope you start getting shit right for a change. It has to be hard on your psyche.

    And it's clear that you ONLY watch Browns games. You mention Peterson who has been a shell of himself for several years now as a bench mark because he's one of the few non-browns you know without using Google. 

    Translation:   I hit everything right on the nose and the Steeler snatch hole can't handle it.

    Sure, Adrian Peterson is NOW a shell of himself....but he still lead the league in rushing just 4 years ago.  I was listing people who have won the NFL rushing title in the last 5 years.....as did Hunt...and Peterson.   And I used him because he may have been a name you know...because you don't know much at all about football or the people that have played it. 

    And FYI....Hunt also had a better YPC than Conner.

    The fact is....the Browns will have (when Hunt comes off suspension)....two RBs better than anyone the Steelers have.   And we can't forget Duke Johnson for the role he fulfills.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

    He isn't?  Connor missed several games last season, scored 12 td's and would have gone well over 1000 yards had he not got hurt. Why is it dumb? have you watched either play at great length? or is it just because it serves you to say it's dumb?

    @vagitron said:

    He isn't?  Connor missed several games last season, scored 12 td's and would have gone well over 1000 yards had he not got hurt. Why is it dumb? have you watched either play at great length? or is it just because it serves you to say it's dumb?

    Chubb ran for more yards than Conner....in fewer games (because Carlos Hyde started the season as the #1 RB)   Hunt was not too far behind Conner....in quite a number of fewer games and many fewer carries.  (suspension).

    And Hunt won the NFL rushing title the year before in a full season.   More than L. Bell, Gurley, Elliot...anyone.   He was 4th in YPC that year (behind Kamara and Cam Newton)....and L. Bell was only 24th.

  • RkPlayerTmAgePosGGSAttYdsTDLngY/A
     

    28 James Conner*PIT23RB131221597312304.574.84

     28th in the league in average yards per carry (last time I looked there were only  32 teams in the league

  •  I joined this board when i was in college because so many of my college friends are diehard browns fans and I wanted to be able to talk shit intelligently

    So?  When is this going to start happening?

    You, along with dementia santa gipper have been two of the worst when it comes to the demise of the Steelers and you are ALWAYS wrong.  

    Except, of course, I have never said that the Steelers were on the demise.  In fact, just last year I predicted them to win the division...because I knew the Browns weren't likely to challenge coming off 0-16,  (I was right) and I felt that the Bengals would falter (right again),  and when it came down to between the Steelers and Ravens, I thought the Steelers had the better QB and more stability.  I guess even I get it wrong.  The Browns nearly proved me right if they could have finished that last drive vs. the Rats, but it was not to be.    So...it was really the Steelers who disappointed my prediction of them winning the division.

  • @vagitron said:

    You're a fucking idiot gipper. You are always wrong too. I hope you start getting shit right for a change. It has to be hard on your psyche.

    And it's clear that you ONLY watch Browns games. You mention Peterson who has been a shell of himself for several years now as a bench mark because he's one of the few non-browns you know without using Google. 

    Translation:   I hit everything right on the nose and the Steeler snatch hole can't handle it.

    Sure, Adrian Peterson is NOW a shell of himself....but he still lead the league in rushing just 4 years ago.  I was listing people who have won the NFL rushing title in the last 5 years.....as did Hunt...and Peterson.   And I used him because he may have been a name you know...because you don't know much at all about football or the people that have played it. 

    And FYI....Hunt also had a better YPC than Conner.

    The fact is....the Browns will have (when Hunt comes off suspension)....two RBs better than anyone the Steelers have.   And we can't forget Duke Johnson for the role he fulfills.

    @the-gipper said:

    Translation:   I hit everything right on the nose and the Steeler snatch hole can't handle it.

    Sure, Adrian Peterson is NOW a shell of himself....but he still lead the league in rushing just 4 years ago.  I was listing people who have won the NFL rushing title in the last 5 years.....as did Hunt...and Peterson.   And I used him because he may have been a name you know...because you don't know much at all about football or the people that have played it. 

    And FYI....Hunt also had a better YPC than Conner.

    The fact is....the Browns will have (when Hunt comes off suspension)....two RBs better than anyone the Steelers have.   And we can't forget Duke Johnson for the role he fulfills.

    Adrian Peterson isn't even top 10. You don't know how hunt will be for the Browns nor do you know how Connor will be in year two as a full time starter.  The Steelers also have Jaylen Samuels if you want to bring up Duke Johnson and Duke wants out.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Translation:   I hit everything right on the nose and the Steeler snatch hole can't handle it.

    Sure, Adrian Peterson is NOW a shell of himself....but he still lead the league in rushing just 4 years ago.  I was listing people who have won the NFL rushing title in the last 5 years.....as did Hunt...and Peterson.   And I used him because he may have been a name you know...because you don't know much at all about football or the people that have played it. 

    And FYI....Hunt also had a better YPC than Conner.

    The fact is....the Browns will have (when Hunt comes off suspension)....two RBs better than anyone the Steelers have.   And we can't forget Duke Johnson for the role he fulfills.

    Adrian Peterson isn't even top 10. You don't know how hunt will be for the Browns nor do you know how Connor will be in year two as a full time starter.  The Steelers also have Jaylen Samuels if you want to bring up Duke Johnson and Duke wants out.

    @vagitron said:

    Adrian Peterson isn't even top 10. You don't know how hunt will be for the Browns nor do you know how Connor will be in year two as a full time starter.  The Steelers also have Jaylen Samuels if you want to bring up Duke Johnson and Duke wants out.

    Peterson won the NFL rushing title in 2015.  I merely referenced those people who had won the NFL rushing title since 2015.  Peterson was one of them...Elliot won 2, and Hunt won one.   

    What is it about that that you do not understand?  Why are you as stupid about understanding these simple facts as you are about everything else? And no Shit Sherlock...he is not what he once was 5 years later.  But like I said, I am just relating history.

    And you say we do not know what Conner will be capable as a full time starter....but actually we do...because he WAS your full time starter last year. Until he was injured, he was the starting RB from the beginning of the season.

    So, we know this about him from his history:  He is capable of being 28th place in the league in YPC.  So far he is not capable of lasting a whole season without being injured. 

    And we do know that Hunt is capable of:  Winning an NFL rushing title as a full time starter.  Being #4 in YPC.   

    And we know what Chubb is capable of whole NOT being the full time starter:  Being #5 in YPC in the league.  Running for more yards than Conner in fewer games and fewer carries.

    As for Duke...he is a very productive, quality player.  If he wants out it is because he sees what is in front of him....two highly capable RBs both of which have Pro Bowl potential.

    As between he and Jaylen Samuels, while they may be similar, I would not trade Duke straight up for him. Any stats Samuels produced was as the #1 back after Conner got hurt.  Duke was never #1...he was the third down back behind Hyde and Chubb.

  • RkPlayerTmAgePosGGSAttYdsTDLngY/A
     

    28 James Conner*PIT23RB131221597312304.574.84

     28th in the league in average yards per carry (last time I looked there were only  32 teams in the league

    @the-gipper said:

    RkPlayerTmAgePosGGSAttYdsTDLngY/A
     

    28 James Conner*PIT23RB131221597312304.574.84

     28th in the league in average yards per carry (last time I looked there were only  32 teams in the league

    Are you really this dumb? There are guys on the list with 100 carries that have a higher average but also half the production.  You can't measure the prowess of any running back solely on a per rush average.  EDIT: You don't even know who jaylen samuels is gipper.  You exclusively talk out of your ass.

  • @the-gipper said:

    RkPlayerTmAgePosGGSAttYdsTDLngY/A
     

    28 James Conner*PIT23RB131221597312304.574.84

     28th in the league in average yards per carry (last time I looked there were only  32 teams in the league

    Are you really this dumb? There are guys on the list with 100 carries that have a higher average but also half the production.  You can't measure the prowess of any running back solely on a per rush average.  EDIT: You don't even know who jaylen samuels is gipper.  You exclusively talk out of your ass.

    @vagitron said:

    Are you really this dumb? There are guys on the list with 100 carries that have a higher average but also half the production.  You can't measure the prowess of any linebacker solely on a per rush average.  EDIT: You don't even know who jaylen samuels is gipper.  You exclusively talk out of your ass.

    You are right....we cannot judge the prowess of a linebacker on his rush per average.

    But you can measure the prowess of a running back by that.

    E. g.   Jim Brown has the highest  ypc average in the history of the game (for an RB...I think Mike Vick may have a higher one).  It is what he is judged on.  (but I doubt you know that because don't know shit about football)

    And certainly I know who Samuels is....the Steeler backup RB who had to come in because Conner was hurt. 

    Or are you claiming it was Ridley...he who gained all of 80 yards rushing last year...fewer than BR.

    And of those guys with better ypc...at least  18 of them ARE their teams  starting RB.  I won't list all the names....you can look them up yourself...if you are capable.   What it says is that Conner is in the lower half of starting RBs in the league in yards per carry.  (and that is behind your great starting OL)

    And we certainly can judge them by that.  Everyone does but you apparently.

  • @gunz41 said:

    I didn't go through all the posts, but I am surprised nobody mentioned to the Steeler fan boy that a big reason Greedy didn't tackle was because he had a shoulder injury. 

    So Vagitron, let's look through the positions and compare. And that inst to say Pitt cant or wont win the North, they certainly could, the Browns are still young and building.

    QB- I'll give Pitt an edge at the moment, but not for the future 

    RB- Browns with the edge

    WR- Browns certainly with the edge

    OL- Steelers certainly 

    DL- Browns slightly 

    LB- Steelers at the moment 

    DB- Browns

    ST- I'll give Pitt a slight edge

    I can see in 2 years Steelers having an edge in 1 category (OL) and possibly 2.

    No reason to come up with stuff to talk negatively about something non football related. I can certainly remember you defending Antonio for everything until he was gone

    The Steeler OL edge is a lot less sharp now that Munchak is gone from there.  But as noted in other threads, Browns OL is still a  question mark at a couple of spots, so yes, they would still get the edge based on overall talent and experience there.

    @the-gipper said:

    The Steeler OL edge is a lot less sharp now that Munchak is gone from there.  But as noted in other threads, Browns OL is still a  question mark at a couple of spots, so yes, they would still get the edge based on overall talent and experience there.

    You don't know anything about any of this Gipper.  Why do you try to be an authority on everything? You go to google and exist solely on soundbites like our dip shit President.  Munchak is gone, it's a blow but the lineman on the team aren't suddenly going to forget how to play and his replacement is good in his own right.  You pull stuff out of your ass and declare it as fact.  I think i remember you saying you are an attorney? and maybe that's why.  You talk your way into shit in such a way that the meek take you at face value. You don't know anything about offensive line development.  You only know what other people tell you about munchak and you continue to foam at the mouth. Get a grip grampy claus.