Skip to content

Greedy Williams

Locked The Browns Board
348 38 8.9k 1
  • @vagitron said:

    Hunt isn't any better than Connor.

    This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

    @canton-dawg said:

    This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

    He isn't?  Connor missed several games last season, scored 12 td's and would have gone well over 1000 yards had he not got hurt. Why is it dumb? have you watched either play at great length? or is it just because it serves you to say it's dumb?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

    He isn't?  Connor missed several games last season, scored 12 td's and would have gone well over 1000 yards had he not got hurt. Why is it dumb? have you watched either play at great length? or is it just because it serves you to say it's dumb?

  • @canton-dawg said:

    This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

    He isn't?  Connor missed several games last season, scored 12 td's and would have gone well over 1000 yards had he not got hurt. Why is it dumb? have you watched either play at great length? or is it just because it serves you to say it's dumb?

    @vagitron said:

    Why is it dumb? 

    Because you're a Homer and an idiot. Besides his fumbling issue, and being prone to injury, he still isn't close to the rookie who led the league in yardage. Doesn't mean he's garbage either, but to say Connor is better than hunt is hilariously misguided, misinformed, and frankly, and lazy. What genius nugget you gonna offer next....that bid the dud is better than Garret? 

    You're a fuking clown man...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You don't add by losing a HoF receiver.  I don't care how you would like to spin it.  

    Snell is a solid RB, not sure I would put him in the Nick category even pre-draft.  

    Hunt and Connor are two very different backs that, when healthy, are both arguably top 10 producers.   So they're comparable in that regard at least. 

    Look at the mental gymnastics he has to perform to convince himself. There a big segment of their fanbase that does this...

    I'm eagerly waiting Monday mornings this year, stool fans gonna lose their minds.

    @choco said:

    Look at the mental gymnastics he has to perform to convince himself. There a big segment of their fanbase that does this...

    I'm eagerly waiting Monday mornings this year, stool fans gonna lose their minds.

    Or you are going to look like a damn moron.  Antonio Brown was a full on cancer and it only started shaking out when he started forcing his way out.  He also didn't force his way out because of Ben he forced his way out because of money. I've been here a long time, even longer than this name suggests.  I joined this board when i was in college because so many of my college friends are diehard browns fans and I wanted to be able to talk shit intelligently and I've been here every since. During that time I've read countless times the Steelers were headed for the gutter and not once has that rung true.  What makes you think it's going to be true now? Antonio Brown was the entire team?

    As far as your current residential status is concerned there is something you need to understand.  The Steeler fans you encounter aren't likely the same kind of Steeler fan I am.  I seek out information on the entire division.  I follow over 30 beat writers via twitter, pay for access with at least one.  I don't get my info from kdka, wpxi, wtae, mark madden or 93.7 the fan. The latter being fucking terrible and the fans that get their info exclusively there are some of the least informed in the entire fan base.  They are the "fire tomlin crowd" they are the "Ben is washed up crowd" they are the "why did we let hines ward retire crowd" and the "polamalu still had gas in the tank crowd".  You don't have the pulse of the fan base in your little office choco and you never will because those fans function on the base level.  It's time you stop acting like you know anything more than those kinds of fans because you are exactly the same.  I don't live in Pittsburgh currently but i follow the teams like I always have and it's never going to change.  You, along with dementia santa gipper have been two of the worst when it comes to the demise of the Steelers and you are ALWAYS wrong.  Who knows maybe you will be right one of these times but based on what I know, what i see and certainly what I read it's going to be yet another season of you being wrong.

  • You're a fucking idiot gipper. You are always wrong too. I hope you start getting shit right for a change. It has to be hard on your psyche.

    And it's clear that you ONLY watch Browns games. You mention Peterson who has been a shell of himself for several years now as a bench mark because he's one of the few non-browns you know without using Google. 

    @vagitron said:

    You're a fucking idiot gipper. You are always wrong too. I hope you start getting shit right for a change. It has to be hard on your psyche.

    And it's clear that you ONLY watch Browns games. You mention Peterson who has been a shell of himself for several years now as a bench mark because he's one of the few non-browns you know without using Google. 

    Translation:   I hit everything right on the nose and the Steeler snatch hole can't handle it.

    Sure, Adrian Peterson is NOW a shell of himself....but he still lead the league in rushing just 4 years ago.  I was listing people who have won the NFL rushing title in the last 5 years.....as did Hunt...and Peterson.   And I used him because he may have been a name you know...because you don't know much at all about football or the people that have played it. 

    And FYI....Hunt also had a better YPC than Conner.

    The fact is....the Browns will have (when Hunt comes off suspension)....two RBs better than anyone the Steelers have.   And we can't forget Duke Johnson for the role he fulfills.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    This is the dumbest shit I've read in a long time.

    He isn't?  Connor missed several games last season, scored 12 td's and would have gone well over 1000 yards had he not got hurt. Why is it dumb? have you watched either play at great length? or is it just because it serves you to say it's dumb?

    @vagitron said:

    He isn't?  Connor missed several games last season, scored 12 td's and would have gone well over 1000 yards had he not got hurt. Why is it dumb? have you watched either play at great length? or is it just because it serves you to say it's dumb?

    Chubb ran for more yards than Conner....in fewer games (because Carlos Hyde started the season as the #1 RB)   Hunt was not too far behind Conner....in quite a number of fewer games and many fewer carries.  (suspension).

    And Hunt won the NFL rushing title the year before in a full season.   More than L. Bell, Gurley, Elliot...anyone.   He was 4th in YPC that year (behind Kamara and Cam Newton)....and L. Bell was only 24th.

  • RkPlayerTmAgePosGGSAttYdsTDLngY/A
     

    28 James Conner*PIT23RB131221597312304.574.84

     28th in the league in average yards per carry (last time I looked there were only  32 teams in the league

  •  I joined this board when i was in college because so many of my college friends are diehard browns fans and I wanted to be able to talk shit intelligently

    So?  When is this going to start happening?

    You, along with dementia santa gipper have been two of the worst when it comes to the demise of the Steelers and you are ALWAYS wrong.  

    Except, of course, I have never said that the Steelers were on the demise.  In fact, just last year I predicted them to win the division...because I knew the Browns weren't likely to challenge coming off 0-16,  (I was right) and I felt that the Bengals would falter (right again),  and when it came down to between the Steelers and Ravens, I thought the Steelers had the better QB and more stability.  I guess even I get it wrong.  The Browns nearly proved me right if they could have finished that last drive vs. the Rats, but it was not to be.    So...it was really the Steelers who disappointed my prediction of them winning the division.

  • @vagitron said:

    You're a fucking idiot gipper. You are always wrong too. I hope you start getting shit right for a change. It has to be hard on your psyche.

    And it's clear that you ONLY watch Browns games. You mention Peterson who has been a shell of himself for several years now as a bench mark because he's one of the few non-browns you know without using Google. 

    Translation:   I hit everything right on the nose and the Steeler snatch hole can't handle it.

    Sure, Adrian Peterson is NOW a shell of himself....but he still lead the league in rushing just 4 years ago.  I was listing people who have won the NFL rushing title in the last 5 years.....as did Hunt...and Peterson.   And I used him because he may have been a name you know...because you don't know much at all about football or the people that have played it. 

    And FYI....Hunt also had a better YPC than Conner.

    The fact is....the Browns will have (when Hunt comes off suspension)....two RBs better than anyone the Steelers have.   And we can't forget Duke Johnson for the role he fulfills.

    @the-gipper said:

    Translation:   I hit everything right on the nose and the Steeler snatch hole can't handle it.

    Sure, Adrian Peterson is NOW a shell of himself....but he still lead the league in rushing just 4 years ago.  I was listing people who have won the NFL rushing title in the last 5 years.....as did Hunt...and Peterson.   And I used him because he may have been a name you know...because you don't know much at all about football or the people that have played it. 

    And FYI....Hunt also had a better YPC than Conner.

    The fact is....the Browns will have (when Hunt comes off suspension)....two RBs better than anyone the Steelers have.   And we can't forget Duke Johnson for the role he fulfills.

    Adrian Peterson isn't even top 10. You don't know how hunt will be for the Browns nor do you know how Connor will be in year two as a full time starter.  The Steelers also have Jaylen Samuels if you want to bring up Duke Johnson and Duke wants out.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Translation:   I hit everything right on the nose and the Steeler snatch hole can't handle it.

    Sure, Adrian Peterson is NOW a shell of himself....but he still lead the league in rushing just 4 years ago.  I was listing people who have won the NFL rushing title in the last 5 years.....as did Hunt...and Peterson.   And I used him because he may have been a name you know...because you don't know much at all about football or the people that have played it. 

    And FYI....Hunt also had a better YPC than Conner.

    The fact is....the Browns will have (when Hunt comes off suspension)....two RBs better than anyone the Steelers have.   And we can't forget Duke Johnson for the role he fulfills.

    Adrian Peterson isn't even top 10. You don't know how hunt will be for the Browns nor do you know how Connor will be in year two as a full time starter.  The Steelers also have Jaylen Samuels if you want to bring up Duke Johnson and Duke wants out.

    @vagitron said:

    Adrian Peterson isn't even top 10. You don't know how hunt will be for the Browns nor do you know how Connor will be in year two as a full time starter.  The Steelers also have Jaylen Samuels if you want to bring up Duke Johnson and Duke wants out.

    Peterson won the NFL rushing title in 2015.  I merely referenced those people who had won the NFL rushing title since 2015.  Peterson was one of them...Elliot won 2, and Hunt won one.   

    What is it about that that you do not understand?  Why are you as stupid about understanding these simple facts as you are about everything else? And no Shit Sherlock...he is not what he once was 5 years later.  But like I said, I am just relating history.

    And you say we do not know what Conner will be capable as a full time starter....but actually we do...because he WAS your full time starter last year. Until he was injured, he was the starting RB from the beginning of the season.

    So, we know this about him from his history:  He is capable of being 28th place in the league in YPC.  So far he is not capable of lasting a whole season without being injured. 

    And we do know that Hunt is capable of:  Winning an NFL rushing title as a full time starter.  Being #4 in YPC.   

    And we know what Chubb is capable of whole NOT being the full time starter:  Being #5 in YPC in the league.  Running for more yards than Conner in fewer games and fewer carries.

    As for Duke...he is a very productive, quality player.  If he wants out it is because he sees what is in front of him....two highly capable RBs both of which have Pro Bowl potential.

    As between he and Jaylen Samuels, while they may be similar, I would not trade Duke straight up for him. Any stats Samuels produced was as the #1 back after Conner got hurt.  Duke was never #1...he was the third down back behind Hyde and Chubb.

  • RkPlayerTmAgePosGGSAttYdsTDLngY/A
     

    28 James Conner*PIT23RB131221597312304.574.84

     28th in the league in average yards per carry (last time I looked there were only  32 teams in the league

    @the-gipper said:

    RkPlayerTmAgePosGGSAttYdsTDLngY/A
     

    28 James Conner*PIT23RB131221597312304.574.84

     28th in the league in average yards per carry (last time I looked there were only  32 teams in the league

    Are you really this dumb? There are guys on the list with 100 carries that have a higher average but also half the production.  You can't measure the prowess of any running back solely on a per rush average.  EDIT: You don't even know who jaylen samuels is gipper.  You exclusively talk out of your ass.

  • @the-gipper said:

    RkPlayerTmAgePosGGSAttYdsTDLngY/A
     

    28 James Conner*PIT23RB131221597312304.574.84

     28th in the league in average yards per carry (last time I looked there were only  32 teams in the league

    Are you really this dumb? There are guys on the list with 100 carries that have a higher average but also half the production.  You can't measure the prowess of any running back solely on a per rush average.  EDIT: You don't even know who jaylen samuels is gipper.  You exclusively talk out of your ass.

    @vagitron said:

    Are you really this dumb? There are guys on the list with 100 carries that have a higher average but also half the production.  You can't measure the prowess of any linebacker solely on a per rush average.  EDIT: You don't even know who jaylen samuels is gipper.  You exclusively talk out of your ass.

    You are right....we cannot judge the prowess of a linebacker on his rush per average.

    But you can measure the prowess of a running back by that.

    E. g.   Jim Brown has the highest  ypc average in the history of the game (for an RB...I think Mike Vick may have a higher one).  It is what he is judged on.  (but I doubt you know that because don't know shit about football)

    And certainly I know who Samuels is....the Steeler backup RB who had to come in because Conner was hurt. 

    Or are you claiming it was Ridley...he who gained all of 80 yards rushing last year...fewer than BR.

    And of those guys with better ypc...at least  18 of them ARE their teams  starting RB.  I won't list all the names....you can look them up yourself...if you are capable.   What it says is that Conner is in the lower half of starting RBs in the league in yards per carry.  (and that is behind your great starting OL)

    And we certainly can judge them by that.  Everyone does but you apparently.

  • @gunz41 said:

    I didn't go through all the posts, but I am surprised nobody mentioned to the Steeler fan boy that a big reason Greedy didn't tackle was because he had a shoulder injury. 

    So Vagitron, let's look through the positions and compare. And that inst to say Pitt cant or wont win the North, they certainly could, the Browns are still young and building.

    QB- I'll give Pitt an edge at the moment, but not for the future 

    RB- Browns with the edge

    WR- Browns certainly with the edge

    OL- Steelers certainly 

    DL- Browns slightly 

    LB- Steelers at the moment 

    DB- Browns

    ST- I'll give Pitt a slight edge

    I can see in 2 years Steelers having an edge in 1 category (OL) and possibly 2.

    No reason to come up with stuff to talk negatively about something non football related. I can certainly remember you defending Antonio for everything until he was gone

    The Steeler OL edge is a lot less sharp now that Munchak is gone from there.  But as noted in other threads, Browns OL is still a  question mark at a couple of spots, so yes, they would still get the edge based on overall talent and experience there.

    @the-gipper said:

    The Steeler OL edge is a lot less sharp now that Munchak is gone from there.  But as noted in other threads, Browns OL is still a  question mark at a couple of spots, so yes, they would still get the edge based on overall talent and experience there.

    You don't know anything about any of this Gipper.  Why do you try to be an authority on everything? You go to google and exist solely on soundbites like our dip shit President.  Munchak is gone, it's a blow but the lineman on the team aren't suddenly going to forget how to play and his replacement is good in his own right.  You pull stuff out of your ass and declare it as fact.  I think i remember you saying you are an attorney? and maybe that's why.  You talk your way into shit in such a way that the meek take you at face value. You don't know anything about offensive line development.  You only know what other people tell you about munchak and you continue to foam at the mouth. Get a grip grampy claus.

  • @vagitron said:

    Are you really this dumb? There are guys on the list with 100 carries that have a higher average but also half the production.  You can't measure the prowess of any linebacker solely on a per rush average.  EDIT: You don't even know who jaylen samuels is gipper.  You exclusively talk out of your ass.

    You are right....we cannot judge the prowess of a linebacker on his rush per average.

    But you can measure the prowess of a running back by that.

    E. g.   Jim Brown has the highest  ypc average in the history of the game (for an RB...I think Mike Vick may have a higher one).  It is what he is judged on.  (but I doubt you know that because don't know shit about football)

    And certainly I know who Samuels is....the Steeler backup RB who had to come in because Conner was hurt. 

    Or are you claiming it was Ridley...he who gained all of 80 yards rushing last year...fewer than BR.

    And of those guys with better ypc...at least  18 of them ARE their teams  starting RB.  I won't list all the names....you can look them up yourself...if you are capable.   What it says is that Conner is in the lower half of starting RBs in the league in yards per carry.  (and that is behind your great starting OL)

    And we certainly can judge them by that.  Everyone does but you apparently.

    @the-gipper said:

    You are right....we cannot judge the prowess of a linebacker on his rush per average.

    But you can measure the prowess of a running back by that.

    E. g.   Jim Brown has the highest  ypc average in the history of the game (for an RB...I think Mike Vick may have a higher one).  It is what he is judged on.  (but I doubt you know that because don't know shit about football)

    And certainly I know who Samuels is....the Steeler backup RB who had to come in because Conner was hurt. 

    Or are you claiming it was Ridley...he who gained all of 80 yards rushing last year...fewer than BR.

    Jim Brown got passed by Jamal Charles fyi.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Steeler OL edge is a lot less sharp now that Munchak is gone from there.  But as noted in other threads, Browns OL is still a  question mark at a couple of spots, so yes, they would still get the edge based on overall talent and experience there.

    You don't know anything about any of this Gipper.  Why do you try to be an authority on everything? You go to google and exist solely on soundbites like our dip shit President.  Munchak is gone, it's a blow but the lineman on the team aren't suddenly going to forget how to play and his replacement is good in his own right.  You pull stuff out of your ass and declare it as fact.  I think i remember you saying you are an attorney? and maybe that's why.  You talk your way into shit in such a way that the meek take you at face value. You don't know anything about offensive line development.  You only know what other people tell you about munchak and you continue to foam at the mouth. Get a grip grampy claus.

    @vagitron said:

    You don't know anything about any of this Gipper.  Why do you try to be an authority on everything? You go to google and exist solely on soundbites like our dip shit President.  Munchak is gone, it's a blow but the lineman on the team aren't suddenly going to forget how to play and his replacement is good in his own right.  You pull stuff out of your ass and declare it as fact.  I think i remember you saying you are an attorney? and maybe that's why.  You talk  your way into shit in such a way that the meek take you as face value. You don't know anything about offensive line development.  You only know what other people tell you about munchak and you continue to foam at the mouth. Get a grip grampy claus.

    Whatever I may know....it is a lot more than you do.

    In fact, the bold up there is exactly my point.  Munchak is gone and its a blow.   So...on THE main core issue of what we have said...you have confirmed that I am right. 

    If I pulled that out of my ass....you were right there alongside of me pulling with me.

    And yea, sure, I only know anything about Munchak because someone else told me.  Except, of course, I was around watching him for his HOF career with the Oilers alongside another HOFer Bruce Mathews...which was probably before you were born.  And I saw him as HC of the Titans do a decent job but getting canned nevertheless.  You see...you are just one little dumb young **MASK**.  I have seen and forgetten more about football than you have in your short miserable little life as a hotdog seller.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You are right....we cannot judge the prowess of a linebacker on his rush per average.

    But you can measure the prowess of a running back by that.

    E. g.   Jim Brown has the highest  ypc average in the history of the game (for an RB...I think Mike Vick may have a higher one).  It is what he is judged on.  (but I doubt you know that because don't know shit about football)

    And certainly I know who Samuels is....the Steeler backup RB who had to come in because Conner was hurt. 

    Or are you claiming it was Ridley...he who gained all of 80 yards rushing last year...fewer than BR.

    Jim Brown got passed by Jamal Charles fyi.

    @vagitron said:

    Jim Brown got passed by Jamal Charles fyi.

    Had to look that up?  Charles was a good back.

    But would anyone trade Jim Brown for him?  No.  

  • @vagitron said:

    Jim Brown got passed by Jamal Charles fyi.

    Had to look that up?  Charles was a good back.

    But would anyone trade Jim Brown for him?  No.  

    @the-gipper said:

    Had to look that up?  Charles was a good back.

    But would anyone trade Jim Brown for him?  No.  

    No, i didn't have to look it up.  I remember when it happened. They are also from completely different eras.  Jim Brown would not be as good now as he was then as players are bigger, faster and stronger now than they were during the brown era and that much is unarguable.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Had to look that up?  Charles was a good back.

    But would anyone trade Jim Brown for him?  No.  

    No, i didn't have to look it up.  I remember when it happened. They are also from completely different eras.  Jim Brown would not be as good now as he was then as players are bigger, faster and stronger now than they were during the brown era and that much is unarguable.

    @vagitron said:

    Munchak is gone, it's a blow but the lineman on the team aren't suddenly going to forget how to play and his replacement is good in his own right. 

      well, go look this up, vegitron. Your rapistbooger was SACKED 24 TIMES for 166 yards loss last year. and that is with A. Brown to throw to, and A. Brown ditched your team.

       Stick a cork in it, and...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Had to look that up?  Charles was a good back.

    But would anyone trade Jim Brown for him?  No.  

    No, i didn't have to look it up.  I remember when it happened. They are also from completely different eras.  Jim Brown would not be as good now as he was then as players are bigger, faster and stronger now than they were during the brown era and that much is unarguable.

    @vagitron said:

    No, i didn't have to look it up.  I remember when it happened. They are also from completely different eras.  Jim Brown would not be as good now as he was then as players are bigger, faster and stronger now than they were during the brown era and that much is unarguable.

    This just proves how ignorant you are.

    Jim Brown was bigger, faster, stronger than just about any RB that is playing today:

    Adrian Peterson 5'11  217

    Zeke Elliot  6.0  225

    Hunt   5' 11  205

    Chubb 5'10 227

    Conner  6'2 229

    LeSean McCoy  5'11  207

    Marshawn Lynch  5'11 215

    Jim Brown  6'2   232

    Jim Brown would be the best RB in this league...here, now today.  

    FYI....I have made a study of this:  The ONLY positions playing today that are actually any bigger than the players that played in the 60s  are Offensive linemen...and defensive tackle (mainly 3-4 nose tackles).  And yes....QBs have gotten taller on average.   (but is that about to change back to shorter average QBs...what with Murray/Mayfield etc. being shorter?

    WRs are no bigger,  DEs are no bigger, LBs are no bigger, DBs are no bigger.  RBs are no bigger.

    Can you imagine how Jim Brown would have run behind these bigger OL? Unstoppable.

  • @vagitron said:

    No, i didn't have to look it up.  I remember when it happened. They are also from completely different eras.  Jim Brown would not be as good now as he was then as players are bigger, faster and stronger now than they were during the brown era and that much is unarguable.

    This just proves how ignorant you are.

    Jim Brown was bigger, faster, stronger than just about any RB that is playing today:

    Adrian Peterson 5'11  217

    Zeke Elliot  6.0  225

    Hunt   5' 11  205

    Chubb 5'10 227

    Conner  6'2 229

    LeSean McCoy  5'11  207

    Marshawn Lynch  5'11 215

    Jim Brown  6'2   232

    Jim Brown would be the best RB in this league...here, now today.  

    FYI....I have made a study of this:  The ONLY positions playing today that are actually any bigger than the players that played in the 60s  are Offensive linemen...and defensive tackle (mainly 3-4 nose tackles).  And yes....QBs have gotten taller on average.   (but is that about to change back to shorter average QBs...what with Murray/Mayfield etc. being shorter?

    WRs are no bigger,  DEs are no bigger, LBs are no bigger, DBs are no bigger.  RBs are no bigger.

    Can you imagine how Jim Brown would have run behind these bigger OL? Unstoppable.

    @the-gipper said:

    This just proves how ignorant you are.

    Jim Brown was bigger, faster, stronger than just about any RB that is playing today:

    Adrian Peterson 5'11  217

    Zeke Elliot  6.0  225

    Hunt   5' 11  205

    Chubb 5'10 227

    Conner  6'2 229

    LeSean McCoy  5'11  207

    Marshawn Lynch  5'11 215

    Jim Brown  6'2   232

    Jim Brown would be the best RB in this league...here, now today.  

    FYI....I have made a study of this:  The ONLY positions playing today that are actually any bigger than the players that played in the 60s  are Offensive linemen...and defensive tackle (mainly 3-4 nose tackles).  And yes....QBs have gotten taller on average.   (but is that about to change back to shorter average QBs...what with Murray/Mayfield etc. being shorter?

    WRs are no bigger,  DEs are no bigger, LBs are no bigger, DBs are no bigger.  RBs are no bigger.

    Can you imagine how Jim Brown would have run behind these bigger OL? Unstoppable.

    How many 4.3 guys played in his era? How many linebackers ran 4.3-4.4 in his era? The league is different now.