Skip to content

Greedy Williams

Locked The Browns Board
348 38 8.9k 1
  • @vagitron said:

    Jarvis Landry isn't that good. He's never been that good. He's a volume, possession wr. He brought a attitude change to Cleveland but to act like he's some special nfl talent is horribly misguided. He's just solid. I don't know where you read that profile on snell but all you need to do is watch the guys tape. He compares very favorably to leveon bell at Michigan state. He plays faster than he's timed. He was virtually guaranteed four yards every time he touched the ball at Kentucky. 

    Regarding Landry- you are full of Steeler crap. Gipper posted his stats. "Never been that good"?  You want him to be able to walk on water like you think Ju-Ju can?  A guy who has a career average of 1,000 yard seasons, and has made the Pro Bowl four years in a row "isn't that good, never been that good"? Please, just stop, it makes you sound like a Goober.  I guarantee you if he was on the Steelers, he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread in your homer mind.  

    You obviously think a WR has to be a home run hitter in the mold of an AJ Green or Julio Jones (or to play for the Steelers) to be any "good". Well, you're dead wrong. 

    @hoorta said:

    Regarding Landry- you are full of Steeler crap. Gipper posted his stats. "Never been that good"?  You want him to be able to walk on water like you think Ju-Ju can?  A guy who has a career average of 1,000 yard seasons, and has made the Pro Bowl four years in a row "isn't that good, never been that good"? Please, just stop, it makes you sound like a Goober.  I guarantee you if he was on the Steelers, he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread in your homer mind.  

    You obviously think a WR has to be a home run hitter in the mold of an AJ Green or Julio Jones (or to play for the Steelers) to be any "good". Well, you're dead wrong. 

    Lets break it down to the lowest common denominator.. Who do you trust more.. Vagitron or John Dorsey? .... I rest my case!!!...

  • @hoorta said:

    Regarding Landry- you are full of Steeler crap. Gipper posted his stats. "Never been that good"?  You want him to be able to walk on water like you think Ju-Ju can?  A guy who has a career average of 1,000 yard seasons, and has made the Pro Bowl four years in a row "isn't that good, never been that good"? Please, just stop, it makes you sound like a Goober.  I guarantee you if he was on the Steelers, he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread in your homer mind.  

    You obviously think a WR has to be a home run hitter in the mold of an AJ Green or Julio Jones (or to play for the Steelers) to be any "good". Well, you're dead wrong. 

    Lets break it down to the lowest common denominator.. Who do you trust more.. Vagitron or John Dorsey? .... I rest my case!!!...

    @nickers said:

    Lets break it down to the lowest common denominator.. Who do you trust more.. Vagitron or John Dorsey? .... I rest my case!!!...

    Dorsey over Vaginatron everytime

  • "jarvis landry isn't that good"

    ?

    this thread is turning into gold...

  • @hoorta said:

    Regarding Landry- you are full of Steeler crap. Gipper posted his stats. "Never been that good"?  You want him to be able to walk on water like you think Ju-Ju can?  A guy who has a career average of 1,000 yard seasons, and has made the Pro Bowl four years in a row "isn't that good, never been that good"? Please, just stop, it makes you sound like a Goober.  I guarantee you if he was on the Steelers, he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread in your homer mind.  

    You obviously think a WR has to be a home run hitter in the mold of an AJ Green or Julio Jones (or to play for the Steelers) to be any "good". Well, you're dead wrong. 

    Lets break it down to the lowest common denominator.. Who do you trust more.. Vagitron or John Dorsey? .... I rest my case!!!...

    @nickers said:

    Lets break it down to the lowest common denominator.. Who do you trust more.. Vagitron or John Dorsey? .... I rest my case!!!...

    A bag of ferrets over Vagitron.  

  • @nickers said:

    Lets break it down to the lowest common denominator.. Who do you trust more.. Vagitron or John Dorsey? .... I rest my case!!!...

    A bag of ferrets over Vagitron.  

    Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    @the-gipper said:

    A bag of ferrets over Vagitron.  

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

  • Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    @the-gipper said:

    A bag of ferrets over Vagitron.  

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    @vagitron said:

    Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    Then to your mind all those Hall of Famers I listed who were possession receivers were overrated as well.  

    See, again, you display your complete lack of knowledge about the intricacies of the game of football.  All you see are the guys that run down the field with the faste 40 times.  You are either ignorant of, or dismiss the value of POSSESSING the ball.   Of making first downs.  Of sustaining drives.

    Whether the Pro Bowl is dumb or not.....a guy that averages about 90-100 catches a year and a first down every time he touches the ball is certainly not dumb.  Sure...it is great to have a speed burner...a home run threat who can strike fear into opposing defenses.  But it is equally valuable to have that possession guy.

    Of course, for your team..and anyone who plays the Browns,  it will actually be in double/triple jeopardy.  The Browns have 2 speed burners, OBJ and Calloway.  And while you are concentrating on them, you have Landry there to work the middle and sides 10-12 yards down the line.  (not even mentioning the TE). 

    I mean, its curious that you place no value on a possession receiver, because you had a very good one at one time.  When Hines Ward wasn't being the cheap shot artist, he was actually a very good possession receiver.  He was certainly no speed burner.  So, apparently by your standards, he too was overrated.

    Or, rather, actually...what it shows is just how dumb you are.  Do the Browns have a lot  of mouths to feed, resulting in perhaps Landry getting fewer catches?  Perhaps. When you got OBJ/Calloway/Higgins/Njoku and even Duke Johnson (still)...that is a lot of people to spread the ball to...and they all will want there share, sure.  But that does not make that possession receiver less valuable....perhaps more so.  This is not even to mention the running game we will have with Chubb (better than anything you have)....and at some point Hunt (better than anything you have), and Duke at times as well.

    OK, I think that the Browns will just have to average like 40 points per game to keep all these guys at their top level of productivity.   So be it. 

    Winter is Coming.....and it is clad in Brown and Orange.

  • @hoorta said:

    Regarding Landry- you are full of Steeler crap. Gipper posted his stats. "Never been that good"?  You want him to be able to walk on water like you think Ju-Ju can?  A guy who has a career average of 1,000 yard seasons, and has made the Pro Bowl four years in a row "isn't that good, never been that good"? Please, just stop, it makes you sound like a Goober.  I guarantee you if he was on the Steelers, he'd be the greatest thing since sliced bread in your homer mind.  

    You obviously think a WR has to be a home run hitter in the mold of an AJ Green or Julio Jones (or to play for the Steelers) to be any "good". Well, you're dead wrong. 

    Lets break it down to the lowest common denominator.. Who do you trust more.. Vagitron or John Dorsey? .... I rest my case!!!...

    @nickers said:

    Lets break it down to the lowest common denominator.. Who do you trust more.. Vagitron or John Dorsey? .... I rest my case!!!...

    It's one thing to be biased, I'm a homer, a bunch of us are. But to go on another team board, and say stupid-ass comments to get them annoyed...is just a way to get negative attention. I wish vegiblog would learn more about football, back up his comments with some actual relevant facts (thereby reducing the number of really ignorant stupid ass retorts of his own making), and we could all get back to talking real football,

        instead of vegimatic talking ignorant crap.

    I trust any of my fishing rods to know more about pro football than vegitron.

  • Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    @the-gipper said:

    A bag of ferrets over Vagitron.  

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    @vagitron said:

    Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    I see.. Pro Bowls only count when Stooler boys get voted in.. Gotcha!

  • Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    @the-gipper said:

    A bag of ferrets over Vagitron.  

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    @vagitron said:

    Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    Here's an advanced concept for ya Vag, now follow along if you can....  Landry was the best WR on two different teams, offensive coordinators want to get the ball in the hands of their best WR as often as possible. DUH!!!! 

    YOU might not put him in the top 20- but just about everyone else would. He certainly is getting paid like one. I don't see his production going down this year, because with Beckham getting double teamed most of the time, Landry will be open on almost every play- and Baker has a knack for finding the open guy.  Sure, Jarvis would be the #2 wr behind a guy like Julio Jones, and as he will behind OBJ- but that doesn't make him just "solid".  Guess by your logic that makes Ju-Ju just "solid" because he was the #2 behind Antonio Brown.  😁  

    Yup. as Gipper pointed out that cheap shotting Hines Ward is way overrated if that's your yardstick for WRs.   

  • but, AB was one of the greatest receivers ever, despite being force fed the ball.  ?

    jesus christ he talks in circles. argument changes with the wind... 

  • @vagitron said:

    Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    I see.. Pro Bowls only count when Stooler boys get voted in.. Gotcha!

    @nickers said:

    I see.. Pro Bowls only count when Stooler boys get voted in.. Gotcha!

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

  • @nickers said:

    I see.. Pro Bowls only count when Stooler boys get voted in.. Gotcha!

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    @vagitron said:

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    That it is played at all, perhaps.   But being named to the Pro Bowl is the equivalent of being named to the "All Star Team" in other sports.   If they would just name an "All Star Team" without playing an All Star game that could be better, maybe And being named an All Star certainly has merit. 

    The only real proper All Star Game is the baseball All Star game....because it is the only one that is played the same as real games. The others have players that just do a show.  Play no defense, get slap happy etc. 

  • @nickers said:

    I see.. Pro Bowls only count when Stooler boys get voted in.. Gotcha!

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    @vagitron said:

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    We believe your STUPID!.. PERIOD!!

  • but, AB was one of the greatest receivers ever, despite being force fed the ball.  ?

    jesus christ he talks in circles. argument changes with the wind... 

    @choco said:

    but, AB was one of the greatest receivers ever, despite being force fed the ball.  ?

    jesus christ he talks in circles. argument changes with the wind... 

    So we are comparing Landry to brown? And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point. 

  • @vagitron said:

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    That it is played at all, perhaps.   But being named to the Pro Bowl is the equivalent of being named to the "All Star Team" in other sports.   If they would just name an "All Star Team" without playing an All Star game that could be better, maybe And being named an All Star certainly has merit. 

    The only real proper All Star Game is the baseball All Star game....because it is the only one that is played the same as real games. The others have players that just do a show.  Play no defense, get slap happy etc. 

    @the-gipper said:

    That it is played at all, perhaps.   But being named to the Pro Bowl is the equivalent of being named to the "All Star Team" in other sports.   If they would just name an "All Star Team" without playing an All Star game that could be better, maybe And being named an All Star certainly has merit. 

    The only real proper All Star Game is the baseball All Star game....because it is the only one that is played the same as real games. The others have players that just do a show.  Play no defense, get slap happy etc. 

    They are also popularity contests with fan voting applied. All pro on the other hand is completely different.

  • @vagitron said:

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    We believe your STUPID!.. PERIOD!!

    @nickers said:

    We believe your STUPID!.. PERIOD!!

    You're 

    Dumb ass.

  • A) n3.gif   B.)  nww.gif   C) 7sWc.gif    ??? you're killin my after draft buzz   

  • This thread has devolved into trying to figure who to root for between ISIS and the Taliban. 

  • @choco said:

    but, AB was one of the greatest receivers ever, despite being force fed the ball.  ?

    jesus christ he talks in circles. argument changes with the wind... 

    So we are comparing Landry to brown? And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point. 

    @vagitron said:

    1) So we are comparing Landry to brown? 2) And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point. 

    1) No were not. We're putting him in the tier right below Brown\ Jones\ Evans.  That's a little bit more than solid, and certainly not over rated.  He also happens to have the best hands I've seen on a Browns WR since Ozzie Newsome, and from what I gather that was before your time.  🙂  

    2) As I posted earlier, we'll see just how good Ju-Ju is this season now that he's your #1 WR and is drawing the other team's #1 CB and probably double coverage.  Nah, Antonio couldn't possibly have been doing that last year. That's MY point.  

  • @nickers said:

    We believe your STUPID!.. PERIOD!!

    You're 

    Dumb ass.

    @vagitron said:

    You're 

    Dumb ass.

    Shut it Mrs. Beasley