Skip to content

Greedy Williams

Locked The Browns Board
348 38 8.9k 1
  • Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    @the-gipper said:

    A bag of ferrets over Vagitron.  

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    I see.. Pro Bowls only count when Stooler boys get voted in.. Gotcha!

  • Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    @the-gipper said:

    A bag of ferrets over Vagitron.  

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    Here's an advanced concept for ya Vag, now follow along if you can....  Landry was the best WR on two different teams, offensive coordinators want to get the ball in the hands of their best WR as often as possible. DUH!!!! 

    YOU might not put him in the top 20- but just about everyone else would. He certainly is getting paid like one. I don't see his production going down this year, because with Beckham getting double teamed most of the time, Landry will be open on almost every play- and Baker has a knack for finding the open guy.  Sure, Jarvis would be the #2 wr behind a guy like Julio Jones, and as he will behind OBJ- but that doesn't make him just "solid".  Guess by your logic that makes Ju-Ju just "solid" because he was the #2 behind Antonio Brown.  😁  

    Yup. as Gipper pointed out that cheap shotting Hines Ward is way overrated if that's your yardstick for WRs.   

  • chocoC choco wrote on last edited by

    but, AB was one of the greatest receivers ever, despite being force fed the ball.  ?

    jesus christ he talks in circles. argument changes with the wind... 

  • @vagitron said:

    Landry is solid but also overrated. 

    Landry is solid, he's just overrated. He's been force fed targets his entire career. Now he will be in an offense with another mouth to feed and I expect him to be less productive. I wouldn't put him inside the top 20 and his force fed production is why he's been in pro bowls because frankly the pro bowl is fucking dumb.

    I see.. Pro Bowls only count when Stooler boys get voted in.. Gotcha!

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I see.. Pro Bowls only count when Stooler boys get voted in.. Gotcha!

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

  • @nickers said:

    I see.. Pro Bowls only count when Stooler boys get voted in.. Gotcha!

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    That it is played at all, perhaps.   But being named to the Pro Bowl is the equivalent of being named to the "All Star Team" in other sports.   If they would just name an "All Star Team" without playing an All Star game that could be better, maybe And being named an All Star certainly has merit. 

    The only real proper All Star Game is the baseball All Star game....because it is the only one that is played the same as real games. The others have players that just do a show.  Play no defense, get slap happy etc. 

  • @nickers said:

    I see.. Pro Bowls only count when Stooler boys get voted in.. Gotcha!

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    We believe your STUPID!.. PERIOD!!

  • but, AB was one of the greatest receivers ever, despite being force fed the ball.  ?

    jesus christ he talks in circles. argument changes with the wind... 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @choco said:

    but, AB was one of the greatest receivers ever, despite being force fed the ball.  ?

    jesus christ he talks in circles. argument changes with the wind... 

    So we are comparing Landry to brown? And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point. 

  • @vagitron said:

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    That it is played at all, perhaps.   But being named to the Pro Bowl is the equivalent of being named to the "All Star Team" in other sports.   If they would just name an "All Star Team" without playing an All Star game that could be better, maybe And being named an All Star certainly has merit. 

    The only real proper All Star Game is the baseball All Star game....because it is the only one that is played the same as real games. The others have players that just do a show.  Play no defense, get slap happy etc. 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    That it is played at all, perhaps.   But being named to the Pro Bowl is the equivalent of being named to the "All Star Team" in other sports.   If they would just name an "All Star Team" without playing an All Star game that could be better, maybe And being named an All Star certainly has merit. 

    The only real proper All Star Game is the baseball All Star game....because it is the only one that is played the same as real games. The others have players that just do a show.  Play no defense, get slap happy etc. 

    They are also popularity contests with fan voting applied. All pro on the other hand is completely different.

  • @vagitron said:

    I think the pro bowl is stupid period. 

    We believe your STUPID!.. PERIOD!!

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    We believe your STUPID!.. PERIOD!!

    You're 

    Dumb ass.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    A) n3.gif   B.)  nww.gif   C) 7sWc.gif    ??? you're killin my after draft buzz   

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    This thread has devolved into trying to figure who to root for between ISIS and the Taliban. 

  • @choco said:

    but, AB was one of the greatest receivers ever, despite being force fed the ball.  ?

    jesus christ he talks in circles. argument changes with the wind... 

    So we are comparing Landry to brown? And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    1) So we are comparing Landry to brown? 2) And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point. 

    1) No were not. We're putting him in the tier right below Brown\ Jones\ Evans.  That's a little bit more than solid, and certainly not over rated.  He also happens to have the best hands I've seen on a Browns WR since Ozzie Newsome, and from what I gather that was before your time.  🙂  

    2) As I posted earlier, we'll see just how good Ju-Ju is this season now that he's your #1 WR and is drawing the other team's #1 CB and probably double coverage.  Nah, Antonio couldn't possibly have been doing that last year. That's MY point.  

  • @nickers said:

    We believe your STUPID!.. PERIOD!!

    You're 

    Dumb ass.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    You're 

    Dumb ass.

    Shut it Mrs. Beasley

  • @vagitron said:

    1) So we are comparing Landry to brown? 2) And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point. 

    1) No were not. We're putting him in the tier right below Brown\ Jones\ Evans.  That's a little bit more than solid, and certainly not over rated.  He also happens to have the best hands I've seen on a Browns WR since Ozzie Newsome, and from what I gather that was before your time.  🙂  

    2) As I posted earlier, we'll see just how good Ju-Ju is this season now that he's your #1 WR and is drawing the other team's #1 CB and probably double coverage.  Nah, Antonio couldn't possibly have been doing that last year. That's MY point.  

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    1) No were not. We're putting him in the tier right below Brown\ Jones\ Evans.  That's a little bit more than solid, and certainly not over rated.  He also happens to have the best hands I've seen on a Browns WR since Ozzie Newsome, and from what I gather that was before your time.  🙂  

    2) As I posted earlier, we'll see just how good Ju-Ju is this season now that he's your #1 WR and is drawing the other team's #1 CB and probably double coverage.  Nah, Antonio couldn't possibly have been doing that last year. That's MY point.  

    Browns wr's since Ozzie Newsome haven't exactly been murderers row. I wouldn't put him in that second tier either. Obviously it's my opinion. He was overrated coming out of Miami (doesn't mean he isn't good) and I said someone is going to pay him a bunch of money he probably doesn't deserve. It ended up being the Browns. The culture change, steady production ended up being worth it for you all but he isn't a game changer or a game breaker. He's just a dude you can count on to not drop the ball. You can get 20 of those guys each draft.

  • @hoorta said:

    1) No were not. We're putting him in the tier right below Brown\ Jones\ Evans.  That's a little bit more than solid, and certainly not over rated.  He also happens to have the best hands I've seen on a Browns WR since Ozzie Newsome, and from what I gather that was before your time.  🙂  

    2) As I posted earlier, we'll see just how good Ju-Ju is this season now that he's your #1 WR and is drawing the other team's #1 CB and probably double coverage.  Nah, Antonio couldn't possibly have been doing that last year. That's MY point.  

    Browns wr's since Ozzie Newsome haven't exactly been murderers row. I wouldn't put him in that second tier either. Obviously it's my opinion. He was overrated coming out of Miami (doesn't mean he isn't good) and I said someone is going to pay him a bunch of money he probably doesn't deserve. It ended up being the Browns. The culture change, steady production ended up being worth it for you all but he isn't a game changer or a game breaker. He's just a dude you can count on to not drop the ball. You can get 20 of those guys each draft.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers

    @vagitron said:

    Browns wr's since Ozzie Newsome haven't exactly been murderers row. I wouldn't put him in that second tier either. Obviously it's my opinion. He was overrated coming out of Miami (doesn't mean he isn't good) and I said someone is going to pay him a bunch of money he probably doesn't deserve. It ended up being the Browns. The culture change, steady production ended up being worth it for you all but he isn't a game changer or a game breaker. He's just a dude you can count on to not drop the ball. You can get 20 of those guys each draft.

    I guess you never heard of Webster Slaughter and Reggie Langhorn either.... Google them 😛

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    Advice to my Brownsboard Friends......Ignore the ignorant.  😉

    Mike

  • @choco said:

    but, AB was one of the greatest receivers ever, despite being force fed the ball.  ?

    jesus christ he talks in circles. argument changes with the wind... 

    So we are comparing Landry to brown? And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    So we are comparing Landry to brown? And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point. 

    Yes....so much for our point....the point being that if you have a top notch #1 receiver on your roster, the coverage he gets opens things up for the #2 receiver.

    Landry would not be compared to AB.....that would be the position for OBJ.    Landry could perhaps be compared to Smith...who was the #2.   Of course, in the Browns WR situation last year...it WAS Landry who....as a slot receiver, was the #1 option.  Which he should not have been. Now he will be back in his natural situation as the possession guy. He will not have to play the big play guy.   That is what we will have OBJ and Calloway for.  The fact that we have those guys will open up a ton of opportunities for Landry.....just as having AB  opened up  a lot of opportunities for Smith.

  • @the-gipper said:

    That it is played at all, perhaps.   But being named to the Pro Bowl is the equivalent of being named to the "All Star Team" in other sports.   If they would just name an "All Star Team" without playing an All Star game that could be better, maybe And being named an All Star certainly has merit. 

    The only real proper All Star Game is the baseball All Star game....because it is the only one that is played the same as real games. The others have players that just do a show.  Play no defense, get slap happy etc. 

    They are also popularity contests with fan voting applied. All pro on the other hand is completely different.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    They are also popularity contests with fan voting applied. All pro on the other hand is completely different.

    All Pro names one single person in the league at each position.  All Star selection names the players in each league to play in an All Star game.  Yes, they are different, somewhat. The Pro Bowl (All Star) selection, theoretically, chooses the best players in each conference to play in the All Star game.

    And yes, their is SOME element of fan input to the selection of All Stars.  But most fans are smarter than you and can actually discern who the most deserving players are to be named to these squads.  Not always, sure, but often.  Coaches/GMs/media also have their input.

  • This thread has devolved into trying to figure who to root for between ISIS and the Taliban. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    This thread has devolved into trying to figure who to root for between ISIS and the Taliban. 

    No, it isn't.  

    Demonstrate to us all the areas where you agree with  Steeler hairhole and disagree with me.  If you actually paid attention to the substance of the conversation.....that would not be hard to do.

  • @hoorta said:

    1) No were not. We're putting him in the tier right below Brown\ Jones\ Evans.  That's a little bit more than solid, and certainly not over rated.  He also happens to have the best hands I've seen on a Browns WR since Ozzie Newsome, and from what I gather that was before your time.  🙂  

    2) As I posted earlier, we'll see just how good Ju-Ju is this season now that he's your #1 WR and is drawing the other team's #1 CB and probably double coverage.  Nah, Antonio couldn't possibly have been doing that last year. That's MY point.  

    Browns wr's since Ozzie Newsome haven't exactly been murderers row. I wouldn't put him in that second tier either. Obviously it's my opinion. He was overrated coming out of Miami (doesn't mean he isn't good) and I said someone is going to pay him a bunch of money he probably doesn't deserve. It ended up being the Browns. The culture change, steady production ended up being worth it for you all but he isn't a game changer or a game breaker. He's just a dude you can count on to not drop the ball. You can get 20 of those guys each draft.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @vagitron said:

    Browns wr's since Ozzie Newsome haven't exactly been murderers row. I wouldn't put him in that second tier either. Obviously it's my opinion. He was overrated coming out of Miami (doesn't mean he isn't good) and I said someone is going to pay him a bunch of money he probably doesn't deserve. It ended up being the Browns. The culture change, steady production ended up being worth it for you all but he isn't a game changer or a game breaker. He's just a dude you can count on to not drop the ball. You can get 20 of those guys each draft.

    Demonstrate all those 20 guys from each draft ...say the last 5 years that have averaged 90-100 catches and a first down with every catch over a 4-5 year period.

    Go ahead, we will wait.   The answer is likely to be 1-2 people...with Landry in there.