Greedy Williams
-
1) So we are comparing Landry to brown? 2) And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point.
1) No were not. We're putting him in the tier right below Brown\ Jones\ Evans. That's a little bit more than solid, and certainly not over rated. He also happens to have the best hands I've seen on a Browns WR since Ozzie Newsome, and from what I gather that was before your time.
2) As I posted earlier, we'll see just how good Ju-Ju is this season now that he's your #1 WR and is drawing the other team's #1 CB and probably double coverage. Nah, Antonio couldn't possibly have been doing that last year. That's MY point.
1) No were not. We're putting him in the tier right below Brown\ Jones\ Evans. That's a little bit more than solid, and certainly not over rated. He also happens to have the best hands I've seen on a Browns WR since Ozzie Newsome, and from what I gather that was before your time.
2) As I posted earlier, we'll see just how good Ju-Ju is this season now that he's your #1 WR and is drawing the other team's #1 CB and probably double coverage. Nah, Antonio couldn't possibly have been doing that last year. That's MY point.
Browns wr's since Ozzie Newsome haven't exactly been murderers row. I wouldn't put him in that second tier either. Obviously it's my opinion. He was overrated coming out of Miami (doesn't mean he isn't good) and I said someone is going to pay him a bunch of money he probably doesn't deserve. It ended up being the Browns. The culture change, steady production ended up being worth it for you all but he isn't a game changer or a game breaker. He's just a dude you can count on to not drop the ball. You can get 20 of those guys each draft.
-
1) No were not. We're putting him in the tier right below Brown\ Jones\ Evans. That's a little bit more than solid, and certainly not over rated. He also happens to have the best hands I've seen on a Browns WR since Ozzie Newsome, and from what I gather that was before your time.
2) As I posted earlier, we'll see just how good Ju-Ju is this season now that he's your #1 WR and is drawing the other team's #1 CB and probably double coverage. Nah, Antonio couldn't possibly have been doing that last year. That's MY point.
Browns wr's since Ozzie Newsome haven't exactly been murderers row. I wouldn't put him in that second tier either. Obviously it's my opinion. He was overrated coming out of Miami (doesn't mean he isn't good) and I said someone is going to pay him a bunch of money he probably doesn't deserve. It ended up being the Browns. The culture change, steady production ended up being worth it for you all but he isn't a game changer or a game breaker. He's just a dude you can count on to not drop the ball. You can get 20 of those guys each draft.
Browns wr's since Ozzie Newsome haven't exactly been murderers row. I wouldn't put him in that second tier either. Obviously it's my opinion. He was overrated coming out of Miami (doesn't mean he isn't good) and I said someone is going to pay him a bunch of money he probably doesn't deserve. It ended up being the Browns. The culture change, steady production ended up being worth it for you all but he isn't a game changer or a game breaker. He's just a dude you can count on to not drop the ball. You can get 20 of those guys each draft.
I guess you never heard of Webster Slaughter and Reggie Langhorn either.... Google them
-
Advice to my Brownsboard Friends......Ignore the ignorant.

Mike
-
but, AB was one of the greatest receivers ever, despite being force fed the ball. ?
jesus christ he talks in circles. argument changes with the wind...
So we are comparing Landry to brown? And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point.
So we are comparing Landry to brown? And juju just had more receptions and yards than brown despite them both going over 1000 so, so much for your point.
Yes....so much for our point....the point being that if you have a top notch #1 receiver on your roster, the coverage he gets opens things up for the #2 receiver.
Landry would not be compared to AB.....that would be the position for OBJ. Landry could perhaps be compared to Smith...who was the #2. Of course, in the Browns WR situation last year...it WAS Landry who....as a slot receiver, was the #1 option. Which he should not have been. Now he will be back in his natural situation as the possession guy. He will not have to play the big play guy. That is what we will have OBJ and Calloway for. The fact that we have those guys will open up a ton of opportunities for Landry.....just as having AB opened up a lot of opportunities for Smith.
-
That it is played at all, perhaps. But being named to the Pro Bowl is the equivalent of being named to the "All Star Team" in other sports. If they would just name an "All Star Team" without playing an All Star game that could be better, maybe And being named an All Star certainly has merit.
The only real proper All Star Game is the baseball All Star game....because it is the only one that is played the same as real games. The others have players that just do a show. Play no defense, get slap happy etc.
They are also popularity contests with fan voting applied. All pro on the other hand is completely different.
They are also popularity contests with fan voting applied. All pro on the other hand is completely different.
All Pro names one single person in the league at each position. All Star selection names the players in each league to play in an All Star game. Yes, they are different, somewhat. The Pro Bowl (All Star) selection, theoretically, chooses the best players in each conference to play in the All Star game.
And yes, their is SOME element of fan input to the selection of All Stars. But most fans are smarter than you and can actually discern who the most deserving players are to be named to these squads. Not always, sure, but often. Coaches/GMs/media also have their input.
-
This thread has devolved into trying to figure who to root for between ISIS and the Taliban.
This thread has devolved into trying to figure who to root for between ISIS and the Taliban.
No, it isn't.
Demonstrate to us all the areas where you agree with Steeler hairhole and disagree with me. If you actually paid attention to the substance of the conversation.....that would not be hard to do.
-
1) No were not. We're putting him in the tier right below Brown\ Jones\ Evans. That's a little bit more than solid, and certainly not over rated. He also happens to have the best hands I've seen on a Browns WR since Ozzie Newsome, and from what I gather that was before your time.
2) As I posted earlier, we'll see just how good Ju-Ju is this season now that he's your #1 WR and is drawing the other team's #1 CB and probably double coverage. Nah, Antonio couldn't possibly have been doing that last year. That's MY point.
Browns wr's since Ozzie Newsome haven't exactly been murderers row. I wouldn't put him in that second tier either. Obviously it's my opinion. He was overrated coming out of Miami (doesn't mean he isn't good) and I said someone is going to pay him a bunch of money he probably doesn't deserve. It ended up being the Browns. The culture change, steady production ended up being worth it for you all but he isn't a game changer or a game breaker. He's just a dude you can count on to not drop the ball. You can get 20 of those guys each draft.
Browns wr's since Ozzie Newsome haven't exactly been murderers row. I wouldn't put him in that second tier either. Obviously it's my opinion. He was overrated coming out of Miami (doesn't mean he isn't good) and I said someone is going to pay him a bunch of money he probably doesn't deserve. It ended up being the Browns. The culture change, steady production ended up being worth it for you all but he isn't a game changer or a game breaker. He's just a dude you can count on to not drop the ball. You can get 20 of those guys each draft.
Demonstrate all those 20 guys from each draft ...say the last 5 years that have averaged 90-100 catches and a first down with every catch over a 4-5 year period.
Go ahead, we will wait. The answer is likely to be 1-2 people...with Landry in there.
-
Advice to my Brownsboard Friends......Ignore the ignorant.

Mike
Advice to my Brownsboard Friends......Ignore the ignorant.

Mike
Yea, I know..but it is so tempting to pick that low hanging fruit.....and put it in the blender.
-
Advice to my Brownsboard Friends......Ignore the ignorant.

Mike
Yea, I know..but it is so tempting to pick that low hanging fruit.....and put it in the blender.
Yea, I know..but it is so tempting to pick that low hanging fruit.....and put it in the blender.
Or looking at it from the opposite point of view, catch so damn many fish with a single hook.????
-
Yea, I know..but it is so tempting to pick that low hanging fruit.....and put it in the blender.
Or looking at it from the opposite point of view, catch so damn many fish with a single hook.????
Or looking at it from the opposite point of view, catch so damn many fish with a single hook.????
A hook with a stick of dynamite attached.
-
Or looking at it from the opposite point of view, catch so damn many fish with a single hook.????
A hook with a stick of dynamite attached.
A hook with a stick of dynamite attached.
In fly fishing they call it matching the hatch.?
-
1) No were not. We're putting him in the tier right below Brown\ Jones\ Evans. That's a little bit more than solid, and certainly not over rated. He also happens to have the best hands I've seen on a Browns WR since Ozzie Newsome, and from what I gather that was before your time.
2) As I posted earlier, we'll see just how good Ju-Ju is this season now that he's your #1 WR and is drawing the other team's #1 CB and probably double coverage. Nah, Antonio couldn't possibly have been doing that last year. That's MY point.
Browns wr's since Ozzie Newsome haven't exactly been murderers row. I wouldn't put him in that second tier either. Obviously it's my opinion. He was overrated coming out of Miami (doesn't mean he isn't good) and I said someone is going to pay him a bunch of money he probably doesn't deserve. It ended up being the Browns. The culture change, steady production ended up being worth it for you all but he isn't a game changer or a game breaker. He's just a dude you can count on to not drop the ball. You can get 20 of those guys each draft.
-
Nobody in the NFL runs "one" coverage, ever..
In any 3-down sequence, you could have.. one play cover zero, one play pattern-match on half the field and man with no help the other half, and one play quarters.
A player who's good at man will likely also be good at zone but vice versa is not always true.
Greedy is good at both.. he's a first-team All American who led the SEC in picks for a reason.
Great pick, well worth moving up 3 picks to snag. He's PFF's top-rated cover CB.
Now if only the rumors are true about Darron Lee so crossing routes won't be open 100% of the time this season..
If we merged all the pointless Vag-Gip arguments, would the resultant thread be longer than the Manziel Compilation?
Great pick, well worth moving up 3 picks to snag. He's PFF's top-rated cover CB.
#1???? Not in my copy of their draft guide. He was T-22 in passer rating allowed (58.1), but had the 2nd most snaps of the top 24 in a big 5 conference. He was #2 in their CB ranking behind only Byron Murphy, BC.
ADVANCED STATS STAT RANK
YARDS/COVER SNAP 0.93 47
COVER SNAPS/TARGET 6.42 75
COVER SNAPS/RECEPTION 15.93 21
TACKLING EFFICIENCY 9.50 60
YARDS/COVER SNAP (SLOT) 1.61 137
SLOT YARDS ALLOWED 29 108You can't coach sub 4.4 speed. I doubt Williams is going to have a Justin Gilbert attitude.
And "he who shall not be mentioned" gets mentioned...
-
If we merged all the pointless Vag-Gip arguments, would the resultant thread be longer than the Manziel Compilation?
Great pick, well worth moving up 3 picks to snag. He's PFF's top-rated cover CB.
#1???? Not in my copy of their draft guide. He was T-22 in passer rating allowed (58.1), but had the 2nd most snaps of the top 24 in a big 5 conference. He was #2 in their CB ranking behind only Byron Murphy, BC.
ADVANCED STATS STAT RANK
YARDS/COVER SNAP 0.93 47
COVER SNAPS/TARGET 6.42 75
COVER SNAPS/RECEPTION 15.93 21
TACKLING EFFICIENCY 9.50 60
YARDS/COVER SNAP (SLOT) 1.61 137
SLOT YARDS ALLOWED 29 108You can't coach sub 4.4 speed. I doubt Williams is going to have a Justin Gilbert attitude.
And "he who shall not be mentioned" gets mentioned...
If we merged all the pointless Vag-Gip arguments, would the resultant thread be longer than the Manziel Compilation?
#1???? Not in my copy of their draft guide. He was T-22 in passer rating allowed (58.1), but had the 2nd most snaps of the top 24 in a big 5 conference. He was #2 in their CB ranking behind only Byron Murphy, BC.
ADVANCED STATS STAT RANK
YARDS/COVER SNAP 0.93 47
COVER SNAPS/TARGET 6.42 75
COVER SNAPS/RECEPTION 15.93 21
TACKLING EFFICIENCY 9.50 60
YARDS/COVER SNAP (SLOT) 1.61 137
SLOT YARDS ALLOWED 29 108And "he who shall not be mentioned" gets mentioned...
Will you please interpret that in non stat nerd language so the rest of us can understand it?
PS- Gipper's not the only one. I'll take on Vag too when he starts spewing homer Steeler garbage.
-
If we merged all the pointless Vag-Gip arguments, would the resultant thread be longer than the Manziel Compilation?
#1???? Not in my copy of their draft guide. He was T-22 in passer rating allowed (58.1), but had the 2nd most snaps of the top 24 in a big 5 conference. He was #2 in their CB ranking behind only Byron Murphy, BC.
ADVANCED STATS STAT RANK
YARDS/COVER SNAP 0.93 47
COVER SNAPS/TARGET 6.42 75
COVER SNAPS/RECEPTION 15.93 21
TACKLING EFFICIENCY 9.50 60
YARDS/COVER SNAP (SLOT) 1.61 137
SLOT YARDS ALLOWED 29 108And "he who shall not be mentioned" gets mentioned...
Will you please interpret that in non stat nerd language so the rest of us can understand it?
PS- Gipper's not the only one. I'll take on Vag too when he starts spewing homer Steeler garbage.
Will you please interpret that in non stat nerd language so the rest of us can understand it?
PS- Gipper's not the only one. I'll take on Vag too when he starts spewing homer Steeler garbage.
I at no point said that greedy williams was a bad corner. I did say he doesn't tackle (it has nothing to do with his injury, he has never tackled) and he has been criticized for taking plays off. He's very good in coverage otherwise. The thread asked "why did he fall" and the above is the why. Hoorta the graph above is interpreted by the green. The closer it is to the edges the better greedy is when compared to his peers so things like coverage grade and passer rating allowed he was at or near the top.
-
Will you please interpret that in non stat nerd language so the rest of us can understand it?
PS- Gipper's not the only one. I'll take on Vag too when he starts spewing homer Steeler garbage.
I at no point said that greedy williams was a bad corner. I did say he doesn't tackle (it has nothing to do with his injury, he has never tackled) and he has been criticized for taking plays off. He's very good in coverage otherwise. The thread asked "why did he fall" and the above is the why. Hoorta the graph above is interpreted by the green. The closer it is to the edges the better greedy is when compared to his peers so things like coverage grade and passer rating allowed he was at or near the top.
I at no point said that greedy williams was a bad corner. I did say he doesn't tackle (it has nothing to do with his injury, he has never tackled) and he has been criticized for taking plays off. He's very good in coverage otherwise. The thread asked "why did he fall" and the above is the why. Hoorta the graph above is interpreted by the green. The closer it is to the edges the better greedy is when compared to his peers so things like coverage grade and passer rating allowed he was at or near the top.
You said he had character issues which were one of the reasons he dropped so don’t be lying on here. Your apology is anticipated
-
We'll see if vegiblog will apologize, probably not. He just contradickted himself. lol
Meanwhile, in Real Land:
"What's missing is if you studied the game film, I was mostly a man corner," Williams told NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala. "At LSU I did my job. Tackling wasn't a big thing they wanted me to do. They wanted me to cover.
"I wasn't able to showcase my tackling ability. Now that I'm here, I can work zone, man, anything. So I'm able to prove that I'm a great tackler."
-
Jesus Tapdancing Christ this nonsense is still droning on?
-
Jesus Tapdancing Christ this nonsense is still droning on?
Jesus Tap dancing Christ this nonsense is still droning on?
Only the Gipper, me and Vag have a mutual respect- though we don't often agree.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login