Skip to content

Greedy Williams

Locked The Browns Board
348 38 8.9k 1
  • @vagitron said:

    Wilks didn't do any favors for pp7 in Arizona either. 

    I don't always like their college ---> NFL projections but according to PFF, what you say couldn't be further from the truth. 

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-patrick-peterson-is-on-pace-for-a-career-best-season

    @tiamat63 said:

    I don't always like their college ---> NFL projections but according to PFF, what you say couldn't be further from the truth. 

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-patrick-peterson-is-on-pace-for-a-career-best-season

    Peterson was frustrated with his use in the system. He wasn't lining up in man to man as often and wasn't being used to always match up with the best wr. 

  • you admittedly lurk you liar...

    @nickers said:

    you admittedly lurk you liar...

    I go months without lurking or posting. 

  • @nickers said:

    you admittedly lurk you liar...

    I go months without lurking or posting. 

    @vagitron said:

    I go months without lurking or posting. 

    Not during barfsonhisbooger worshiping season you don't.  There lies the problem, arrogant/belligerent squealer squid.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I don't always like their college ---> NFL projections but according to PFF, what you say couldn't be further from the truth. 

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-patrick-peterson-is-on-pace-for-a-career-best-season

    Peterson was frustrated with his use in the system. He wasn't lining up in man to man as often and wasn't being used to always match up with the best wr. 

    @vagitron said:

    Peterson was frustrated with his use in the system. He wasn't lining up in man to man as often and wasn't being used to always match up with the best wr. 

    Any evidence to support that claim? 

  • @vagitron said:

    Peterson was frustrated with his use in the system. He wasn't lining up in man to man as often and wasn't being used to always match up with the best wr. 

    Any evidence to support that claim? 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Any evidence to support that claim? 

    Patrick peterson asked for a trade for a while last season before recommitting to staying in Arizona. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Any evidence to support that claim? 

    Patrick peterson asked for a trade for a while last season before recommitting to staying in Arizona. 

    @vagitron said:

    Patrick peterson asked for a trade for a while last season before recommitting to staying in Arizona. 

    I've scanned over 10 articles, none of which mention how he was used in Wilks defense.  The statement from himself also suggests it had nothing to do with the defense or his role in any measure but with the 1-6 start itself.  Which, who can blame him?  It's not like there wasn't frustration from the Browns players last year. 

    More importantly his usage in the zona defense didn't miraculously seem to change overnight yet he still earned good marks on grades. 

    In summary, you suggested Wilks did no favors to Peterson and that he may have had rough year personally- appears that was incorrect.      Now you say he asked for a trade specifically because of his week to week role in said defense - also appears incorrect even from the man himself. 

    Again, I feel you're over generalizing.  Peterson seemed to work in his defense, so at the moment there is zero indication Ward and Williams won't be able to at least be as effect.  

    Let's resist the topic week 4, shall we? 

  • @vagitron said:

    Patrick peterson asked for a trade for a while last season before recommitting to staying in Arizona. 

    I've scanned over 10 articles, none of which mention how he was used in Wilks defense.  The statement from himself also suggests it had nothing to do with the defense or his role in any measure but with the 1-6 start itself.  Which, who can blame him?  It's not like there wasn't frustration from the Browns players last year. 

    More importantly his usage in the zona defense didn't miraculously seem to change overnight yet he still earned good marks on grades. 

    In summary, you suggested Wilks did no favors to Peterson and that he may have had rough year personally- appears that was incorrect.      Now you say he asked for a trade specifically because of his week to week role in said defense - also appears incorrect even from the man himself. 

    Again, I feel you're over generalizing.  Peterson seemed to work in his defense, so at the moment there is zero indication Ward and Williams won't be able to at least be as effect.  

    Let's resist the topic week 4, shall we? 

    @tiamat63 said:

    I've scanned over 10 articles, none of which mention how he was used in Wilks defense.  The statement from himself also suggests it had nothing to do with the defense or his role in any measure but with the 1-6 start itself.  Which, who can blame him?  It's not like there wasn't frustration from the Browns players last year. 

    More importantly his usage in the zona defense didn't miraculously seem to change overnight yet he still earned good marks on grades. 

    In summary, you suggested Wilks did no favors to Peterson and that he may have had rough year personally- appears that was incorrect.      Now you say he asked for a trade specifically because of his week to week role in said defense - also appears incorrect even from the man himself. 

    Again, I feel you're over generalizing.  Peterson seemed to work in his defense, so at the moment there is zero indication Ward and Williams won't be able to at least be as effect.  

    Let's resist the topic week 4, shall we? 

    Are you saying peterson didn't ask for a trade? 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I've scanned over 10 articles, none of which mention how he was used in Wilks defense.  The statement from himself also suggests it had nothing to do with the defense or his role in any measure but with the 1-6 start itself.  Which, who can blame him?  It's not like there wasn't frustration from the Browns players last year. 

    More importantly his usage in the zona defense didn't miraculously seem to change overnight yet he still earned good marks on grades. 

    In summary, you suggested Wilks did no favors to Peterson and that he may have had rough year personally- appears that was incorrect.      Now you say he asked for a trade specifically because of his week to week role in said defense - also appears incorrect even from the man himself. 

    Again, I feel you're over generalizing.  Peterson seemed to work in his defense, so at the moment there is zero indication Ward and Williams won't be able to at least be as effect.  

    Let's resist the topic week 4, shall we? 

    Are you saying peterson didn't ask for a trade? 

    @vagitron said:

    Are you saying peterson didn't ask for a trade? 

    Why do you think that specifically means he was being miscast? Confirmation bias perhaps? Do keep posting though, love watching you flail and backtrack. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I've scanned over 10 articles, none of which mention how he was used in Wilks defense.  The statement from himself also suggests it had nothing to do with the defense or his role in any measure but with the 1-6 start itself.  Which, who can blame him?  It's not like there wasn't frustration from the Browns players last year. 

    More importantly his usage in the zona defense didn't miraculously seem to change overnight yet he still earned good marks on grades. 

    In summary, you suggested Wilks did no favors to Peterson and that he may have had rough year personally- appears that was incorrect.      Now you say he asked for a trade specifically because of his week to week role in said defense - also appears incorrect even from the man himself. 

    Again, I feel you're over generalizing.  Peterson seemed to work in his defense, so at the moment there is zero indication Ward and Williams won't be able to at least be as effect.  

    Let's resist the topic week 4, shall we? 

    Are you saying peterson didn't ask for a trade? 

    @vagitron said:

    Are you saying peterson didn't ask for a trade? 

    Read my response again. 

  • @vagitron said:

    Are you saying peterson didn't ask for a trade? 

    Read my response again. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    Read my response again. 

    I just don't get his obsession with Greedy and Peterson... They're not on the Stools.. Why concern himself.. He's got his own team to worry about.... He's getting all bent out of shape like a broad about players that have no direct impact on his team.. That must some shit ass weed he's smoking.. Shwag weed blows!...

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Read my response again. 

    I just don't get his obsession with Greedy and Peterson... They're not on the Stools.. Why concern himself.. He's got his own team to worry about.... He's getting all bent out of shape like a broad about players that have no direct impact on his team.. That must some shit ass weed he's smoking.. Shwag weed blows!...

    @nickers said:

    I just don't get his obsession with Greedy and Peterson... They're not on the Stools.. Why concern himself.. He's got his own team to worry about.... He's getting all bent out of shape like a broad about players that have no direct impact on his team.. That must some shit ass weed he's smoking.. Shwag weed blows!...

    I'm not concerned. I posted why he fell and I'm argumentative so I'm still here arguing just because. I never smoke dirt weed and have a pipeline from a good friend in Colorado. Dabs all day and I can trade said dabs for tip top bud in Columbus with another buddy.

  • @nickers said:

    I just don't get his obsession with Greedy and Peterson... They're not on the Stools.. Why concern himself.. He's got his own team to worry about.... He's getting all bent out of shape like a broad about players that have no direct impact on his team.. That must some shit ass weed he's smoking.. Shwag weed blows!...

    I'm not concerned. I posted why he fell and I'm argumentative so I'm still here arguing just because. I never smoke dirt weed and have a pipeline from a good friend in Colorado. Dabs all day and I can trade said dabs for tip top bud in Columbus with another buddy.

    @vagitron said:

    I'm not concerned. I posted why he fell and I'm argumentative so I'm still here arguing just because. I never smoke dirt weed and have a pipeline from a good friend in Colorado. Dabs all day and I can trade said dabs for tip top bud in Columbus with another buddy.

    Agreed.. if it isn't top grade.. I don't want it... I get medical grade or better.. The other shit is about useless...

  • @nickers said:

    I just don't get his obsession with Greedy and Peterson... They're not on the Stools.. Why concern himself.. He's got his own team to worry about.... He's getting all bent out of shape like a broad about players that have no direct impact on his team.. That must some shit ass weed he's smoking.. Shwag weed blows!...

    I'm not concerned. I posted why he fell and I'm argumentative so I'm still here arguing just because. I never smoke dirt weed and have a pipeline from a good friend in Colorado. Dabs all day and I can trade said dabs for tip top bud in Columbus with another buddy.

    @vagitron said:

    I'm not concerned. I posted why he fell and I'm argumentative so I'm still here arguing just because. I never smoke dirt weed and have a pipeline from a good friend in Colorado. Dabs all day and I can trade said dabs for tip top bud in Columbus with another buddy.

    So you're here to argue for the sake of it and to avoid the points I've made...? In a nutshell. 

  • @vagitron said:

    I'm not concerned. I posted why he fell and I'm argumentative so I'm still here arguing just because. I never smoke dirt weed and have a pipeline from a good friend in Colorado. Dabs all day and I can trade said dabs for tip top bud in Columbus with another buddy.

    So you're here to argue for the sake of it and to avoid the points I've made...? In a nutshell. 

    @tiamat63 said:

    So you're here to argue for the sake of it and to avoid the points I've made...? In a nutshell. 

    I intended to respond. Pp7 completely back tracked from his desire to get traded and changed his tune. He was initially upset with the team AND his use and it was the result of the system wilks employed. Wilks runs a shit load of zone schemes and I can link several sources that are expressing concerns over his system and the use of the corners,  specifically ward and eventually Williams. I expect wilks to adjust but it will be a steep departure from his system in Arizona. Pp7 back tracked to get back in the good graces.

    Edit: some of that also may be the knowledge from ownership that wilks was going to get shit canned.

  • @vagitron said:

    I'm not concerned. I posted why he fell and I'm argumentative so I'm still here arguing just because. I never smoke dirt weed and have a pipeline from a good friend in Colorado. Dabs all day and I can trade said dabs for tip top bud in Columbus with another buddy.

    Agreed.. if it isn't top grade.. I don't want it... I get medical grade or better.. The other shit is about useless...

    @nickers said:

    Agreed.. if it isn't top grade.. I don't want it... I get medical grade or better.. The other shit is about useless...

    You just need to go through a ton of it for similar effect. Anymore with legalization in states the "black market" game has stepped way up. You almost have to go out of your way to find what one would classify as "bad" weed anymore. A lot of it ends up in edibles etc.

  • @tour2ma said:

    It always pains me when the one making sense is the Steeler fan...

    • Not all concerns materialize...
    • Not all things that should be of concern are recognized.
    • In Greedy's case Walter's is simply reporting rumblings they have heard from scouts here and there.
    • "(H)ow Williams is going to respond to getting a multi-million dollar contract" plus "family pressure and those around him being a distraction," are non-football concerns.

    While one can argue that these off-field concerns are present to some extent within every instant millionaire the NFL makes clearly that concern does not rise to a level that drops a prospect a round or more in a draft. In Greedy's case it may have.

    Tour where the hell were you 5 days ago? You could have saved me some time. ??

    @vagitron said:

    Tour where the hell were you 5 days ago? You could have saved me some time. ??

    @vagitron said:

    He is an unwilling participant in run support and that is listed as a character concern. He "lacks the character" to get his hands dirty and make hard tackles.

    Waiting for you to clarify your take.... I should have waited longer.

    He lacks the character to make hard tackles? Self-preservation, or opting to not play with reckless abandon or knowing one's limitations, however, you want to phrase it... is not a character concern. League history is littered with players, especially DBs whose careers were shortened by their aggressiveness writing checks their bodies could not cash. No better example than Rodney Harrision.

    @calfoxwc said:

    ... my conservative politics.

    So.... you've moved back towards the center?

  • @nickers said:

    Agreed.. if it isn't top grade.. I don't want it... I get medical grade or better.. The other shit is about useless...

    You just need to go through a ton of it for similar effect. Anymore with legalization in states the "black market" game has stepped way up. You almost have to go out of your way to find what one would classify as "bad" weed anymore. A lot of it ends up in edibles etc.

    @vagitron said:

    You just need to go through a ton of it for similar effect. Anymore with legalization in states the "black market" game has stepped way up. You almost have to go out of your way to find what one would classify as "bad" weed anymore. A lot of it ends up in edibles etc.

    Edibles do absolutely nothing for me...

  • @vagitron said:

    Tour where the hell were you 5 days ago? You could have saved me some time. ??

    @vagitron said:

    He is an unwilling participant in run support and that is listed as a character concern. He "lacks the character" to get his hands dirty and make hard tackles.

    Waiting for you to clarify your take.... I should have waited longer.

    He lacks the character to make hard tackles? Self-preservation, or opting to not play with reckless abandon or knowing one's limitations, however, you want to phrase it... is not a character concern. League history is littered with players, especially DBs whose careers were shortened by their aggressiveness writing checks their bodies could not cash. No better example than Rodney Harrision.

    @calfoxwc said:

    ... my conservative politics.

    So.... you've moved back towards the center?

    @tour2ma said:

    So.... you've moved back towards the center?

    ask me over there. This is the football forum. I have the discipline to separate the two, so....

  • @vagitron said:

    Tour where the hell were you 5 days ago? You could have saved me some time. ??

    @vagitron said:

    He is an unwilling participant in run support and that is listed as a character concern. He "lacks the character" to get his hands dirty and make hard tackles.

    Waiting for you to clarify your take.... I should have waited longer.

    He lacks the character to make hard tackles? Self-preservation, or opting to not play with reckless abandon or knowing one's limitations, however, you want to phrase it... is not a character concern. League history is littered with players, especially DBs whose careers were shortened by their aggressiveness writing checks their bodies could not cash. No better example than Rodney Harrision.

    @calfoxwc said:

    ... my conservative politics.

    So.... you've moved back towards the center?

    @tour2ma said:

    So.... you've moved back towards the center?

    LOL!?

  • @nickers said:

    I just don't get his obsession with Greedy and Peterson... They're not on the Stools.. Why concern himself.. He's got his own team to worry about.... He's getting all bent out of shape like a broad about players that have no direct impact on his team.. That must some shit ass weed he's smoking.. Shwag weed blows!...

    I'm not concerned. I posted why he fell and I'm argumentative so I'm still here arguing just because. I never smoke dirt weed and have a pipeline from a good friend in Colorado. Dabs all day and I can trade said dabs for tip top bud in Columbus with another buddy.

    @vagitron said:

    I'm not concerned. I posted why he fell and I'm argumentative so I'm still here arguing just because. I never smoke dirt weed and have a pipeline from a good friend in Colorado. Dabs all day and I can trade said dabs for tip top bud in Columbus with another buddy.

    You lost the argument so go away and STFU