Skip to content

Greedy Williams

Locked The Browns Board
348 38 8.9k 1
  • @vagitron said:

    Sheldon Richardson has bounced around the league. He isn't that great. I never said moncrief was better than Landry but he will suit the steeler offense. Your linebackers are no where near as good. Your defensive line has one player that would start for the steelers and that's myles. You have one proven corner in ward. You have question marks otherwise with tj carrie and mitchell and the safety situation isn't any better. The offensive lines aren't close and hunt is going to miss 8 games. You aren't better at qb. How exactly can you say the steelers are only better at offensive line? Lmao

    First we don’t know whether not we’re better quarterback or not Going into the future.After all it was baker Mayfield who set the rookie record for touchdown passes not Ben Roethlisberger. And you are a joke comparing our defense of backfield to yours yours couldn’t carry our boys jockstraps. And our defensive line is better than yours I don’t know whether there is a single one of your defense of lineman that could start on this team not over Garrett not over Richardson not over Ogunjobi not over Olivier Vernon. Maybe Hayward could be a rotational player

    @the-gipper said:

    First we don’t know whether not we’re better quarterback or not Going into the future.After all it was baker Mayfield who set the rookie record for touchdown passes not Ben Roethlisberger. And you are a joke comparing our defense of backfield to yours yours couldn’t carry our boys jockstraps. And our defensive line is better than yours I don’t know whether there is a single one of your defense of lineman that could start on this team not over Garrett not over Richardson not over Ogunjobi not over Olivier Vernon. Maybe Hayward could be a rotational player

    Denzel ward is the only player in the defensive backfield that would start for the steelers. Heyward is better than everyone but Garrett and even then they are scheme different players. Hargrave IS better than ogunjobi, Richardson is a underachiever and has been on three teams. Tuitt is equal to Vernon. You fail again. You don't check any of this shit gipper and I know you don't. You never have and you never will.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Actually the Browns have a history of being better   the Browns won more championships. the Browns have won more division titles   Cleveland has by far one more championships more than double Pittsburgh. 13 v. 6. again history shows that Cleveland is better your history of winning is just as ancient as the Browns history of winning it means not a goddamn thing to the here and now. 

    What have you done for me lately gipper, those titles pre merger don't fucking matter in the here and now. The Browns have sucked on a consistent basis since well before I was born. The last time the steelers drafted inside the top ten outside of trade ups was 1970. 

    @vagitron said:

    What have you done for me lately gipper, those titles pre merger don't fucking matter in the here and now. The Browns have sucked on a consistent basis since well before I was born. The last time the steelers drafted inside the top ten outside of trade ups was 1970. 

    Typical Steeler response "the history of the NFL started in 1970". Coincidentally, almost exactly the same year Pittsburgh stopped epically sucking. Doesn't matter if it happened 10 years ago or 50 years ago, it's history. And history says in 2018 the Steelers were at home watching the playoffs on the tube just like the Browns. And were rooting for the Browns to beat the Ravens so they could sneak in the back door.  

    @vagitron said:

    Your offensive line is no where close. Bitonio is good, Corbett is unproven. You traded zeitler. It isn't close AT ALL. Juju is a star and we will see how the rest shakes out. The linebackers aren't close and you as of now have one proven corner. Hunt is suspended 8 games and who knows how he runs in Cleveland. Chubb is good but it's not a hands down difference if a difference at all. Ben is going to the hall of fame and the "old asshole" just threw for over 5000 yards. It's okay gipper, you are full of shit and always have been. Stick to the trivia from pre merger when your memory was still good.

    Ju-ju was a star as a #2 wr. Let's see how great he is as your #1. Yup, Ben had a career year, he's running out of years way faster than Baker. If you want to tout your o-line as vastly superior- well, the Browns WRs as a group are vastly superior to the Steelers. Corners? You have a rapidly aging Joe Haden and a bunch of unproven nothing. Which brings me to- 

    Since you want to tout Justin Layne's prowess, I'll say this first- if we had drafted Justin- and the Steelers had drafted Williams you would have thought Williams shit doesn't stink, and Layne was going to be an over rated bust. That's been your MO this entire thread. Secondly- I daresay I know a tad more about Justin than you do. Ya see, Layne graduated from the same High School that I did, and we tend to follow the careers of our graduates rather closely- um like Jerome Baker last year.  So besides being from Cleveland- Justin is a huge Browns fan, and lobbied for the Browns to draft him. Doubtless, he would have preferred to be drafted by any other team in the NFL than the Steelers. It's like oh shit- you mean I have to work for a company I hate, just because they're willing to pay me a lot of money?  😁 

  • @vagitron said:

    What have you done for me lately gipper, those titles pre merger don't fucking matter in the here and now. The Browns have sucked on a consistent basis since well before I was born. The last time the steelers drafted inside the top ten outside of trade ups was 1970. 

    Typical Steeler response "the history of the NFL started in 1970". Coincidentally, almost exactly the same year Pittsburgh stopped epically sucking. Doesn't matter if it happened 10 years ago or 50 years ago, it's history. And history says in 2018 the Steelers were at home watching the playoffs on the tube just like the Browns. And were rooting for the Browns to beat the Ravens so they could sneak in the back door.  

    @vagitron said:

    Your offensive line is no where close. Bitonio is good, Corbett is unproven. You traded zeitler. It isn't close AT ALL. Juju is a star and we will see how the rest shakes out. The linebackers aren't close and you as of now have one proven corner. Hunt is suspended 8 games and who knows how he runs in Cleveland. Chubb is good but it's not a hands down difference if a difference at all. Ben is going to the hall of fame and the "old asshole" just threw for over 5000 yards. It's okay gipper, you are full of shit and always have been. Stick to the trivia from pre merger when your memory was still good.

    Ju-ju was a star as a #2 wr. Let's see how great he is as your #1. Yup, Ben had a career year, he's running out of years way faster than Baker. If you want to tout your o-line as vastly superior- well, the Browns WRs as a group are vastly superior to the Steelers. Corners? You have a rapidly aging Joe Haden and a bunch of unproven nothing. Which brings me to- 

    Since you want to tout Justin Layne's prowess, I'll say this first- if we had drafted Justin- and the Steelers had drafted Williams you would have thought Williams shit doesn't stink, and Layne was going to be an over rated bust. That's been your MO this entire thread. Secondly- I daresay I know a tad more about Justin than you do. Ya see, Layne graduated from the same High School that I did, and we tend to follow the careers of our graduates rather closely- um like Jerome Baker last year.  So besides being from Cleveland- Justin is a huge Browns fan, and lobbied for the Browns to draft him. Doubtless, he would have preferred to be drafted by any other team in the NFL than the Steelers. It's like oh shit- you mean I have to work for a company I hate, just because they're willing to pay me a lot of money?  😁 

    @hoorta said:

    Typical Steeler response "the history of the NFL started in 1970". Coincidentally, almost exactly the same year Pittsburgh stopped epically sucking. Doesn't matter if it happened 10 years ago or 50 years ago, it's history. And history says in 2018 the Steelers were at home watching the playoffs on the tube just like the Browns. And were rooting for the Browns to beat the Ravens so they could sneak in the back door.  

    Ju-ju was a star as a #2 wr. Let's see how great he is as your #1. Yup, Ben had a career year, he's running out of years way faster than Baker. If you want to tout your o-line as vastly superior- well, the Browns WRs as a group are vastly superior to the Steelers. Corners? You have a rapidly aging Joe Haden and a bunch of unproven nothing. Which brings me to- 

    Since you want to tout Justin Layne's prowess, I'll say this first- if we had drafted Justin- and the Steelers had drafted Williams you would have thought Williams shit doesn't stink, and Layne was going to be an over rated bust. That's been your MO this entire thread. Secondly- I daresay I know a tad more about Justin than you do. Ya see, Layne graduated from the same High School that I did, and we tend to follow the careers of our graduates rather closely- um like Jerome Baker last year.  So besides being from Cleveland- Justin is a huge Browns fan, and lobbied for the Browns to draft him. Doubtless, he would have preferred to be drafted by any other team in the NFL than the Steelers. It's like oh shit- you mean I have to work for a company I hate, just because they're willing to pay me a lot of money?  😁 

    I didn't say those titles don't matter. I did say that they mean absolutely dick right now. Justin Layne's entire family threw away their Browns gear, it was on twitter/Instagram and I wanted nothing to do with greedy because of the tackling thing. Nelson is proven and graded out very well despite being targeted constantly because the chiefs secondary was a mess. Sensabaugh also graded very well and haden was said to have no gas in he tank when you all had him and the Browns were horribly wrong.

    Gipper only talks nonsense, I don't know why you all don't call him out on it. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Typical Steeler response "the history of the NFL started in 1970". Coincidentally, almost exactly the same year Pittsburgh stopped epically sucking. Doesn't matter if it happened 10 years ago or 50 years ago, it's history. And history says in 2018 the Steelers were at home watching the playoffs on the tube just like the Browns. And were rooting for the Browns to beat the Ravens so they could sneak in the back door.  

    Ju-ju was a star as a #2 wr. Let's see how great he is as your #1. Yup, Ben had a career year, he's running out of years way faster than Baker. If you want to tout your o-line as vastly superior- well, the Browns WRs as a group are vastly superior to the Steelers. Corners? You have a rapidly aging Joe Haden and a bunch of unproven nothing. Which brings me to- 

    Since you want to tout Justin Layne's prowess, I'll say this first- if we had drafted Justin- and the Steelers had drafted Williams you would have thought Williams shit doesn't stink, and Layne was going to be an over rated bust. That's been your MO this entire thread. Secondly- I daresay I know a tad more about Justin than you do. Ya see, Layne graduated from the same High School that I did, and we tend to follow the careers of our graduates rather closely- um like Jerome Baker last year.  So besides being from Cleveland- Justin is a huge Browns fan, and lobbied for the Browns to draft him. Doubtless, he would have preferred to be drafted by any other team in the NFL than the Steelers. It's like oh shit- you mean I have to work for a company I hate, just because they're willing to pay me a lot of money?  😁 

    I didn't say those titles don't matter. I did say that they mean absolutely dick right now. Justin Layne's entire family threw away their Browns gear, it was on twitter/Instagram and I wanted nothing to do with greedy because of the tackling thing. Nelson is proven and graded out very well despite being targeted constantly because the chiefs secondary was a mess. Sensabaugh also graded very well and haden was said to have no gas in he tank when you all had him and the Browns were horribly wrong.

    Gipper only talks nonsense, I don't know why you all don't call him out on it. 

    @vagitron said:

    Gipper only talks nonsense, I don't know why you all don't call him out on it. 

    But we like nonsense around here, thus the poly board.???

  • @hoorta said:

    Typical Steeler response "the history of the NFL started in 1970". Coincidentally, almost exactly the same year Pittsburgh stopped epically sucking. Doesn't matter if it happened 10 years ago or 50 years ago, it's history. And history says in 2018 the Steelers were at home watching the playoffs on the tube just like the Browns. And were rooting for the Browns to beat the Ravens so they could sneak in the back door.  

    Ju-ju was a star as a #2 wr. Let's see how great he is as your #1. Yup, Ben had a career year, he's running out of years way faster than Baker. If you want to tout your o-line as vastly superior- well, the Browns WRs as a group are vastly superior to the Steelers. Corners? You have a rapidly aging Joe Haden and a bunch of unproven nothing. Which brings me to- 

    Since you want to tout Justin Layne's prowess, I'll say this first- if we had drafted Justin- and the Steelers had drafted Williams you would have thought Williams shit doesn't stink, and Layne was going to be an over rated bust. That's been your MO this entire thread. Secondly- I daresay I know a tad more about Justin than you do. Ya see, Layne graduated from the same High School that I did, and we tend to follow the careers of our graduates rather closely- um like Jerome Baker last year.  So besides being from Cleveland- Justin is a huge Browns fan, and lobbied for the Browns to draft him. Doubtless, he would have preferred to be drafted by any other team in the NFL than the Steelers. It's like oh shit- you mean I have to work for a company I hate, just because they're willing to pay me a lot of money?  😁 

    I didn't say those titles don't matter. I did say that they mean absolutely dick right now. Justin Layne's entire family threw away their Browns gear, it was on twitter/Instagram and I wanted nothing to do with greedy because of the tackling thing. Nelson is proven and graded out very well despite being targeted constantly because the chiefs secondary was a mess. Sensabaugh also graded very well and haden was said to have no gas in he tank when you all had him and the Browns were horribly wrong.

    Gipper only talks nonsense, I don't know why you all don't call him out on it. 

    @vagitron said:

    I didn't say those titles don't matter. I did say that they mean absolutely dick right now. Justin Layne's entire family threw away their Browns gear, it was on twitter/Instagram and I wanted nothing to do with greedy because of the tackling thing. Nelson is proven and graded out very well despite being targeted constantly because the chiefs secondary was a mess. Sensabaugh also graded very well and haden was said to have no gas in he tank when you all had him and the Browns were horribly wrong.

    Gipper only talks nonsense, I don't know why you all don't call him out on it. 

    LOL.. Which only explains why the Stools keep drafting corners to replace him (Haden).. Haden is a mere shadow of his once self..Haden still gets consistently burned..  But by all means deny it all you want...

  • @vagitron said:

    I didn't say those titles don't matter. I did say that they mean absolutely dick right now. Justin Layne's entire family threw away their Browns gear, it was on twitter/Instagram and I wanted nothing to do with greedy because of the tackling thing. Nelson is proven and graded out very well despite being targeted constantly because the chiefs secondary was a mess. Sensabaugh also graded very well and haden was said to have no gas in he tank when you all had him and the Browns were horribly wrong.

    Gipper only talks nonsense, I don't know why you all don't call him out on it. 

    LOL.. Which only explains why the Stools keep drafting corners to replace him (Haden).. Haden is a mere shadow of his once self..Haden still gets consistently burned..  But by all means deny it all you want...

    @nickers said:

    LOL.. Which only explains why the Stools keep drafting corners to replace him (Haden).. Haden is a mere shadow of his once self..Haden still gets consistently burned..  But by all means deny it all you want...

    Artie burns is very likely a bust unless something happens this year. Haden is nearing the end of his contract and has been good for us and with sub packages you need more than a few corners. Layne is still raw.

  • @nickers said:

    LOL.. Which only explains why the Stools keep drafting corners to replace him (Haden).. Haden is a mere shadow of his once self..Haden still gets consistently burned..  But by all means deny it all you want...

    Artie burns is very likely a bust unless something happens this year. Haden is nearing the end of his contract and has been good for us and with sub packages you need more than a few corners. Layne is still raw.

    @vagitron said:

    Artie burns is very likely a bust unless something happens this year. Haden is nearing the end of his contract and has been good for us and with sub packages you need more than a few corners. Layne is still raw.

    As long as Joe can keep things in front of him.. He's solid.. But if a burner gets past him... He's toast...

  • @gunz41 said:

    I agree that at this moment they are being overvalued and undervalued.

    And I realize that a lot of your arguments are made to look worse because of the back and forth you have going. But that old saying (and no I'm not calling either fools), but from a far fool's arguing.

    I really don't care how the Steelers do. I am the different type of guy who doesn't hate them. From some of the issues they have had, I certainly hope well for both Conner and Shazier. But even you have to admit some of your answers come off as contradictory. 

    It would be hard pressed to find anyone who doesn't really show favoritism when evaluating things. So when I went position by position and it was about even, that's about what it is.

    Gipper talks nonsense and it spins out of control, maybe I should just block the old fuck and be done with it. What comes off as contradictory? I'm not saying I don't but examples if you are willing would be cool. 

    @vagitron said:

    Gipper talks nonsense and it spins out of control, maybe I should just block the old fuck and be done with it. What comes off as contradictory? I'm not saying I don't but examples if you are willing would be cool. 

    I don't mind, and I don't mean this in a mean way, but go back a few posts from me, I mentioned a couple already. If you can't find them, or don't understand, or need more proof then I can give it to you 

  • @vagitron said:

    Gipper talks nonsense and it spins out of control, maybe I should just block the old fuck and be done with it. What comes off as contradictory? I'm not saying I don't but examples if you are willing would be cool. 

    I don't mind, and I don't mean this in a mean way, but go back a few posts from me, I mentioned a couple already. If you can't find them, or don't understand, or need more proof then I can give it to you 

    @gunz41 said:

    I don't mind, and I don't mean this in a mean way, but go back a few posts from me, I mentioned a couple already. If you can't find them, or don't understand, or need more proof then I can give it to you 

    1. The Steelers being better without brown is a slippery slope. He's a tremendous talent but also a tremendous cancer. My belief is the team galvanizes to prove they aren't what brown claims and it's already on display as the entire team has shown up for voluntary workouts. 

    2. You are correct on Johnson and moncrief and my comment about obj. No one knows how any of them will perform with their new teams.

    I don't remember the other you mentioned and don't want to go back and look. However my confidence in wr's stems from the steelers success with them.

    Johnson is highly regarded by a few analysis based sites, PFF being the big one and his tape and his measurable are nearly identical to brown. Brown is as good as he is because of his off the field work. He's relentless. We will see how things shake out. 

  • Nah, but I'm thinking of locking it Vag. 12 pages on Greedy and the relative merits of Browns- Steelers is about enough for this time of year....  

    PS there's a ton of hard core Republicans that are disgusted with Trump. The "Never Trump" crowd never really went away. They were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he used that up long ago.  🙂