Skip to content

Sione Takitaki

The Browns Board
83 31 2.6k 1
  • What is amusing is the people who are making these picks are paid $$$$$$ to make them, if we all could do better we would be in jobs doing it 🙂 ....

    We should all apply for the next available GM job that comes up and we can show our board draft on our resume and the posts we have made regarding picks 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by Flugel
    #73

    @darren15 said:

    What is amusing is the people who are making these picks are paid $$$$$$ to make them, if we all could do better we would be in jobs doing it 🙂 ....

    We should all apply for the next available GM job that comes up and we can show our board draft on our resume and the posts we have made regarding picks 

    I heard an interesting spin from Peter Schrager about what Seattle is trying to do. They just made Wilson the highest paid player so they prefer to build around the mid-late rounds of the draft (even drafted Russell Wilson in the 3rd rd the 1 year all the mock drafts only had eyes for Luck and RG3 in gotta-have round 1 territory).   Not only that, their GM is either the next Jed Clampett striking oil by accident with all the late round gems he landed or he's pretty freakin good at doing that.

    Applying this to us as much as we can, we've been signing the rock star FAs in the last 2 years while we also found our franchise QB at the 1st pick overall (who's going to demand a much bigger contract within the next few years if the success continues).  If you can draft in the mid-late rounds and find the buried treasures that went undrafted - you can perpetuate a healthy salary cap like Seattle did for a decent length of time.  Let's hope we do something like that this year. 

  • He was flying up boards , was an expected round 3 guy

    https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/BYU-LB-Sione-Takitak

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @darren15 said:

    He was flying up boards , was an expected round 3 guy

    https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/article/BYU-LB-Sione-Takitak

    Flying up the boards to "Page not found"??

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #75
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Make a bet right now Mack Wilson starts as our MLB over anyone else on this team by opening day. Bama does not start untalented players in important key positions on defense and they are NFL ready when they leave Saban coached teams. He will understand the defensive schemes from day one.

    Trey depriest??? Started for two years never made an NFL squad. Adrian Hubbard starter for bama in 2012 leading them in sacks tfl and forced fumbles but never made a roster. Reggie ragland is starting to play well in his second season and was a 2nd round pick starting linebacker from Alabama and he didn't even start his first year sitting behind Preston brown and tanner Vallejo. Reuben foster very talented but can't get on the field for off field issues. To say mack will be starting year one for us because he went to Alabama is a bit over the top. I'll take that bet. Note I do really like the pick despite this post. Just think it's a bit presumptuous to say he will start on opening day simply because he went to bama

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #76

    @bjh2130 said:

     To say mack will be starting year one for us because he went to Alabama is a bit over the top. I'll take that bet. Note I do really like the pick despite this post. Just think it's a bit presumptuous to say he will start on opening day simply because he went to bama

    You're on for a beer next time I go to a Browns game.

    @hoorta said:

    Guys that want to bang on a third round pick- well. Not counting the 254 players that got drafted, I was pretty stunned perusing the list Ag originally posted in another thread.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001028811/article/top-undrafted-free-agents-following-the-2019-nfl-draft  think you want to be a GM? Got the time to go over game tape and actually scout all these guys? And there's probably a lot more that didn't even make the list.  

    And another beer with you too Larry. Then we can go split a bottle of decent red.????

    EDIT And if either of these guys ends up the starter I'll be happy as a pig in slop. ?It means there was fierce competition for the right to run through RBs and QBs.?

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Clearly Dorsey has a theme with his linebackers: 2 name guys. First he signed Ray Ray, and now Takitaki. I will henceforth refer to him as Taki squared.

    That or he borrowed Gipper's cell phone...

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @flugel said:

    That or he borrowed Gipper's cell phone...

    I may have to start going back to doing the double tap!

    😮

  • @flugel said:

    That or he borrowed Gipper's cell phone...

    I may have to start going back to doing the double tap!

    😮

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @the-gipper said:

    I may have to start going back to doing the double tap!

    😮

    Please don'tPlease don't 

  • @flugel said:

    That or he borrowed Gipper's cell phone...

    I may have to start going back to doing the double tap!

    😮

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @the-gipper said:

    I may have to start going back to doing the double tap!

    😮

    Double tap?Double tap?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I may have to start going back to doing the double tap!

    😮

    Double tap?Double tap?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @nero said:

    Double tap?Double tap?

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #81

    I love these draftees as lockerroom additions - and their meanness on the field.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #82

  • Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #83

    Everyone is entitled to an opinion of anything, certainly how they feel about a player.

    With that being said, the ones saying how bad of a pick it was dont jive with also saying In Dorsey we/I trust.

    If the reaction was to do that, then no it wasn't In Dorsey you trust, it was that you didn't have a reason to complain before. It was that you sided with the decision making prior. That isn't trust.

    I wont go through all the moves, just a couple. This is how it appears when that happens.

    Ward- I liked Chubb more, but I can see why he made the decision. Works out- he is great

    N. Chubb- hes great, got the 2nd best back in Draft. Genius move

    OBJ- we got the best receiver in NFL. 

    Then without a 1st round pick, the Dorsey is such a genius he can find a way to move to 1st to get "x player" without giving up 1st next year.

    Greedy- Dorsey knew exactly when to move up to get the best CB in Draft. He is the man.

    Takitaki- this is a terrible pick, a huge overreach (because nobody in the media/pre draft THOUGHT he would go that high). 

    Mack- he was the 2nd or 3rd best LB in the draft. This was INCREDIBLE value. An absolute steal. He should be starting day 1

    So when its like that, you trust, but a pick you don't then you don't trust. Those just don't work together. If I trust someone, I trust them at any time.

    What I see in this scenario is that most people undervalued Sione and overvalued Mack. That doesn't mean that Mack won't be better, its just the assumption of grade. As the person that people wants to trust had the choice of each and chose 1 before the other. Maybe, just maybe, JD wanted both and actually KNEW how both were graded.

    Everyone seems to dismiss the fact that its not like it was an either/or, and that Mack "the unbelievable steal" went a couple picks later or something. There was 9 LBs selected between the 2. Mack wasn't the next ILB, 3 taken before him.

    Again, I have zero issue with people having an opinion (whether right or wrong, or proven correct or incorrect) about a player. But if it's the same people saying they trust Dorsey, then its not right to complain at the 1st thing he does that they don't agree with. Trust isn't, I trust them unless they do something I disagree with