Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Round 4

Round 4

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
50 Posts 12 Posters 875 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • 7moses7 7 Reacting Well Conversation Starter Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 1k Posts
    • 248 Reputation
    7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Who would be a good pick?  Thoughts?   Khalil Hodge LB  Buffalo? Amani Hooker S Iowa, Zedrick Woods S  Mississippi ?   Just thinking out loud 

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Zombo Z
      • 8k Posts
      • 0 Reputation
      Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Who is best OL left? May be where we turn.

      Z

      1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 5k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
        #3

        I like Hakeem Butler WR and Deionte Thompson S. 

        Mr. Make-BelieveM 1 Reply Last reply
        👍
        Quote Reply
        • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown

          I like Hakeem Butler WR and Deionte Thompson S. 

          Mr. Make-Believe Mr. Make-BelieveM Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 719 Posts
          • 122 Reputation
          Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @ibleedbrown said:

          I like Hakeem Butler WR and Deionte Thompson S. 

          Butler looks like a monster. Don't know much about Thompson.

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Mr. Make-Believe Mr. Make-BelieveM Very Popular Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 719 Posts
            • 122 Reputation
            Mr. Make-BelieveM Mr. Make-Believe wrote on last edited by
            #5

            Between Takitaki and Redwine, it looks like  the Browns are focusing on special teams. lol

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Louisville Slugger Louisville SluggerL
              • 706 Posts
              • 95 Reputation
              Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
              #6

              Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

              Z The GipperT C IbleedbrownI 4 Replies Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger

                Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

                Zombo Z
                • 8k Posts
                • 0 Reputation
                Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @louisville-slugger said:

                Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

                Redwine looks like a player. Productive career on good defense. Had a nice combine. I think we are filling in the defense nicely.

                Z

                Louisville SluggerL 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 11k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  Drafting Defensive depth like we should be..  while fixing the mess on Special teams..stay tuned..

                  Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Z Zombo

                    @louisville-slugger said:

                    Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

                    Redwine looks like a player. Productive career on good defense. Had a nice combine. I think we are filling in the defense nicely.

                    Z

                    Louisville Slugger Louisville SluggerL
                    • 706 Posts
                    • 95 Reputation
                    Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Zombo said:

                    Redwine looks like a player. Productive career on good defense. Had a nice combine. I think we are filling in the defense nicely.

                    Z

                    I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

                    Z The GipperT 2 Replies Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger

                      Zombo said:

                      Redwine looks like a player. Productive career on good defense. Had a nice combine. I think we are filling in the defense nicely.

                      Z

                      I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

                      Zombo Z
                      • 8k Posts
                      • 0 Reputation
                      Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @louisville-slugger said:

                      I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

                      Ok ... 3rd and 4th round good spot to be taking athletes. Special teamers right away with high ceilings for the future.

                      Z

                      Louisville SluggerL 1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger

                        Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                        • 57k Posts
                        • 4k Reputation
                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @louisville-slugger said:

                        Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

                        Again, here we go.....the amateurs on here claiming they know more about how to evaluate talent than Dorsey. 

                        I think you may still be drunk off the picks of Brady Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo.    You see every Browns pick as a disaster. (but...its funny how nearly all those lower round picks of Dorsey seemed to hit the mark)

                        Louisville SluggerL 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger

                          Zombo said:

                          Redwine looks like a player. Productive career on good defense. Had a nice combine. I think we are filling in the defense nicely.

                          Z

                          I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @louisville-slugger said:

                          I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

                          And you are what?   Just looking at Kiper or someone's draft board and second guessing from that?  Yea.

                          1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Z Zombo

                            @louisville-slugger said:

                            I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

                            Ok ... 3rd and 4th round good spot to be taking athletes. Special teamers right away with high ceilings for the future.

                            Z

                            Louisville Slugger Louisville SluggerL
                            • 706 Posts
                            • 95 Reputation
                            Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @gumby73 said:

                            staying classy?..cover your waste..your Lamar Jackson purple skirt maybe showing? ?

                            Well I was right so about Lamar so...

                            Zombo said:

                            Ok ... 3rd and 4th round good spot to be taking athletes. Special teamers right away with high ceilings for the future.

                            Z

                            That doesn't excuse taking a lesser player. I'm pretty sure Takitaki would have been available as an udfa

                            Z 1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • The GipperT The Gipper

                              @louisville-slugger said:

                              Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

                              Again, here we go.....the amateurs on here claiming they know more about how to evaluate talent than Dorsey. 

                              I think you may still be drunk off the picks of Brady Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo.    You see every Browns pick as a disaster. (but...its funny how nearly all those lower round picks of Dorsey seemed to hit the mark)

                              Louisville Slugger Louisville SluggerL
                              • 706 Posts
                              • 95 Reputation
                              Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              @the-gipper said:

                              Again, here we go.....the amateurs on here claiming they know more about how to evaluate talent than Dorsey. 

                              I think you may still be drunk off the picks of Brady Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo.    You see every Browns pick as a disaster. (but...its funny how nearly all those lower round picks of Dorsey seemed to hit the mark)

                              Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.

                              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger

                                Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

                                calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                • 64k Posts
                                • 8k Reputation
                                C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                @louisville-slugger said:

                                Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

                                You would have a point - except Deionte has far, far less experience - was on special teams because of better talent starting until his last year, I think.

                                  and Redwine has PLENTY of experience man coverage as both a cb and safety. He can play all over. Redwine is the better pick, imho.

                                Compare:

                                https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/deionte-thompson

                                Feet/Change of Direction -Footwork is a bit of a mess in instances which he's dropping down to the LOS. Guilty of hips and a super wide spread in his feet, removing suddenness. Like his angular back-pedals and bail techniques much better to play with control and stay balanced.

                                Man Coverage Skills -Was not featured in a press or off man role with any consistency. At this juncture, he'd be better served continuing to play as an overhang defender and single high pass defender to help enhance abilities there and add polish.

                                Versatility -Willing effort as a tackler and in run support, has been buzzed down to the LOS in run help on occasion and can be successful there in the pros. Wouldn't prescribe any man coverage reps or anything where he doesn't have help behind him.

                                C 1 Reply Last reply
                                Quote Reply
                                • calfoxwc C Dedicated Very Popular Conversation Starter Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Reacting Well Week One Done One Year In One Month Later
                                  • 64k Posts
                                  • 8k Reputation
                                  C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  So, Thompson is a liability in coverage, and certainly doesn't have the footwork to ever be a cb.

                                  Redwine wins, absolutely.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger

                                    @the-gipper said:

                                    Again, here we go.....the amateurs on here claiming they know more about how to evaluate talent than Dorsey. 

                                    I think you may still be drunk off the picks of Brady Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo.    You see every Browns pick as a disaster. (but...its funny how nearly all those lower round picks of Dorsey seemed to hit the mark)

                                    Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.

                                    The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                    • 57k Posts
                                    • 4k Reputation
                                    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @louisville-slugger said:

                                    Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.

                                     I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me.  Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey. 

                                    Idjit.   

                                    Louisville SluggerL 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                      • 57k Posts
                                      • 4k Reputation
                                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      A Kicker!!! From Oklahoma??

                                      Austin Siebert.      Baker's boy?      (We know who has the job now)

                                      1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger

                                        @gumby73 said:

                                        staying classy?..cover your waste..your Lamar Jackson purple skirt maybe showing? ?

                                        Well I was right so about Lamar so...

                                        Zombo said:

                                        Ok ... 3rd and 4th round good spot to be taking athletes. Special teamers right away with high ceilings for the future.

                                        Z

                                        That doesn't excuse taking a lesser player. I'm pretty sure Takitaki would have been available as an udfa

                                        Zombo Z
                                        • 8k Posts
                                        • 0 Reputation
                                        Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @louisville-slugger said:

                                        Well I was right so about Lamar so...

                                        That doesn't excuse taking a lesser player. I'm pretty sure Takitaki would have been available as an udfa

                                        Not sure how you can be so certain.

                                        If our excellent personnel staff had him with a 3rd round grade, surely one of the other teams had him with a decent grade as well.

                                        All those mock boards on the outside are completely different than the draft boards inside those war rooms.

                                        You are just going by what other people speculate who are on the outside of NFL teams.

                                        Z

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • The GipperT The Gipper

                                          @louisville-slugger said:

                                          Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.

                                           I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me.  Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey. 

                                          Idjit.   

                                          Louisville Slugger Louisville SluggerL
                                          • 706 Posts
                                          • 95 Reputation
                                          Louisville SluggerL Louisville Slugger wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @the-gipper said:

                                           I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me.  Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey. 

                                          Idjit.   

                                          I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too

                                          The GipperT Gunz41G 2 Replies Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate