Skip to content

Round 4

The Browns Board
50 12 875
  • Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

    Redwine looks like a player. Productive career on good defense. Had a nice combine. I think we are filling in the defense nicely.

    Z

  • Drafting Defensive depth like we should be..  while fixing the mess on Special teams..stay tuned..

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

    Redwine looks like a player. Productive career on good defense. Had a nice combine. I think we are filling in the defense nicely.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Redwine looks like a player. Productive career on good defense. Had a nice combine. I think we are filling in the defense nicely.

    Z

    I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

  • Zombo said:

    Redwine looks like a player. Productive career on good defense. Had a nice combine. I think we are filling in the defense nicely.

    Z

    I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

    Ok ... 3rd and 4th round good spot to be taking athletes. Special teamers right away with high ceilings for the future.

    Z

  • Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

    Again, here we go.....the amateurs on here claiming they know more about how to evaluate talent than Dorsey. 

    I think you may still be drunk off the picks of Brady Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo.    You see every Browns pick as a disaster. (but...its funny how nearly all those lower round picks of Dorsey seemed to hit the mark)

  • Zombo said:

    Redwine looks like a player. Productive career on good defense. Had a nice combine. I think we are filling in the defense nicely.

    Z

    I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

    And you are what?   Just looking at Kiper or someone's draft board and second guessing from that?  Yea.

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    I think we are drafting athletes. I'm pretty sure they are just drafting by 40 times at this point

    Ok ... 3rd and 4th round good spot to be taking athletes. Special teamers right away with high ceilings for the future.

    Z

    @gumby73 said:

    staying classy?..cover your waste..your Lamar Jackson purple skirt maybe showing? ?

    Well I was right so about Lamar so...

    Zombo said:

    Ok ... 3rd and 4th round good spot to be taking athletes. Special teamers right away with high ceilings for the future.

    Z

    That doesn't excuse taking a lesser player. I'm pretty sure Takitaki would have been available as an udfa

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

    Again, here we go.....the amateurs on here claiming they know more about how to evaluate talent than Dorsey. 

    I think you may still be drunk off the picks of Brady Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo.    You see every Browns pick as a disaster. (but...its funny how nearly all those lower round picks of Dorsey seemed to hit the mark)

    @the-gipper said:

    Again, here we go.....the amateurs on here claiming they know more about how to evaluate talent than Dorsey. 

    I think you may still be drunk off the picks of Brady Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo.    You see every Browns pick as a disaster. (but...its funny how nearly all those lower round picks of Dorsey seemed to hit the mark)

    Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.

  • Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration 

    You would have a point - except Deionte has far, far less experience - was on special teams because of better talent starting until his last year, I think.

      and Redwine has PLENTY of experience man coverage as both a cb and safety. He can play all over. Redwine is the better pick, imho.

    Compare:

    https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/deionte-thompson

    Feet/Change of Direction -Footwork is a bit of a mess in instances which he's dropping down to the LOS. Guilty of hips and a super wide spread in his feet, removing suddenness. Like his angular back-pedals and bail techniques much better to play with control and stay balanced.

    Man Coverage Skills -Was not featured in a press or off man role with any consistency. At this juncture, he'd be better served continuing to play as an overhang defender and single high pass defender to help enhance abilities there and add polish.

    Versatility -Willing effort as a tackler and in run support, has been buzzed down to the LOS in run help on occasion and can be successful there in the pros. Wouldn't prescribe any man coverage reps or anything where he doesn't have help behind him.

  • So, Thompson is a liability in coverage, and certainly doesn't have the footwork to ever be a cb.

    Redwine wins, absolutely.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Again, here we go.....the amateurs on here claiming they know more about how to evaluate talent than Dorsey. 

    I think you may still be drunk off the picks of Brady Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo.    You see every Browns pick as a disaster. (but...its funny how nearly all those lower round picks of Dorsey seemed to hit the mark)

    Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.

     I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me.  Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey. 

    Idjit.   

  • A Kicker!!! From Oklahoma??

    Austin Siebert.      Baker's boy?      (We know who has the job now)

  • @gumby73 said:

    staying classy?..cover your waste..your Lamar Jackson purple skirt maybe showing? ?

    Well I was right so about Lamar so...

    Zombo said:

    Ok ... 3rd and 4th round good spot to be taking athletes. Special teamers right away with high ceilings for the future.

    Z

    That doesn't excuse taking a lesser player. I'm pretty sure Takitaki would have been available as an udfa

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Well I was right so about Lamar so...

    That doesn't excuse taking a lesser player. I'm pretty sure Takitaki would have been available as an udfa

    Not sure how you can be so certain.

    If our excellent personnel staff had him with a 3rd round grade, surely one of the other teams had him with a decent grade as well.

    All those mock boards on the outside are completely different than the draft boards inside those war rooms.

    You are just going by what other people speculate who are on the outside of NFL teams.

    Z

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.

     I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me.  Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey. 

    Idjit.   

    @the-gipper said:

     I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me.  Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey. 

    Idjit.   

    I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too

  • So....we got a kicker.  

  • @the-gipper said:

     I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me.  Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey. 

    Idjit.   

    I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too

    @louisville-slugger said:

    I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too

    I hate when people act like arrogant asshole idiots who think they know more than the professionals who have decades of experience. 

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too

    I hate when people act like arrogant asshole idiots who think they know more than the professionals who have decades of experience. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I hate when people act like arrogant asshole idiots who think they know more than the professionals who have decades of experience. 

    How is that arrogant? Most GMs are terrible at drafting players. I mean for the love of God a GM traded up into the 2nd round for a kicker recently. Who does that?!?! 

  • @the-gipper said:

    I hate when people act like arrogant asshole idiots who think they know more than the professionals who have decades of experience. 

    How is that arrogant? Most GMs are terrible at drafting players. I mean for the love of God a GM traded up into the 2nd round for a kicker recently. Who does that?!?! 

    @louisville-slugger said:

    How is that arrogant? Most GMs are terrible at drafting players. I mean for the love of God a GM traded up into the 2nd round for a kicker recently. Who does that?!?! 

    Call us when you get a job as a GM in the NFL.   Then maybe (or maybe not) you will have some credibility.  And then even if you do we can say you don't.

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    How is that arrogant? Most GMs are terrible at drafting players. I mean for the love of God a GM traded up into the 2nd round for a kicker recently. Who does that?!?! 

    Call us when you get a job as a GM in the NFL.   Then maybe (or maybe not) you will have some credibility.  And then even if you do we can say you don't.

    @the-gipper said:

    Call us when you get a job as a GM in the NFL.   Then maybe (or maybe not) you will have some credibility.  And then even if you do we can say you don't.

    What is your problem? I dont like takitaki so fuck me right? If you disagree with my opinion then study some prospects instead of trivia and we can debate. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Call us when you get a job as a GM in the NFL.   Then maybe (or maybe not) you will have some credibility.  And then even if you do we can say you don't.

    What is your problem? I dont like takitaki so fuck me right? If you disagree with my opinion then study some prospects instead of trivia and we can debate. 

    @louisville-slugger said:

    What is your problem? I dont like takitaki so fuck me right? If you disagree with my opinion then study some prospects instead of trivia and we can debate. 

    I appoint John Dorsey as my surrogate for that purpose.