Round 4
-
So, Thompson is a liability in coverage, and certainly doesn't have the footwork to ever be a cb.
Redwine wins, absolutely.
-
Again, here we go.....the amateurs on here claiming they know more about how to evaluate talent than Dorsey.
I think you may still be drunk off the picks of Brady Quinn, Weeden, Manziel, Gilbert, Mingo. You see every Browns pick as a disaster. (but...its funny how nearly all those lower round picks of Dorsey seemed to hit the mark)
Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.
Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.
I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me. Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey.
Idjit.
-
A Kicker!!! From Oklahoma??
Austin Siebert. Baker's boy? (We know who has the job now)
-
@gumby73 said:
staying classy?..cover your waste..your Lamar Jackson purple skirt maybe showing? ?
Well I was right so about Lamar so...
Zombo said:
Ok ... 3rd and 4th round good spot to be taking athletes. Special teamers right away with high ceilings for the future.
Z
That doesn't excuse taking a lesser player. I'm pretty sure Takitaki would have been available as an udfa
Well I was right so about Lamar so...
That doesn't excuse taking a lesser player. I'm pretty sure Takitaki would have been available as an udfa
Not sure how you can be so certain.
If our excellent personnel staff had him with a 3rd round grade, surely one of the other teams had him with a decent grade as well.
All those mock boards on the outside are completely different than the draft boards inside those war rooms.
You are just going by what other people speculate who are on the outside of NFL teams.
Z
-
Actually I've been pretty happy with our last 2 or 3 drafts. I've called out all of our bad moves and applauded our good ones. If you cant look at these players tape and tell they are trash that's on you.
I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me. Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey.
Idjit.
I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me. Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey.
Idjit.
I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too
-
So....we got a kicker.
-
I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me. Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey.
Idjit.
I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too
I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too
I hate when people act like arrogant asshole idiots who think they know more than the professionals who have decades of experience.
-
I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too
I hate when people act like arrogant asshole idiots who think they know more than the professionals who have decades of experience.
I hate when people act like arrogant asshole idiots who think they know more than the professionals who have decades of experience.
How is that arrogant? Most GMs are terrible at drafting players. I mean for the love of God a GM traded up into the 2nd round for a kicker recently. Who does that?!?!
-
I hate when people act like arrogant asshole idiots who think they know more than the professionals who have decades of experience.
How is that arrogant? Most GMs are terrible at drafting players. I mean for the love of God a GM traded up into the 2nd round for a kicker recently. Who does that?!?!
How is that arrogant? Most GMs are terrible at drafting players. I mean for the love of God a GM traded up into the 2nd round for a kicker recently. Who does that?!?!
Call us when you get a job as a GM in the NFL. Then maybe (or maybe not) you will have some credibility. And then even if you do we can say you don't.
-
How is that arrogant? Most GMs are terrible at drafting players. I mean for the love of God a GM traded up into the 2nd round for a kicker recently. Who does that?!?!
Call us when you get a job as a GM in the NFL. Then maybe (or maybe not) you will have some credibility. And then even if you do we can say you don't.
Call us when you get a job as a GM in the NFL. Then maybe (or maybe not) you will have some credibility. And then even if you do we can say you don't.
What is your problem? I dont like takitaki so fuck me right? If you disagree with my opinion then study some prospects instead of trivia and we can debate.
-
Call us when you get a job as a GM in the NFL. Then maybe (or maybe not) you will have some credibility. And then even if you do we can say you don't.
What is your problem? I dont like takitaki so fuck me right? If you disagree with my opinion then study some prospects instead of trivia and we can debate.
What is your problem? I dont like takitaki so fuck me right? If you disagree with my opinion then study some prospects instead of trivia and we can debate.
I appoint John Dorsey as my surrogate for that purpose.
-
Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration
You would have a point - except Deionte has far, far less experience - was on special teams because of better talent starting until his last year, I think.
and Redwine has PLENTY of experience man coverage as both a cb and safety. He can play all over. Redwine is the better pick, imho.
Compare:
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/deionte-thompson
Feet/Change of Direction -Footwork is a bit of a mess in instances which he's dropping down to the LOS. Guilty of hips and a super wide spread in his feet, removing suddenness. Like his angular back-pedals and bail techniques much better to play with control and stay balanced.
Man Coverage Skills -Was not featured in a press or off man role with any consistency. At this juncture, he'd be better served continuing to play as an overhang defender and single high pass defender to help enhance abilities there and add polish.
Versatility -Willing effort as a tackler and in run support, has been buzzed down to the LOS in run help on occasion and can be successful there in the pros. Wouldn't prescribe any man coverage reps or anything where he doesn't have help behind him.
You would have a point - except Deionte has far, far less experience - was on special teams because of better talent starting until his last year, I think.
and Redwine has PLENTY of experience man coverage as both a cb and safety. He can play all over. Redwine is the better pick, imho.
Compare:
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/deionte-thompson
Feet/Change of Direction -Footwork is a bit of a mess in instances which he's dropping down to the LOS. Guilty of hips and a super wide spread in his feet, removing suddenness. Like his angular back-pedals and bail techniques much better to play with control and stay balanced.
Man Coverage Skills -Was not featured in a press or off man role with any consistency. At this juncture, he'd be better served continuing to play as an overhang defender and single high pass defender to help enhance abilities there and add polish.
Versatility -Willing effort as a tackler and in run support, has been buzzed down to the LOS in run help on occasion and can be successful there in the pros. Wouldn't prescribe any man coverage reps or anything where he doesn't have help behind him.
Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb.
So, sluggo, ignore it, but you are just wrong.
-
You would have a point - except Deionte has far, far less experience - was on special teams because of better talent starting until his last year, I think.
and Redwine has PLENTY of experience man coverage as both a cb and safety. He can play all over. Redwine is the better pick, imho.
Compare:
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/deionte-thompson
Feet/Change of Direction -Footwork is a bit of a mess in instances which he's dropping down to the LOS. Guilty of hips and a super wide spread in his feet, removing suddenness. Like his angular back-pedals and bail techniques much better to play with control and stay balanced.
Man Coverage Skills -Was not featured in a press or off man role with any consistency. At this juncture, he'd be better served continuing to play as an overhang defender and single high pass defender to help enhance abilities there and add polish.
Versatility -Willing effort as a tackler and in run support, has been buzzed down to the LOS in run help on occasion and can be successful there in the pros. Wouldn't prescribe any man coverage reps or anything where he doesn't have help behind him.
Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb.
So, sluggo, ignore it, but you are just wrong.
So, sluggo, ignore it, but you are just wrong.
There was a reason Thompson was projected to be a top 10 pick midway through the season. He had a bad half of the season and that hurt him. Thompson could have came in and pushed burnett for snaps at SS. He needs to work on his coverage skills but he showed instincts and the ability to lay the wood in the running game.
Redwine has more versatility and is more athletic, but that doesn't make him a better football player. I dont see him being a starter at safety but maybe he can play some nickle. I dont see anything special on tape
-
I don't need to do that....I have John Dorsey to do it for me. Again....you are just so much more qualified at picking NFL draft picks than John Dorsey.
Idjit.
I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too
I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too
So you are complaining about a reach in your opinion, yet you have no clue where he actually would have went. And you use this logic to make a case you would be better as a gm than most in the league, yet you were making a case in another thread to use 2nd round pick on a guy who went in the 7th?
None of that is to say that it was the right move, but by that then YOU would have been the one with a huge reach
-
I hate when people say that. What qualifies people to draft players? I have consistently called our bust as you said. I do think I am better at picking players than most GMs. I think there are 4 or 5 other people on this board that would do a better job than most GMs too
So you are complaining about a reach in your opinion, yet you have no clue where he actually would have went. And you use this logic to make a case you would be better as a gm than most in the league, yet you were making a case in another thread to use 2nd round pick on a guy who went in the 7th?
None of that is to say that it was the right move, but by that then YOU would have been the one with a huge reach
So you are complaining about a reach in your opinion, yet you have no clue where he actually would have went. And you use this logic to make a case you would be better as a gm than most in the league, yet you were making a case in another thread to use 2nd round pick on a guy who went in the 7th?
None of that is to say that it was the right move, but by that then YOU would have been the one with a huge reach
Not sure who you are talking about, but I had higher grades on UDFAs than Takitaki and Redwine. The only one I made a case for in the middle of the draft was Tiompson who went a round later.
-
So you are complaining about a reach in your opinion, yet you have no clue where he actually would have went. And you use this logic to make a case you would be better as a gm than most in the league, yet you were making a case in another thread to use 2nd round pick on a guy who went in the 7th?
None of that is to say that it was the right move, but by that then YOU would have been the one with a huge reach
Not sure who you are talking about, but I had higher grades on UDFAs than Takitaki and Redwine. The only one I made a case for in the middle of the draft was Tiompson who went a round later.
Not sure who you are talking about, but I had higher grades on UDFAs than Takitaki and Redwine. The only one I made a case for in the middle of the draft was Tiompson who went a round later.
Maybe just maybe, before you act like you are so smart, think about things you have written.
Before Greedy was taken, when someone said "no love for Greedy" this was YOUR response.
He has potential but he is a kind of soft. If we dont land Love Moreland from James Madison is my next target at CB
And Moreland went in the 7th round, thus you would have reached for him. But we can forget that, you are so good at being a GM.
-
Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration
Just awful. Redwine over Dionte Thompson is just dumb. Takitaki over... anybody is dumb. The picks should have been Chauncey Gardener-Johnson and Tre Watson or Khalil Hodge. I'm pretty sure our front office is still drunk off of the OBJ trade celebration
I liked Thompson too, but l’m just a guy with a little internet research under my belt and a half crocked opinion. No worries man. Welcoming committee time. We got fresh blood for our team. Open arms and shit.
-
Not sure who you are talking about, but I had higher grades on UDFAs than Takitaki and Redwine. The only one I made a case for in the middle of the draft was Tiompson who went a round later.
Maybe just maybe, before you act like you are so smart, think about things you have written.
Before Greedy was taken, when someone said "no love for Greedy" this was YOUR response.
He has potential but he is a kind of soft. If we dont land Love Moreland from James Madison is my next target at CB
And Moreland went in the 7th round, thus you would have reached for him. But we can forget that, you are so good at being a GM.
Maybe just maybe, before you act like you are so smart, think about things you have written.
Before Greedy was taken, when someone said "no love for Greedy" this was YOUR response.
He has potential but he is a kind of soft. If we dont land Love Moreland from James Madison is my next target at CB
And Moreland went in the 7th round, thus you would have reached for him. But we can forget that, you are so good at being a GM.
I didn't say what round I just said he would be my next target for that position. I'm not saying I'm smart I'm saying I invested time in watching these guys play and I make comments on what I see. I said Greedy jas potential he is the best turn and run CB in the draft, but doesn't show alot of effort in the ground game. Hopefully Wilks can motivate him.
-
Maybe just maybe, before you act like you are so smart, think about things you have written.
Before Greedy was taken, when someone said "no love for Greedy" this was YOUR response.
He has potential but he is a kind of soft. If we dont land Love Moreland from James Madison is my next target at CB
And Moreland went in the 7th round, thus you would have reached for him. But we can forget that, you are so good at being a GM.
I didn't say what round I just said he would be my next target for that position. I'm not saying I'm smart I'm saying I invested time in watching these guys play and I make comments on what I see. I said Greedy jas potential he is the best turn and run CB in the draft, but doesn't show alot of effort in the ground game. Hopefully Wilks can motivate him.
I didn't say what round I just said he would be my next target for that position. I'm not saying I'm smart I'm saying I invested time in watching these guys play and I make comments on what I see. I said Greedy jas potential he is the best turn and run CB in the draft, but doesn't show alot of effort in the ground game. Hopefully Wilks can motivate him.
I have no issue with you having opinions/assessments on any player. But you will have a hard time to convince anyone you weren't calling for him around the Browns 2nd or 3rd.
You also absolutely did say you were that smart, saying you could do a better job than most GMs.
I am in no way saying that it was a great pick, or not a reach for Takitaki, but you said using a 3rd on a guy who would have been an UDFA, you obviously don't know that. That is only an assumption with no factual evidence, while in the 2nd round you brought up Moreland when there IS factual evidence that he was available in the 7th round.
That isn't to say how any of them will turn out or to rank any of them.
If your determination on being a good gm is that you spent time evaluating them, well then every GM would be GREAT, because I am sure they put in way more time, as that is their job. I have no issue with thinking this or that player will be good, but when you say things, and when questioned about it and double down and lie when its written where anyone can be seen, it hurts your credibility
-
I didn't say what round I just said he would be my next target for that position. I'm not saying I'm smart I'm saying I invested time in watching these guys play and I make comments on what I see. I said Greedy jas potential he is the best turn and run CB in the draft, but doesn't show alot of effort in the ground game. Hopefully Wilks can motivate him.
I have no issue with you having opinions/assessments on any player. But you will have a hard time to convince anyone you weren't calling for him around the Browns 2nd or 3rd.
You also absolutely did say you were that smart, saying you could do a better job than most GMs.
I am in no way saying that it was a great pick, or not a reach for Takitaki, but you said using a 3rd on a guy who would have been an UDFA, you obviously don't know that. That is only an assumption with no factual evidence, while in the 2nd round you brought up Moreland when there IS factual evidence that he was available in the 7th round.
That isn't to say how any of them will turn out or to rank any of them.
If your determination on being a good gm is that you spent time evaluating them, well then every GM would be GREAT, because I am sure they put in way more time, as that is their job. I have no issue with thinking this or that player will be good, but when you say things, and when questioned about it and double down and lie when its written where anyone can be seen, it hurts your credibility
I have no issue with you having opinions/assessments on any player. But you will have a hard time to convince anyone you weren't calling for him around the Browns 2nd or 3rd.
You also absolutely did say you were that smart, saying you could do a better job than most GMs.
I am in no way saying that it was a great pick, or not a reach for Takitaki, but you said using a 3rd on a guy who would have been an UDFA, you obviously don't know that. That is only an assumption with no factual evidence, while in the 2nd round you brought up Moreland when there IS factual evidence that he was available in the 7th round.
That isn't to say how any of them will turn out or to rank any of them.
If your determination on being a good gm is that you spent time evaluating them, well then every GM would be GREAT, because I am sure they put in way more time, as that is their job. I have no issue with thinking this or that player will be good, but when you say things, and when questioned about it and double down and lie when its written where anyone can be seen, it hurts your credibility
I may not have been clear but I didn't lie. I haven't seen a single grade of Moreland higher than the 5th. If you want to ding me I'll give you ammo, I had Tre Watson as a 4th round guy and he went undrafted. I think he is a better player Takitaki.
I'm one of the few that put a hard opinion out there and from what I've seen those guys are better than most gms at picking talent. Look at Gettleman and tell me you couldn't do better.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login