Skip to content

First Guy Is From Tony Soprano's Crew...lol

The Browns Board
13 9 419 1
  • Looks like Cleveland fans used to look like when some of the future failures were picked high. Like the WR from Baylor who was still the same dropping machine he was at Baylor.

  • This was me when they took Manziel. 

  • Well gee Dad, did the fans like the pick?

    Gettleman Jr

  • This was me when they took Manziel. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    This was me when they took Manziel. 

    I was restrained when we took Johnny. But that WAS me when Jim Brown announced, with the X pick in the second round, the Browns select Deshone Kizer QB, Notre Dame. If the monitor wasn't so expensive, I would have thrown something at it.   

    image.gif.b0e54465ae9aa9e6250d92adfa122356.gif

  • Looks like Cleveland fans used to look like when some of the future failures were picked high. Like the WR from Baylor who was still the same dropping machine he was at Baylor.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Looks like Cleveland fans used to look like when some of the future failures were picked high. Like the WR from Baylor who was still the same dropping machine he was at Baylor.

    Or that quarterback from Texas A&M that the Browns didn't know had a drinking problem?  😁 

    Nah, Johnny only makes my top 5. From the previous post- the Kizer pick POed me way worse, and you weren't around here way back when my mantra predraft was- "It's a SIN if we draft Quinn". 

  • The last guy was me when we drafted Brandon Weeden. Slowly turned off the TV and walked away while everybody laughed...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Looks like Cleveland fans used to look like when some of the future failures were picked high. Like the WR from Baylor who was still the same dropping machine he was at Baylor.

    Or that quarterback from Texas A&M that the Browns didn't know had a drinking problem?  😁 

    Nah, Johnny only makes my top 5. From the previous post- the Kizer pick POed me way worse, and you weren't around here way back when my mantra predraft was- "It's a SIN if we draft Quinn". 

    @hoorta said:

    Or that quarterback from Texas A&M that the Browns didn't know had a drinking problem?  😁 

    Nah, Johnny only makes my top 5. From the previous post- the Kizer pick POed me way worse, and you weren't around here way back when my mantra predraft was- "It's a SIN if we draft Quinn". 

    All I can say in retrospect is why would the Browns draft a QB who was drinking beer on TV during the draft running up to his selection? Those are the pros who should have gotten the tipoff right there. Now maybe if it was Bobby Layne, Ken Stabler or Sammy Baugh, but they were old school beer drinking swashbucklers. ?????????

  • @dutch-oven said:

    This was me when they took Manziel. 

    I was restrained when we took Johnny. But that WAS me when Jim Brown announced, with the X pick in the second round, the Browns select Deshone Kizer QB, Notre Dame. If the monitor wasn't so expensive, I would have thrown something at it.   

    image.gif.b0e54465ae9aa9e6250d92adfa122356.gif

    @hoorta said:

    I was restrained when we took Johnny. But that WAS me when Jim Brown announced, with the X pick in the second round, the Browns select Deshone Kizer QB, Notre Dame. If the monitor wasn't so expensive, I would have thrown something at it.   

    image.gif.b0e54465ae9aa9e6250d92adfa122356.gif

    I'm with ya.. Kizer was the QB I wanted the least in that draft.. He is who I thought he was... Complete GARBAGE..

  • The guys I was watching the Draft with back in '14 were joking about our "luck" with taking QBs at #22, with Weeden and Quinn... When it was announced that the Cowboys had traded away the #22 pick to the Browns (who were at #26), I broke into a cold sweat and just uttered:
     

    "Oh fuck." 

    I knew the Browns were on the precipice of something epically stupid, even for them. 

  • The last guy was me when we drafted Brandon Weeden. Slowly turned off the TV and walked away while everybody laughed...

    @hx214 said:

    The last guy was me when we drafted Brandon Weeden. Slowly turned off the TV and walked away while everybody laughed...

    I was watching this draft at a restaurant and everyone knew how I hated Brandon Weeden. And when the Browns took him I wanted to flip something. 

  • The last guy was me when we drafted Brandon Weeden. Slowly turned off the TV and walked away while everybody laughed...

    @hx214 said:

    The last guy was me when we drafted Brandon Weeden. Slowly turned off the TV and walked away while everybody laughed...

    LOL 

  • Well I didn't do what any of these guys did, but with Corbett last year and Takitaki this year I had my "WTF are they taking him here for" moments. Both could have easily been taken far later IMO, but then we shall see how they pan out. I had that same conclusive thought when we took the Kaiser where we did. "WTF, why here? Why this early for questionable talent?"

    On the other hand when we finally took Mack Wilson it was like, "Well at least they are familiar with value picks." Mack Wilson will be out on the field wanting to kill anything that moves toward the LOS. He mad!!