Game of Thrones Final Season
-
I've rarely been satisfied with the way a series ends (Sporanos, the Americans, etc.).
-
-
Hilarious!
-
So....now what?
-
-
Didn't care for the series ending. I won't go into detail because I know some haven't finished it yet.
-
I am not complaining about the way it ended.
SPOILER ALERTS: Do not read further if you do not want the way the story ended to be revealed at this time.
I assumed it possible that Danaerys would bite it because she went Mad Queen there at the end. It was just a question of who would do it...and what would happen to them.
Jon Snow ending up in the north above the wall seemed right....as that had been his natural habitat for much of the show.
Because of the distrust that Sansa had for Danaerys, it was always possible that she would want the North to be on its own, and that happened.
Arya going off on some unknown adventure also seemed logical. She was not ever going to be "a lady of Westeros"...she said so all along.
Tyrion becoming the Hand of the King....also logical. It was a job best suited for him, and it for him.
It was logical for the Dothraki and the Unsullied to go back to Essos once Dany was dead, and not be queen. Their purpose in Westeros had been served.
Brienne becoming the Leader of the King's Guard: again, logical given her talents as a warrior/knight. Podrick becoming a Kingsguard, also perfectly logical.
Sir Davos serving on the King's Council.....a no brainer.
Bron's appointment to the King's Council as the "Master of Coin"....a bit of a surprise, though it is not surprising that he felt that the first order of business should be to get the Brothels of King's Landing up and running again.
Of course the big surprise was that Brandon was named King. That is probably the thing that people are most complaining about. I suspect they thought there would be some big battle royale between Jon Snow and Dany. But if you learned anything from these years of watching GOT...it was to expect the unexpected. Though, apparently, to the Broken Boy who can see the past, present, and apparently the future....it was of no surprise to him. "Why do you think he came all that way"?
Certainly there are other issues that you can ask questions about:
How did Samwell become the Chief Maester...when he had apparently abandoned the idea of becoming a Maester?
Will Drogon be gone for good as the last remaining Dragon in that world?
Why is The Wall and the Night's Watch necessary since the White Walkers are gone and peace has essentially been make with the Wildings?
And, by the way....one question never really answered: What WAS the name of the planet that this story all took place in? They never said. (and I don't think it is in the books). And no one ever really questioned, as I recall, whether or not they lived on a Sphere though I guess in something I read there was some indication that sometime in history someone had sailed to the West of Westeros...and ended up in the east of Essos.
So, no, you just missed out on a great tale of our times for not watching....though...if you want, you can go watch the whole thing on DVD. I kind of did that with Breaking Bad. I did not watch it when it came out, but binge watched the first 4 seasons, and then only watched the final season as it was currently shown.
-
I've rarely been satisfied with the way a series ends (Sporanos, the Americans, etc.).
I've rarely been satisfied with the way a series ends (Sporanos, the Americans, etc.).
How about the Big Bang Theory? Its long run ended this week as well.
-
I've rarely been satisfied with the way a series ends (Sporanos, the Americans, etc.).
How about the Big Bang Theory? Its long run ended this week as well.
How about the Big Bang Theory? Its long run ended this week as well.
Never watched that particular show. Killing Eve on BBC is pretty good.
-
How about the Big Bang Theory? Its long run ended this week as well.
Never watched that particular show. Killing Eve on BBC is pretty good.
Never watched that particular show. Killing Eve on BBC is pretty good.
Never heard of it.
-
You all could had written the show much more better than the actual writers itself. Heard it felt also very rushed.
-
You all could had written the show much more better than the actual writers itself. Heard it felt also very rushed.
You all could had written the show much more better than the actual writers itself. Heard it felt also very rushed.
What do you mean you "heard". Did you not see it?
I guess the reason it seemed rushed...to me, having seen it, is that they "dealt with" the two major conflicts...the war with the White Walkers, and the War against Cersei in the course of just three episodes. They didn't really have all the internecine maneuverings between those two major battles the way they have done so in other seasons. It did kind of seem like they just wanted to "get it over with".
-
Okay. So last week I backed up to season 7 and watched it again before we binged the final season. Watching one or two episodes per day.
I had quite a few predictions that did not come true. Some of them I'd have written into the script had I been one of the writers.
I'm assuming these guys aren't all that tied to the rules of classic theater especially what's known as the tragic flaw. That means a character who is committed an evil act must die at the end regardless of redemption. I assumed Cersei Lannister was going to die but I gave Jamie a 50/50 chance. I thought the tragic flaw would certainly take Tyrion down because he killed his father. I did not expect Daenerys to show her true Targaryen colors but she did and had to go. I had Arya Stark doing that deed about 55/45. I would have written the White Walker Dragon seen differently. I'd of had the night King order it to burn Daenerys but the little tiny bit of dragon Humanity inside the undead creature would shine through and it would not be able to do it.
I did not expect to Jon Snow to take the black but actually that's where he was in his element and he seemed happy to be there. Actually I would have guessed he remained King of the North but... he could have wound up on the iron throne and appointed Brianne as Warden of the North oh, maybe 35 / 65. But I did like the idea that the dragon destroyed the iron throne for all time.
I have never thought the character of brand the broken was strong enough character but apparently they did.
My major disappointment with the ending it's not for any particular plot device but the fact that it's over and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the series.
WSS
-
I might be the only person to not watch the show
But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that
-
I might be the only person to not watch the show
But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that
I might be the only person to not watch the show
But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that
Well aren't you special!
?
WSS
-
I might be the only person to not watch the show
But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that
Well aren't you special!
?
WSS
Well aren't you special!
?
WSS
Yes I am
-
I might be the only person to not watch the show
But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that
I might be the only person to not watch the show
But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that
You can likely get the DVDs of the first 7 seasons at your local library. You can then watch it all for free.. That is basically what I did for like the first 5 seasons. And when the final season comes out on DVD you can then watch that for free.
-
I might be the only person to not watch the show
But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that
You can likely get the DVDs of the first 7 seasons at your local library. You can then watch it all for free.. That is basically what I did for like the first 5 seasons. And when the final season comes out on DVD you can then watch that for free.
You can likely get the DVDs of the first 7 seasons at your local library. You can then watch it all for free.. That is basically what I did for like the first 5 seasons. And when the final season comes out on DVD you can then watch that for free.
Seems like a lot of work for something I’m not interested in
-
You can likely get the DVDs of the first 7 seasons at your local library. You can then watch it all for free.. That is basically what I did for like the first 5 seasons. And when the final season comes out on DVD you can then watch that for free.
Seems like a lot of work for something I’m not interested in
Seems like a lot of work for something I’m not interested in
You talked about wanting them for free so if that’s the case you’re going to have to do a little extra work besides just hitting a few buttons on your remote.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
