Skip to content

Game of Thrones Final Season

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
38 7 1.3k
  • You all could had written the show much more better than the actual writers itself. Heard it felt also very rushed.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @jppt1974 said:

    You all could had written the show much more better than the actual writers itself. Heard it felt also very rushed.

    What do you mean you "heard".  Did you not see it? 

    I guess the reason it seemed rushed...to me, having seen it, is that they "dealt with" the two major conflicts...the war with the White Walkers, and the War against Cersei in the course of just three episodes.  They didn't really have all the internecine maneuverings between those two major battles the way they have done so in other seasons.  It did kind of seem like they just wanted to "get it over with".

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Okay. So last week I backed up to season 7 and watched it again before we binged the final season. Watching one or two episodes per day. 

    I had quite a few predictions that did not come true. Some of them I'd have written into the script had I been one of the writers.

    I'm assuming these guys aren't all that tied to the rules of classic theater especially what's known as the tragic flaw. That means a character who is committed an evil act must die at the end regardless of redemption. I assumed Cersei Lannister was going to die but I gave Jamie a 50/50 chance. I thought the tragic flaw would certainly take Tyrion down because he killed his father. I did not expect Daenerys to show her true Targaryen colors but she did and had to go. I had Arya Stark doing that deed about 55/45. I would have written the White Walker Dragon seen differently. I'd of had the night King order it to burn Daenerys but the little tiny bit of dragon Humanity inside the undead creature would shine through and it would not be able to do it.

    I did not expect to Jon Snow to take the black but actually that's where he was in his element and he seemed happy to be there. Actually I would have guessed he remained King of the North but... he could have wound up on the iron throne and appointed Brianne as Warden of the North oh, maybe 35 / 65. But I did like the idea that the dragon destroyed the iron throne for all time.

    I have never thought the character of brand the broken was strong enough character but apparently they did.

    My major disappointment with the ending it's not for any particular plot device but the fact that it's over and I thoroughly enjoyed watching the series. 

    WSS

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    I might be the only person to not watch the show

    But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that

  • I might be the only person to not watch the show

    But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @browns149 said:

    I might be the only person to not watch the show

    But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that

    Well aren't you special!

    ?

    WSS

  • @browns149 said:

    I might be the only person to not watch the show

    But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that

    Well aren't you special!

    ?

    WSS

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    @westside-steve said:

    Well aren't you special!

    ?

    WSS

    Yes I am

  • I might be the only person to not watch the show

    But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @browns149 said:

    I might be the only person to not watch the show

    But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that

    You can likely get the DVDs of the first 7 seasons at your local library. You can then watch it all for free.. That is basically what I did for like the first 5 seasons.  And when the final season comes out on DVD you can then watch that for free.

  • @browns149 said:

    I might be the only person to not watch the show

    But then again i don’t pay for TV. So there’s that

    You can likely get the DVDs of the first 7 seasons at your local library. You can then watch it all for free.. That is basically what I did for like the first 5 seasons.  And when the final season comes out on DVD you can then watch that for free.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @the-gipper said:

    You can likely get the DVDs of the first 7 seasons at your local library. You can then watch it all for free.. That is basically what I did for like the first 5 seasons.  And when the final season comes out on DVD you can then watch that for free.

    Seems like a lot of work for something I’m not interested in

  • @the-gipper said:

    You can likely get the DVDs of the first 7 seasons at your local library. You can then watch it all for free.. That is basically what I did for like the first 5 seasons.  And when the final season comes out on DVD you can then watch that for free.

    Seems like a lot of work for something I’m not interested in

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @browns149 said:

    Seems like a lot of work for something I’m not interested in

    You talked about wanting them for free so if that’s the case you’re going to have to do a little extra work besides just hitting a few buttons on your remote. 

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #36

    I hadn't seen any of  GOT until a couple nights ago.. I watched the first episode.. Wasn't bad 😉

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #37

    Sorry Gip, I just don't have the time or interest to binge watch this thing at this point in time so I'm chipping away at it.. I'm 2/3 of the way thru episode two. I know that's ancient history for you but it's brand new to me.. Not bad so far, maybe I'm not far enough in...  It has occurred to me however that this is LOR and Spartacus thrown into a blender thus far.. The scenery is kickass tho ?

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by DieHardBrownsFan
    #38

    It's basically english medieval with fantasy thrown in.