Skip to content

Deadwood the HBO movie

Westside Steve's Movie Reviews
5 4 226
  • So Deadwood  the HBO series was unexpectedly cut off without warning over 10 years ago.  I thought it was a great, realistic view of the old west.  Well, HBO did a movie to kind of put an end to the series.  I watched it today on HBO on demand and thought it was quite well made.  All the original series actors were in it, although looking quite a bit older as they should.  It was actually a pretty good ending I thought.  Check it out if you like it.

  • I watched it and enjoyed it despite never having seen the show. I guess it would have been better if I did, but they did a good enough job getting the points across. 

  • I didn't like the show all that well but that was in the days before I had a DVR and could actually binge a series, Plus like you said they pulled the plug right out of nowhere. No idea if all the cussing was authentic or just because they were HBO and could say anything they wanted.

    WSS

  • I didn't like the show all that well but that was in the days before I had a DVR and could actually binge a series, Plus like you said they pulled the plug right out of nowhere. No idea if all the cussing was authentic or just because they were HBO and could say anything they wanted.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    I didn't like the show all that well but that was in the days before I had a DVR and could actually binge a series, Plus like you said they pulled the plug right out of nowhere. No idea if all the cussing was authentic or just because they were HBO and could say anything they wanted.

    WSS

    Fuck them cocksuckers.

  • For the most part, HBO does a really good job creating series shows, especially the mini-series ones. I still watch "Band of Brothers" around this time of year every year.