Skip to content

is TE our weakest

The Browns Board
54 22 1.7k 1
  • @gumby73 said:

    anybody think Belicheck will give up anything in value for Seth? We paid a 4th and his deal is up in 2020..Pats have no starting TE's till Ben Watson returns in week 5(whine? )..Seth was raised in Connecticut.. 

    Who knows Gumbs...   Belicheck may give us an old ping pong table in storage or some late 7th round pick he doesn't need in exchange for the peak-a-boo-boo career DeValve has continued to offer.   Cajuste was the same guy.  The only difference was he suited up and tried to play though injuries during training camp only to be told his slight improvement in blocking the last week or so was too little too late. 

    I don't know if you remember this cup of coffee career - but we had a TE named Evan Moore out of Stanford. He got injured so frequently that 1 guy used to call him Evan Moorecelain.   Like Cameron, Cajuste and DeValve, I believe Moore was also a WR in college.   During a very short period of time here Moore proved he had great hands and could get open so our FO gave him a raise.  Unfortunately, he had an inventory of head injuries to the extent he'd get concussions when his head wasn't any part of the collision. During the preseason of the year he had his raise, he had 1 or 2 concussions that prevented him from starting and participating in very many regular season games for us that year.  Even Jordan Cameron had trouble staying healthy once he became a starter.  After starting 14 games and earning a Pro Bowl honor in 2013, he only started 9 games in 2014.  Then he went to Miami and started all 16 games the only season of a 6 year career (2015) only to start just 3 times in 2016.  In all, he only started more than 9 games twice in 6 years.

    None of these guys remind of the 1977 SEC Lineman of the Year (Ozzie Newsome) according to the Atlanta TD Club and the Birmingham QB Club. Some Magazines and Publications have called Ozzie a WR in college but his HOF Coach Bear Bryant called him an "End" in his wishbone offense; and always praised his blocking skills first.  It's probably why he put him over Don Hutson as the best "End" to ever play at Alabama.  In some of the college offenses today - these guys with Tweener frames aren't being trained for dual purpose at all.  As we've witnessed frequently, it's not just the mental/cognitive transition these guys struggle with. It's often the physical transition that overhelms these guys.  When you think about it, even the dual purpose gems like the Gronks and Bavaros got beat-up so you can only imagine what the workload does to lighter guys (bulking up into a new niche) that weren't born to play the position... Maybe the biggest reason Gronk worked was because the last time he had a checkup from the neck-up in high school - the head specialist summarized the diagnostic as "we couldn't find anything."   Hearsay gone viral in Western NY said Gronk's dad complained "I had to pay a ridiculous Co-Pay to hear my son doesn't have a brain?  I've been saying that for years and didn't get a penny!"

    Sorry for ramblin on Gumbs. 

    @flugel said:

    Sorry for ramblin on Gumbs. 

    Ramblin? I was just hoping all the other threads besides Personal Conduct was still working😉.(ha! Schoolie,Man-hell & Gordo..Oh My!!). I have been a huge fan of all the TE draft classes going way back..Gronk may have been my brainless favorite also.. I think the TE position has caught a injury curse since the redskins, Jordan Reed to the Browns Jordan Cameron started getting banged & it won't let go..Darren Fells, Ben Watson, Kyle Rudolph, Zach Ertz,Jessie James, Brent Celek & after a year in booth, Jason Witten may have the cleanest bill of health? Delanie Walker,Charles Clay & Jimmy Graham may not have to many game hits left? What's been sad, is the young Todd Heap classes of Eifert,Heuerman,Jake Butt,Hunter Henry,Nick Vannett,Maxx Williams & Austin Hooper draft classes just can't stay on the field 🙁(seems DeValve'ish)..also, seems like the survivors at this point at TE are a.) Eric Ebron just needed some Andrew Luck..b) Kittle at the 49'ers with Brent Celek c) OJ Howard & Tyler Brate at TB...Bonus thought*...am not sure what the Ravens are thinking of doing with the QB from Penn St Chase McSorley? but, I luv watching me some former BYU QB Taysom Hill at the Saints 😍.. Tayson was 6'2" and a ripped 235 pounds coming out of BYU..McSorley can't be that? we shall see? he's gut-zie crazy enough.. 

  • @flugel said:

    Sorry for ramblin on Gumbs. 

    Ramblin? I was just hoping all the other threads besides Personal Conduct was still working😉.(ha! Schoolie,Man-hell & Gordo..Oh My!!). I have been a huge fan of all the TE draft classes going way back..Gronk may have been my brainless favorite also.. I think the TE position has caught a injury curse since the redskins, Jordan Reed to the Browns Jordan Cameron started getting banged & it won't let go..Darren Fells, Ben Watson, Kyle Rudolph, Zach Ertz,Jessie James, Brent Celek & after a year in booth, Jason Witten may have the cleanest bill of health? Delanie Walker,Charles Clay & Jimmy Graham may not have to many game hits left? What's been sad, is the young Todd Heap classes of Eifert,Heuerman,Jake Butt,Hunter Henry,Nick Vannett,Maxx Williams & Austin Hooper draft classes just can't stay on the field 🙁(seems DeValve'ish)..also, seems like the survivors at this point at TE are a.) Eric Ebron just needed some Andrew Luck..b) Kittle at the 49'ers with Brent Celek c) OJ Howard & Tyler Brate at TB...Bonus thought*...am not sure what the Ravens are thinking of doing with the QB from Penn St Chase McSorley? but, I luv watching me some former BYU QB Taysom Hill at the Saints 😍.. Tayson was 6'2" and a ripped 235 pounds coming out of BYU..McSorley can't be that? we shall see? he's gut-zie crazy enough.. 

    @gumby73 said:

    let go..Darren Fells, Ben Watson

    I've never understood why we let Ben Watson go, all those years ago.  A GOOD TE and a good person.

    ...and I liked Darren Fells.  A good blocker, caught it when it was thrown at him, and he was a good mentor to Baker.  Like the time Baker got blasted trying to get to the sideline.....Fells went up to him on the sidelines, grabbed his head and said, "Please don't get hurt.  We need you."  And Baker responded, "Yes sir."  

    We let Fells go and replaced him with Demetrius Harris., who has the same skill set.  (it's hard to question Dorsey however)

  • @flugel said:

    Sorry for ramblin on Gumbs. 

    Ramblin? I was just hoping all the other threads besides Personal Conduct was still working😉.(ha! Schoolie,Man-hell & Gordo..Oh My!!). I have been a huge fan of all the TE draft classes going way back..Gronk may have been my brainless favorite also.. I think the TE position has caught a injury curse since the redskins, Jordan Reed to the Browns Jordan Cameron started getting banged & it won't let go..Darren Fells, Ben Watson, Kyle Rudolph, Zach Ertz,Jessie James, Brent Celek & after a year in booth, Jason Witten may have the cleanest bill of health? Delanie Walker,Charles Clay & Jimmy Graham may not have to many game hits left? What's been sad, is the young Todd Heap classes of Eifert,Heuerman,Jake Butt,Hunter Henry,Nick Vannett,Maxx Williams & Austin Hooper draft classes just can't stay on the field 🙁(seems DeValve'ish)..also, seems like the survivors at this point at TE are a.) Eric Ebron just needed some Andrew Luck..b) Kittle at the 49'ers with Brent Celek c) OJ Howard & Tyler Brate at TB...Bonus thought*...am not sure what the Ravens are thinking of doing with the QB from Penn St Chase McSorley? but, I luv watching me some former BYU QB Taysom Hill at the Saints 😍.. Tayson was 6'2" and a ripped 235 pounds coming out of BYU..McSorley can't be that? we shall see? he's gut-zie crazy enough.. 

    @gumby73 said:

    I was just hoping all the other threads besides Personal Conduct was still working😉.

    I hear ya...

    Most eagerly anticipated season in decades is just around the corner, yet there seems to be a lot less to talk about than years past.

  • @gumby73 said:

    I was just hoping all the other threads besides Personal Conduct was still working😉.

    I hear ya...

    Most eagerly anticipated season in decades is just around the corner, yet there seems to be a lot less to talk about than years past.

    @tour2ma said:

    Most eagerly anticipated season in decades is just around the corner, yet there seems to be a lot less to talk about than years past.

    2q1.gif      7BZB.gif        BEWARE OF DAWG CHECKS WALKING IN or OUT OF GAMEDAY TAVERN..if ya get any ?  poo on your shoes? wipe your paws ?  cause to some, Th"WE"y, will still stink .. 🥷   Am logging in as Don Shula till all HeL* L* breaks loose ..Should we send Marko in to disinfect the place? ? No wonder all of Cali takes the summer off ?     

  • @gumby73 said:

    I was just hoping all the other threads besides Personal Conduct was still working😉.

    I hear ya...

    Most eagerly anticipated season in decades is just around the corner, yet there seems to be a lot less to talk about than years past.

    @tour2ma said:

    I hear ya...

    Most eagerly anticipated season in decades is just around the corner, yet there seems to be a lot less to talk about than years past.

    I guess I will have to post a trivia thread.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I hear ya...

    Most eagerly anticipated season in decades is just around the corner, yet there seems to be a lot less to talk about than years past.

    I guess I will have to post a trivia thread.

    @the-gipper said:

    I guess I will have to post a trivia thread.

    Yeah, that will solve it. 

    Were screwed... 😁

  • @gumby73 said:

    I was just hoping all the other threads besides Personal Conduct was still working😉.

    I hear ya...

    Most eagerly anticipated season in decades is just around the corner, yet there seems to be a lot less to talk about than years past.

    @tour2ma said:

    I hear ya...

    Most eagerly anticipated season in decades is just around the corner, yet there seems to be a lot less to talk about than years past.

    I'm checking sometimes the website only to see that there are no news. This is the substance abuse-domestic violence season so no news is good news. 

    Probably most of us will come back and join the combo when Preseason starts.

    I hope you all are doing fine 😉

  • @the-gipper said:

    I guess I will have to post a trivia thread.

    Yeah, that will solve it. 

    Were screwed... 😁

    @nero said:

    Yeah, that will solve it. 

    Were screwed... 😁

    I'll start..The first road game, I really want to go see is at The Ravens..As soon as I looked to the wife & said "September 29th" a volt of lightning struck me saying "hey that's on your wedding anniversary" 😮  The wife comes back with "It's ok , you & Michael (her denver bronco fan son) can* go"...am like damm', ? i know am putting a wildcard in her deck of cards to play anytime... do i risk 1 of the marriage poker chip's if I go and do this? 

  • OK it's another boring off day before the start of summer camp for little ole Myles Garrett. Those are 40 lb. weights in each hand, not 50 as reported. But still!!!!!