Rumor Hunt was in a bar fight....
-
The "so he isn't allowed to have fun like every other adult?" argument is the same one we got from JFF apologists while he was partying in Vegas and all points west. No, he can do whatever the fuck he wants---it's just that he has a suspect history and he's willingly putting himself in positions where bad things can happen. Sure, you have every right to go to a bar like any other free man in America. If memory serves me correctly, Hunt wasn't charged in any of the previous incidents but the NFL broke it off in his ass, anyways. Dorsey has already told him he's on a zero-tolerance policy and he's at bars putting himself in situations where the police are being called. It's fucking stupid.
-
Hell is actually an Old Norse invention I suggest that you would never find that concept in the Old or New Testament
Haven't read much of it huh? Not the forum for a religious arguement.
-
There's not a chance in hell he did anything wrong.
Don't you guys remember he was just baptized back in May with Dorsey and Freddie? Jesus is Hunt's homeboy.
Yes, but too much booze can put your religion on the back burner.
-
I know but I do think I’m right about hell not been mentioned. That actual word did come from the Norse.
In the King James Bible, Sheol (old testament) is translated to Hell 31 times, "the grave" 31 times, and "the pit" 3 times. In new testament "Tartarus" (deepest pit of divine torture below hades) and "Gehenna" (a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire") are typically translated as either "Hell" or "Hell fire" in many English versions.
-
I know but I do think I’m right about hell not been mentioned. That actual word did come from the Norse.
In the King James Bible, Sheol (old testament) is translated to Hell 31 times, "the grave" 31 times, and "the pit" 3 times. In new testament "Tartarus" (deepest pit of divine torture below hades) and "Gehenna" (a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire") are typically translated as either "Hell" or "Hell fire" in many English versions.
In the King James Bible, Sheol (old testament) is translated to Hell 31 times, "the grave" 31 times, and "the pit" 3 times. In new testament "Tartarus" (deepest pit of divine torture below hades) and "Gehenna" (a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire") are typically translated as either "Hell" or "Hell fire" in many English versions.
You hear about the Aggie who found out he was going to hell when he died according to his preacher? So he decided he'd be cremated so it wouldn't hurt so much.?
-
I know but I do think I’m right about hell not been mentioned. That actual word did come from the Norse.
In the King James Bible, Sheol (old testament) is translated to Hell 31 times, "the grave" 31 times, and "the pit" 3 times. In new testament "Tartarus" (deepest pit of divine torture below hades) and "Gehenna" (a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire") are typically translated as either "Hell" or "Hell fire" in many English versions.
In the King James Bible, Sheol (old testament) is translated to Hell 31 times, "the grave" 31 times, and "the pit" 3 times. In new testament "Tartarus" (deepest pit of divine torture below hades) and "Gehenna" (a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire") are typically translated as either "Hell" or "Hell fire" in many English versions.
While we are talking about fiction books, how many times is hell mentioned in the Lord of the Rings, The Godfather and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? ?
-
Dorsey may not cut him but it’s a huge red flag. This is a guy who has self admitted alcohol and anger issues. An “argument” at a bar certainly isn’t an in line with his counseling direction.
So I guess people should clam up and not live life.. I mean your all "Oh so perfect, Law abiding Christians, Aren't you?"
-
-
I know but I do think I’m right about hell not been mentioned. That actual word did come from the Norse.
In the King James Bible, Sheol (old testament) is translated to Hell 31 times, "the grave" 31 times, and "the pit" 3 times. In new testament "Tartarus" (deepest pit of divine torture below hades) and "Gehenna" (a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire") are typically translated as either "Hell" or "Hell fire" in many English versions.
In the King James Bible, Sheol (old testament) is translated to Hell 31 times, "the grave" 31 times, and "the pit" 3 times. In new testament "Tartarus" (deepest pit of divine torture below hades) and "Gehenna" (a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire") are typically translated as either "Hell" or "Hell fire" in many English versions.
thanks for saving me the trouble of looking that up..... Jesus specifically mentioned Ghenna at least once.
And it was a place, so misbehave, and you're going to get thrown into a continually burning garbage pit.
While we are talking about fiction books, how many times is hell mentioned in the Lord of the Rings, The Godfather and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy? ?
You're talking to a Lord of the Rings geek. I did recently find out Tolkien was a Catholic. Hell is never mentioned in LOTR- though you sure can take Sauron as being "the devil". Go back even farther in Tolkien's mythology to the Silmarillion, it's obvious Sauron's boss- Morgoth = Lucifer.
-
i understand duke wanting to go where he's not the "contingency plan". Hard to.understand why browns fans are salty at him. I mean if kareem fucks up we're expecting duke to come bounding in one week all tits up after getting "quality" reps in with the berea landscapers and cleaning crew?
i understand duke wanting to go where he's not the "contingency plan". Hard to.understand why browns fans are salty at him. I mean if kareem fucks up we're expecting duke to come bounding in one week all tits up after getting "quality" reps in with the berea landscapers and cleaning crew?
And exactly where is that place after Duke was shopped at the combines, NFL meetings as well as before and all throughout the draft? The entire RB market replied with - we don't think Duke is worthy of trading an active roster guy or draft picks for at the salary Cleveland overpaid him to be anything less than #1.
IMO, Duke is confusing the love he needs with the love he wants. The love he needs is in the place that made him the 9th highest paid RB (in 2018) of 32 teams that employ at least 3 RBs apiece. When you think about it - did anyone challenge Duke's comfortable niche of change of pace and situational reps as well as first dibs on injury fill-in reps all throughout 1-31 football? No; and we never got better for it. In 2018, the sum of Hyde and Chubb temporarily reduced Duke's reps prior to the mid-season trade of Hyde to Jax. That said, all 3 RBs had reps reduced prior to the trade and restoration of Duke's very comfortable niche.
Now that we're seeing way more depth and talent at the RB and WR positions around the most promising QB we've had since Kosar, you better believe fans are going to be disappointed in Duke for the route he continues to choose in a year this franchise has high expectations. Bigger picture shows Duke has his comfortable niche uncontested again for at least the first 8 regular season games of 2019. Duke's level of protest should be red-flagging an already disinterested market - that this is how the guy responds to the first big challenges a better football team demands of him after they gave him a huge raise. He's being asked to compete for playing time just like the rest of his teammates. How is his employer getting this wrong?
-
I know but I do think I’m right about hell not been mentioned. That actual word did come from the Norse.
In the King James Bible, Sheol (old testament) is translated to Hell 31 times, "the grave" 31 times, and "the pit" 3 times. In new testament "Tartarus" (deepest pit of divine torture below hades) and "Gehenna" (a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire") are typically translated as either "Hell" or "Hell fire" in many English versions.
In the King James Bible, Sheol (old testament) is translated to Hell 31 times, "the grave" 31 times, and "the pit" 3 times. In new testament "Tartarus" (deepest pit of divine torture below hades) and "Gehenna" (a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire") are typically translated as either "Hell" or "Hell fire" in many English versions.
Well....a few things: A. You are still saying that "Hell" is never mentioned. B. I am not saying the concept of some underworld is not in the Bible, just that "Hell" is not what that place is called. C. You must know that the Jews do NOT believe in the concept of Hell. D. The King James Bible was printed/translated...whatever, long after the Danes and Norse had invaded England in the late 800s....and brought the concept of hell with them.
And OK, sorry about this being here..
-
In the King James Bible, Sheol (old testament) is translated to Hell 31 times, "the grave" 31 times, and "the pit" 3 times. In new testament "Tartarus" (deepest pit of divine torture below hades) and "Gehenna" (a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire") are typically translated as either "Hell" or "Hell fire" in many English versions.
Well....a few things: A. You are still saying that "Hell" is never mentioned. B. I am not saying the concept of some underworld is not in the Bible, just that "Hell" is not what that place is called. C. You must know that the Jews do NOT believe in the concept of Hell. D. The King James Bible was printed/translated...whatever, long after the Danes and Norse had invaded England in the late 800s....and brought the concept of hell with them.
And OK, sorry about this being here..
Well....a few things: A. You are still saying that "Hell" is never mentioned. B. I am not saying the concept of some underworld is not in the Bible, just that "Hell" is not what that place is called. C. You must know that the Jews do NOT believe in the concept of Hell. D. The King James Bible was printed/translated...whatever, long after the Danes and Norse had invaded England in the late 800s....and brought the concept of hell with them.
And OK, sorry about this being here..
If you said you would never find the exact word "hell" in the old testament or new testament then you'd have been correct. You stated you wouldn't find the concept (abstract idea or general notion). Pretty clearly gehenna, a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire", is a concept of hell found in the new testament.
-
Well....a few things: A. You are still saying that "Hell" is never mentioned. B. I am not saying the concept of some underworld is not in the Bible, just that "Hell" is not what that place is called. C. You must know that the Jews do NOT believe in the concept of Hell. D. The King James Bible was printed/translated...whatever, long after the Danes and Norse had invaded England in the late 800s....and brought the concept of hell with them.
And OK, sorry about this being here..
If you said you would never find the exact word "hell" in the old testament or new testament then you'd have been correct. You stated you wouldn't find the concept (abstract idea or general notion). Pretty clearly gehenna, a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire", is a concept of hell found in the new testament.
If you said you would never find the exact word "hell" in the old testament or new testament then you'd have been correct. You stated you wouldn't find the concept (abstract idea or general notion). Pretty clearly gehenna, a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire", is a concept of hell found in the new testament.
Spinning on technicalities, as he usually does when he's wrong. He needs to look up Luke 16:19 and the verses that follow. If that isn't hell, I don't know what is.
-
If you said you would never find the exact word "hell" in the old testament or new testament then you'd have been correct. You stated you wouldn't find the concept (abstract idea or general notion). Pretty clearly gehenna, a place where both soul and body could be destroyed in "unquenchable fire", is a concept of hell found in the new testament.
Spinning on technicalities, as he usually does when he's wrong. He needs to look up Luke 16:19 and the verses that follow. If that isn't hell, I don't know what is.
Spinning on technicalities, as he usually does when he's wrong. He needs to look up Luke 16:19 and the verses that follow. If that isn't hell, I don't know what is.
So maybe I was wrong is that make you happy now. Hell was still an Old Norse concept. And Answer me this why I knew the Jews not believe in hell
-
Spinning on technicalities, as he usually does when he's wrong. He needs to look up Luke 16:19 and the verses that follow. If that isn't hell, I don't know what is.
So maybe I was wrong is that make you happy now. Hell was still an Old Norse concept. And Answer me this why I knew the Jews not believe in hell
So maybe I was wrong is that make you happy now. Hell was still an Old Norse concept. And Answer me this why I knew the Jews not believe in hell
I won't disagree that hell could be a a Norse concept- I'm not great on Norse mythology, other than knowing a lot of their names. Odin, Thor et al. and some of our days of the week come from them- Wednesday (Woden), Friday (Friga).
Our Jewish friends don't believe in hell as we understand it, more like our Purgatory.
Some of Jesus' contemporaries (The Sadducees) didn't even believe in an afterlife. Our atheist pals over on the political forum had better hope they were right.
-
So maybe I was wrong is that make you happy now. Hell was still an Old Norse concept. And Answer me this why I knew the Jews not believe in hell
I won't disagree that hell could be a a Norse concept- I'm not great on Norse mythology, other than knowing a lot of their names. Odin, Thor et al. and some of our days of the week come from them- Wednesday (Woden), Friday (Friga).
Our Jewish friends don't believe in hell as we understand it, more like our Purgatory.
Some of Jesus' contemporaries (The Sadducees) didn't even believe in an afterlife. Our atheist pals over on the political forum had better hope they were right.
Our atheist pals over on the political forum had better hope they were right.
This atheist who avoids the wasteland of the political forum like the plague is smart enough not to extorted into believing in the imaginary mob boss in the sky. I'm Italian, I'm versed in the whole "protection" racket already.
And I don't believe there's any mention of Purgatory in the Old or New Testament. I always was under the impression that Purgatory was a Catholic invention to try and squeeze more money out of their flock by hinting that giving more money to them might persuade Jesus's dad into moving them from Purgatory to Heaven.
This is a strangely interesting conversation, by the way. Not Browns-related at all, but still interesting. Nothing wrong with that.
-
So maybe I was wrong is that make you happy now. Hell was still an Old Norse concept. And Answer me this why I knew the Jews not believe in hell
I won't disagree that hell could be a a Norse concept- I'm not great on Norse mythology, other than knowing a lot of their names. Odin, Thor et al. and some of our days of the week come from them- Wednesday (Woden), Friday (Friga).
Our Jewish friends don't believe in hell as we understand it, more like our Purgatory.
Some of Jesus' contemporaries (The Sadducees) didn't even believe in an afterlife. Our atheist pals over on the political forum had better hope they were right.
I won't disagree that hell could be a a Norse concept- I'm not great on Norse mythology, other than knowing a lot of their names. Odin, Thor et al. and some of our days of the week come from them- Wednesday (Woden), Friday (Friga).
Our Jewish friends don't believe in hell as we understand it, more like our Purgatory.
Some of Jesus' contemporaries (The Sadducees) didn't even believe in an afterlife. Our atheist pals over on the political forum had better hope they were right.
In Norse mythology, Hel, the location, shares a name with Hel, a being who rules over the location. In late Icelandic sources, varying descriptions of Hel are given and various figures are described as being buried with items that will facilitate their journey to Hel after their death. In the Poetic Edda, Brynhildr's trip to Hel after her death is described and Odin, while alive, also visits Hel upon his horse Sleipnir. In Snorri Sturluson's Prose Edda, Baldr goes to Hel on his death and subsequently Hermóðr uses Sleipnir to attempt to retrieve him.
The Old Norse feminine proper noun Hel is identical to the name of the entity that presides over the realm, Old Norse Hel. The word has cognates in all branches of the Germanic languages, including Old English hell (and thus Modern English hell), Old Frisian helle, Old Saxon hellia, Old High German hella, and Gothic halja. All forms ultimately derive from the reconstructed Proto-Germanic feminine noun *xaljō ('concealed place, the underworld'). In turn, the Proto-Germanic form derives from the o-grade form of the Proto-Indo-European root *kel-, *kol-: 'to cover, conceal, save'.[1]
-
Our atheist pals over on the political forum had better hope they were right.
This atheist who avoids the wasteland of the political forum like the plague is smart enough not to extorted into believing in the imaginary mob boss in the sky. I'm Italian, I'm versed in the whole "protection" racket already.
And I don't believe there's any mention of Purgatory in the Old or New Testament. I always was under the impression that Purgatory was a Catholic invention to try and squeeze more money out of their flock by hinting that giving more money to them might persuade Jesus's dad into moving them from Purgatory to Heaven.
This is a strangely interesting conversation, by the way. Not Browns-related at all, but still interesting. Nothing wrong with that.
This atheist who avoids the wasteland of the political forum like the plague is smart enough not to extorted into believing in the imaginary mob boss in the sky. I'm Italian, I'm versed in the whole "protection" racket already.
And I don't believe there's any mention of Purgatory in the Old or New Testament. I always was under the impression that Purgatory was a Catholic invention to try and squeeze more money out of their flock by hinting that giving more money to them might persuade Jesus's dad into moving them from Purgatory to Heaven.
This is a strangely interesting conversation, by the way. Not Browns-related at all, but still interesting. Nothing wrong with that.
Well....we Browns fans have been in Hel/Hell for the last 20 years. Or has that been purgatory? Perhaps we are now working our way out of Purgatory and into the Heaven of some winning/playoff seasons.
So, there...I have connected it to the Browns. How did that work?
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login