Skip to content

Rumor Hunt was in a bar fight....

The Browns Board
86 23 2.2k 1
  • @flugel said:

    I hear ya FFD.  I came in here posting about the Hunt thing; BUT found myself more interested in where the conversation went than the extended "nothing new to report" about Hunt.   That will probably go all the way to Roger Goodfella who ADORES playing Yah-wey with our dumb jocks like Josh Gordon.

    The reality this idiot was where he was at the time of night or morning with his current situation means he's never going to get it.   We heard the volumes of excuses for Josh Gordon, who's still getting suspended in the NFL's version of Camelot. 

    I don't remember worrying about Leroy Kelly, Greg Pruitt, and Mike Pruitt making dumb choices like Pac Man Jones any more than I have to worry about Chubb doing that.  Isn't that a big reason those guys were/are a lot easier to root for?

    Simple enough. It’s PC to be an idiot now. It wasn’t then. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Simple enough. It’s PC to be an idiot now. It wasn’t then. 

    Precisely!

  • can we pls keep this sht football here? these endless and circuitous discussions permeate the poly board weekly......religious discussions never go anywhere and lead to butthurt feelings usually on the part of people who cant understand why so many peopke are fucking tired of all these ",gods" vying for our atrention. 

  • can we pls keep this sht football here? these endless and circuitous discussions permeate the poly board weekly......religious discussions never go anywhere and lead to butthurt feelings usually on the part of people who cant understand why so many peopke are fucking tired of all these ",gods" vying for our atrention. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    can we pls keep this sht football here? these endless and circuitous discussions permeate the poly board weekly......religious discussions never go anywhere and lead to butthurt feelings usually on the part of people who cant understand why so many peopke are fucking tired of all these ",gods" vying for our atrention. 

    No.  I have posted 2 participatory threads on here the last few days that were both purely about football....and not a single chirp has been made in response to them, so it seems that talking football is not a subject for discussion much on here.....so if we have to talk about heaven and hel/hell.....so be it.  

    But I do understand about the religion thing.  People think that religion should be sacrosanct and that their religious views should never be questioned.  I say that a person's religious views are as subject to as much scrutiny as the next thing about them....their political views, their views on football, their views on sex, drugs, and rock n roll, etc. etc. etc.

    The reason I don't talk much about that subject is not because I   believe they should not be questioned...it is disinterest really....and deference.   Anyone CAN have whatever religious views they want. That is fine...and if I felt like questioning or challenging those, I would. Perhaps because I am completely tolerant of whatever anyone believes, I see no reason to "give them hell" over it.  I may engage in some factual discussion....like the concept of hell (which while I still maintain is not per se mentioned in the old or new testament...perhaps some concept of an equivalent domain is mentioned...after all, I know that Lucifer was sent to some underworld when he fell out with God). 

    But hey....the Dudeist in me says:   "Go with the flow"  "Be Cool" "Take it Easy"   about such matters.

    And hey...if you want to argue that Dudeism isn't a religion...that it is just something that came out of a movie, I say "Well, that's just like your opinion man".   Supposed legitimate religions may  have sprung up from not much more than that I would say.

  • @flugel said:

    Interesting stuff - thanks Reverend!  

    Yeah, brass balls not to be confused with blue balls.  Moses had more kids out of wed-lock than Shawn Kemp.

    True dat- ditto for some of the other patriarchs. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I suspect that incidents like these happened in the days of Kelly and the Pruitts....its just that you never heard about them. (not that those particular guys were engaged in anything....just some players of their day)  Either they were covered up with the acquiescence of the media, or no one cared enough about some minor scuffle to report it.....and their idea of what constituted a "minor scuffle"  would be things that to us would be considered quite serious....like spousal abuse.

    As our Steeler trolls like to point out- Jim Brown tossed a woman off a balcony, and nothing came of it. Today, you're probably gone for at least a year for that stunt. And back in the day, everyone didn't have a cell phone they could whip out and start taking movies that they could sell to TMZ.  🙂 Yeah, Ray Rice would probably still have  been playing if you turned the clock back to the 60s when hotels didn't have security cameras planted everywhere.  

    @hoorta said:

    True dat- ditto for some of the other patriarchs. 

    As our Steeler trolls like to point out- Jim Brown tossed a woman off a balcony, and nothing came of it. Today, you're probably gone for at least a year for that stunt. And back in the day, everyone didn't have a cell phone they could whip out and start taking movies that they could sell to TMZ.  🙂 Yeah, Ray Rice would probably still have  been playing if you turned the clock back to the 60s when hotels didn't have security cameras planted everywhere.  

    What the Steeler Trolls repeatedly misrepresented was that the balcony incident was in 1968.   Guys usually don't get suspended in the NFL for an incident that takes place 3 years after they retired.   Good luck getting a Steeler fan to understand that one.  Unfortunately, that is also 1 time Pittsburgh fans don't want to hear the victim dropped all charges.  I will reward their creativity for changing the truth from a 2nd story balcony to a 5th story balcony 5 decades later...

    All of that never changed the reality that Ben Rapen's victim count reached the plural while he was paid quite generously to be the face of the Steeler/Rooney franchise.  Having said that, I will admit he was only a Volunteer Rapist... If I had a steel dome, I'd think he's a great kid too!

  • @clevfan4life said:

    can we pls keep this sht football here? these endless and circuitous discussions permeate the poly board weekly......religious discussions never go anywhere and lead to butthurt feelings usually on the part of people who cant understand why so many peopke are fucking tired of all these ",gods" vying for our atrention. 

    No.  I have posted 2 participatory threads on here the last few days that were both purely about football....and not a single chirp has been made in response to them, so it seems that talking football is not a subject for discussion much on here.....so if we have to talk about heaven and hel/hell.....so be it.  

    But I do understand about the religion thing.  People think that religion should be sacrosanct and that their religious views should never be questioned.  I say that a person's religious views are as subject to as much scrutiny as the next thing about them....their political views, their views on football, their views on sex, drugs, and rock n roll, etc. etc. etc.

    The reason I don't talk much about that subject is not because I   believe they should not be questioned...it is disinterest really....and deference.   Anyone CAN have whatever religious views they want. That is fine...and if I felt like questioning or challenging those, I would. Perhaps because I am completely tolerant of whatever anyone believes, I see no reason to "give them hell" over it.  I may engage in some factual discussion....like the concept of hell (which while I still maintain is not per se mentioned in the old or new testament...perhaps some concept of an equivalent domain is mentioned...after all, I know that Lucifer was sent to some underworld when he fell out with God). 

    But hey....the Dudeist in me says:   "Go with the flow"  "Be Cool" "Take it Easy"   about such matters.

    And hey...if you want to argue that Dudeism isn't a religion...that it is just something that came out of a movie, I say "Well, that's just like your opinion man".   Supposed legitimate religions may  have sprung up from not much more than that I would say.

    @the-gipper said:

    And hey...if you want to argue that Dudeism isn't a religion...that it is just something that came out of a movie, I say "Well, that's just like your opinion man". 

    Thank Yah-wey I had already put down my tea before I read that.??

  • @clevfan4life said:

    can we pls keep this sht football here? these endless and circuitous discussions permeate the poly board weekly......religious discussions never go anywhere and lead to butthurt feelings usually on the part of people who cant understand why so many peopke are fucking tired of all these ",gods" vying for our atrention. 

    No.  I have posted 2 participatory threads on here the last few days that were both purely about football....and not a single chirp has been made in response to them, so it seems that talking football is not a subject for discussion much on here.....so if we have to talk about heaven and hel/hell.....so be it.  

    But I do understand about the religion thing.  People think that religion should be sacrosanct and that their religious views should never be questioned.  I say that a person's religious views are as subject to as much scrutiny as the next thing about them....their political views, their views on football, their views on sex, drugs, and rock n roll, etc. etc. etc.

    The reason I don't talk much about that subject is not because I   believe they should not be questioned...it is disinterest really....and deference.   Anyone CAN have whatever religious views they want. That is fine...and if I felt like questioning or challenging those, I would. Perhaps because I am completely tolerant of whatever anyone believes, I see no reason to "give them hell" over it.  I may engage in some factual discussion....like the concept of hell (which while I still maintain is not per se mentioned in the old or new testament...perhaps some concept of an equivalent domain is mentioned...after all, I know that Lucifer was sent to some underworld when he fell out with God). 

    But hey....the Dudeist in me says:   "Go with the flow"  "Be Cool" "Take it Easy"   about such matters.

    And hey...if you want to argue that Dudeism isn't a religion...that it is just something that came out of a movie, I say "Well, that's just like your opinion man".   Supposed legitimate religions may  have sprung up from not much more than that I would say.

    @the-gipper said:

    And hey...if you want to argue that Dudeism isn't a religion...that it is just something that came out of a movie, I say "Well, that's just like your opinion man".   Supposed legitimate religions may  have sprung up from not much more than that I would say.

    tenor.gif

  • There are topics that shouldn't (can't actually) be discussed in the work place:

    Religion,  Politics, Abortion, Gun Control.........issues where people feel STRONGLY on either side....and no matter what you say you are NOT going to convince the other side to adopt your view.  What you'll get is someone who was walking by during the conversation going to HR because their little feelings were hurt by something that was said.   -  That's where society's at right now.

  • @flugel said:

    I hear ya FFD.  I came in here posting about the Hunt thing; BUT found myself more interested in where the conversation went than the extended "nothing new to report" about Hunt.   That will probably go all the way to Roger Goodfella who ADORES playing Yah-wey with our dumb jocks like Josh Gordon.

    The reality this idiot was where he was at the time of night or morning with his current situation means he's never going to get it.   We heard the volumes of excuses for Josh Gordon, who's still getting suspended in the NFL's version of Camelot. 

    I don't remember worrying about Leroy Kelly, Greg Pruitt, and Mike Pruitt making dumb choices like Pac Man Jones any more than I have to worry about Chubb doing that.  Isn't that a big reason those guys were/are a lot easier to root for?

    Simple enough. It’s PC to be an idiot now. It wasn’t then. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Simple enough. It’s PC to be an idiot now. It wasn’t then. 

    So you are politically correct then? 

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Simple enough. It’s PC to be an idiot now. It wasn’t then. 

    So you are politically correct then? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    So you are politically correct then? 

    Possibly, but only if you are a possibilian.  LOL!

  • If it should turn out that there is no hell or devil. I can tell ya that there is something just as mean at work here. And places just as horrible. 

  • Again.. It's a "RUMOR"

    @nickers said:

    Again.. It's a "RUMOR"

    Are you confusing this with Ghoolie's Facebook Nickers?

    It's not a rumor that this kid was where he shouldn't be especially at an hour he shouldn't be considering the situation he has already put himself in.  It's like giving a pyromaniac a box of matches and telling us not to worry because you told him to be careful.  Oh okay, phew!

  • @nickers said:

    Again.. It's a "RUMOR"

    Are you confusing this with Ghoolie's Facebook Nickers?

    It's not a rumor that this kid was where he shouldn't be especially at an hour he shouldn't be considering the situation he has already put himself in.  It's like giving a pyromaniac a box of matches and telling us not to worry because you told him to be careful.  Oh okay, phew!

    @flugel said:

    Are you confusing this with Ghoolie's Facebook Nickers?

    It's not a rumor that this kid was where he shouldn't be especially at an hour he shouldn't be considering the situation he has already put himself in.  It's like giving a pyromaniac a box of matches and telling us not to worry because you told him to be careful.  Oh okay, phew!

    Exactly. And where do you find Garrett? In a weight room. He has never had a drop of alcohol in his life because of the way an older brother ruined his NBA career. In college he was unlikely to even get a ticket since he drove a really old Volvo.?

  • @nickers said:

    Again.. It's a "RUMOR"

    Are you confusing this with Ghoolie's Facebook Nickers?

    It's not a rumor that this kid was where he shouldn't be especially at an hour he shouldn't be considering the situation he has already put himself in.  It's like giving a pyromaniac a box of matches and telling us not to worry because you told him to be careful.  Oh okay, phew!

    @flugel said:

    Are you confusing this with Ghoolie's Facebook Nickers?

    It's not a rumor that this kid was where he shouldn't be especially at an hour he shouldn't be considering the situation he has already put himself in.  It's like giving a pyromaniac a box of matches and telling us not to worry because you told him to be careful.  Oh okay, phew!

    You couldn't confuse the two if you tried...  If the kid fucked up.. then too bad for the kid... And really.. Too bad for everybody.. The best loved plans don't always workout.... We move on regardless...

  • @flugel said:

    Are you confusing this with Ghoolie's Facebook Nickers?

    It's not a rumor that this kid was where he shouldn't be especially at an hour he shouldn't be considering the situation he has already put himself in.  It's like giving a pyromaniac a box of matches and telling us not to worry because you told him to be careful.  Oh okay, phew!

    You couldn't confuse the two if you tried...  If the kid fucked up.. then too bad for the kid... And really.. Too bad for everybody.. The best loved plans don't always workout.... We move on regardless...

    @nickers said:

    You couldn't confuse the two if you tried...  If the kid fucked up.. then too bad for the kid... And really.. Too bad for everybody.. The best loved plans don't always workout.... We move on regardless...

    ...but do we move on WITH Duke or do we accept someone's offer at some point?   Hunt is another Wild Card type guy (like Gordon was a wild card).

  • @nickers said:

    You couldn't confuse the two if you tried...  If the kid fucked up.. then too bad for the kid... And really.. Too bad for everybody.. The best loved plans don't always workout.... We move on regardless...

    ...but do we move on WITH Duke or do we accept someone's offer at some point?   Hunt is another Wild Card type guy (like Gordon was a wild card).

    @orion said:

    ...but do we move on WITH Duke or do we accept someone's offer at some point?   Hunt is another Wild Card type guy (like Gordon was a wild card).

    Duke is going nowhere, he's under contract. Until the dust on the latest Hunt miscue settles, Dorsey can't take chances Kareem will be available week 9.